Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,174 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (200) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1091020 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by duchess90(f): 12:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
The UK immigration border won't need to check your CAS, your visa is enough. The most important thing is notifying your school and getting your visa.

Cheers

HerMoney:

I appreciate your response but I don't quite understand you're saying. I was asking whether the UK immigration at the border will allow entry to the UK when your start date has passed. But I assume that if they approve the visa seeing the start date on the CAS, then it won't be a problem to travel.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by browneyes7(f): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
Akchi32:
I finally did my visa interview today. I'm happy it went well.

These are the questions i was asked:

What's your name and date of birth?
Why have you decided to study my course?
Did you considered other schools before applying to University of Strathclyde?
Why did i choose University of Strathclyde?
Have i been to the UK before?
What's my future career plans?
Where will i be staying and the kind of apartment I'll be renting?
Why did i choose to study in Scotland?
What have i been doing after my undergraduate?
How much am i earning currently?
Who will be paying for your studies?
Do I've a dependent?
Will they be traveling with me?
Do i have family and/or friends leaving in the UK?
How much am I looking at earning after my studies?
The name of my undergraduate institution?
My undergraduate qualification (BA or Bsc)?
Why did i choose to go for my studies now?
If i understood all the questions asked?

The interviewer was really nice and friendly. I'll advise those preparing for interview to be calm and truthful. It's just you having a conversation with another person.

Best of luck.

Hi. I sent your a mail please kindly reply

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 12:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yimi4real:
Yes, they collected all those but if they are uploading for you then they will have you make a photocopy first of those credentials and they scan the photocopy. Easier for them to scan a normal A4 paper than certificates.

Thanks much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tboyq(m): 12:30pm On Aug 05, 2020
Please there is a Slight mistake in the my UK address while filling the Tb certificate form. And it reflected in my tb certificate. I hope this won't cause a visa denial or rejection please I need an advice please

Instead Of "7HT" I used "7JU" Below is the screenshot

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 12:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
Guys I’m confused on the statement to print.. money has been in my account since 17th June, and I paid for my visa fee on 3rd of August.. My interview/biometrics is next week

Should I print my statement from June till date ? Help out guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 12:42pm On Aug 05, 2020
kingfish101:
Guys I’m confused on the statement to print.. money has been in my account since 17th June, and I paid for my visa fee on 3rd of August.. My interview/biometrics is next week

Yes you can. But advisable to pay in a token amount prior to printing the statement.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by dhsmalls: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yes

mdeeokoye:
Has anybody received CAS from Liverpool hope university?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Abeingal23: 12:52pm On Aug 05, 2020
@justwise, Greeting, please I need your expert advise. Something is quite boarding my mind. I applied for Tier 2 UK visa and I had done my biometric with visa application center.. The question is that, my supporting documents was submitted on 18th July, 2020 because I did self service and I had my biometric done on 28th july, 2020. But the tuberculosis certificate used will expired on 10th of August, 2020. I hope, I will still be considered for the visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Aug 05, 2020
Gbeskey:
Please what as transaction got to do with the statement of account showing one's proof of maintenance funds? I deposited my funds since 30th of June without any transaction in the account till 15th of July, only for my sch rep telling me that I would start counting my 28days from the 15th of July and then make another transaction a day before I print out the account statement. Gurus in the house I am lost at this very point.

You have nothing to worry about, your school rep is talking nonsense, you only make transaction if the printout did not show date on it then you can pay any amount into the account before printing the statement.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 12:57pm On Aug 05, 2020
Congrats and all the best.
Please do you mean that I could do a walk in if my appointment date is far.Say for instance am ready and booked on 20th August and paid for an appointment for sept 3rd. Does this mean I could go to the center anytime from 10:30 am prior to my paid appointment day and just pay the #43k?

Also, will the #43k be paid by each member of the family ,eg a family of 4

Thank you

Yimi4real:
Just finished from TLS ikeja and almost home sef. Interview went well, basically the same with the interview questions posted yesterday... am hoping for the best.

