Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,942 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (445) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160839 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dampops(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2020
I got this message from the VFS chat room. I hope it is sufficient for those intending to submit passports.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Chukwubuikexo: 9:38am On Oct 26, 2020
Honorable you have over 7 years experience in HR/administrative position, an MBA isn't related to HR. What i suggest you should be going for is a M.A Human Resource Management.
The VO is probably concerned that neither your Bsc nor your work experience is related to the MBA
Beulahmoyo:
Hello House,

Please gurus in the house help a sister out.

I have been following this thread for awhile now, please I need help.

I recently received a refusal letter based on "purpose of visit". Oct 21. (With 4 pages sop very detailed)
Take note this is my 4th refusal after one canada agent man at ikeja swindled me abt 1.5m without doing anything, so I decided to do it myself after I ordered my caips note and discovered that all my study plan has always been "poorly documented"

I applied Sept 23 for SP, for MBA at University of canada west, paid one year tuition.
Have B.sc in chemistry but I have been working as an administrative position/HR in a private firm for about 7years.

Please help a sister here
@frankrobbn1 and all other gurus
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 26, 2020
Dampops:
I got this message from the VFS chat room. I hope it is sufficient for those intending to submit passports.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 26, 2020
You can drop your email and I’ll forward the form to you

jdoe28015:
Please where can i download the consent form.

My biometrics was completed in Lagos but Lagos VAC is still closed and I am now considering sending to Abuja and paying the necessary fees.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by jdoe28015: 10:05am On Oct 26, 2020
Which courier service did you use?? Did you ask for an adult signature on delivery? Also, the lady on the chat room is saying Lagos VAC is open.

heidepaper:
Nawa. I already submitted mine without all these their 2 copies and long story. Why is VFS so disorganized? They should make the information readily available and very clear. They should stop turning people up and down.

I submitted:
The receipt gotten during biometrics with the copy of stamped data page that was stapled to it.

2 passport photographs

Consent form

Letter asking to submit passport

International passport

I’ll give the house any other update that comes up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 10:08am On Oct 26, 2020
How much did you pay for two way courier service and how did you go about it?

heidepaper:
Nawa. I already submitted mine without all these their 2 copies and long story. Why is VFS so disorganized? They should make the information readily available and very clear. They should stop turning people up and down.

I submitted:
The receipt gotten during biometrics with the copy of stamped data page that was stapled to it.

2 passport photographs

Consent form

International passport

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 26, 2020
jdoe28015:

Which courier service did you use?? Did you ask for an adult signature on delivery? Also, the lady on the chat room is saying Lagos VAC is open.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 26, 2020
Faith243:
How much did you pay for two way courier service and how did you go about it?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gov172: 10:23am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=heidepaper post=95349990]You can drop your email and I’ll forward the form to you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Faith243: 10:26am On Oct 26, 2020
Please the receipt you got during biometrics did you send the original or photocopy

heidepaper:

I submitted:

2 passport photographs

Consent form

International passport

I did my biometrics in Abuja and I sent from Abuja to Abuja. Using DHL. It was 3,300 Naira (1,650 for each way)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 26, 2020
Yes it should be the original copy. Make a photocopy for yourself and keep but submit the original
Faith243:
Please the receipt you got during biometrics did you send the original or photocopy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 26, 2020
I just sent it to you
Gov172:
pls can you send it to my mail too. mustaphasodiq172@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Byefelicia: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2020
Please I would like to know if you will still be allowed to travel to Canada if you want to even if your school is doing online courses
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Gov172: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
I just sent it to you
not seen yet. please can you send again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by saipn: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2020
Chocs:
Hello,

The trv(visa) you’ll get cannot exceed the length of your passport. So if you submit a passport expiring February, the expiry date of the trv will be February, and this is not reasonable.

If you submit your application and the decision isn’t made in time, you can send a new LOA with a new start date. But please check with your school to know the deadline for a deferral so you don’t miss it.

I guess you can apply with this passport if you’re in a hurry and then send the data page of the new passport via webform and email once you get it.

