Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,742 members, 7,817,051 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (446) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1161010 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 12:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
No. I actually want to go into sports and a degree in sports studies is required, currently am teaching and into properties.,
Anon123:

Wat are you currently into pls? Do u have experience in sports management?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Dampops:
I got this message from the VFS chat room. I hope it is sufficient for those intending to submit passports.
If we are to pay the said amount, which bank are we expected to pay it? It was not specified in your chat.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
And also this is a total career change, so i dont know if it can be an advantage or disadvantage
heidepaper:
Nothing is impossible. But it’s not advisable, from experiences we’ve seen here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Evergeen22: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello Everyone, please i just gained admission in UCW in Vancouver for masters in MBA, July 2021 intake, but the thing there is right now i am in china and i am asking, will it be better for me to come back to nigeria and apply from nigeria or is better i look for the Canadian Embassy here in china and apply. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by nayo10(m): 1:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Just heard VFS in Lagos is open, someone should help confirm how to submit the passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Muhammed43: 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

How old are you pls?
Have you done a bsc an graduated? If no, when did you finish secondary school ?
nooo, im 21 years,2013
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gov172: 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
nayo10:
Just heard VFS in Lagos is open, someone should help confirm how to submit the passport
YES IT IS OPENED.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Oluomu:
Thanks for your advice @lekiboboe, I am actually referring to PGC not PGD and I'm having zoom meeting with Fanshawe college on Tuesday to finalize my decision. Do you mean Langara college?

Please I would like to know in case I want to go with a family of 5 what is the minimum account statement and also would sponsor be allowed in this case if I'm unable to raise the minimum account statement for family study pathway.

Thanks for all that have contributed making this forum informative.

Hello Oluomu,

I doubt if you would be able to convince the VO of having a genuine study intent with the company of a family of 5. You may want to consider a single application so it can be easy when demonstrating your financial sufficiency and HT.

Also avoid Diploma or Certificate programs. If you can't get a PGD/C in your preferred course, go for something related or closely related to your work experience.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 1:53pm On Oct 26, 2020
KRTL:
For someone who studied English for first degree in Nigeria..what course is suitable for masters in the Canada.what are the suitable courses one can go for?Can one study French or any foreign language in Canada.

Hello KRTL,

You can check Linguistic, Media Communications, Public Administration, Communication and Strategic Studies, Peace and Conflict Studies, Sociology etc

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:54pm On Oct 26, 2020
It looked the same to me
Jac3349:

Is the consent form the same with the one given during biometrics or is it a different one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
The address on my biometric appointment booking. Full address is there
DINO71:

Which address did you use please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jac3349:

And how about the package transmission fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
Unfortunately, I don’t know. Contact vfs. If you do a google search you’ll find their email.
DINO71:

Those of us that have a valid biometrics what do we submit. I did my biometrics on an earlier application.
should we submit our BVL?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 26, 2020
All these points you gave here cannot convince the VO. Even, I am not convinced not to talk of a VO.
Dietminute:
No. I actually want to go into sports and a degree in sports studies is required, currently am teaching and into properties.,
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Do you have a valid permit in China?? How long is it valid? What type of permit. Normally if you’re staying there legally and with google record and you can prove strong home ties to Nigeria, it shouldn’t be a problem
Evergeen22:
Hello Everyone, please i just gained admission in UCW in Vancouver for masters in MBA, July 2021 intake, but the thing there is right now i am in china and i am asking, will it be better for me to come back to nigeria and apply from nigeria or is better i look for the Canadian Embassy here in china and apply. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
You’ll have to explain to the VO what you’ve been doing since 2013. With proof. If it’s studies, you’ll need to show certificates. If it’s job you’ll need to show proof. And also convince them how you’ll be able to cope after a 7 year gap.
Muhammed43:
nooo, im 21 years,2013
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jac3349: 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
It looked the same to me
Can you remember what you filled in it, that is, did you include your passport number in the form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

