Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91301 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Stomoney(m): 11:42am On Apr 29, 2020
shaiii juju at work
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Archie30: 11:43am On Apr 29, 2020
CaptainStephen:
I tire honestly

Attention. Desire to be recognised. Trying to make us believe it's what it looks. Nope we re all mortally bereft.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by clevybrown(m): 11:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted
wat stops u from helping him out with some chores wen the baby is asleep instead of coming here complaining on how he works too much... He is a supportive husband which many women crave for...one woman's meat they say, is another woman's problem... Infact, wat do I even know lipsrsealed
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by nyzeo(m): 11:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Example of a lazy fat woman
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Collins4u1(m): 11:49am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

Lai Lai she will migrate to pressing phone until the baby wakes up again...
And she will start complaining again.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by felix281(m): 11:51am On Apr 29, 2020
samwash:

That's a lovely husband you have.
If I may ask you, you kwn ur man better, has he been doing this before you guys got married or his behavior just suddenly change ?
Pple like him don't like seeing dirty & can't stay in dis-organize environment. Just try to always cushion him.
I have seen few men like him, when you look deep down family history you will be amazed that it boils down to good parental up bring. From expirence.

Exactly.. Parental up bring.
That's me,even if I stressed out I will keep doing it...I see dirtiness and disorganized place offensive..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by yormieK(m): 11:57am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?

This should be 'What do women really WANT?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 11:58am On Apr 29, 2020
humblemikel:

Wow
Had to read this like 3 times to be sure she is referring to a Nigerian Man
May God in his infinite mercy Bless your husband my Sister.
Yah, it's true there are people who can't stand things not being in their places.
We love to keep things in their places at all time
I think you should sometimes learn to help him in the chores so it can make it fun and relieving to him.
May God bless me with a man like him soon, Amen
Be careful of the kind of advice you get online before you go dent your already perfect family with someone else perceptions of life.
Cheers
You will.. Men have really evolved over the years just make it fun and don't abuse it so you won't feel guilty (for those that are sensitive) .. I'd rather do my house chores when i get married cos a maid is a no no for my home..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by YorubaPrince: 11:59am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

Exactly my thoughts. Now imagine if the hubby ignores the mess like she claim she does. The whole house would look like a pig's pen while both would blame busy schedule and baby nurturing.

She's just a naturally dirty, lazy, lackadaisical lady, Simple! angry

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by proffgg: 12:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
Indeed, human want is insatiable
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 12:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
A reasonable woman like you should feel concerned... I suggest you keep reassuring him that you are not taking his help for granted and that you will take charge of chores as soon as you are done with exclusive BF.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by jahbiz: 12:03pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave
Women sha, wetin una want self?

Me ajus return from somewhere in Abeokuta cox my partner go report m to the family elder say ano dey help am do house works. Una see life ba
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Solatium(m): 12:04pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

The period you spent in composing this is half of what it will take you to prepare a lunch,the other half is what it takes to read the comments.
Get up and do your bit if you want him to do less.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by crusufixo(m): 12:06pm On Apr 29, 2020
What do women want ? undecided
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by digitite: 12:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
That is not Good cool
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
ashybabs:
OCD
obsessive compulsive disorder

it's mental shumtin
I know... There must be a term for it.. To even confuse everyone further.. He also needs to see a therapist right??
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Eaglesence: 12:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Sisijetue:
Person way get cap no get head and person way get head no get cap....that’s your case ma’am..Appreciate every bit of him remember you can’t have it all. Why do you want to create problems anyway if you don’t want him domestic get a maid

Lobatan.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by gentlegenius(m): 12:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

