Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 - Travel (451) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 (1093130 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (721) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Tohlah1(m): 8:18am On Sep 28, 2020
Please anyone here with useful info for Walk-in in Ikj
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:38am On Sep 28, 2020
Kids under the age of 2 pay a nominal fee, typically about 10% of the adult fare.

Age 2-11, the fare is about 90% of the adult fare.

chiwelaw:
Please am trying to book a flight for a family and the airline is billing a child of 2years and 2months to pay same fare as adults. What do you think, any guide for me or there is no way I can make them to adjust?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Oloshi83: 8:41am On Sep 28, 2020
Your best bet is to fly into Edinburgh or Glasgow and then get a local coach or taxi.m (it’s about 90 minutes sha so taxi would be expensive). As you’d be flying with at least 3 suitcases, doing the journey from Heathrow into central London to get the train to Scotland would be quite difficult without help.

The coach is long but is easier than trying to get to central London.

Bashybabe2020:

Please how do I get to stirling from London
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Clarine: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2020
Good morning. Any 10th of September here? Any update from UKVI. I did on the 9th and family on the 10th. No news yet. Today is my 13th day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Focusephraim(m): 8:48am On Sep 28, 2020
Clarine:
Good morning. Any 10th of September here? Any update from UKVI. I did on the 9th and family on the 10th. No news yet. Today is my 13th day.

Priority??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Bashybabe2020: 8:49am On Sep 28, 2020
Tohlah1:
Please anyone here with useful info for Walk-in in Ikj

Go very early pick a number , make sure to be within the 1st 4 be friendly with those wearing a monogrammed TLS Shirt. Don’t talk to anyone on the streets they don’t have anything to offer you .

Best wishes

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by chybabie: 8:51am On Sep 28, 2020
Amen oooo, together with those of us who only got the non straight forward email but were not scheduled for a 2nd interview.
Jaylap:
All August 26th with second phone interview. I pray we get our visa this week o..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 8:54am On Sep 28, 2020
Hello, any one flying from lagos to Bournemouth? I cant find a directly flight. Can someone help me with the best route to take?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:04am On Sep 28, 2020
Backcheck:
Hello, any one flying from lagos to Bournemouth? I cant find a directly flight. Can someone help me with the best route to take?

A lot of cities in UK don't have international airport so you wont be able to find direct flights for many cities .

For london to Bournemouth is about 2 hours so you can fly to Heathrow and catch a bus or train to Bournemouth
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2020
Good morning everyone, Is walk-in for TB Test before the appointment data acceptable? How often does one get lucky with it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Backcheck: 9:20am On Sep 28, 2020
LagosismyHome:

A lot of cities in UK don't have international airport so you wont be able to find direct flights for many cities .

For london to Bournemouth is about 2 hours so you can fly to Heathrow and catch a bus or train to Bournemouth

Alright, thank you. So when I get to London, I’ll just get a bus/train ticket. No booking required?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by natstryker(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2020
Amen o! It's been too long
chybabie:
Amen oooo, together with those of us who only got the non straight forward email but were not scheduled for a 2nd interview.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:50am On Sep 28, 2020
Backcheck:

Alright, thank you. So when I get to London, I’ll just get a bus/train ticket. No booking required?

It might be cheaper if you book in advance for national express. Due to covid and lack of wanting to accept cash

Train you can book on the day of travel

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 10:16am On Sep 28, 2020
Good morning
Please, has anyone used the VI priority service and didn't get a response at the required time..

Please help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Timexy1: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2020
I travelled from Abuja to London on September 22nd with British Airways. Nobody asked for Covid test.

gracedforever:

I'm just confused. Is it the airline that demands for it or the airport authorities? Cos I just saw a document by FAAN saying that passengers traveling out of the country are advised to do a covid test. I'm trying to attach the document here but it's not working
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 10:23am On Sep 28, 2020
When was your biometrics
Akomosule:
Good morning
Please, has anyone used the VI priority service and didn't get a response at the required time..

Please help out
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2020
Did you do interview and is it a study visa?

