Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91294 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by bigplayerz(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2020
You just said He no longer have fun with you,He no longer satisfies you sexually maybe because of the child delivery he is taking his time (because he is way exhausted after house chores), He is no the House boy and the husband at the same time..........Talk to him he would understand.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by GentleYoung(m): 10:38am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

My take exactly, someone that said she doesn't mind overlooking mess.

The truth is we all have our limit. She should continue lazing around oooo, someday the husband would turn back and she would have herself to blame.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by smiliyB(f): 10:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?
Hahahahhaha that's the exact question I asked myself... God is really trying ooo imagine today we pray for bread, he gives us one and next tomorrow, we pray for him to take it away.... What do we really want! This is so funny and serious at the same time cheesy cheesy
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by OriOko88(m): 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

We don't want you to turn completely to housemaid. Do some chores, yes, but leave the rest for us. cheesy

Lol. I understand your point. Some women have reserved cooking as their exclusive right. They don't want their husband to help atal in this department. Talkn from experience. grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Patosky4U: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
undecided
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NobleDeSage001: 10:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Perhaps, your husband didn't start this behavior recently.
Didn't you notice it during your first pregnancy and throughout the period you were bringing up your first child?
You are concerned that his fun side is hugely affected because he rarely gives you the attention you crave.
Why not match him with some of the chores? Whatever you figure out will make him work, ensure you tidy it up before he comes around. This way, he will have less to do and reserve some strength for you.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Twizzy30(m): 10:43am On Apr 29, 2020
sweetmelanin:

Hmmm

.. why do I have a strong feeling that this story is fake?
it's a story from quora. The op is not serious
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kemii6015: 10:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:44am On Apr 29, 2020
cococandy:
1) How do you have so much to do in your house? How many people live there?
2)if you can’t talk to your husband, why do you think we can? We don’t even know him.
3) text him your opinion if talking to him face to face won’t work
you know, I love you. You got so much upstairs wink
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by chuksp09(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2020
atheistandproud:

Bro. My mom is a teacher. Very strong woman. She didn't sell but she had a plethora of home lessons then.

I'll never forget the birth of our last born on an Environmental Saturday. She asked us to go out and play and told me to go call an elderly neighbor, a woman. Before we arrived, she already had a wrapper on and the child was screaming on the floor. They both shooed me away.

That evening my mom was back to doing chores with me and my dad helping. In two weeks, she was back at work. Although na me suffer with that pikin on my back. She turned 20 in January.

I wish I can marry a woman like my mother abeg.
20 wow, thats beautiful.
It's just so frustrating that some women don't know it's easy to be lazy. As if the husband can't carry the baby and snooze. Honestly I'll blame myself if my wife thinks this is an issue, cause this is just common sense.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by jrusky(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Woman be thankful you have such husband. Pls remove the word slave from the whole thing ok he is just a caring man and love you but mind you don't go to those Delilah and Jezebel to advise you to take advantage of his caring nature and pls when the baby sleep take over the cores yourself as a real good woman.

I repeat don't go and meet Tontoh Dikeh gang to advise you they are wizards no good advise can come from them pls beware.

Good day
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by blaze83(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2020
OP said everything already where she said she can walk away from mess while the husband can't.

The husband is the very neat man whereas OP isn't actually as craze about cleanliness as the husband.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by litaninja(m): 10:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Lmao. You do, problem. You no do, problem.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by goldensoul55: 10:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Most annoying post ever .
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Buffalo2(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?
"humans" abi woman?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 10:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Christmasdon:
Some women love their husbands to beat them ,for some its very good. and shows their men are a real mhen!
This is weirdly and madly true..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:48am On Apr 29, 2020
tidalstorm:
You are just insecured because you feel you should be doing the house chores while he goes out. It is a result of the conditioning of our culture where men where not suppose to go to the kitchen or do house chores.
Your husband sounds like a good person or you don get him mumu button. Enjoy it while it last.
that's not the point. She's almost useless in the house apart from breastfeeding the baby, which a nanny can easily do. Soon the husband will realise he wasted time and effort keeping her in the house. The man works and provides everything yet he does all the work at home of what use is the woman to that home exactly?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Buffalo2(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!
. Correct, she even said it in her write up that she can walk through mess

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by taibat61(m): 10:48am On Apr 29, 2020
This thread is not useful as far I m concern

Human being can never be satisfy

Why did I even open this topic
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by taibat61(m): 10:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Nuel4:
that's not the point. She's almost useless in the house apart from breastfeeding the baby, which a nanny can easily do. Soon the husband will realise he wasted time and effort keeping her in the house. The man works and provides everything yet he does all the work at home of what use is the woman to that home exactly?

