Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093193 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mrpudikin: 9:04am On Sep 26, 2020
mimilyrics:
Right! Submit just your own account showing the required funds in the stipulated manner.

Alright. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2020
Good morning good people.

I am sorry to break protocols. Please, pardon me. I should have gone through all the pages to know if my questions might have been addressed in the past but because of want of time, It has become really difficult.

I just got my CAS number from my institution in the UK and I am suppose to resume before 20 October.
1. Please, what should I do next as regards VISA and TB test. Should I apply for VISA first or TB test first. I am been sponsored through a scholarship.

2. I will be applying for priority VISA.

3. I have enrolled in my institution confirming my arrival this Autumn.

I am sorry this is coming at this time, COVID19 actually caused and delayed everything.

Help a brother with a brisk breakdown of the processes and the estimated cost.

Thank you for your response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2020
Swiftlee:

I am sorry to break protocols. Please, pardon me. I should have gone through all the pages to know if my questions might have been addressed in the past but because of want of time, It has become really difficult.

I just got my CAS number from my institution in the UK and I am suppose to resume before 20 October.
1. Please, what should I do next as regards VISA and TB test. Should I apply for VISA first or TB test first. I am been sponsored through a scholarship.

I am sorry this is coming at this time, COVID19 actually caused and delayed everything.

TB is needed for visa do you have to sort that out first

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akpesman: 9:21am On Sep 26, 2020
TheGuyFromHR:

If you can buy PTA, ask for the sterling equivalent of the US$4,000 allowance. I'm not sure if you can get sterling now, but that's a possiblity.

Second, converting USD to pounds in the UK might be unfavourable in terms of exchange rate. If you can, just buy the sterling now from naira and go with it.

I have a pounds sterling dormicilary account but I want to convert some of it to Naira. Pls how do I go about it. Can I withdraw in pounds and change same to Naira from aboki?
Pls your expert opinion on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Swiftlee(m): 9:27am On Sep 26, 2020
LagosismyHome:

TB is needed for visa do you have to sort that out first
Thank you so much. Let me do that ASAP

Modified:

The link to book an Appointment is not going through �

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/tuberculosis-test-for-a-uk-visa-clinics-in-nigeria/tuberculosis-testing-in-nigeria
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by deph: 9:27am On Sep 26, 2020
Timexy1:

No you don't need COVID-19 test for British Airways.
Flew British Airways from Abuja to London on Tuesday 22nd September. Nobody asked for COVID - 19 test.
Only asked if I have completed the passenger health locator form, to which I answered YES and showed them the print out at Abuja Airport. At the point of entry in UK, you will be asked for the same form, your quarantine location and how you plan to get to your quarantine location from the airport.

I will be flying from Abuja too... Hope no covid-19 test required...?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:30am On Sep 26, 2020
Pls can you help me with the locator form link or is it supposed to be sent to me at some point?

Aprokodaughter:

Will be using them as well. Seems nobody here have used them recently.

Its better to quarantine somewhere close to your school and remember we are meant to disclose (by filling the online form) our location within 48 hours before arrival.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 9:38am On Sep 26, 2020
https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk
toyclicks:
Pls can you help me with the locator form link or is it supposed to be sent to me at some point?

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 9:58am On Sep 26, 2020
Bukiegbegi:
Please those that used VI on September 2nd any response? This is just insane! I’m getting really anxious. What is going on now?

Testimony time!!!!
Visa approved!!!
Timeline
Application submitted: Aug 28th
Bio and submission: Sept. 2nd
Transferred to DMC: Sept 2nd
I don’t know when DMC received it.
DMC to Vac: Sept 24th
Vac to me: today via dhl!

Thank you to every single commenter on this thread! Your experiences guided me.

I made the following mistakes: Wrong DOB which I wrote a letter of explanation and the second one is between me and God because it was totally unintentional. Please when you notice any error please write a letter of explanation.

For everyone waiting receive your testimony in Jesus name!

Amen!

24 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Firstlady00: 10:02am On Sep 26, 2020
Good morning please any Bournemouth university student here please help a sister
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Congratulations. Where you interviewed?[quote author=Bukiegbegi post=94322123]

Testimony time!!!!
Visa approved!!!
Timeline

I made the following mistakes: Wrong DOB which I wrote a letter of explanation and the second one is between me and God because it was totally unintentional. Please when you notice any error please write a letter of explanation.

Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by damilarez: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Hello,
Are study visas usually approved on weekends too??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Best thing is to complete the MSc programme before switching to tier 2.

Infact completing the MSc programme will give him advantage for progression over other candidates especially when applying for band 6 position within the NHS.

Oh and BTW Biomedical Scientist is a protected title and until you are completely registered and protected by HCPC u can not use the title Biomedical Scientist.

So yeah your brother is prolly a MLS pursuing tier4

noblealuu:

A brother is a biomedical scientist pursuing Tier 4 visa and evaluating his credentials with HCPC pursuing Tier 2. If he enters the UK via student route and gets a job offer as a Biomedical scientist (sponsored by an eligible NHS), do you imply the MSC has to be forfeited if he must change status or better still wait and round off his PG? I hope you got the question clear sir? Just want to advise him properly.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Bukiegbegi:

Testimony time!!!!
Visa approved!!!
Timeline

Amen!

