Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,693 members, 7,809,618 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (192) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1086768 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 1:57pm On Aug 03, 2020
If it gets to that point and you have some tuition left to pay to the uni, you may want to consider making more payment to your uni which means the amount left to show for maintenance requirements will be a little lower

toyclicks:
Yeah Thanks.
I may have to start to worry if it approaches N530 cry

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:38pm On Aug 03, 2020
naledis:
Maybe what you experienced was a temporary system failure. I just tried to book on Emirates website and I didn’t have any issues

Are you in Nigeria? I have tried all the 3rd party agents, wakanow, travelstart travelbeta and non seem to work. Can you reconfirm if you are in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 2:44pm On Aug 03, 2020
Yes I am in Nigeria. I tried not only Emirates but also ajala dot ng

Dwebb55:

Are you in Nigeria? I have tried all the 3rd party agents, wakanow, travelstart travelbeta and non seem to work. Can you reconfirm if you are in Nigeria?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 2:47pm On Aug 03, 2020
Yeah Thanks

For ppl not making up their minds to leave the country yet, Shoprite don run leave una undecided cry

naledis:
If it gets to that point and you have some tuition left to pay to the uni, you may want to consider making more payment to your uni which means the amount left to show for maintenance requirements will be a little lower

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:48pm On Aug 03, 2020
mimilyrics:
It's not, the guidance is clear on this and there have been people whose applications were refused because of this but if you want to tow that route, then I'd not go over this with you. It's your choice.

I am confused on this statement, bank statement not capturing funds. It seem you understand this @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 2:52pm On Aug 03, 2020
mimilyrics:
Try to read the guidance again. It states that funds must have been held for a consecutive 28-day period (finishing on the date of the closing balance) ending no more than 31 days before your application and no later than the date of the application.
Even if you print the statement 10 days after your submission, it must show the 28-31 days period preceding your application; the days that will be counted will go no further than the 31-days before the online application submission.
If you use same statement for CAS, there are roughly about 5 days missing from the statement before your application.
Feel free to do what you want concerning this but I've said my bit.

Are you advising that one should reprint the bank statement after getting CAS to reflect the same day of submitting application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 3:02pm On Aug 03, 2020
Yes that's my advice but if your school okays it, please go with your school.
Note that my comments are based on how this played out in some other scenarios.
SAMDEEA123:

Are you advising that one should reprint the bank statement after getting CAS to reflect the same day of submitting application?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 3:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dwebb55:

T

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hopefuliam: 3:45pm On Aug 03, 2020
Dear House,

Please can i make my CAS payment from another person(my sister's bank)account. She is using Stanbic and their rates are better.
I do have a Stanbic account where i have my POF and tuition fees . I feel if i move in a large chunk of money i might have to explain again since i am almost at my 20th days bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 4:07pm On Aug 03, 2020
dami24:

Mimilyrics, you have talked about this before and I think it was corrected then and you agreed with the correction.

The ECO wants to see that you have held your funds in the account for atleast 28days and the statement of account should not be older than 31days before you submit your application.

Meaning if you printed your 28days statement of account on the 1st of July, it’s is still valid to be submitted until 31st July

You only have to reprint if you are submitting the statement after 31st July

I employ us to read the rules carefully. I strongly support this statement. There was even an illustration to this on the site. Let me go and screen shot and share. You 28days must cover up to when your application is submitted. Good luck all

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 4:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
Good evening, i don't understand the tls site anywhere, or are they not giving date again, I've been on this appointment stuff for the past 2hours and can't get any date..

I don't understand
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 4:27pm On Aug 03, 2020
CAS payment?

Do you mean your tuition deposit /complete fees??

hopefuliam:
Dear House,

Please can i make my CAS payment from another person[b][/b](my sister's bank)account. She is using Stanbic and their rates are better.
I do have a Stanbic account where i have my POF and tuition fees . I feel if i move in a large chunk of money i might have to explain again since i am almost at my 20th days bank statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by drills: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Has anyone gotten appointment date in VI today? I have been online searching all day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Dejavu31: 4:30pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hi, I printed my statement on July 10, can I still use it to fill out my application form for today.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mdeeokoye: 4:50pm On Aug 03, 2020
Has anybody received CAS from Liverpool hope university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rs172(m): 4:59pm On Aug 03, 2020
[quote author=drills post=92418359]Has anyone gotten appointment date in VI today? I have been online searching all day.[/quote

