Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,294 members, 7,818,993 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:42 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093608 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by slimdolyin(m): 9:42pm On Sep 26, 2020
Quick question.

For someone to change the 2years post study visa to working visa do we need to get a job related to what we study or any job can ?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by toyclicks: 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2020
The 31 day rule is very key and not being joked about
If you've not done biometrics and used assisted service, I think you can still upload updated bank statement. If you used self service, I think you can upload on the day of your biometrics by paying assisted service fee.

If you've done biometrics, you might need the write UKVI with the updated bank statement. In this case, you will be hoping they get the mail on time and attend to it esp this period when they are swamped with workload.

Other option will be to withdraw application and start again sad

Gurus should put + or - where my suggestions are inadequate.

All the best

Elizabeth28:
Guys please if you submit a bank statement older than 31 days,lets say 48 days or thereabout, would it negatively affect the application.
I did not know about the bank statement being 31 days old as at the time of submission

I am very worried, someone should help me please with answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by rukkykelvin(m): 10:15pm On Sep 26, 2020
Using this case as an example,

what if she didnt mention the sister in her previous UK visiting application and also didn't mention on her T4 application as well.

And no questions was ask concerning this during the phone interview.

Will there be an issue?

Arhmiee:
Hello everyone.

I am asking for a friend. She had applied for UK visit visa previously but was refused and she stated she has a sister in the UK.
Now, she has applied for tier 4 visa and while filling her form, the agent didn't state she has a sister in the UK.
She has done her biometrics already and the 15th working day will be within next week.
She is confused on what to do to avoid a refusal based on misinterpretation. She wants to know if she should send a mail to UKVI to explain things or should she just leave it that way.

Pls gurus help out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Adazeal: 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hi guys. I've not heard anyone speak on yellow card.

Please, I was wondering if yellow card vaccination is a requirement for travel, saw that it is required for all travels on the e-ticket issued by wakanow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 11:48pm On Sep 26, 2020
Hello house,
My school sent me enrolment details because lectures are starting online on the 28th. But the school website said you should enrol only when you have gotten your visa. I am yet to go for my interview cos my bank statement count has not matured. Now, 50% of your tuition must be paid by that 28th of September. Please kindly advise what I should do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 12:26am On Sep 27, 2020
Sweetkid:
Hello house,
My school sent me enrolment details because lectures are starting online on the 28th. But the school website said you should enrol only when you have gotten your visa. I am yet to go for my interview cos my bank statement count has not matured. Now, 50% of your tuition must be paid by that 28th of September. Please kindly advise what I should do?

1. What Uni is that? I find it odd that the school is asking you not to enroll without a visa.

2. Would the school allow you attend lectures without enrollment?

3. What is the school's policy on refund of deposits if visas aren't issued?

4. When did you get your CAS?

5. What is on your CAS as regards enrollment?

6. What is stated in your CAS as the last date to resume in person?

Your visa decision will be premised on the conditions in your CAS

7. It appears you might be a little behind schedule given the circumstances you have stated here. 28th of September is tomorrow and your statement isn't even mature.

You need to clarify on these issues to know how to advise you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by liliberth: 12:38am On Sep 27, 2020
inphoenix:

1. What Uni is that? I find it odd that the school is asking you not to enroll without a visa.

Cos we are in odd times. Have a broad mind. My school did too

7. It appears you might be a little behind schedule given the circumstances you have stated here. 28th of September is tomorrow and your statement isn't even mature.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 2:29am On Sep 27, 2020
inphoenix:

The school is Middlesex University. After my pre CAS interview, I was told to enrol online when I get my CAS, but on their website, it was stated you need to get your visa first before enrolment. I am yet to get my CAS though the regional office assured me that it will be ready on the 28th which is actually the last date for issuance of CAS. As for refunds, you will get it if you are refused a visa. Yes, I had my first lecture last week Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Davidwali360(m): 6:44am On Sep 27, 2020
prittian:
When are you going?

I am leaving on the 5th of October from lagos. What about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Teerc4: 7:21am On Sep 27, 2020
Please is it okay if the main applicant applies for visa without her kids? The idea is for the husband to apply with the kids afterwards.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2020
Sweetkid:

The school is Middlesex University. After my pre CAS interview, I was told to enrol online when I get my CAS, but on their website, it was stated you need to get your visa first before enrolment. I am yet to get my CAS though the regional office assured me that it will be ready on the 28th which is actually the last date for issuance of CAS. As for refunds, you will get it if you are refused a visa. Yes, I had my first lecture last week Wednesday

Since you are allowed to attend lectures without enrolment, then I'd suggest you continue with your classes.

Paying the tuition deposit reduces the amount you need to show in your account statement. I would have advised you to have paid the deposit before now, in the light of the refund policy. It appears rather late now, given that tomorrow is the deadline for payment. You can still give it a try tho', and even if it is not received till after the deadline, you at least have proof that you initiated the transaction before the deadline passed. Quite a gamble, but worst case scenario, you will get a refund.

You really ought to have emailed the school with specifics of your situation and possibly got a waiver, extension or clarification as the case may be.

In any case, you have to wait for your funds to mature and CAS issued before you can apply for your visa. Further to whatever is stated on the website and what you were told after your pre-CAS interview, your CAS statement is more specific to your individual circumstances and should contain details that you (and whoever is considering your visa application) would have to work with. Fingers crossed you'll get it tomorrow then you can proceed from there.

Hope you have your TB test certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 7:31am On Sep 27, 2020
Teerc4:
Please is it okay if the main applicant applies for visa without her kids? The idea is for the husband to apply with the kids afterwards.