That's the problem, he will not allow me to do anything, and it really pains me seeing him stressed out.
You are lucky to have a supportive husband who is always willing to lend a helping hand to ensure his wife doesn't suffer. Men don't develop such attitude overnight. They grew up with it. so, obviously, you've already known him for this.
Why then, are you worried now?
As a psychologist, I think you are not actually worried because he work too much, rather, you are worried about the reason he worked too much... You are worried because you know you are the reason... You are worried because you don't know how he feels anytime he return to see lots of mess in the house. Most of those jobs he returns back to do is either created by you or your children. If you eliminate these chores, he won't see any work to do. Obviously, he can't be comfortable in a messed up house, but you can.
You don't need to talk to him to stop overworking himself, you need to ACT! If you are not lazy as some people are suspecting, you can work while your baby is sleeping on bed. Even when the baby is not sleeping, you can tie him/her on your back to do house chores. Everything you know he will like to do, do it yourself before he return back. By so doing, he will always have little or nothing to do. If you refuse to act, then get prepared because anytime his relatives visit and see how he overwork himself, they'll let the whole world know that you are the laziest person on earth.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by yomisley: 12:19pm On Apr 29, 2020
What do women want gan gan not human, cos i’m Man and don’t always ask for too much. Op “ you women always ask for everything in a man and you have it, yet you are still complaining chai O ma shey oooo
CaptainStephen:
I tire honestly
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by PharmSam(m): 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

I really wonder!!!?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 12:26pm On Apr 29, 2020
Fish4wealth:
Its fun coming on NL to read some quite, hillarious unbelievable posts.

Honestly, i can't understand your point madam. You breast feed for 24hours

Your man is like some of us who do not believe only the woman shld be responsible for domestic/house chores.

I love doing a lot and thank God i did cos my wife has been out of the country for more than 8months, you need to see the house.

I wondered what my life/house would have been if I'd left her doing it especially in this lockdown.

Please, do what you're suppose to do at the right time and leave him to do what he loves doing.

I really love to start a thread on loving husband....click like if you would love me to open such.....

God bless loving men out there.
Forget the comments you read here ..many nigerian women will abuse and take advantage of it.. You know there is always a "nigerian version" of everything from politics to romance cheesy especially for those of us that grew up in the country full time... Some will just paint their nails and start thinking about her ex ... So its always good to do it the 'nigerian way' to keep her in check..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Gentlesoul96(m): 12:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
U can hardly satisfy a women.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Curdlebug(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
Tales of a very lazy fat wife.... na them!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 12:29pm On Apr 29, 2020
chuksp09:
Your intentions are not even right. You want him to do less not because you want him to recover, but because you want him to cuddle you and give you fun times. You want him to reduce his workload for your own selfish ends not for his wellbeing actually.
No wahala... When his brain resets, y'll wish you had made yourself useful.
My mum had me on her back while doing house chores, teaching and selling on the side.
Ma'am you're not ready.

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 12:32pm On Apr 29, 2020
Tillatalk:
mr English teacher i hope nairaland is paying your salary
Stale and incoherent..
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by onadana: 12:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
Is your husband complaining?Why are you drinking panadol for his headache?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Vickyace(f): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:

I wonder
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by PapaAdanna: 12:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

You must be very lazy

This may sound a bit harsh, but it's the truth.
If he doesn't do now, you will say he is not caring enough.

Aunty standup and do house chores... Your mother put birth to you and other of your siblings without turning your father to houseboy.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kalufelix(m): 12:52pm On Apr 29, 2020
OriOko88:

Lol. I understand your point. Some women have reserved cooking as their exclusive right. They don't want their husband to help atal in this department. Talkn from experience. grin
cheesy The cooking part really makes them feel insecure and uneasy.. You need to see how their eyes dey chooke when i enter market to buy stuffs to cook especially when its obvious i am going to prepare a soupcheesy.. My neighbours wife once said she pities the woman i will eventually marry because she will not only loose the "cook" bargaining chip she will also have to be on top of her game to compete..cheesy
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by friendl: 12:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
Women don't know what they want,the day he no do ,you start complaining again
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Then work with him. Make your toddler participate too. Make it fun between all of you.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by SURElee(f): 12:59pm On Apr 29, 2020
See talk from a wife. Mscheew! If the baby won't sleep anywhere except your arms, then use a baby carrier for her while she sleeps and you do your chore. From your long epistle you didn't proffer solution to your husband how to relieve his work at home.

You have a husband who wakes up to tidy up and baths your toddler for school and you are online speaking grammar. The time you used in typing this, could have been used in tidying the house, doing dishes. While you were typing this, was the baby not sleeping on ur arms?

Abeg get up and be up and doing and stop calling your husband a slave. He is only doing it seeing you are not up and doing. Get a rocking chair/ bed for the baby to sleep in while you work as a wife.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.