Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,496 members, 7,816,180 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 - Travel (667) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (1160444 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (723) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 12:38am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello @Frankrobbn1, I am yet to hear from you and I have some major clarifications to do. I'll really appreciate your prompt response. Biko help a sister oohhh

Many thanks.

TeeMade:
Hello Frankrobbn1, I initiated an email to you as requested. Awaiting your response.

Thank you.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by gentlejin(m): 1:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Hi Honorable,

No Visa is easy to get via any DLI (School) , you have to work for it by proofing to a Visa Officer you are a genuine student & your purpose of visit to Canada is to study

The two skool u mentioned & the 1 year/2 years program duration has nothing to do with your Visa Chances.

The only thing a 2 years Post Graduate Certificate program will give you is "more time to process Permanent Residence if u wanna stay back in Canada after your studies"

Read the content in the link below
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/558#96299938

and await more contributions from the house
Thank you chief
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 3:40am On Dec 09, 2020
Hi sis @rebecausoro I sent you a PM. Please it’s urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by daks02: 3:42am On Dec 09, 2020
rebecausoro:

Next tomorrow. That story will definitely follow grin grin

Hi sis, pls I sent you a PM. Please it’s urgent. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Thoyesh: 3:44am On Dec 09, 2020
If husband (applicant) and wife are in different countries, can the husband include his wife application (as a dependent) when applying for study visa, or it has to be done apart
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by xprimate(m): 5:21am On Dec 09, 2020
Good morning guys,
This processes is like a rate race now.
Submitted application on 14 October, got NSE yesterday, booked for IELTS today, Test date 19 Dec. Speaking date 20 Dec. Am in Jos and the only center available from British council is in Warrri, I have less than two weeks to prepare, Lord help.
Please guys should I go ahead to do my medical now, my school resumes first week of Jan.
Secondly, I am sponsored by my brother, should I process https://www.visa-mybankstatement.com/ for my sponsor alone or I should process for myself too?(their is sufficient fund in my account)
It will end in praise.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rootiab: 5:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Psychosocial:
That's a good one; but at what rate?
1 cad to 350
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Rbae: 5:59am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello everyone. Please, a relative of mine got his admission letter few months ago. He applied to University of Regina. Please, what's the next step to take? His sponsor is in the US. School is resuming in January so I need to know the next step he should take?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by DCNM(m): 6:08am On Dec 09, 2020
USASK??

teminhi:
Very early in January. Resumption for winter has been moved to Jan 11th so I plan leaving the Friday before.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 6:36am On Dec 09, 2020
Today's the day. Finally. smiley

Just a quick check:
I have my LOI, stamped passport, proof of enrollment, LOA, Funding award letter (as POF), and ArriveCAN receipt.

Do I need any other thing?

I didn't do COVID-19 test and I'm flying with Ethiopia Airlines.

18 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by rebecausoro: 6:37am On Dec 09, 2020
daks02:

I'm really sorry. I have many many unread or unreplied mails. This period has been extremely busy as I am trying to travel and preparing for exams at the same time. The email linked to this Nairaland account is not my main email so I don't check it often. I'll reply you now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2020
daks02:

Our babe should be on her way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by NairaLuck: 6:42am On Dec 09, 2020
rebecausoro:

Just a quick check:
I have my LOI, stamped passport, proof of enrollment, LOA, Funding award letter (as POF), and ArriveCAN receipt.

, I don't intend to do Covid test, I hope you pull through, arrive safely dear

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 6:44am On Dec 09, 2020
Rbae:
Hello everyone. Please, a relative of mine got his admission letter few months ago. He applied to University of Regina. Please, what's the next step to take? His sponsor is in the US. School is resuming in January so I need to know the next step he should take?
Hi,

Hope his sponsor in the US is related to him & they bear same surname e.g like Mum, Dad, Siblings , Uncle, cos this are the set of people that can be his Sponsor

Briefly, your relative should take note of this

- Financial Readiness is very very important
- You need to have enough money that's gonna cater for your tuition (like $14,000CAD upward , depending on the tuition amount of the program) & compulsory One-year living Expenses ($10,00 CAD).

If you are to make use of a Sponsor, it should be either your Mum, Dad, Sibling or Uncle/Aunty who you bear same surname with and have known you way back in time & your Sponsor should have enough money to the extent he/she will still have substantial amount of money in his/her account even after sponsoring you

Also, both parties should avoid any form of Lump sum of Money in their Accounts

- Show Strong Ties to Home country I.e things that can compel u to come back to Nigeria after your Studies e.g Your Parents, Wife/Husband & Kids (If Married), Landed Properties, Job, Position etc.