Have you received medical request or AIP?
Not yet, but I am highly optimistic that I will receive my medical request and AIP soon, by God's grace...
There isn't any methodology for this process, just do your due diligence and be hopeful.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 2:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Yes they are open

Jermaineayo:
Hello people,

Please can someone confirm this...thank you!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Go to vfs website and look for “buy services”. The applicable account number is stated there

DINO71:

If we are to pay the said amount, which bank are we expected to pay it? It was not specified in your chat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
sheg105:
Hello House,

Please I am planning to study in Canada for my Masters in Computer Science (University of Manitoba, University of Saskatchewan or Memorial University). I finished my B.Sc in 2015 and since them focus on my business. I own an I.T Company which have been running for 8 years now and its doing really well. in terms of properties: I have a 2 Unit 3 Bedroom Flat Building, My personal house and lands in different location in Nigeria. I am also happily married with a kid(1year old kid). I needed to give this background information so that you can understand my plight. I can also comfortably set aside N20m to N30million for my 2 years stay in canada with my family (wife and a kid).

Here are my questions:

1. Does travelling along with my family (Wife and kid) affect my visa application, since i have to prove that I will return to my country?
2. If you have had success traveling with your family on a student permit, please what are the documents you put together for your visa application.
3. If i decide to go alone and want my wife and kid to join me in like 2 to 3 months, is it possible? if yes, how do i go about it.
4. If my wife should come via visit visa will she be able to convert it to work permit visa and stay with me over there since i have a study permit?
5. Should i go about the travelling process online myself or engage a travel consultant as i have seen a lot of testimonies here?

Thank you so much i will be waiting for your response.

Hello Sheg105,

You have a very good profile. Considering your financial strength and HT, it may be reasonable if you consider a family application with an added reason and advantage of been a young family. This way, the areas you should watch out for is being able to demonstrate sufficient funds, justify your visit purpose, HT and make daycare plans for your child or not. You may make an insightful argument that your spouse would be charge with the sole task of looking after the child.

You shouldn't fail to state clearly the benefits of your study intent to your company and how it can improve it. This benefits can be broken down into two perspectives with the first as your future prospects/career advanvement and the second building a solid HT with the study intent by adequately linking it to your company back home.

On the other hand, you may want to apply alone and your spouse could either apply for a VV and thereafter apply for a SOWP in Canada or apply for a SOWP directly from her home country. A VV is also applicable for the child. It may be better if you initiate the process after the completion of your first semester or you could as well initiate the process at any time which is also good.

If your spouse is on SOWP, working for unlimited hours is allowed while you study. There is no need for an agent though but that's a choice and decision at your call.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
adeenzo:

Not yet, but I am highly optimistic that I will receive my medical request and AIP soon, by God's grace...
There isn't any methodology for this process, just do your due diligence and be hopeful.

Okay ...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
jdoe28015:

Which courier service did you use?? Did you ask for an adult signature on delivery? Also, the lady on the chat room is saying Lagos VAC is open.

So I heard too. I guess someone close-by in Lagos would eventually verify for confirmation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Byefelicia:
Please I would like to know if you will still be allowed to travel to Canada if you want to even if your school is doing online courses

Hello Byefelicia,

Yes, you can but only if your DLI is amongst the approved Covid-19 Readiness Plan list.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Jac3349:

Can you remember what you filled in it, that is, did you include your passport number in the form?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 2:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
adeenzo:

I don't think that is true, you can definitely get visa approval for an undergraduate diploma, I am also in the same shoes, I graduated with BSc in comp science, and I work as an IT systems administrator and I have applied for a diploma in electronics engineering in Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and I am currently awaiting my visa approval (by God's grace), that being said, you need to have a correlation between your studies or your current work, with the diploma you want to study.

