Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093804 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by browneyes7(f): 8:16pm On Aug 04, 2020
Akchi32:
I finally did my visa interview today. I'm happy it went well.

These are the questions i was asked:

What's your name and date of birth?
Why have you decided to study my course?
Did you considered other schools before applying to University of Strathclyde?
Why did i choose University of Strathclyde?
Have i been to the UK before?
What's my future career plans?
Where will i be staying and the kind of apartment I'll be renting?
Why did i choose to study in Scotland?
What have i been doing after my undergraduate?
How much am i earning currently?
Who will be paying for your studies?
Do I've a dependent?
Will they be traveling with me?
Do i have family and/or friends leaving in the UK?
How much am I looking at earning after my studies?
The name of my undergraduate institution?
My undergraduate qualification (BA or Bsc)?
Why did i choose to go for my studies now?
If i understood all the questions asked?

The interviewer was really nice and friendly. I'll advise those preparing for interview to be calm and truthful. It's just you having a conversation with another person.

Best of luck.

Congratulations please start packing your bags...

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by IsJustGrace: 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2020
[quote author=Akchi32 post=92449139]I finally did my visa interview today. I'm happy it went well.

Congratulations wink

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Angeltemmy1: 8:40pm On Aug 04, 2020
Good day all, kindly assist I want to apply for a short course study visa, a course of 3 months, I want to go with a leave from work.
Can I just move the expected funds in my account for 28days as well? Or is it expected that there must have been regular transactions in the account for 6 months period, Because six months statements is required for short term study visa.
Also is it best I use my salary account or my other savings account and support with my work payslip.
If you have experience with short course study visa kindly assist.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
I sent you a mail, I would like to talk to you please

Akchi32:

Do I've a dependent?

The interviewer was really nice and friendly. I'll advise those preparing for interview to be calm and truthful. It's just you having a conversation with another person.

Best of luck.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by umofiaeng: 9:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
I've sent a mail to you.

Yes you can.

[/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbp2020: 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
It depends on your course
11600 for management
Pay 5800 to get your CAS and pay the balance on installments or before enrollment

Anon123:
Does anyon know the tuition payment plan for university of south wales?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:14pm On Aug 04, 2020
Angeltemmy1:
Good day all, kindly assist I want to apply for a short course study visa, a course of 3 months, I want to go with a leave from work.
Can I just move the expected funds in my account for 28days as well? Or is it expected that there must have been regular transactions in the account for 6 months period, Because six months statements is required for short term study visa.
Also is it best I use my salary account or my other savings account and support with my work payslip.
If you have experience with short course study visa kindly assist.

Check this link for documents you need, they are difference from tier 4 requirements

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OluAjo: 9:17pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hello,
Were you able to book the Self service or did you pay for the Assisted service?

TheGuyFromHR:
Right, I got 27 August.
For those looking at Ikeja, I think they are releasing appointments now, I saw some paid slots for September, so you could try now.
Thank you kindly to all those who were of help (looking at you here, duchess90, rs217 et al.).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:18pm On Aug 04, 2020
I just they pity my parents oooo because me self won't miss anybody.. Ordinary here in Nigeria they are begging me to come back house so they can see me what of if I just travel out waiting go happen..

Me I no dy miss anyone, at least my sister's are there with them. What they need from me is to forward money home.

My main concern is to stay abroad legally so that I can be sending invitation to them, If dy miss me too much.

Aprokodaughter:

Person will just carry bag and not see family for a year or more cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OluAjo: 9:21pm On Aug 04, 2020
Please advise.

The dates available for booking on the TLS VI is September 8.
I have been refreshing the page all day for an earlier date.

I don't know if I should pick that date or wait to see if any date will be available in August.
I'm to resume at the University of Westminster by October 2nd.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:27pm On Aug 04, 2020
OluAjo:
Hello,
Were you able to book the Self service or did you pay for the Assisted service?

I got the self-service, but I was standing by with my ATM card ready to pay for the assisted service had it been available.
For some reason, all the slots that appeared this evening were under self-service.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 9:28pm On Aug 04, 2020
OluAjo:
Please advise.

I don't know if I should pick that date or wait to see if any date will be available in August.
I'm to resume at the University of Westminster by October 2nd.

Pick that date, you can always rebook an earlier date if you see one.
However, if its a paid slot, you will lose the money paid once you rebook.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OluAjo: 9:46pm On Aug 04, 2020
Thank you for replying.

TheGuyFromHR:

Pick that date, you can always rebook an earlier date if you see one.
However, if its a paid slot, you will lose the money paid once you rebook.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 9:56pm On Aug 04, 2020
Please pick it already o, it may not be available tomorrow. You can keep checking to amend booking but the pressure will be less [quote author=OluAjo post=92463150]Please advise.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2020
Did the interviewer hint when your visa would be out? Do you have relatives in the uk? Was the interviewer ok with you quarantined with family member?