The same here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by naledis(f): 5:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
If for instance I choose to submit online today, whatever bank statement I get be it online from my bank app or a printed version at a bank branch can only reflect yesterday’s transactions as the most recent. Transactions done today cannot reflect until 12 midnight. So the latest transaction date I can capture on my bank statement would be of the day before. Going by this, how can the applicant then use a statement that includes the day of submission even if they wanted to?

mimilyrics:
Yes that's my advice but if your school okays it, please go with your school.
Note that my comments are based on how this played out in some other scenarios.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 5:34pm On Aug 03, 2020
I am trying to make ihs and visa payment with my access bank card and it is not going through or have they also reviewed their card limit too?

Also, how is my ihs fee be $1005? I thought it's £750 and the equivalent is £$981 using oanda and other currency converters like xe.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 03, 2020
pittoilet:
I am trying to make ihs and visa payment with my access bank card and it is not going through or have they also reviewed their card limit too?

Also, how is my ihs fee be $1005? I thought it's £750 and the equivalent is £$981 using oanda and other currency converters like xe.com

Your bank decides the exchange rate not oanda and co.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 6:06pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sanitizer:

my bank didn't do the conversion, that's the amount I was requested to pay on the uk.gov website. However, ihs fee using the ihs fee calculator is £750 equivalent to approximately $981 whereas I am seeing $1005
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 6:11pm On Aug 03, 2020
Hello guys

Please is it compulsory for the bank statement to be signed and stamped?
Also, can e-statements suffice
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bubblewitch: 6:13pm On Aug 03, 2020
Please how much is iom medicals for tuberculosis at ikeja
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 6:25pm On Aug 03, 2020
Bubblewitch:
Please how much is iom medicals for tuberculosis at ikeja

#57800 for adults. Age12 & above
#23150 for minors. Age 11-0

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
gracedforever:
Hello guys

Please is it compulsory for the bank statement to be signed and stamped?
Also, can e-statements suffice

Yes. It should be stamped, signed & dated.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 6:26pm On Aug 03, 2020
pittoilet:
my bank didn't do the conversion, that's the amount I was requested to pay on the uk.gov website. However, ihs fee using the ihs fee calculator is £750 equivalent to approximately $981 whereas I am seeing $1005

The difference is $24,

You have no other option than paying it,

Otherwise, you can wait for a few days when the currency drops.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 6:31pm On Aug 03, 2020
Definitely! but when i have the money and can't pay nko? my payment keeps declining(access bank).

Please who has another alternative way to pay?
mattfeuter:

The difference is $24,

You have no other option than paying it,

Otherwise, you can wait for a few days when the currency drops.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 6:32pm On Aug 03, 2020
Your closing balance will be used; you don't need to make transactions prior to printing. Nothing wrong with printing on the date you submit; the date of application should be your 29th day in this situation.
naledis:
If for instance I choose to submit online today, whatever bank statement I get be it online from my bank app or a printed version at a bank branch can only reflect yesterday’s transactions as the most recent. Transactions done today cannot reflect until 12 midnight. So the latest transaction date I can capture on my bank statement would be of the day before. Going by this, how can the applicant then use a statement that includes the day of submission even if they wanted to?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bubblewitch: 6:36pm On Aug 03, 2020
solarinde:

#57800 for adults. Age12 & above
#23150 for minors. Age 11-0
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by garuskoko(m): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2020
naledis:

You can actually use a bank statement that includes the date of your submission of online application. For me, my online submission date is 22nd July, but I printed my statement from 2nd June to 23rd July. This way my statement will address the ECO's interpretation of 28days and 31days.
This is possible because you are only allowed to upload documents after you have submitted online application and booked appointment. 28days or 31days, I believe everything is covered.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2020
solarinde:

Yes. It should be stamped, signed & dated.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 03, 2020
pittoilet:

Oh, now I understand what you said.
worldplay decides the exchange rate when converting from pounds to dollars. when I paid 1 pounds was 1.27 dollars but worldpay used 1.3.
Today it's 1.31 and I guess they used 1.34 for you. that's why you are to pay $1005(750*1.34).

When you finally want to pay your bank will then decide how. much naira they will charge you per dollar
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mobilipia(f): 6:56pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sanitizer:

Does that mean both the visa and IHS fee will be in US dollars?

(1) (2) (3) ... (189) (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.