Hello Adeenzo,

True! It is possible but not always advisable.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Mimi1234: 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Good Day, Please i would like to start an application to travel through Education. I don't know how to go about it . Kindly send previous threads to help me out . I am had a Second Class Lower Division as a degree and I seek for low tuition fee schools in Cake decorating and pastry Arts . I would also love to get Partial scholarship schools offering this course please . Thank You !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thank you!
Dampops:
Yes they are open

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello,

Welcome.

At the bottom of this page, there are numbers. Click on 1 and it will take you to the beginning of the thread. You can start reading from there.

I doubt there are scholarships for the course you mentioned

@lekkiboe usually helps suggest courses, before he responds, kindly do a google search of the course and add Canada in front, then search. Related courses will come up.

Do you have work experience with this course? Or a business? With proof (business registration document)If yes, very good.

Usually the course you are pursuing should be related to your previous study or work experience. Else the visa officer will wonder why the sudden switch. Of course if you can explain with convincing proof and evidence then you are good to go.

Since you have a 2.2, you should be looking at post graduate diplomas or post graduate certificate courses
All the best. From my google search most courses I saw in the field were ordinary diploma. And diploma is lower than the BSc you already have, it might cause some problems when applying for the visa. Wait for others in the house to advice.

All the best

Mimi1234:
Good Day, Please i would like to start an application to travel through Education. I don't know how to go about it . Kindly send previous threads to help me out . I am had a Second Class Lower Division as a degree and I seek for low tuition fee schools in Cake decorating and pastry Arts . I would also love to get Partial scholarship schools offering this course please . Thank You !
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Smileyin: 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
Please can someone recommend graduate schools for Computer science course that I can apply to. Its been way too long, got close and then I thought I needed to start over cause I couldn't do medicals since I was with child and half the tests wouldn't have been possible. This fate of mine has to change asap. My career is important to me and Canada has been my first choice from day 1 else I would have tried the USA. Its beginning to feel somehow. Closest I've gotten is medical request. Maybe I should do upfront medicals this time although I don't plan on getting pregnant again.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Smileyin: 3:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
@justmellow please respond to me too oh. You sound knowledgeable. Are you in Lagos?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by JustMellow: 3:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Glasses08:
Good day house,

I plan on submitting my visa application for winter 2021 this week though I am already behind with the timing and looking at the time lag for the VO to give a feedback I might not make the winter 2021 resumption date again.

My main concern is if using the LOA for winter 2021 term will affect if i will be granted a study permit since I am already behind. And if it won't affect and school has already resumed by the time my PPR drops(in faith) that means I will have to send a new LOA for Fall 2021 right? Or do I send the LOA for fall 2021 once I get it from the school before a decision is made on my application?

Secondly I just realised my international passport expires Feb 2021, I made plans to get a new one already but I am being given 2 weeks.
1. Can I still go ahead and use the passport number on this one that expires next year on my application and work on getting a new passport before PPR drops then I can send the new passport with a note.

2. Should I just wait till PPR drops then I send the one that will be expiring to them to affix the stamp? But my concern with this is if PPR doesn't drop before February, I can submit an already expired Passport by March or April na.

Please I need contributions on this as I am in a kind of dilemma right now.

@Frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Lekiboboe
@Chukwubuikexo
@Chocs
And other gurus in the house

Hello Glasses08,

You can still apply for the Winter 2021 intake now. If before December ending there is no progressive response, then its safe to defer to the next available intake and get re-issued a new LOA without it affecting your application. Its a choice whether to send the new updated LOA prior to its re-issuance or wait till its requested. This depends on the available time between your resumption and the updates gotten from IRCC. If the VO are slow with your application, then its safe to immediately forward the new issued LOA.

There is no worries applying with the soon to expire passport. Prior to submitting your application and before a final decision is made, you should have been able to renew it and update IRCC via CSE so it can be included to your file. This means when the PPR drops, you will only have to send the renewed passport for stamping.

It won't be advisable to send a soon to expire passport for stamping as the visa will be issued based on the duration of the PP.

All the best

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.