Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,835 members, 7,956,153 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:51 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91999 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 1:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
taibat61:

Did u hear yourself? "A Namnny to breastfeed d baby"
Nuel4:
of course. How many modern women breastfeed their babies?
cheesy He doesn't know that many internet mothers now worry about the shape of their breasts than their babies... Na learner him be..cheesy
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by adebayo111: 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!
best response

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by clemmonce(m): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!
You correct bro. The guy nah correct guy. He sees that the wife is not too clean he cleans the house without causing any issue in order for peace to reign. Wise man i must say.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
samwash:
You just dey find wahala when problem nor dey.
If only I can be like ur husband.
Most women are looking for a supportive husband.
What I will advice is not to let him stress himself out by doing some of the house chores before he picked it up to do or when he start it, just take it from him & tell him u will finish the job even if he insists.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NwaliE01: 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?
As in eh. This one weak me pass
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by cruz419(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
what do u ladies want self my dear u man cant have it all ,,appreciate him this he is doing oo,,
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 1:16pm On Apr 29, 2020
youngestgrad:
Social experiment thread
OP is probably a single feminist (man-hater type) who created this thread as a twist on the usual complaint of women doing so many domestic chores while their husband sits on the couch and watches TV, she created this thread to see the reaction of nairalanders (men) when the tables are turned.
Bro.. May sense never elude you in your lifetime... There are many supportive men out there but this OP will forever rot in her delusion...check out this giveaway ... "I am writing to ask if you can help me to
persuade my husband to do less around
the house" cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by joyfullyjoyous(f): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
You should hold him tight n always make him realise you appreciate all he's doing. By all possible means assist . His type is not common. This shows his parents did a good job. If they are alive love n respect them more. Some men can't even tie their shoe lace themselves,spoilt brats.
Don't tell anyone this lest they start saying what's not. Ppl may say you must have charmed him. His friends may try to make him stop. Try and make sure he doesn't do much when they are around. At all times thank God for giving you such a man and make sure you always pray for him. Buy him gifts no matter how little. Love him more. Respect him too. May God give you the wisdom to sustain your marriage. Lucky you.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Uganto(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
what do women really want?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by mygreenday(m): 1:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

you didn't type this. the devil and the village people power working in your brain typed this. what a blind f00l you are.

you never mentioned that you ever praised and thanked him for being such a life saver when you needed it the most. if he had dropped money and went off drinking beer with his guys you would have loved it more.

I just hate you so much right now because you remind me of many ungrateful cows like you.

Please go ahead and use this stupidity to fight the man and cause trouble and confusion. open the door wider for the devil and all your village people to come in. FOOOOOL.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by brosprophet(m): 1:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
Iffffffy:
like seriously! op, you better come and ask what we experienced in marriage, you will give thanks to God for your hubby.

What we? You and who? shocked cool
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by toprealman: 1:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted
You can walk away from the "mess" you call it ba.....your eye go soon clear. You think he is enjoying it abi?
This is the reason why men end up sleeping with their housemaid, because the wife living a simply confused with life.
Why don't you open up and talk to your husband. Also volunteer to do things with your hand. Must it be puna issue always?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by omolasho: 1:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Mam, firstly I appreciate the fact that you appreciate and love your hubby's doing most of the house chores. I also understand your resentment. He is too devoted to your physical needs at the expense of the emotional need of you both. His excessive undertaken of what is predominantly feminine chores is making him slip off the masculine aura you wanted from your man.

Now you may wanna do these in the night;
tell him you really appreciate his chores efforts. and your concern of him being overwhelmed.
you wanted him to do less of chores(you may tell him of the ones you need his help).
you should step up in doing some of the chores yourself.

Finally, tell how you need him more by your side (sure he will have more energy and time for you when his chores are less)
Wrap up by giving him a nice sex(sit and roll on his d**k with kiss and fairy touch on his chest). Good luck!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Legendguru: 1:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
You turned him to slavenor what
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Philadelphia: 1:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
Op must have Patience Ozokwor as a mother who must've given her something from baba to her husband..

grin

What is nairaland turning to?

Did you not pray for a hardworking man? You've found one now and it's a problem?

If the man is lazy, una go complain. Now he's doing the chores you dey complain.

Na so one come here dey complain say her husband like sex too much.

Una wey be women ehn, you women can't just be satisfied.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
mygreenday:

you didn't type this. the devil and the village people power working in your brain typed this. what a blind f00l you are.

you never mentioned that you ever praised and thanked him for being such a life saver when you needed it the most. if he had dropped money and went off drinking beer with his guys you would have loved it more.

I just hate you so much right now because you remind me of many ungrateful cows like you.