Those who want to try walking in ahead of their far appointment should do so from 10:30am in whatever dates they want to try.

My cousin walked in yesterday and paid the required 42k plus for flexi, it was smooth and she said they were very few in there . Then considering that only one dependent of mine had 8.30am appointment. Our original appointment was 10.30, 12 pm and 1pm today but we were done in no time. Which may mean that our afternoon slots are now free.

These are just my observations though.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mamacajah: 12:59pm On Aug 05, 2020
sirgigs:
Hi Guys,

Anyone here that has registered as a student with the Scotish Social Services Council before?

Help is needed please.

KR
What's up? I am on the process ..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by peterveo(m): 1:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello my good people, has any one done form A for tuition purpose with Zenith or Sterling bank recently? If yes, what is the rate?
I'm hearing sterling bank have a lower rate. Is the difference worth opening a Sterling bank account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luseyi: 1:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
Hello and Goodluck.
Please are we suppose to submit transcripts, CV,waec, neck, employment details?
The only document listed on my CAS is my Bsc Certificate?
Pls help as I will be submitting nextweek.
These are the documents I have down for my family:
My CAS,Marriage Certificate, My Change of Name,Bsc Certificate, Children's birth Cert, and Our International Passports.

House pls is there any other document am missing.I particularly got confused with regards to Yimi4real earlier post abt CV,transcript, waec,neck,employment details

Thank you

Yimi4real:
Yes, they collected all those but if they are uploading for you then they will have you make a photocopy first of those credentials and they scan the photocopy. Easier for them to scan a normal A4 paper than certificates.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by iamlinton: 1:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
When was your last transaction

kingfish101:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Gbeskey: 1:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Thank you
justwise:

You have nothing to worry about, your school rep is talking nonsense, you only make transaction if the printout did not show date on it then you can pay any amount into the account before printing the statement.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
iamlinton:
When was your last transaction

On the 3rd of August
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by lynniebabes(f): 1:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
peterveo:
Hello my good people, has any one done form A for tuition purpose with Zenith or Sterling bank recently? If yes, what is the rate?
I'm hearing sterling bank have a lower rate. Is the difference worth opening a Sterling bank account?
Zenith is 507, access is 512
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 1:55pm On Aug 05, 2020
Yes. The site says you pay 43k and come in any time on your appointment date but in reality today people who had come in earlier than the appointment time were allowed in without paying, those who paid were those whose dates were far.

Yes o, you pay 43k x 4. It is not per family it’s per application. To reduce your cost, you can concentrate on your dependents. If you find a nearby date say 15th Aug, quickly book for them. Don’t worry, if you don’t find a new booking for yourself, you walk in pay Flexi fee and do your application same day with them. My original appointment was actually Sept 10.

They do not have too many bookings per day but cause of Covid, they understandably don’t want to have many people in a room at the same time.
Luseyi:
Congrats and all the best.
Please do you mean that I could do a walk in if my appointment date is far.Say for instance am ready and booked on 20th August and paid for an appointment for sept 3rd. Does this mean I could go to the center anytime from 10:30 am prior to my paid appointment day and just pay the #43k?

Also, will the #43k be paid by each member of the family ,eg a family of 4

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
Abeingal23:

@justwise, Greeting, please I need your expert advise. Something is quite boarding my mind. I applied for Tier 2 UK visa and I had done my biometric with visa application center.. The question is that, my supporting documents was submitted on 18th July, 2020 because I did self service and I had my biometric done on 28th july, 2020. But the tuberculosis certificate used will expired on 10th of August, 2020. I hope, I will still be considered for the visa.

You shouldn’t worry about that, I doubt they will refuse you because of that , worst case you will be asked to do another one

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Don’t be confused. You are expected to send in the docs you sent to the school before gaining admission. Was it only Bsc, you sent before you got admission? If there are others, please include it.
I am not sure if it’s a general rule though, but that’s what I am required to do.
Luseyi:
Hello and Goodluck.
My CAS,Marriage Certificate, My Change of Name,Bsc Certificate, Children's birth Cert, and Our International Passports.