So to your question,

Since he has gotten admission, his next step is to Apply for a CANADIAN STUDY VISA

To do that,

Do take your time and go through the following MUST READ contents in the links below for Enlightenment & Guides about Canada Study Visa

CANADA STUDY VISA APPLICATION FULL GUIDE (D-I-Y) & other Useful Information pertaining to Canada Study Visa
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/341#94059644

SOP (Statement of Purpose) Step-by-Step Guidelines
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part#88892909

DETAILED LIST OF DOCUMENTS FOR STUDY VISA AND THEIR APPROPRIATE CATEGORIES FOR UPLOAD
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/274#93325073

Common Refusal Reasons and How to Tackle Them
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/28#89356538

Anything you ain't clear of or you have questions, do ask & members in this forum gonna respond

Good Luck!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by teminhi: 6:53am On Dec 09, 2020
No, TRU

DCNM:
USASK??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Dora14: 6:57am On Dec 09, 2020
Good morning all

I’m trying to fill the ArriveCAN app and after putting passport number it keeps saying wrong, please advise.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 09, 2020
DCNM:
USASK??

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Nobody: 7:04am On Dec 09, 2020
rebecausoro:

Just a quick check:

Safe trip to you, Beky!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Viking007(m): 7:09am On Dec 09, 2020
My biometrics is this week. Just to be sure I've got the right documents, can anyone please assist with the major documents to include in my file?
Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ConradAce1(m): 7:24am On Dec 09, 2020
Mobi22:

Pre nursing isn't one year. It's called pre-nursing because you'll take the course for a year and upon successful completion of your first year program, you'll automatically qualify to the bsc nusing program and move to level 200.

Welcome. You have been missing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:26am On Dec 09, 2020
Viking007:
My biometrics is this week. Just to be sure I've got the right documents, can anyone please assist with the major documents to include in my file?
Thank you.
Documents to go along with to VFS Office for Biometrics (Lagos or Abuja office) & other VITAL INFORMATION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/303#93627542

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by awys: 7:31am On Dec 09, 2020
Please who has used the GTB Bank Mobile banking app to send his statement to Canada through the my bank statement. will the ticket ID and password sent to your mail or you would download it from the app after sending the bank statement
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:32am On Dec 09, 2020
rebecausoro:

Just a quick check:

Yaaaaaayyyyy cheesy

Yes you do,

2 Kegs of AFANG SOUP garnished with lotz of PERIWINKLES & PANLA Fish wink

One for your Supervisor & One for your Saint John Crew cool

That's on a lighter note grin

With the above mentioned documents, i think you are good to go...........

Bon voyage Sœur Rebecca

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Fai2: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello,

Kudos to everyone here. I have been a silent reader, and this is my first post ever on Nairaland!! cheesy I read comments and I have gotten valuable information from here. Congrats to those who have gotten their passports especially through VFS Lagos embarassed and all the best to those who are still awaiting their decisions, wish you all favourable news.

Please oo, is anyone here going to Selkirk College? It is in Castlegar, British Columbia. I have seen the value of relationship and would be lovely to see someone who is going there too. I feel so alone! Please signify so we know ourselves.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Viking007(m): 7:35am On Dec 09, 2020
Lekiboboe:

Documents to go along with to VFS Office for Biometrics (Lagos or Abuja office) & other VITAL INFORMATION
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/303#93627542
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Lekiboboe: 7:35am On Dec 09, 2020
awys:
Please who has used the GTB Bank Mobile banking app to send his statement to Canada through the my bank statement. will the ticket ID and password sent to your mail or you would download it from the app after sending the bank statement
Try this,

Mybank Statement Ticket ID & Password Generation with GT Bank Mobile
https://www.nairaland.com/5818588/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/461#95495887
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by Tomitomeroo: 7:40am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello guys, please i would like to know if there's any consequence to withdrawing your study permit application, I've checked online cant really see anything, thanks as you reply, please dont air me abeg
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 7:43am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello @ awys, it will be sent to your email that is registered on your Gtbank account.

All the best...

awys:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by TeeMade: 7:52am On Dec 09, 2020
@Frankrobbn1, I have now started checking my mail to see your mail drop oh, thesame way some people here have been refreshing their mails to see IRCC donot reply mail drop oh.

It must shaa end in praise...

TeeMade:
Hello @Frankrobbn1, I am yet to hear from you and I have some major clarifications to do. I'll really appreciate your prompt response. Biko help a sister oohhh

Many thanks.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by ehiremen2002: 8:05am On Dec 09, 2020
Hello gurus, I need help as I plan re-apply for my student visa. I was initially rejected and just got gcms note.

I am trying to see how I can unturn all the reason they have given for reject. I used one of my inlaw to appeal the case via his MP and that doesnt seems to help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2020
rebecausoro:

Just a quick check:

Congratulations....safe journey.....you will be our correspondent. Give us situation report stage by stage when you arrive

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 by MadeMan01(m): 8:15am On Dec 09, 2020
awys:

I advise you to do it on computer. When I did initially on phone, it was showing my current account with savings account details where my funds were. Luckily I noticed. And did mybankstatement from laptop.
Most mobile apps give abbreviated version of pages. Unless you have only one account with GTBANK, then proceed

(1) (2) (3) ... (664) (665) (666) (667) (668) (669) (670) ... (723)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / USA Visit Visa Part 3 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.