Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,015 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? (8146 Views)

Samuel Okonta And Blood Thirsty Rivers State Politicians. / How Effective Are Lagos Laws To Lagosians(photo) / Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:47pm On Jan 09, 2011
isale_gan2:

Sounds like you lived a long time in Lagos.  So, you must have met lots of Ibos who were born and raised there, speaking Yoruba and mingling well with Lagosians.  I'm not going to pretend there weren't hostility from some, but there were many Ibos who blended well.
I[b] can see someone with an Igbo last name, maybe born of a Yoruba mother with long history in Lagos, becoming governor in 10-20 years from now.  It won't be easy, but it can be done.  It is probably more likely to have a Lagosian born of Tapa (long-term Lagosian) parents get in there first though.[/b]

yes i spent must of my child hood and a sizable portion in lagos was still there recently to see a friend smiley

@ yes i can also see it but he really have to be one great leader chosen by God i mean Allah himself

is it OPC that will not even have emir of kwara that will allow igbo governor in lagos state

well all in all that person will probably not even know anything about igbo again and all he will know is yoruba ringing in his ears undecided

that person will probably have an igbo middle or last name but pure igbo i doudt it maybe 50-70 yrs time or more

even tinubu a yoruba but not a born lagosian is have problems not to talk of pure igbo man

do you know that igbo man commossioner of lagos??

he does not even understand igbo anymore but he has an igbo name,, and yet still the aworis were still shouting not to talk of a pure igbo breed that has not helped his people in the east come to lagos or north to rule undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
How did the Tapa end up in Lagos from all the way Kwara/Niger State? I'm just curious.

Anyway, I have no beef with them. . . Shango's mom was Tapa  grin
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 6:49pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

How the HELL can someone say yorubas are 45% - 50% in lagos and igbos are 30%-35%

Stop arguing with this guy

As you can tell, he is just a fabricator!

This same idiot believes that there are more Igbos than Hausas in Nigeria

He is an idiot; ignore him!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

This same believes that there are more Igbos than Hausas in Nigeria

I believe that there are more Igbos than Hausa too. In terms of population, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa would be my guess. Remember, even in the core North, there are also Kanuri. And the middle belt has tons of non-Hausa groups which predominate.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by isalegan2: 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

How did the Tapa end up in Lagos from all the way Kwara/Niger State? I'm just curious.

Anyway, I have no beef with them. . . Shango's mom was Tapa  grin
Yeah.  I believe Sikiru Ayinde Barrister's mom was also Tapa.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Sometimes I wonder if the generosity and sharing nature of my people will be our downfall. Some people if you give them an inch, they ask for a mile  undecided

gbamm i tell you

i can not imagine an igbo man telling me to my face that kaduna or borno is 40-50% igbo,,, before he takes his next step, he will be killed immediately ,,,,fact

even abuja that el-rufia says is 70% igbo,,,, why can't the igbos leaving there claim it to be true,,, they will not spend another night in abuja i tell you angry

most of igbos just like to pull peoples legs
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 6:54pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

I[b] believe that there are more Igbos than Hausa too. In terms of population, Igbo, Yoruba, Hausa would be my guess. [/b]Remember, even in the core North, there are also Kanuri. And the middle belt has tons of non-Hausa groups which predominate.

Evidence please?

Do you know that the population of the Yorubas is more than that of the Igbo?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by presido1: 6:55pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Who is this silly child chatting crap on the net Okay, you were born in Kaduna (an example), Why don't you contest as a councellor or something and see if they would not shout inyamaria and kill you.
When they start their religious riots, why don't you say there since you were born there? Why do you run to the east or west or wherever?
Was nzogwu (with all due respect) not considered as an igbo man even though he has spent most of his life in the North? Boy, I am telling you the reality!!!
You made me to come back boy. I only responded to when you goofed about scot and British PM. Am not really interested in your lagos and igbo blah blah blah.

I told yo TB is A scot and you switched to knowing culture. Somebody called you Dundee United. Do you by any chance stay in Dundee?

Yesterday you were on about Tinubu is a thief and Muderer when i tried to correct made the goof of the yr even though the yr just started. If your brian is not working well why not borrow one.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:57pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

even abuja that el-rufia says is 70% igbo,,,, why can't the igbos leaving there claim it to be true,,, they will not spend another night in abuja i tell you angry

There is no way this is true. Whenever I'm in Nigeria I stay in Abuja. I would be highly surprised if Igbo are even 20% of the population there, not to talk of 70%.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:58pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Evidence please?

Do you know that the population of the Yorubas is more than that of the Igbo?

