Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,997 members, 7,825,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1096075 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Agitude17: 4:38am On Sep 19, 2020
Long post alert Pls gurus in the house , have been a silent reader and I have really learnt a lot
. Pls for some with 2US visit visa refusal(family) The first refusal was based on my husband who was the primary applicant made a mistake on his form so he was not allowed in I had to go in with our son alone for the interview, I didn’t have all the answers to the questions asked so I was denied but we reapplied 2months later and we were given. The second refusal is that I had my second baby in the US went to renew and they denied US based on discounted bill (in which we paid all our hospital bills in full) but the VO said the money paid is less than the cost of hospital bill in in new jersey we paid $8000 in total but the VO said we should have paid $15000 and this was in 2016.
A ban from Canada resulting from not informing the Canadian government about the refusal ( we used an agent honest truth we didn’t know he filled NO instead of Yes cos we actually told him we have bin denied but I think he mistake us for another client (though na the matter we still Dey settle )we trusted him enough to deliver because he did for our friend and it was successful no reason to doubt him though we take full responsibility we should have verified b4 submitting big mistake. So now my Question is will any school be willing to sponsor me already with a ban. want to apply for a MSc program in the Uk going alone without my family . Pls which University will be willing to sponsor Me pls I need answers urgently pls @mimilyrics @justwise and other gurus in the house pls help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Capitalbase: 6:02am On Sep 19, 2020
Plus21:

Pls did you get the non straight forward mail at any time?

Nope.
No second interview
No Email.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 6:07am On Sep 19, 2020
Good morning all.

Please, I don't know what went wrong, Am trying to make payment with my GTB master card, Payment refused, want to pay for Visa fee. 318 dollars.

What is the next alternative ? Help
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bimbodelebite: 6:13am On Sep 19, 2020
Good morning all, Quick one for the guru's,I received a mail for second interview ,but I have not received thier phone call since,I didn't biometrics on the 27th August @uk Vi, so worried now ,they try calling me but it seems the network is bad ,they even called my husband who is in the office ,he told them my line that they should call me directly,
I have sent several emails to them notifying them of my availability for the interview.
What can I do now ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 6:16am On Sep 19, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:
Good morning all.

Please, I don't know what went wrong, Am trying to make payment with my GTB master card, Payment refused, want to pay for Visa fee. 318 dollars.

What is the next alternative ? Help

Use PAGA verve,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 6:26am On Sep 19, 2020
How can I make use of it please, help out.

Benediktejike:

Use PAGA verve,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by brainz360: 7:00am On Sep 19, 2020
smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by bimbodelebite: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2020
bimbodelebite:
Good morning all, Quick one for the guru's,I received a mail for second interview ,but I have not received thier phone call since,I didn't biometrics on the 27th August @uk Vi, so worried now ,they try calling me but it seems the network is bad ,they even called my husband who is in the office ,he told them my line that they should call me directly,
I have sent several emails to them notifying them of my availability for the interview.
What can I do now ?

Pls guru kindly help out .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 7:33am On Sep 19, 2020
Who is the admin of this thread , please can we have those cursing each other removed or banned from commenting from the main time , can’t even see relevant messages Cos I’m walking into cobwebs off curses very early in the morning
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:19am On Sep 19, 2020
There’s no blanket rule that covers this so you’d have to just shoot your shot (and be honest about it) and see what happens. It is likely you’d be asked if you have been denied a visa before at some stage and then asked for the reason for refusal. So for Canada, you would need to answer yes and then explain. You have to seriously think about how you word both (US and Canada) explanations. Blaming it on an agent wouldn’t help much so might be better to go along the line of ‘human error’.

Have you been to the UK before? Have you done a postgraduate course/degree before? Was the Canadian visa application for a visit or study visa? This would determine if it is ‘clear’ that you just want to ja pa or not. I think it would be more difficult if you have done some sort of postgraduate course before.

Also, make sure there’s logical progression in terms of your choice of course. It would be significantly harder if you, for example, studied a non-relevant course at undergrad level and have no work experience in the field you are applying for. That PLUS the previous refusals and ban portrays something else.

I don’t think anyone can tell you Unis that would sponsor you unless they’ve been in this specific situation before (or know someone who has) but I would suggest you apply to a number of Unis and not just a couple. It just means you can’t be too picky about Unis.

All the best.

Agitude17:
Long post alert Pls gurus in the house , have been a silent reader and I have really learnt a lot
. Pls for some with 2US visit visa refusal(family) The first refusal was based on my husband who was the primary applicant made a mistake on his form so he was not allowed in I had to go in with our son alone for the interview, I didn’t have all the answers to the questions asked so I was denied but we reapplied 2months later and we were given. The second refusal is that I had my second baby in the US went to renew and they denied US based on discounted bill (in which we paid all our hospital bills in full) but the VO said the money paid is less than the cost of hospital bill in in new jersey we paid $8000 in total but the VO said we should have paid $15000 and this was in 2016.
A ban from Canada resulting from not informing the Canadian government about the refusal ( we used an agent honest truth we didn’t know he filled NO instead of Yes cos we actually told him we have bin denied but I think he mistake us for another client (though na the matter we still Dey settle )we trusted him enough to deliver because he did for our friend and it was successful no reason to doubt him though we take full responsibility we should have verified b4 submitting big mistake. So now my Question is will any school be willing to sponsor me already with a ban. want to apply for a MSc program in the Uk going alone without my family . Pls which University will be willing to sponsor Me pls I need answers urgently pls @mimilyrics @justwise and other gurus in the house pls help

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Agitude17: 9:14am On Sep 19, 2020
Thank for the quick response @Oloshi83. The Canada was a visit visa. I have never applied for uk visa this is my first time applying
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2020
In line with what Oloshi83 said, the decision to accept or reject is dependent on the schools involved and not a one size fits all situation. That you've had refusals for other countries doesn't mean that you will be refused a UK admission / visa.
Some schools would rather not sponsor anyone with previous refusals because they simply rank the student on balance of probabilities and see no way why the refusals won't impact the student's ability to get a UK visa.
Some schools will accept you and ensure that they ask for every information and document included with your application and arrange mock visa interviews and document checks to prevent a situation where previous refusals will negatively colour your T4 application.