Did u hear yourself? "A Namnny to breastfeed d baby"
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by danuzochukwu: 10:50am On Apr 29, 2020
There is popular saying that you can not satisfied human being, but that particular saying should be directed to women more, because there is nothing you will do to a woman that she will be satisfied. The same women will tell you my husband is not supportive, my husband is not assisting me in house and my husband has refused to bring in maid. But here you have everything and you are still complaining, thank God for the type of husband you have because so many women are looking for a person like him but can't see.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:50am On Apr 29, 2020
taibat61:

Did u hear yourself? "A Namnny to breastfeed d baby"
of course. How many modern women breastfeed their babies?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Yarimoooh: 10:51am On Apr 29, 2020
vickydankal:
I just hope that your female friends are not on Nairaland reading this else ......
The advice is coming too late. She don clear dem since

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by andrewbaba44: 10:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

How am i sure you are not the wife of wale my former neighbor?

Anyway you too complain abeg

You have a very loving and caring husband most women will pray to have

Please enjoy your marriage and stop complaining
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by MhizJoyce(f): 10:54am On Apr 29, 2020
sweetmelanin:

LOL ..but that shii is getting old and redundant now. Are people not tired? Smh.
I am not tired, silly. angry
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by pendragon35(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

Knock-out! Humans(women are insatiable)
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by youngestgrad(m): 10:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Social experiment thread
OP is probably a single feminist (man-hater type) who created this thread as a twist on the usual complaint of women doing so many domestic chores while their husband sits on the couch and watches TV, she created this thread to see the reaction of nairalanders (men) when the tables are turned.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by OgaHector: 10:57am On Apr 29, 2020
lazy woman
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by greypencils: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2020
Skmoda360:
Ki leleyi tun fe bayi.....you get problem woman....this is the reason why it's not good to be good all the time...."your being good can be used against you"...continue saying trash, he will soon discover and stop then your eyes will open... shocked
you dey answer the girl. Women just get wahala on their own. Wahala wey no dey, Dem go dey find am. If you don't do, they accuse you of not doing. When you do, they accuse you of doing too much.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Babatee9696: 10:59am On Apr 29, 2020
What your husband is doing is expected of a responsible man, don't be disturbed at all but do not take advantage of these his good acts by trying not to be active where necessary when you are fit and when he needs you to. Always polish ego by saying good words to him, sometimes say some prophetic words of prayers over his life, show him so much affections and try to compensate him with regular sex if you can.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Sisijetue(f): 11:02am On Apr 29, 2020
Maybe it interest you to know that some women will love to have a domestic husband
princeogbeide1:

Your adage doesn't make a sense with the womans case.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by GalaticHorde: 11:02am On Apr 29, 2020
darknez:

You sound like someone I know. If you are the person I have in mind then the work will not kill your husband. He is like that. Right from when I first knew him. I told him then that he will have a problem when he gets married. His "too clean" ways will put unnecessary pressure on his future wife.

I would advise that you take it easy. You are breastfeeding and that in itself is a full time job. You don't need to bother much right now. When your child is old enough and you are strong enough then do only the chores you can. Do not try to go beyond your capabilities in a bid to get him to do less chores. You will lose! He has been like that for years before you came into the picture.

Look for alternative ways to get him to forget about work. You can start with ensuring you reduce the way you litter the place. I assure you that the way he does his chores will not kill him. He may die faster if he stops. Now this is me being a little extreme but I think he has a condition which may not let him stop doing that much chores even if he wanted to.
There's a syndrome whose name I have forgotten but compulsive is one of the words in the syndrome

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.