Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91296 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 11:04am On Apr 29, 2020
Nursery still on
And you can walk away from a mess but he can't.. You tha scruffy no offenses embarassed

But on a serious note if you really feel for him and you're not here just to make noise plus the baby isn't glued on your skin when asleep, then try putting the baby on the bed and ensure you give him a hormonal replenishing massage whenever he's home and you sense he's worn out. From there other ones may follow

He no sweet, dem go lament. He too sweet, dem go still lament. Bunch of confused, ungratified soulsembarassed
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?

madam i have to tell you this to your face

you be asshole
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Enli(m): 11:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Serious issue.. Baba God,please guide the single genuine brothers like me oo,make we nor go jam woman wey go complain say "please help, my husband is too sweet"
Abeg, what do women really want?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2020
Now i know why many young girls resort to the feminism campaign.. They are lazy, afraid of pregnancy and child birth, fear being enslaved by a man, fear commitment and dedication that comes with building a home, worry about their pvssy, breasts and body generally.. In summary they secretly curse their gender.. Very pathetic! .. Women should know that men have evolved from what their fathers used to be and also stay away from Nigerian movies it will do you more harm than good..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:06am On Apr 29, 2020
Na 24 hours you dey feed baby abi madam? U don use style convert our guy to domestic staff you come here dey blow grammar. Make you arrange yourself and do well, please no time, me don talk my own
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Temiasuquo: 11:07am On Apr 29, 2020
This is the dream man for most woman. You have it and still complaining.. Reverse is d issue in most homes. When some wives are complaining that their husband is dirty and does not want to assist in house chores, another woman is not please of d husband helping her out. God will make all woman to enjoy and be satisfy in their marriages
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by darmochy1(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2020
What exactly do women want? You people can never be satisfied. You are just too selfish.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Jaspero94(m): 11:10am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

I tire oh. You can never satisfy anyone
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by adebaba5: 11:13am On Apr 29, 2020
Nursery? When all schools are shut or are u guys residing in space?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Altimatic27: 11:14am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

Duty
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Camelo: 11:15am On Apr 29, 2020
What do women want exactly?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by infogeneral: 11:16am On Apr 29, 2020
I beg leave the man let him do what he knows how to do best. As long as he is not complaining or showing attitudes. When you are free join him but don't discourage him.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by stchinedu: 11:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

I tire o!

You let it out of my mouth...

Was wondering how to put it

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Daboomb: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.....

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

Drug that baby with some sleeping syrup.
Once he is out of the way, replace him with your husband on your lap
Put Breast in his mouth and let him parole for one hour on that breast in his mouth.
Make it a habit once or twice a day, it have been proven by WHO to calm workhalic husbands.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by funshint(m): 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
NairaMaster1:

May your days be long
...long and beautiful....Amen!! you too!!!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by jeff1993: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
..... No!!!!!..... It is what do women really want
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Afobear: 11:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do women really want?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by cococandy(f): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2020
Blyzz:
you know, I love you. You got so much upstairs wink
thanks

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Faitido(m): 11:20am On Apr 29, 2020
samtinx:
grin i am patiently waiting for the day, somebody will come and cti a thread of how their husbands are just too handsome, and they seeking for advice on naiarland

Kill me grin

Check out how my Writing Gig can help you

https://www.fiverr.com/amberclooney?up_rollout=true
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 11:21am On Apr 29, 2020
EMMAUGOH:
get him book on people pleasing. i am done with one its free online in some website. THe disease to please, is a good book to startt with written by Harriet b braiker.

Your husband is hiding some emotional flaws in trying to please you. its good you are speaking out. Only a novice in clinical psychology would say you are trying to over complain about a nice man he is. Unfortunately trying to win your heart while doing all chores at home is not helping whom he think he is trying to help either. Thats why its a problem and it stems from people pleasing syndrome. In his mind his level of respect is increasing not knowing its decreasing acctually.

its Good you spoke out. You can read and help him or download for him to read. its not normal. Other bahaviour are hidden under such little intricacy.
I can decide to go to a road junction and start controlling traffic.. You may be the direct beneficiary of my good deeds.. But it does not mean i did it for/to please you.. I did it for goodness sake baby!.. You know that inner joy.. I'm sorry your 'clinical psychology' is for "eye service" people and holds no water.. :p
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NigeriaEngineer(m): 11:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

my sister, instead of complaining... Wake early before him and do the house chores before he wakes up and let him not see reason to engage himself so hardly. He is a good man indeed. Please tell him, he has a fan here�.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Odani: 11:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

No mind am
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ZooOga: 11:24am On Apr 29, 2020
thanks again for whoever dropped this pic on NL grin

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ChukwuemekaVal(m): 11:25am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!
You have just said my mind. Thanks for saying the obvious

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by chaloskyx: 11:27am On Apr 29, 2020
This whats brings up the question...........What do women really want you have seen a husband that shows he cares about you and emotionally connects with you by ensuring you dont stress yourself after child birth. yet you see this in a negative way what you want is cuddle.....if the man should only be cuddling and demanding sex and you attention you would still complain that he is not sensitive enough towards you after child birth.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Vikynas: 11:29am On Apr 29, 2020
Sharap as if u no like am?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by WHITELIGHTER: 11:32am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

WOMEN. They don't know what they want I swear
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kingyang: 11:33am On Apr 29, 2020
Humanoid01:
Na wa oo!

And here I am, promising myself that I'm going to be extremely supportive to my wife IF I eventually get married. Women, wetin exactly una want sef?

No one in this life can satisfy a woman, God gave them eye lash, they went ahead to fixed theirs , God gave them sweet nails, they went ahead to fixed another. She should be extremely happy with her husband support or let her get a maid if she's not okay with it
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Utycar: 11:38am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

If u dont want him to be ill is better u try as much as possible to take care of the baby and also try to do domestic jobs too, dont let him to be tired of doing those things on his own and stop but it will will be encouraging u too helping each other
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Starz825(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!
You are right....she already said it herself...her husband can't stand the mess but she can by walking past it...
If I have a wife who is lazy and dirty...that's exactly what I will become...I no go even tell her to do anything..na her conscience go dey judge her..cos me I can't stand dirty/smelling environment
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by BiggyBB(m): 11:39am On Apr 29, 2020
[s][/s][quote author=Beautykate post=88967350][s]I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, [/s]would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa. (Say no more. Message passed).
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by teeboy100(m): 11:40am On Apr 29, 2020
I swear your husband loves you

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.