Some schools will accept you and have you fill an immigration check form and submitting your financial documents (which is usually the main reason most prospective students get refused for) before processing your CAS.

You can try Uni Kent, Huddersfield, Anglia Ruskin University. Will update once I remember any others that have successfully sponsored individuals with previous refusals.
PS: make sure you declare the refusals + reasons on your visa application to avoid been refused on misrepresentation / deception grounds.
Agitude17:
Thank for the quick response @Oloshi83. The Canada was a visit visa. I have never applied for uk visa this is my first time applying

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zhee2020: 9:38am On Sep 19, 2020
I did my biometrics on 18th August and was called for a second interview. It’s 10 days since my second interview and I’m yet to hear from UKVI. Please people that experienced or are experiencing this, what did you do? The silence is frustrating.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Agitude17: 9:50am On Sep 19, 2020
I haven’t done any postgraduate course.I have BSc banking and Finance 2014. Am going for MSc fashion and lifestyle Marketing While waiting for my certification which took Like forever to get (lasu Par-time) I went into the fashion Industry since I have passion for it did some trainings and certifications and I own my own fashion business (registered) want to Expand and gain more experience that is why am going for the course I hope am good to?. Also I have worked as an administrative assistant.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by OBYNOWEST12(m): 9:59am On Sep 19, 2020
I try using the Page verve, Transaction failed.

What will I do?

Benediktejike:

Use PAGA verve,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by QueensRoad1: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2020
Zhee2020:
I did my biometrics on 18th August and was called for a second interview. It’s 10 days since my second interview and I’m yet to hear from UKVI. Please people that experienced or are experiencing this, what did you do? The silence is frustrating.

Tried calling them ? That’s like 24 working days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Southhost: 10:22am On Sep 19, 2020
Please can one drive with Nigeria licence in the U.K. ? Just asking, maybe for one year then you have to apply for the U.K. licence ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2020
Zhee2020:

Which centre? I advise you subscribe to the paid email service . Email them explaining your circumstance and find out the status of your application. If decision has been made or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by cdaniel: 10:42am On Sep 19, 2020
My own application too has reached 18 working days and only got a non straightforward email on the 10th working day. I was thinking of going to TLS(Ikeja) as soon as it hits the 20th working day for enquiries but since I can reach ukvi on mail, I suppose that option would be better. You may please share the paid email address here. Thanks
Sommylove5:

Which centre? I advise you subscribe to the paid email service . Email them explaining your circumstance and find out the status of your application. If decision has been made or not
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2020
cdaniel:
My own application too has reached 18 working days and only got a non straightforward email on the 10th working day. I was thinking of going to TLS(Ikeja) as soon as it hits the 20th working day for enquiries but since I can reach ukvi on mail, I suppose that option would be better. You may please share the paid email address here. Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk/y/outside-the-uk/english

5.48pounds about 2700naira

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zhee2020: 10:53am On Sep 19, 2020
QueensRoad1:

Tried calling them ? That’s like 24 working days

Yes, they gave a generic response of awaiting decision and will escalate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 10:55am On Sep 19, 2020
Yeah, that makes sense. I was just checking that you weren’t applying for one of the more ‘popular’ courses on here.

What Unis offer the course? Someone here might have experience on their CAS process or whether they typically frown on applicants with precious refusals.

Agitude17:
I haven’t done any postgraduate course.I have BSc banking and Finance 2014. Am going for MSc fashion and lifestyle Marketing While waiting for my certification which took Like forever to get (lasu Par-time) I went into the fashion Industry since I have passion for it did some trainings and certifications and I own my own fashion business (registered) want to Expand and gain more experience that is why am going for the course I hope am good to?. Also I have worked as an administrative assistant.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sommylove5: 10:56am On Sep 19, 2020
Zhee2020:

Yes, they gave a generic response of awaiting decision and will escalate.

Which centre
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Benediktejike: 10:59am On Sep 19, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:

What will I do?

I really dont know bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adeyemiseun24(m): 11:00am On Sep 19, 2020
Got my Visa yesterday at TLS VI.
Biometrics and interviews : 26th of August
Got mail received by VAC and passport collection same time on Thursday.
God bless u all, and for those awaiting their visas , it shall be testimony at last.

20 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 11:03am On Sep 19, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:

What will I do?

Use another card, probably wema bank.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by solarinde(m): 11:13am On Sep 19, 2020
Hi all, advice to those travelling, please go there with your COVID test result .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by boe19: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2020
OBYNOWEST12:

What will I do?

i'm not sure, but i don't think naira cards work for these thins at the moment.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Zhee2020: 11:15am On Sep 19, 2020
Sommylove5:

Which centre

Victoria Island
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by KOVIC19COVID20: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2020
Southhost:
Please can one drive with Nigeria licence in the U.K. ? Just asking, maybe for one year then you have to apply for the U.K. licence ?

Yes, you can drive an insured car, with you as a named driver on the insurance for 1 year.

(1) (2) (3) ... (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) (398) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.