[quote author=Clarine post=94391937]Good morning. Any 10th of September here? Any update from UKVI. I did on the 9th and family on the 10th. No news yet. Today is my 13th day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Skycharges(m): 10:25am On Sep 28, 2020
Clarine:

Did you do interview and is it a study visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ewunugaab: 10:27am On Sep 28, 2020
I got a decision email on the 23rd, and up until today, I'm yet to receive any mail and my application still shows at DMC.
My biometrics date was on the 8th of September, VI center.

Please who has experienced this? And what do you advice that I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 10:33am On Sep 28, 2020
Doyinh:
When was your biometrics

23rd of this month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Doyinh: 10:47am On Sep 28, 2020
Priority is 5 working days so you're still within that frame, your 5 working days ends this Wednesday
Akomosule:

23rd of this month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Mctee07: 10:48am On Sep 28, 2020
If you are not far from VI, I advise you go to TLS and tell the situation.

Ewunugaab:
I got a decision email on the 23rd, and up until today, I'm yet to receive any mail and my application still shows at DMC.
My biometrics date was on the 8th of September, VI center.

Please who has experienced this? And what do you advice that I do?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by senator77: 10:49am On Sep 28, 2020
Good day my people, please which is easier to book appointment with IOM Ikeja - phone or online? If it's by phone, can anyone post their number because the numbers I have are not going through. Thanks. ( Jan 21 applicant).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 10:51am On Sep 28, 2020
Phone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Akomosule: 11:04am On Sep 28, 2020
Doyinh:
Priority is 5 working days so you're still within that frame, your 5 working days ends this Wednesday

Yeah... I just want to know if VI do delay
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Ewunugaab: 11:08am On Sep 28, 2020
Thank you.
I would be there soon then.

Mctee07:
If you are not far from VI, I advise you go to TLS and tell the situation.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by whuzmhan: 11:10am On Sep 28, 2020
Ewunugaab:
Thank you.
I would be there soon then.

please go there and don't go to ask questions o
go with your collection slip and tell them you want to collect your passport
let them look for it
All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by pwettyhardey(f): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2020
senator77:
Good day my people, please which is easier to book appointment with IOM Ikeja - phone or online? If it's by phone, can anyone post their number because the numbers I have are not going through. Thanks. ( Jan 21 applicant).
+234(0) 807 219 1112 or 080 2226 4059 or 0909 999 1256 phone numbers.
You can book via phone or online but I feel it's the online that matters based on my experience.
I booked them on phone and I was given a farther day, when I tried booking online with the link sent to my mail, I got a closer date.
So I went on the date I got via online. I was thinking I won't find my name when they were calling us in since it's a different date I was given when I called.

The people that came and haven't booked online were told to do so and even pick a date thats far, that they will change it for them to today.the workers were hammering on booking online that day

I hope this helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by xander21: 11:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Hi,

If we get a mail like this when booking, does this mean that they have stopped walk-in at an earlier date?

(you can choose any other date while registering if there are no slots available for your given date, but your appointment remains as stated above. If you come any day that is not your appointment day, you will not be let in for your medicals).

pwettyhardey:

+234(0) 807 219 1112 or 080 2226 4059 or 0909 999 1256 phone numbers.
You can book via phone or online but I feel it's the online that matters based on my experience.
I booked them on phone and I was given a farther day, when I tried booking online with the link sent to my mail, I got a closer date.
So I went on the date I got via online. I was thinking I won't find my name when they were calling us in since it's a different date I was given when I called.

The people that came and haven't booked online were told to do so and even pick a date thats far, that they will change it for them to today.the workers were hammering on booking online that day

I hope this helps
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by RuthyBam(f): 11:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Jaylap:
All August 26th with second phone interview. I pray we get our visa this week o..

Amen and Amen

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by InternetSurfer7: 11:24am On Sep 28, 2020
For me none of the publicly available links worked and my email to them got no reply.
I was only able to contact them by phone and it was difficult. The day I was successful I tried all the numbers I found online for over 2hrs, this was the number that was answered, 0909 215 6079. The person I spoke to sent me an email with a link where I was able to book. The mail also provided payment instructions and the cost of the test.

senator77:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 by Springsuk: 11:26am On Sep 28, 2020
I landed yesterday,

I used Egypt air to Heathrow and take Uber to bournemouth

quote author=Backcheck post=94392213]Hello, any one flying from lagos to Bournemouth? I cant find a directly flight. Can someone help me with the best route to take?
[/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) ... (721)

General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.