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Nattiejt: 7:43am On Sep 27, 2020
Greetings guru in the house.... pls can one carry yam and plantain into the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by inphoenix: 7:49am On Sep 27, 2020
Nattiejt:

Plantain? Really? grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2020
Nattiejt:

It easy for 23kg allowance to fill up quickly..... if you have other more important things to carry then that better than yam plantain.... both items can be easily bought in UK depending on what city and yam can be weighty. For me there no need carrying such

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:12am On Sep 27, 2020
Yes, you can but in my opinion, you shouldn't because plantains get spoilt quickly and might get mashed in your bag while yams are pretty heavy. Plantains cost about £1 - £1.20 for 3 pieces while yams cost anything from £2-5 from African stores and street markets so you can always buy after you arrive. It's waste of already limited luggage space and it'snot like that's the only food you'll eat everyday.
Nattiejt:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:13am On Sep 27, 2020
Elizabeth28:
Guys please if you submit a bank statement older than 31 days,lets say 48 days or thereabout, would it negatively affect the application.
I did not know about the bank statement being 31 days old as at the time of submission

The guidance is on google .....I would expect every applicant to read the guidance so you are absolutely sure of all the rules before applying

UK student visa is point based meaning you have to follow the rules exactly how it is stated ..48 days will definitely be a major issue . However are you counting bank statements date to date of online submission or date of biometric. It should be date of submission not date of biometric
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by mimilyrics: 8:13am On Sep 27, 2020
It's not required for entry into the UK.
Adazeal:

Please, I was wondering if yellow card vaccination is a requirement for travel, saw that it is required for all travels on the e-ticket issued by wakanow.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:16am On Sep 27, 2020
Adazeal:

Typically yellow card is for some african countries... however when covid first started around March 2020 ending Nigeria was asking for yellow card for travel for anywhere due to covid and even those going from UK to naija were asked for yellow fever

I was like smh. Wetin concern yellow fever and covid but once covid testing came that was stopped so check if wakanow still has the old information or if that information needs updating. Currently, UK travel doesn't need yellow fever

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bukiegbegi: 8:32am On Sep 27, 2020
rukkykelvin:

what if she didnt mention the sister in her previous UK visiting application and also didn't mention on her T4 application as well.

Will there be an issue?

If you never mentioned it, you are fine. I did in my previous application this year and I didn’t in T4 visa although it was unintentional. I got the visa

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Sweetkid: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2020
inphoenix:

Since you are allowed to attend lectures without enrolment, then I'd suggest you continue with your classes.

Paying the tuition deposit reduces the amount you need to show in your account statement. I would have advised you to have paid the deposit before now, in the light of the refund policy. It appears rather late now, given that tomorrow is the deadline for payment. You can still give it a try tho', and even if it is not received till after the deadline, you at least have proof that you initiated the transaction before the deadline passed. Quite a gamble, but worst case scenario, you will get a refund.

You really ought to have emailed the school with specifics of your situation and possibly got a waiver, extension or clarification as the case may be.

In any case, you have to wait for your funds to mature and CAS issued before you can apply for your visa. Further to whatever is stated on the website and what you were told after your pre-CAS interview, your CAS statement is more specific to your individual circumstances and should contain details that you (and whoever is considering your visa application) would have to work with. Fingers crossed you'll get it tomorrow then you can proceed from there.

Hope you have your TB test certificate?

Yes, I have gotten my TB test certificate and I have paid my tuition deposit and got a discount. Thanks for the response. I appreciate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2020
rukkykelvin:

Will there be an issue?

Is it a risk not worth taking .... the immigration is one database. In some cases they might not do thorough checks but in others there might and what if yours is one that they do. It not worth the risk . That A got away with it doesnt mean B would

You might not fill that information now, what of future application then that can come up and be a problem. Also in current applications you dont know what is in your sibling separate application that ties to you. Raising flags as to why it wasnt mentioned

The best approach is to be honest and be consistent.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ayo8(m): 8:52am On Sep 27, 2020
Elizabeth28:

It wouldn't... I believe the time stipulated is to allow for recurring debts on your account to become obvious..e.g loans etc etc...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Teerc4: 9:52am On Sep 27, 2020
Thanks
inphoenix:

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by viciouswoman(f): 11:48am On Sep 27, 2020
Please someone should help me with schools that accept HND for masters...someone stated it here before but I can't find it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Efrey123: 12:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
Good Afternoon guys,
Pls for those who have traveled recently to the uk, what's the cheapest airline to fly with? I contacted wakanow and the lady was saying 597k���,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 12:17pm On Sep 27, 2020
Please people, I just noticed something when looking through my application that I hadn't noticed before, my address in my TB certificate is slightly different from the address on my visa application. Not too different though but I omitted the street in my TB document which I put in my visa application. Will this cause a problem and if it would what do you advise me to do. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Efrey123: 12:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Doyinh:
Please people, I just noticed something when looking through my application that I hadn't noticed before, my address in my TB certificate is slightly different from the address on my visa application. Not too different though but I omitted the street in my TB document which I put in my visa application. Will this cause a problem and if it would what do you advise me to do. Thanks

Mine was a totally different address and it didn't affect

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Rheminix(m): 12:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Davidwali360:

I am leaving on the 5th of October from lagos. What about you?
wow am leaving on the 6th of October by God's grace. This strike wey they loom Like this i tire oo.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 1:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Okay, thanks
Efrey123:

Mine was a totally different address and it didn't affect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Brightingsus: 1:06pm On Sep 27, 2020
Efrey123:
Good Afternoon guys,
Pls for those who have traveled recently to the uk, what's the cheapest airline to fly with? I contacted wakanow and the lady was saying 597k���,

Someone here a few pages back said they had deals for BA student discount

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.