I still believe igbos are more than the yorubas or hausas.
Firstly, they give birth to lots of kids. My igbo neighbour in nigeria had 8 kids. 7 girls and 1 boy.
secondly, the population density of the east is the highest in nigeria apart from lagos because it is muticultural.
and finally, they are every where in nigeria. You would see an igbo man in every corner of nigeria grin. I like that aspect about them though.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2011
the lack of accurate census must be a major constraint to long-term planning.

i personally doubt there are 18 million residents in Lagos. But thats my own cigarette-packet estimate.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 7:03pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Firstly, they give birth to lots of kids. My igbo neighbour in nigeria had 8 kids. 7 girls and 1 boy.
secondly, the population density of the east is the highest in nigeria apart from lagos because it is muticultural.
and finally, they are every where in nigeria. You would see an igbo man in every corner of nigeria grin. I like that aspect about them though.

Indeed. Plus when you look at rates of taking exams like JAMB, etc, then it is becomes pretty suggestive.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2011
presido1:

You made me to come back boy. I only responded to when you goofed about scot and British PM. Am not really interested in your lagos and igbo blah blah blah.

I told yo TB is A scot and you switched to knowing culture. Somebody called you Dundee United. Do you by any chance stay in Dundee?

Yesterday you were on about Tinubu is a thief and Muderer when i tried to correct made the goof of the yr even though the yr just started. If your brian is not working well why not borrow one.

Guy, you no get sense walahi!!! angry

Have a said a single lie or I am just stating the reality on ground?

About the tinubu stuff, did people not confirm it Stay away from matters you know nothing about, ok? Or just stick to your yoruba bashing and biafra, sho ti gbo?? ode iranu!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by isalegan2: 7:06pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

i can not imagine an igbo man telling me to my face . . .

Stop that.  You're Igbo, remember.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:07pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Indeed. Plus when you look at rates of taking exams like JAMB, etc, then it is becomes pretty suggestive.
True!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 7:08pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

It must sorta suck to be an Igbo wife, in this respect. 8 kids out of one woman is way too many, lol. Plus it must be expensive feeding so many mouths  undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:10pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

It must sorta suck to be an Igbo wife, in this respect. 8 kids out of one woman is way too many, lol. Plus it must be expensive feeding so many mouths  undecided

They were quite rich! You know how an igbo man hustles. . . . grin wink
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 7:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Switch off your itshekiri brain for a minute, and use your Lagos brain. Does that even make any sense to you. I want factual evidence, not mama put talk. Ode!

One factual evidence does not give you the liberty to generalize. Abiola gave birth to 90 children! Name one Ibo man/couple with 90 Children; yet, I am not using that one evidence to support my claim. You live in UK, but you have not allowed UK to pass through you. AGain, give me a factual evidnce that shows that there are more Igbos than either Yorubas or Hausas

It seems that you dont know how to use your brain. I am talking about raw population number, you are talking about population density. The SE has the smallest land mass of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Of course it makes sense that their population density would be high.
It tells you nothing about the real population if the land mass is not the same. The whole of the SW is bigger than the SE.

Another stupit reply. Yorubas are everywhere un Nigeria. Even, Hausa are everywhere in Nigeria. Every school I have attended there are have been at least 1 or two hausa, even in a very remote part of Ife where I lived for 6 yrs, there were Hausas living amongst us. And, I am sure it is the same in the North.

Again, come up with evidence, not all these mama put yarns!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Switch off your itshekiri brain for a minute, and use your Lagos brain. Does that even make any sense to you. I want factual evidence, not mama put talk. Ode!
One factual evidence does not give you the liberty to generalize. Abiola gave birth to 90 children! Name one Ibo man/couple with 90 Children; yet, I am not using that one evidence to support my claim. You live in UK, but you have not allowed UK to pass through you. AGain, give me a factual evidnce that shows that there are more Igbos than either Yorubas or Hausas

It seems that you dont know how to use your brain. I am talking about raw population number, you are talking about population density. The SE has the smallest land mass of the three major ethnic groups in Nigeria. Of course it makes sense that their population density would be high.
It tells you nothing about the real population if the land mass is not the same. The whole of the SW is bigger than the SE.

Another stupit reply. Yorubas are everywhere un Nigeria. Even, Hausa are everywhere in Nigeria. Every school I have attended there are have been at least 1 or two hausa, even in a very remote part of Ife where I lived for 6 yrs, there were Hausas living amongst us. And, I am sure it is the same in the North.

Without a credible census, no one can be certain which ethnic group is bigger than the other.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 7:18pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Indeed. Plus when you look at rates of ta[b]king exams like JAMB, [/b]etc, then it is becomes pretty suggestive.

Again, you have to ve really sure about what you say.

In the SE, every tom dick and harry takes JAMB, and the same people take it over and over again until they outgrow it.

Every spare part apprentice of school leaving age takes JAMB, unlike in the SW

So you have to really careful. Again, there are more Yorubas in the University than there are Igbos.