Please go ahead and use this stupidity to fight the man and cause trouble and confusion. open the door wider for the devil and all your village people to come in. FOOOOOL.
cheesycheesy.. Bros take am easy.. She may just be trolling..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Timtim007(f): 1:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
You have married a 1 in a million kind of man...just do everything you can to show him you appreciate all he does..let this be your secret.. Don't tell people about this..and as much as you can make the effort to do the chores together..
Men like this are quite scarce.. I'm happy for you..despite the fact that you are whining about the chores he does around the house..

Tell him to relax,give him a massage..do the things he likes..
You make the effort to please him..even when he is exhausted..
U r a lucky woman
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Xclusiveme: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

That's the problem, he will not allow me to do anything, and it really pains me seeing him stressed out.

He really loves you madam
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ajl: 1:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
I think its this woman conscience that is hitting her hard. She said she could work away from a mess around the house unlike her husband who can't stand the mess and would try fix it. You are simply taking advantage of this guy and don't expect it to be like this forever.

I've been in a similar situation to just a less extent. Period when my wife was not working, I will still come home to take care if the mess in the kitchen. She could walk away from it unlike me. But these days I have given up. It will come with cost if she continue this way. I just can't tolerate people with such attitude and it could strain a marriage except the guy is super-tolerant of such attitude.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Xclusiveme: 1:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

We don't want you to turn completely to housemaid. Do some chores, yes, but leave the rest for us. cheesy

Wish my wife would be like that husband
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by oluigboelijah(m): 1:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
What it means is you are lazy that's why ur husband is busy with house chores .
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Munzy14(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
1000.....likes for this post, that woman is just lazy, soon e go clear for her eye...

A good and smart wife elongates her husband's life by being supportive...This one will soon kill that man with laziness...

In Nigeria most women see pregnancy as sickness.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by livitexguy(m): 1:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

That's the problem, he will not allow me to do anything, and it really pains me seeing him stressed out.
Manage him like that, then when ur children grew up of age they can also be supportive and stop complaining.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Xandelle: 1:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Hmmm

.. why do I have a strong feeling that this story is fake?

Your reality isn't someone else's reality. That husband to feminist A is an asshole, doesn't mean that husband to woman B must also be an asshole.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by mathew2oa(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

Nah, too much of everything is not good.
Remember, moderation is key.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by MrFly(m): 1:51pm On Apr 29, 2020
Nne u wan trend Abi?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by humilitypays(m): 1:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
So many men do this na, especially those born in midst of guys with no sister or one sister, so what's the big deal

My own question is this: why do ladies, mostly the ugly looking ones love answering sexy usernames online, why angry
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 1:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Are you for real?? shocked shocked shocked
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 2:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

I can see alot of reverse Psychology in your post grin tongue
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
gentlegenius:

You are lucky to have a supportive husband who is always willing to lend a helping hand to ensure his wife doesn't suffer. Men don't develop such attitude overnight. They grew up with it. so, obviously, you've already known him for this.
Why then, are you worried now?
As a psychologist, I think you are not actually worried because he work too much, rather, you are worried about the reason he worked too much... You are worried because you know you are the reason... You are worried because you don't know how he feels anytime he return to see lots of mess in the house. Most of those jobs he returns back to do is either created by you or your children. If you eliminate these chores, he won't see any work to do. Obviously, he can't be comfortable in a messed up house, but you can.
You don't need to talk to him to stop overworking himself, you need to ACT! If you are not lazy as some people are suspecting, you can work while your baby is sleeping on bed. Even when the baby is not sleeping, you can tie him/her on your back to do house chores. Everything you know he will like to do, do it yourself before he return back. By so doing, he will always have little or nothing to do. If you refuse to act, then get prepared because anytime his relatives visit and see how he overwork himself, they'll let the whole world know that you are the laziest person on earth.
She is simply using reverse Psychology to cover up some of her deficiencies..

I hope NL ladies are not expecting their husbands to do all chores for them while they are busy typing grammar on a Forum??

Lazy people are very great at making up coherent excuses!!

Beautykate?? Stop hiding under breastfeeding to overwork your husband!!!

He has been doing great since bride price time, stop leaving all domestic works for him!!!

It is unfair!!!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by OriOko88(m): 2:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
kalufelix:
cheesy The cooking part really makes them feel insecure and uneasy.. You need to see how their eyes dey chooke when i enter market to buy stuffs to cook especially when its obvious i am going to prepare a soupcheesy.. My neighbours wife once said she pities the woman i will eventually marry because she will not only loose the "cook" bargaining chip she will also have to be on top of her game to. compete..cheesy

Lol. funny you. You and your wife could start dragging kitchen with each other oo
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by OnyesomJ(m): 2:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Over feeding na na sin ?!

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Good fellows / Why Does Sex Slowly Die Off In A Marriage After 10+ Years?? / I Cause Pain To A Lot Of People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.