Congratulations. Where you interviewed?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 10:16am On Sep 26, 2020

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:17am On Sep 26, 2020
Yes or better still, have the aboki follow you to the bank, transfer from ur Dom acct to theirs and they transfer to ur naira acct right there and then

Akpesman:

I have a pounds sterling dormicilary account but I want to convert some of it to Naira. Pls how do I go about it. Can I withdraw in pounds and change same to Naira from aboki?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ibuske: 10:26am On Sep 26, 2020
Please all the dates ..

On the TLS website, 2nd to 21st of October are already sold out..No dates in November yet..please, what should I do?.. Please let me know when a date is vacant. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2020
Sort out ur TB test first

And by now I guess u already paid all or part of the tuition. The balance of the tuition and maintenance fee should be kept in your bank acct for 28 calendar days

Maintenance fee for unis inside london £1,265 per month x 9 months (minimum requirement) = £11,385

If your uni is outside London, its £1,015 per month for 9 months = £9,135

Use https://www1.oanda.com/currency/converter/ for your currency convertion but add 5 - 10 Naira on the exchange rate incase of fluctuations

Swiftlee:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 10:35am On Sep 26, 2020
Is PTA available for tier 4 visa holders? I thought they are only available for visitor visa holders.

TheGuyFromHR:

If you can buy PTA, ask for the sterling equivalent of the US$4,000 allowance. I'm not sure if you can get sterling now, but that's a possiblity.

Second, converting USD to pounds in the UK might be unfavourable in terms of exchange rate. If you can, just buy the sterling now from naira and go with it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
Bukiegbegi:

Testimony time!!!!
Visa approved!!!
Timeline

Amen!

Congratulations!
May the rest of us waiting, also testify in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Focusephraim(m): 10:42am On Sep 26, 2020
Ibuske:
Please all the dates ..

On the TLS website, 2nd to 21st of October are already sold out..No dates in November yet..please, what should I do?.. Please let me know when a date is vacant. Thanks

Do walkinchoose any date
Go for walkin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 10:47am On Sep 26, 2020
Hello everyone.

I am asking for a friend. She had applied for UK visit visa previously but was refused and she stated she has a sister in the UK.
Now, she has applied for tier 4 visa and while filling her form, the agent didn't state she has a sister in the UK.
She has done her biometrics already and the 15th working day will be within next week.
She is confused on what to do to avoid a refusal based on misinterpretation. She wants to know if she should send a mail to UKVI to explain things or should she just leave it that way.

Pls gurus help out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by giselle237: 11:01am On Sep 26, 2020
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.

I am asking for a friend. She had applied for UK visit visa previously but was refused and she stated she has a sister in the UK.
Now, she has applied for tier 4 visa and while filling her form, the agent didn't state she has a sister in the UK.
She has done her biometrics already and the 15th working day will be within next week.
She is confused on what to do to avoid a refusal based on misinterpretation. She wants to know if she should send a mail to UKVI to explain things or should she just leave it that way.
Pls gurus help out.

Everytime ... the agent, the agent... when will we ever accept that we are accomplices too sad
Agent, agent...
As long as it’s same individual that did biometrics the old form will come up.. has the sister left the UK now? It would be good if she is no longer there, otherwise...

7 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Flezi1: 11:04am On Sep 26, 2020
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.

Pls gurus help out.

This is quite tight. Guess you are left with 3 options!

(1) Send and email to them using ur application number as a reference stating the omission on ur part. This makes ur application complex.
(2) Be positive and wait. You risk been rejected
(3) Cancel your application.. Though with this u loose ur visa application fee.

As you can see there is no easy choice but u must pick one.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oggg: 11:08am On Sep 26, 2020
Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.

Pls gurus help out.
For me sha, she shud send email to them & withdraw the application sharp sharp.
It will be found out what she filled on her previous forms, no need to smear her application. They hate lies or attempt to lie which is equal to deception. Withdraw application now plss oo. Send email o. Visa fees would be lost.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Arhmiee(f): 11:11am On Sep 26, 2020
Thanks to everyone that has replied.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:12am On Sep 26, 2020
omopapa:
Is PTA available for tier 4 visa holders? I thought they are only available for visitor visa holders.

I know a couple of people who got PTA, but with a return ticket, so I don't think visa category matters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by TheGuyFromHR: 11:15am On Sep 26, 2020
Akpesman:

Yes, you can, as long as you're not using GTBank.
Apparently the CBN keeps shifting the goalposts with respect to domiciliary accounts, so you'd better do anything you want to do and are still allowed to do quickly.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:18am On Sep 26, 2020
omopapa:

PTA AND BTA is open to anyone travelling so not tied to the type or length of visa. However majority of the banks ask for return ticket
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:33am On Sep 26, 2020
I used to work with a bank back then in Nigeria and we didn’t sell PTA to tier 4 visa holders even with ur return ticket that’s why I asked

LagosismyHome:

PTA AND BTA is open to anyone travelling so not tied to the type or length of visa. However majority of the banks ask for return ticket

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by omopapa: 11:36am On Sep 26, 2020
I see, the rules must have changed then

TheGuyFromHR:

I know a couple of people who got PTA, but with a return ticket, so I don't think visa category matters.

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.