Akchi32:

Do I've a dependent?

Best of luck.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by hadidej: 10:02pm On Aug 04, 2020
@achi32... Did you and your family apply together?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 10:34pm On Aug 04, 2020
Hi guys

My bank statement does not have a 'date of printing'. It only has a period range for the opening and closing balance. Is there somewhere date is meant to be written?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Angeltemmy1: 10:35pm On Aug 04, 2020
justwise:

Check this link for documents you need, they are difference from tier 4 requirements

https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa/documents-you-must-provide

I saw it but I'm not clear about if I need to run account for 6 months , or just put funds for 28days.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:43pm On Aug 04, 2020
hadidej:
Did the interviewer hint when your visa would be out? Do you have relatives in the uk? Was the interviewer ok with you quarantined with family member?

I don’t know if this is supposed to be funny but it really made me LOL grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
Angeltemmy1:

I saw it but I'm not clear about if I need to run account for 6 months , or just put funds for 28days.

It stated 6months there, pretty much like visiting visa requirements, 28days is for tier4 visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 10:51pm On Aug 04, 2020
You can transfer like 1k or 500naira into your account on the date you want to print it so that it will reflect that date of printing as your closing balance

gracedforever:
Hi guys

My bank statement does not have a 'date of printing'. It only has a period range for the opening and closing balance. Is there somewhere date is meant to be written?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 10:52pm On Aug 04, 2020
Is anyone familiar with Arran house student accommodation in Edinburgh?

@mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 11:24pm On Aug 04, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 11:25pm On Aug 04, 2020
Ibromoney:
please don't withdraw the money till you receive your visa decision. I t deends on your school, LSBU, GCU etc. must see your bank statement before they issue CAS to you while some other universities will give you CAS once they receive your deposit.

Okay. Thank you Ibromoney.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 11:26pm On Aug 04, 2020
kode12:

After paying deposits to the school, you'll need to have your maintenance fees and the second half of the fees available in your account for 28days before you can apply for visa. Some schools will issue you CAS immediately you pay the initial deposits while others will want to see your finances are in order to apply for Visa before issuing you the CAS. UKVI confirms your financial standing with the bank, and it's best you let the money sit until you've been given a visa or better yet you're entering the UK

Noted. Thank you Kode.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 11:41pm On Aug 04, 2020
Congrats and All the best.
I hope is not a problem to have an address of where one plans to stay different from the school. My school is in Portsmouth but I plan to stay with an aunt in UK for sometime.So I put their UK address while filling the form as I do not even have an accommodation in place yet at my school.

House pls help..

Akchi32:

Do I've a dependent?

Best of luck.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 11:47pm On Aug 04, 2020
quille11:
Good afternoon guys,

I have a few questions as per the 28 days statement of account. After print out and subsequent visa application and interview,
1. do they require the money to still be in the account after interview till the period of decision on one’s status?
2. If self-funded, do they request for evidence of source of fund like payslip, investment at the interview stage?

Your response will be highly appreciated

Thanks

I have asked your first question before. So, it's advised that you leave the money in your account until you receive your visa decision.

For your second question, I'm not sure they do but another person who knows better may answer better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dduchess90(f): 11:59pm On Aug 04, 2020
@Justwise responded earlier to the post i think.

The purpose of the money should be left even after you received your visa decision and used for the purpose of maintenance/paying the remaining tution fees

Cheers

HerMoney:

I have asked your first question before. So, it's advised that you leave the money in your account until you receive your visa decision.

For your second question, I'm not sure they do but another person who knows better may answer better.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:05am On Aug 05, 2020
I'm not familiar with Arran house but from what I can deduce, it should be like most of the upscale student accommodations in most school environs.
bisi16:
Is anyone familiar with Arran house student accommodation in Edinburgh?

@mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 12:37am On Aug 05, 2020
I've received tremendous help and clarification here. I wanna say thank you guys. Nairalanders are the best.

Now that I'm clearer on the process, I'm still a bit concerned that I won't be able to make it in time for my welcome week, which is Sep 21 and start of lectures, which is Sep 28.

My school, Sussex University stated on their website that due to the current crisis and the unforeseen delays, they will allow students resume as late as October 16, 2020 and before that time, offer online classes.

My question now is, will UK immigration allow students entry into the country even after our start date has passed? For US, I know they refuse visas when you are applying past your start date and don't like to see students travel after this date. Is it the same for UK?

I should meet up with this Oct 16th date. I've emailed the school also with this question but while I await...

Anyone??

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bisi16(m): 12:46am On Aug 05, 2020
mimilyrics:
I'm not familiar with Arran house but from what I can deduce, it should be like most of the upscale student accommodations in most school environs.

God bless u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.