Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,745 members, 7,820,572 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1094595 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 9:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Just finished from TLS ikeja and almost home sef. Interview went well, basically the same with the interview questions posted yesterday... am hoping for the best.

Those who want to try walking in ahead of their far appointment should do so from 10:30am in whatever dates they want to try.

My cousin walked in yesterday and paid the required 42k plus for flexi, it was smooth and she said they were very few in there . Then considering that only one dependent of mine had 8.30am appointment. Our original appointment was 10.30, 12 pm and 1pm today but we were done in no time. Which may mean that our afternoon slots are now free.

These are just my observations though.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by BESTOFIT: 9:53am On Aug 05, 2020
Luseyi:
@ Pittoilett
Please were you able to pay with the access bank card?
If yes pls what rate did they charge you.

I am asking because am thinking of getting the card too so I can use it for my payments as well.
Thank you
Access bank charges #445 / #1
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 9:54am On Aug 05, 2020
Yimi4real:
Just finished from TLS ikeja and almost home sef. Interview went well, basically the same with the interview questions posted yesterday... am hoping for the best.

Those who want to try walking in ahead of their far appointment should do so from 10:30am in whatever dates they want to try.

My cousin walked in yesterday and paid the required 42k plus for flexi, it was smooth and she said they were very few in there . Then considering that only one dependent of mine had 8.30am appointment. Our original appointment was 10.30, 12 pm and 1pm today but we were done in no time. Which may mean that our afternoon slots are now free.

Congratulations dearie
Can someone go for Workin any day before appointment day?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 9:56am On Aug 05, 2020
@yimi4real,
Were u ask for any additional docs apart from what u have self upload? Like bank statement, evidence of accomodation etc

Is working only for family?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 05, 2020
Yimi4real:

Yayyy...congratulations dear

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 10:00am On Aug 05, 2020
Please what as transaction got to do with the statement of account showing one's proof of maintenance funds? I deposited my funds since 30th of June without any transaction in the account till 15th of July, only for my sch rep telling me that I would start counting my 28days from the 15th of July and then make another transaction a day before I print out the account statement. Gurus in the house I am lost at this very point.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mattfeuter(m): 10:06am On Aug 05, 2020
Yimi4real:

Good luck with your application. . . It’ll surely end in praise cheesy cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 10:10am On Aug 05, 2020
That’s what my cousin did yesterday. Her initial booking was September 2. But go with copy of original appointment.
bayosegun:

Congratulations dearie
Can someone go for Workin any day before appointment day?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 10:16am On Aug 05, 2020
It was assisted. So they uploaded everything. No additional requirements from the regular ones.
Take a photocopy if your data page along

No, walking in not only for families

bayosegun:
@yimi4real,
Were u ask for any additional docs apart from what u have self upload? Like bank statement, evidence of accomodation etc

Is working only for family?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by magnificientzaz(f): 10:17am On Aug 05, 2020
myke1759:

Can we talk please?

I have sent a d.m

I responded but you mails aren't delivering
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Amandacanny: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Am grateful ma

dduchess90:
Hi,

No, it will be better if the funds are transferred to your account, you can pay your tutuion while other funds should be kept as evidence of maintenance as per the 28-30days rule

Cheers

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 10:33am On Aug 05, 2020
Thanks a lot
Aprokodaughter:

Yayyy...congratulations dear
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 10:38am On Aug 05, 2020
Amen o, thank you �
mattfeuter:

Good luck with your application. . . It’ll surely end in praise cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 10:47am On Aug 05, 2020
@yimi4real, please did you upload any employment documents? Am a bit confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 10:47am On Aug 05, 2020
@yimi4real, pls do they collect ur uni. Transcript and waec/neco among the documents u gave Dem for assisted scanning?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Acuna91: 10:51am On Aug 05, 2020
Yimi4real:

Please which one is flexi again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pittoilet(f): 10:54am On Aug 05, 2020
Take heed to that advice, I was advised same too by my uni rep.
Gbeskey:
Please what as transaction got to do with the statement of account showing one's proof of maintenance funds? I deposited my funds since 30th of June without any transaction in the account till 15th of July, only for my sch rep telling me that I would start counting my 28days from the 15th of July and then make another transaction a day before I print out the account statement. Gurus in the house I am lost at this very point.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 11:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Thank you
pittoilet:
Take heed to that advice, I was advised same too by my uni rep.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 11:18am On Aug 05, 2020
Gbeskey:
Thank you
How is this advice correct? So what happens if the additional funds is not part of the maintenance funds or is one not supposed to use his or her account for any other transaction?
@mimilyrics @justwise, please clarify.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 11:23am On Aug 05, 2020
Nope. Just CV
sunshine21:
@yimi4real, please did you upload any employment documents? Am a bit confused.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 11:27am On Aug 05, 2020
Yes, they collected all those but if they are uploading for you then they will have you make a photocopy first of those credentials and they scan the photocopy. Easier for them to scan a normal A4 paper than certificates.
bayosegun:
@yimi4real, pls do they collect ur uni. Transcript and waec/neco among the documents u gave Dem for assisted scanning?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2020
So that it can reflect the date of printing

Gbeskey:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 11:32am On Aug 05, 2020
It’s one of the several added services on the TLS contact website. Visa applicants who wants a flexible appointment time would have to pay it. You can check their site to see the others as well
Acuna91:

Please which one is flexi again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 11:34am On Aug 05, 2020
Thank you
iamlinton:
So that it can reflect the date of printing

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lesley90: 11:35am On Aug 05, 2020
Good morning house , i want tom know if anybody has receive CAS from coventry university, the CAS is longer than expected . Moreso how about if the bank statement submitted will be lapse by 09-08-2020, can it still be use to apply for visa ?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 11:37am On Aug 05, 2020
Gbeskey:

With my understanding, that advice is true. Since the day of payment that you start the account does not count . E.g, you made all your deposits on 10th June, for you to be able to track that payment as your closing balance, it is Adviced that you deposit to that account on the 11th June so that when you want to print you can print your statement from the 11th June which will capture your deposit on the 10th as your balance . If you are going to print out the statement after 28th day which should be 8th July, it is advisable to make payment (say 1k) on 8july and print your statement on the 9th. I stand to be corrected. But this had worked for me.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 11:38am On Aug 05, 2020
Print a new bank statement

Lesley90:
Good morning house , i want tom know if anybody has receive CAS from coventry university, the CAS is longer than expected . Moreso how about if the bank statement submitted will be lapse by 09-08-2020, can it still be use to apply for visa ?
Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 11:41am On Aug 05, 2020
Lesley90:
Thank you

Do you mean 31days old on the 9th?. If yes, then you have to re-print.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 11:56am On Aug 05, 2020
Similar to what my uni rep said. I think have got no choice than to do the needful by obeying grin Thank you.
solarinde:

With my understanding, that advice is true. Since the day of payment that you start the account does not count . E.g, you made all your deposits on 10th June, for you to be able to track that payment as your closing balance, it is Adviced that you deposit to that account on the 11th June so that when you want to print you can print your statement from the 11th June which will capture your deposit on the 10th as your balance . If you are going to print out the statement after 28th day which should be 8th July, it is advisable to make payment (say 1k) on 8july and print your statement on the 9th. I stand to be corrected. But this had worked for me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by HerMoney: 12:11pm On Aug 05, 2020
dduchess90:
Hi,

There are 2 scenarios, 1. You apply for your visa, UK will issue a vignette on your passport which usually expires in 30days (unless it changes), in that case, if you don't meet up, you can reapply for a new vignette but you have to explain why you didn't resume studies in the first place. (and it has to be compelling not just financials or time), you might also need a new CAS or document showing your school is aware of your late resumption.

2. You don't apply for a visa, then perharps your school will reissue a new CAS with the revised start date or a document of some sort saying your late resumption was accepted.With that you can begin your visa process within the given timeframe

Hopefully your school gives more direction as this process differs

Others can add to this

Cheers

I appreciate your response but I don't quite understand you're saying. I was asking whether the UK immigration at the border will allow entry to the UK when your start date has passed. But I assume that if they approve the visa seeing the start date on the CAS, then it won't be a problem to travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Aug 05, 2020
mimilyrics:
No, you won't be needing documents to show 2nd year fees; all the ECO wants to see in your account is the amount stated on your CAS. If you're asked, just mention your funding source for the 2nd year; an explanation is often sufficient for this.

No, you don't need to show your payslip. To show employment information, a letter from your employer stating your employment details is often enough; the letter should state that you've been granted study leave for your study period if you intend going back to your employer.

Thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.