Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,318 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1087800 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Yes credibility mock interview, CAS isn’t ready yet they said next week at most

Okay; thanks for this information.

Kindly share details of the mock so i can participate as well.

I'm missing out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Cyberknight: 10:06pm On Aug 18, 2020
sunshine21:
This not true. The limit doesn't apply to debit cards tied to your domicilliary account.
Obviously.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 10:15pm On Aug 18, 2020
rukkykelvin:

Okay; thanks for this information.

Kindly share details of the mock so i can participate as well.

I'm missing out.

It’s tommorow will let you know what was asked
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 10:24pm On Aug 18, 2020
QueensRoad1:

It’s tommorow will let you know what was asked

Thanks.

You reach me via my email as well.
( check your inbox)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by sunshine21: 10:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
You can't say it does for someone who is uses the card. GTB is not FirstBank.
Franklyn4:

It does brother. I have a Dom. account and my bank GTB said it applies to it too. So, this has to do with geo-locations (countries).

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Messyodi(f): 10:28pm On Aug 18, 2020
Congratulations. Which address did you fill while applying? Your parents or the school?
Dejavu31:
I did my interview today and I was asked this Question. My dad, Mum and sis live in the uk all citizens. They live 45 minutes away from the school, even the man interviewing me confirmed the distance. He asked if I will be staying with them, I answered that I have made arrangements with various landlords but I want to see what I’m paying for before paying and as such I will be living with my parents till I sort the accommodation issues out, and he answered fair enough. Mind you I included my parents tenancy agreement and utility bills as supporting document.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Maze20(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Pls kindly share ur questions with us.. That will be highly appreciated
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 10:50pm On Aug 18, 2020
drills:

A lot of persons were accommodated for walk in VI TLS.

Feel free to try any day, arrive before they start say 7am, your GWF number will be taken and you will ne mostly likely allowed in.

Thank you. I pray it applies like this at Ikeja TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:51pm On Aug 18, 2020
Pls I'm trying to log in to TLS through Gov. Uk website and it's telling me that the token is out of date. Please help me here. Is it network or what?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cdaniel: 11:25pm On Aug 18, 2020
Hello guys, please I need help. I went for my interview at TLS Ikeja today but on getting there, I was told my passport is defaced because it has a little patch on my forehead which was probably caused by heat. Meanwhile, I already uploaded all my documents on their site over 3 weeks ago. I was asked to get another passport and appointment. I want to know if I will have to start the whole process all over again like requesting for a new CAS, then proceeding to make a fresh application and appointment etc after I have gotten a new passport?
mimilyrics:
What were your considerations for choosing your course? Did you choose it as a result of your previous work experience or because you want to switch careers? If you are returning to your employer, how does this benefit your employer? Will it result in a pay raise for you at work? How does it satisfy your professional goals? Of what benefit is the course to you? Benefit is in terms of professional development / achievement or financial compensation. Did you check other courses? If yes, why did you choose this course above the other ones? What short or long term goal does this fulfil?
The answers to the above questions will enable you make the reason for choosing your course sound more personalized.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 11:35pm On Aug 18, 2020
Your new passport details wouldn’t match what’s on your CAS and application but you should be able to submit both passports + the new CAS to avoid having to put in another application. And then a cover letter to explain.

Probably best you ask your Uni this question as no one here would know for sure unless this has happened to them.

Do you know if you’d be able to get a new passport quickly?

cdaniel:
Hello guys, please I need help. I went for my interview at TLS Ikeja today but on getting there, I was told my passport is defaced because it has a little patch on my forehead which was probably caused by heat. Meanwhile, I already uploaded all my documents on their site over 3 weeks ago. I was asked to get another passport and appointment. I want to know if I will have to start the whole process all over again like requesting for a new CAS, then proceeding to make a fresh application and appointment etc after I have gotten a new passport?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 11:42pm On Aug 18, 2020
Benediktejike:
Pls I'm trying to log in to TLS through Gov. Uk website and it's telling me that the token is out of date. Please help me here. Is it network or what?
It is working now, please try again

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2020
THANKS BRO
Timexy1:
It is working now, please try again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 11:44pm On Aug 18, 2020
WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO CHECK FOR APPOINTMENT DATES, PLS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by girlsupersonic(f): 11:49pm On Aug 18, 2020
Any one going to Northampton uni here? Those guys are seriously delaying this CAS stuff sad It's so annoying

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 12:02am On Aug 19, 2020
Hello everyone. Please, a friend had a new CAS issued to him because of a particular change that needed to be made. However, the new CAS has a new CAS number and he has already applied with the old CAS number.

Please, what can he do as his appointment is very early tomorrow morning.

Any help will be appreciated please
@mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 12:22am On Aug 19, 2020
Please is anyone going for LONDON SOUTHBANK UNIVERSITY AND UNIVERSITY OF GREENWICH
please email me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:45am On Aug 19, 2020
I can only make 2 suggestions here:
1. Cancel the application and reapply using the new CAS. A refund will be effected to the payment card but this might take about 28 days to be effected.
2. Include a cover letter detailing the circumstances behind the change in the CAS information with the submitted application. I'm not 100% certain that this will work as it will require the ECO linking the already submitted application to the new CAS.
gracedforever:
Hello everyone. Please, a friend had a new CAS issued to him because of a particular change that needed to be made. However, the new CAS has a new CAS number and he has already applied with the old CAS number.