Dont be fooled by some random cultural practices to think that the Igbo population is more than the Yorubas. It is simply not true.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2011
fstranger1:

Bros, why the insult?  
I would not take sides in any discussions. I say it as I see it!

The population if Ndigbo has been underestimated in Nigeria! Even that of the yorubas!. There was a story of an igbo man (sometime ago) saying he wants to form his own village.
You cannot use land mass to estimate the population of a group. If it is done that way, then, Hausas automatically have the highest population in nigeria followed by the yorubas. But you have to be honest here, THERE HAS BEEN NO CREDIBLE POPULATION COUNT IN NIGERIA! Coupled with the population density of the east, they are easily the most populous in nigeria, though there is no evidence because of our corrupt government.

I stand by it!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 7:20pm On Jan 09, 2011
Fair enough. Personally, it isn't very important to me whether we are #1, #2, or #3 in population. Doesn't really affect our position that much (at least, imo).
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
isale_gan2:

Stop that.  You're Igbo, remember.   

i know, i am half igbo not a full igbo man

they tend to make one angry with there arrogance and pride

later they will say i am anti-igbo, undecided then them , themselves are anti anything nigeria angry
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Fair enough. Personally, it isn't very important to me whether we are #1, #2, or #3 in population. Doesn't really affect our position that much (at least, imo).

Very true!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 7:23pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Bros, why the insult?  

The population if Ndigbo has been underestimated in Nigeria! Even that of the yorubas!. There was a story of an igbo man (sometime ago) saying he wants to form his own village.
You cannot use land mass to estimate the population of a group. If it is done that way, then, Hausas automatically have the highest population in nigeria followed by the yorubas. But you have to be honest here, THERE HAS BEEN NO CREDIBLE POPULATION COUNT IN NIGERIA! Coupled with the population density of the east, they are easily the most populous in nigeria, though there is no evidence because of our corrupt government.

I stand by it!!!

jason i beg just shut it angry

what are you taking about undecided

have you been to the north  for you to say they are more than us

a typical norther that is not educated and has money will have as much as 15 children so what are you talking about

that is even average
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 7:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

it does oooo

did you know that it was because if that arrogance before 1960's is what led to the coup
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 7:26pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

jason i beg just shut it angry

what are you taking about undecided

have you been to the north  for you to say they are more than us

a typical norther that is not educated and has money will have as much as 15 children so what are you talking about

that is even average

As I said earlier,

I say it as I see it! and I stand by it!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 7:27pm On Jan 09, 2011
One thing to keep in mind guys. . . the # of children a man is obviously going to be higher if he has multiple wives. So the relevant quantity from a population growth perspective is children per wife, not total # of children.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 7:32pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Bros, why the insult?  

I stand by it!!!

So why did you bring up population density then?

It appears that you do not understand the concept of density.

Pop. density means how dense a population is, which is calculated by dividing actual population number by the size of the land the said population occupies (aka land mass); hence, 7/10 may appear more than 9/ 15 and 10/20, but you would agree with me that 10 and 9 are more than 7.  The Igbos may have the highest population density, it does not tell you much about their actual population number.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Katsumoto: 7:34pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ Afam4eva

Your points are ludicrous; your made out of thin air numbers of Igbos in Lagos are also ridiculous.

What is with some Igbos and Lagos? Why are some Igbos always wanting to rule in the West? Are there no credible lagosians that can rule Lagos? Any Igbo who feels he is sufficiently and more capable than the indigenious sons of Lagos should go and contest in his state; his services would be more required there.

You don't hear of any Yorubas or Hausas that want to rule in the East; yet some Igbos keep dreaming of ruling Lagos.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 7:35pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

One thing to keep in mind guys. . . the # of children a man is obviously going to be higher if he has multiple wives. So the relevant quantity from a population growth perspective is children per wife, not total # of children.

Even at that no conclusion can be made.

I know a lot of Yoruba couples with 6,7,8 children, even in this day and age!

The notion that there are more Igbos than Yorubas is just plain stupit and ridiculous!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 7:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
Nigeria is sort of a funny place, tho. If your father is Lagosian, mother Igbo but you grew up say in the North or East, you'd be eligible for any political office.

Father Igbo, mother Lagosian, but lived all your life in Lagos, would be more difficult.

Not saying any of this is wrong, just kind of interesting to me how Nigerians value certain things.

fstranger1:

Even at that no conclusion can be made.

I know a lot of Yoruba couples with 6,7,8 children, even in this day and age!
Agreed, I'm just pointing out how we should be thinking about things (children per wife, rather than total children.)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chief Dr. Willie Obiano Manifesto and History Impeccable! / Vice-president Osinbajo Confident In New NDIC Board / PDP Convention: Southwest Stakeholders Endorse Oyinlola, Ologunagba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.