Best wishes
I sent you pm pls reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by borvick(f): 11:09am On Oct 26, 2020
@Lord AA!

Congratulations! Please how much was your statement of account balance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 11:19am On Oct 26, 2020
Not to you. To the person with Mustapha email. I didn’t see your email address. Please drop it
Gov172:

not seen yet. please can you send again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dietminute: 11:37am On Oct 26, 2020
Hello everyone please i need suggestions on this!!
I have a bsc in Geography and graduated 2017, have been working also, but i wish to apply for under gradaute diploma in an entirely different field ( sports management).
What are my chances of getting visa approval because from what i have read here soo far it seams almost impossible to get visa approval for under graduate diplomas.. i'm 28years and single.
Please i need suggestions... Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:39am On Oct 26, 2020
Dietminute:
I have a bsc in Geography and graduated 2017, have been working also, but i wish to apply for under gradaute diploma in an entirely different field ( sports management).
What are my chances of getting visa approval because from what i have read here soo far it seams almost impossible to get visa approval for under graduate diplomas.. i'm 28years and single.

Wat are you currently into pls? Do u have experience in sports management?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:42am On Oct 26, 2020
MamaAaron:

First class.
My experience is in admin.

It might be hard to pursue a masters in education considering you dont have experience in that field
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:43am On Oct 26, 2020
Dietminute:
I don't think that is true, you can definitely get visa approval for an undergraduate diploma, I am also in the same shoes, I graduated with BSc in comp science, and I work as an IT systems administrator and I have applied for a diploma in electronics engineering in Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and I am currently awaiting my visa approval (by God's grace), that being said, you need to have a correlation between your studies or your current work, with the diploma you want to study.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 11:46am On Oct 26, 2020
adeenzo:

I don't think that is true, you can definitely get visa approval for an undergraduate diploma, I am also in the same shoes, I graduated with BSc in comp science, and I work as an IT systems administrator and I have applied for a diploma in electronics engineering in Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) and I am currently awaiting my visa approval (by God's grace), that being said, you need to have a correlation between your studies or your current work, with the diploma you want to study.

Postgraduate diploma (PGD) or normal diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by adeenzo(m): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

Postgraduate diploma (PGD) or normal diploma?
normal diploma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MamaAaron: 12:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
Anon123:

It might be hard to pursue a masters in education considering you dont have experience in that field

Oh ok. So I can actually look at other fields related to admin.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nothing is impossible. But it’s not advisable, from experiences we’ve seen here.
Dietminute:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Anon123: 12:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
adeenzo:

normal diploma

Have you received medical request or AIP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Honney85: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
But I'm hearing Lagos office is opened na for PPR drop off. Please can someone confirm this? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jac3349: 12:27pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:

I submitted:
The receipt gotten during biometrics with the copy of stamped data page that was stapled to it. (Original copy)

2 passport photographs

Consent form

International passport

I did my biometrics in Abuja and I sent from Abuja to Abuja. Using DHL. It was 3,300 Naira (1,650 for each way)

Is the consent form the same with the one given during biometrics or is it a different one?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:

I submitted:
The receipt gotten during biometrics with the copy of stamped data page that was stapled to it. (Original copy)

2 passport photographs

Consent form

International passport

Those of us that have a valid biometrics what do we submit. I did my biometrics on an earlier application.
should we submit our BVL?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jac3349: 12:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:

I submitted:

2 passport photographs

Consent form

International passport

And how about the package transmission fee?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Jermaineayo: 12:34pm On Oct 26, 2020
Hello people,

Please can someone confirm this...thank you!

Honney85:
But I'm hearing Lagos office is opened na for PPR drop off. Please can someone confirm this? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DINO71: 12:35pm On Oct 26, 2020
heidepaper:
I did my biometrics in Abuja and I sent from Abuja to Abuja. Using DHL. It was 3,300 Naira (1,650 for each way) I just asked for a two way courier, the lady understood it as they do it frequently

Which address did you use please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (442) (443) (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49