House pls is there any other document am missing.I particularly got confused with regards to Yimi4real earlier post abt CV,transcript, waec,neck,employment details

Thank you

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2020
No, it won't.
Tboyq:
Please there is a Slight mistake in the my UK address while filling the Tb certificate form. And it reflected in my tb certificate. I hope this won't cause a visa denial or rejection please I need an advice please

Instead Of "7HT" I used "7JU" Below is the screenshot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
The documents you submit outside the ones listed on your CAS or by UKVI are dependent on your personal situation.
If you've been granted study leave by your employer or for some reason, you feel that it will aid your application or prove that your intent is to resume your employment after your course, then a letter from your employer comes into play.
Luseyi:
Hello and Goodluck.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 2:22pm On Aug 05, 2020
Whether you put additional funds or not, the amount in your account at the end of the period for you which you're printing is your closing balance. Putting in additional funds does not have any bearing on what the ECO sees as the closing balance.
I.e if I run my account for 28 days, I submit on the 29th day and I decide to print my statement for the 28-day period on the 30th day with or without depositing into my account, the money I have in my account on the 28th day will be my closing balance.
sunshine21:
How is this advice correct? So what happens if the additional funds is not part of the maintenance funds or is one not supposed to use his or her account for any other transaction?
@mimilyrics @justwise, please clarify.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibromoney: 2:28pm On Aug 05, 2020
Were you asked about your source of money?

Akchi32:
I gave a direct answer: Yes they'll be traveling with me.

I wasn't asked what they'll be doing.

I paid with my dollar card.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Yimi4real: 2:29pm On Aug 05, 2020
Absolutely!
mimilyrics:
The documents you submit outside the ones listed on your CAS or by UKVI are dependent on your personal situation.
If you've been granted study leave by your employer or for some reason, you feel that it will aid your application or prove that your intent is to resume your employment after your course, then a letter from your employer comes into play.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Royalty63: 2:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
[quote author=HerMoney post=92468004]I've received tremendous help and clarification here. I wanna say thank you guys. Nairalanders are the best.

Now that I'm clearer on the process, I'm still a bit concerned that I won't be able to make it in time for my welcome week, which is Sep 21 and start of lectures, which is Sep 28.

My school, Sussex University stated on their website that due to the current crisis and the unforeseen delays, they will allow students resume as late as October 16, 2020 and before that time, offer online classes.

My question now is, will UK immigration allow students entry into the country even after our start date has passed? For US, I know they refuse visas when you are applying past your start date and don't like to see students travel after this date. Is it the same for UK?

I should meet up with this Oct 16th date. I've emailed the school also with this question but while I await...

Anyone??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by justwise(m): 2:37pm On Aug 05, 2020
sunshine21:

How is this advice correct? So what happens if the additional funds is not part of the maintenance funds or is one not supposed to use his or her account for any other transaction?
@mimilyrics @justwise, please clarify.

Paying additional money makes no difference, you can use the account for your day to day transactions as long as you don't go below the required amount and if you leave the account without transaction you are still good to go.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bayosegun(m): 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
@mimi, pls is employment letter part of docs to selfupload for t4 application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Royalty63: 2:38pm On Aug 05, 2020
@Hermoney I'm also going to university of Sussex this September. Studying Msc management of information technology. I just got my offer letter on Monday.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Lesley90: 2:46pm On Aug 05, 2020
ANY COVENTRY UNIVERSITY HERE THAT HAS RECEIVE CAS ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by kingfish101: 2:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Make una help me out nah.. Nawa oh..

I’m confused on the statement to print.. money has been in my account since 17th June, and I paid for my visa fee on 3rd of August.. My interview/biometrics is next week

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2020
Thanks @mimilyrics andJustwise

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.