Please, what can he do as his appointment is very early tomorrow morning.

Any help will be appreciated please
@mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:47am On Aug 19, 2020
See Oloshi83 's response.
cdaniel:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 19, 2020
Respect and my warmest regards to the house....
As far as the money is already in your wife account, it really does not matter, however from experience it is better to say Parents than husband.

mimilyrics:
Pls read the comments by Oloshi83 Cyberknight and TheGuyFromHR ; they are apt answers to your question.

You don't have to lie that you're the source of the money in her account; don't do something that will affect your application negatively. Forget the agent, read the tier 4 guidance. It's well within the T4 rules for students to be sponsored by their parents.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 12:58am On Aug 19, 2020
Using valid and "if its expiry is less than six months" in the same sentence seem contradictory but from another angle, valid in this case might also mean valid as in from the authorized test centre because any TB test certificate from any centre apart from IOM is automatically invalid.

naledis:
I also wrote to them and got the same reply but be careful with your interpretation. It says a VALID tuberculosis certificate and what I understand this to mean is that the certificate should be valid (tenable, not expired) at the time you make your application.

The concession is that if the certificate then expires say a few days after your application has been submitted or before a decision is made, and the expiry date has not gone past 6 months, then it would be accepted.

I don’t think this email expressly means you can submit an expired or invalid certificate with your applications.

This is my opinion though. @justwise @mimilyrics

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:04am On Aug 19, 2020
Even though your husband doesn't qualify as an official sponsor, it doesn't mean that he can't give you money towards your studies. If you're asked for the source of the funds in your account, just mention that your husband gave you the funds.
Sommylove5:

@mimilyrics please I need your response to this .

Am applying for tier4 student visa together with my husband and my child . The majority of the money for our account statement was transferred to me by my husband to my account then my personal savings . My husband has been working for 7years while I have worked for 5years. We have been married for 3years . Please If am asked who is funding my studies and my living expenses what is the best way to answer this ? Thank you as I await your swift response
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:05am On Aug 19, 2020
Amen.
asatin007:
You are a life saver mimilyrics. May God bless you for this!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:08am On Aug 19, 2020
It's quite sad but then, to each his own. A lot of people are scared shitless of visa refusals but oftentimes, this fear bites them in the a** as most agents are just after their own persinal financial gains.
Skymoore1004:
Funny thing about this is that majority of applicants are only using the study route as a way of leaving Nigeria.

They cannot answer these questions.
Infact, some of them ask agents to just apply to any course that will give them offer quickly grin.
Some will opt for courses that they will not even study for free, if it was to be taught in Nigeria. Their own is just to pay agent & go for application submission, nothing more.

Agent will choose the course, write personal statement & just send them offer when it’s out.

P:S: I’m just making a random statement, you guys should not pick offence o.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 1:20am On Aug 19, 2020
mimilyrics:
I can only make 2 suggestions here:
1. Cancel the application and reapply using the new CAS. A refund will be effected to the payment card but this might take about 28 days to be effected.
2. Include a cover letter detailing the circumstances behind the change in the CAS information with the submitted application. I'm not 100% certain that this will work as it will require the ECO linking the already submitted application to the new CAS.

Thank you so much.
What if he just decides to apply using the old CAS? since that's what was on his application form. Do you think the old CAS is now invalid or redundant? Please help @mimilyrics
His appointment is this morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:26am On Aug 19, 2020
He should have taken this up with the school before now because the school is the only one that can answer this question.
Normally, a CAS status is changed to obsolete once it's used and cancelled once it's revoked. I suspect that your friend's CAS might have been revoked but only the school can confirm that.
gracedforever:

Thank you so much.
What if he just decides to apply using the old CAS? since that's what was on his application form. Do you think the old CAS is now invalid or redundant? Please help @mimilyrics
His appointment is this morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by gracedforever: 1:35am On Aug 19, 2020
mimilyrics:
He should have taken this up with the school before now because the school is the only one that can answer this question.
Normally, a CAS status is changed to obsolete once it's used and cancelled once it's revoked. I suspect that your friend's CAS might have been revoked but only the school can confirm that.

Thank you so much. Please when is the latest time he can amend or postpone the appointment so he can have more time to sort it out with his school? @mimilyrics
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 1:54am On Aug 19, 2020
24 hours before the appointment though the VAC normally gives a 15 min grace before categorizing you as a no-show on the appointment day.
If you miss your appointment, you can book a new appointment 24 hours after your initial appointment or use the walk-in service if available.
If the appointment can't be rescheduled on the site, mail UKVI giving reason for the missed appointment so that this option is enabled for your account.
Not sure if there are changes to the rescheduling system now due to the high volume of applications.
gracedforever:

Thank you so much. Please when is the latest time he can amend or postpone the appointment so he can have more time to sort it out with his school? @mimilyrics

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Luxiana19(f): 3:33am On Aug 19, 2020
Hey guys. Please for someone that is going to study nursing and tuition for a year is about £15,000. After paying the required deposit of about £5000 to the school, do you need to have the balance of the school fees in your account reflecting alongside your living expenses for the embassy?
I.e £10,000 tuition balance and living expenses must be in your account and printed on your statement for the embassy interview?
Please I would appreciate clarification on this, thankyou
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by SAMDEEA123(m): 3:50am On Aug 19, 2020
Who also have observed that tickets to the UK has skyrocketed? Please which platform is also reliable for international booking flights apart from wakanow?

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.