Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,658 members, 7,813,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91304 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by DavidEsq(m): 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
samwash:

That's a lovely husband you have.
If I may ask you, you kwn ur man better, has he been doing this before you guys got married or his behavior just suddenly change ?
Pple like him don't like seeing dirty & can't stay in dis-organize environment. Just try to always cushion him.
I have seen few men like him, when you look deep down family history you will be amazed that it boils down to good parental up bring. From expirence.
It doesn't require "deep looking" to discover good parental upbringing.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by omolight3: 10:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

[color=#000099][/color]you know your husband is doing more than what he supposed to do, if the baby is sleeping what are you doing, you do the needful
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by AleagueEdu: 10:19am On Apr 29, 2020
darknez:

You sound like someone I know. If you are the person I have in mind then the work will not kill your husband. He is like that. Right from when I first knew him. I told him then that he will have a problem when he gets married. His "too clean" ways will put unnecessary pressure on his future wife.

I would advise that you take it easy. You are breastfeeding and that in itself is a full time job. You don't need to bother much right now. When your child is old enough and you are strong enough then do only the chores you can. Do not try to go beyond your capabilities in a bid to get him to do less chores. You will lose! He has been like that for years before you came into the picture.

Look for alternative ways to get him to forget about work. You can start with ensuring you reduce the way you litter the place. I assure you that the way he does his chores will not kill him. He may die faster if he stops. Now this is me being a little extreme but I think he has a condition which may not let him stop doing that much chores even if he wanted to.

The above points hit the nail in the head.

Try and read within the line
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Rondigee: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Please will you thank God for such husband because its very rare
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Married life is really a challenging life. Something must challenge you in your spouse irrespective of how tough or intelligent you might be.
You saw your husband doing chores, you need to adjust your life so that you correct the mistakes

I even appreciate you because this shows that you have a conscience. And I believe you will adjust because when the chips are down, it will be disastrous....probably he is the breadwinner of the family
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ashybabs(m): 10:23am On Apr 29, 2020
OCD obsessive compulsive disorder
it's mental shumtin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Fish4wealth: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Its fun coming on NL to read some quite, hillarious unbelievable posts.

Honestly, i can't understand your point madam. You breast feed for 24hours

Your man is like some of us who do not believe only the woman shld be responsible for domestic/house chores.

I love doing a lot and thank God i did cos my wife has been out of the country for more than 8months, you need to see the house.

I wondered what my life/house would have been if I'd left her doing it especially in this lockdown.

Please, do what you're suppose to do at the right time and leave him to do what he loves doing.

I really love to start a thread on loving husband....click like if you would love me to open such.....

God bless loving men out there.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by dquantom: 10:23am On Apr 29, 2020
You do na trouble. You no do na trouble. That reminds me of Ebenezer Obey's song "Ketekete". Humans are just insatiable!!!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by chuksp09(m): 10:24am On Apr 29, 2020
Your intentions are not even right. You want him to do less not because you want him to recover, but because you want him to cuddle you and give you fun times. You want him to reduce his workload for your own selfish ends not for his wellbeing actually.
No wahala... When his brain resets, y'll wish you had made yourself useful.
My mum had me on her back while doing house chores, teaching and selling on the side.
Ma'am you're not ready.

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by gulfer: 10:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted
Get a help for the chores to relieve hIm until the baby stops breastfeeding angry angry
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by akevic: 10:26am On Apr 29, 2020
Why won't he be loving and sweet when he is doing the chores. So the baby does not sleep too. My dear, ur eyes will be clear soon.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by adanny01(m): 10:26am On Apr 29, 2020
funshint:
The husband simply can't tolerate living like a pig. He has sensed you're lazy and dirty that's why he's taking it upon himself to do all the chores. Correct husband!

Must you guys always turn everything to an insult? Jeeez Nairalanders!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2020
vickydankal:
I just hope that your female friends are not on Nairaland reading this else ......
else, please complete the statement grin

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Tillatalk: 10:27am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.
mr English teacher i hope nairaland is paying your salary
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by hibroDon1(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?

Point of correction, "what do women really want?"
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kristana(f): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?

Indeed human wants is insatiable
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ibkayee(f): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
cococandy:
cheesy
The name is the obvious giveaway. Same thing I thought
Lol so obvious cheesy

"Beauty kate" ko lmao

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Ezonman(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
You are simply dirty and lazy.
Take the responsibility from him.
How many times he wants to do those things and you stop him, by saying Honey don't worry l will cook, l will watch, l will sweep.
You already turned him to what you want so enjoy.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by irunoko(m): 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

you are a very ungrateful and foolish wife.if you don't like his being supportive give me his phone number I want to check something 1st undecided

Oniranu.alayinironu undecided

Foolishkate smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Franking: 10:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Thank ur star o.

Me that can't even get out of bed nko?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Openbusiness: 10:30am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Please gimme your husband's number. My neighbor sister wants to help you give him advice and counselling. She is a doctor too, all that ill ill you talking about go clear for him body sharp sharp
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Sambaby7640: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

That's the problem, he will not allow me to do anything, and it really pains me seeing him stressed out.
why not give him a thorough massage each time you feel he is stressed out?

Don't take this advice for granted!!!
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kemii1587: 10:31am On Apr 29, 2020
[color=#] 1791482[/color]
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by atheistandproud(m): 10:32am On Apr 29, 2020
chuksp09:
Your intentions are not even right. You want him to do less not because you want him to recover, but because you want him to cuddle you and give you fun times. You want him to reduce his workload for your own selfish ends not for his wellbeing actually.
No wahala... When his brain resets, y'll wish you had made yourself useful.
My mum had me on her back while doing house chores, teaching and selling on the side.
Ma'am you're not ready.

Bro. My mom is a teacher. Very strong woman. She didn't sell but she had a plethora of home lessons then.

I'll never forget the birth of our last born on an Environmental Saturday. She asked us to go out and play and told me to go call an elderly neighbor, a woman. Before we arrived, she already had a wrapper on and the child was screaming on the floor. They both shooed me away.

That evening my mom was back to doing chores with me and my dad helping. In two weeks, she was back at work. Although na me suffer with that pikin on my back. She turned 20 in January.

I wish I can marry a woman like my mother abeg.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:33am On Apr 29, 2020
darknez:

You sound like someone I know. If you are the person I have in mind then the work will not kill your husband. He is like that. Right from when I first knew him. I told him then that he will have a problem when he gets married. His "too clean" ways will put unnecessary pressure on his future wife.

I would advise that you take it easy. You are breastfeeding and that in itself is a full time job. You don't need to bother much right now. When your child is old enough and you are strong enough then do only the chores you can. Do not try to go beyond your capabilities in a bid to get him to do less chores. You will lose! He has been like that for years before you came into the picture.

Look for alternative ways to get him to forget about work. You can start with ensuring you reduce the way you litter the place. I assure you that the way he does his chores will not kill him. He may die faster if he stops. Now this is me being a little extreme but I think he has a condition which may not let him stop doing that much chores even if he wanted to.

Funny enough I know a guy like you just described. Just dat the reason he's taken it up is because the wife is darn lazy and dirty so instead of having a fight over that, he simply decides to do it himself.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by spinna: 10:33am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans women really want?

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by fynex(m): 10:34am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

Why don't you start doing these things with him...it could be fun....shopping, cooking,washing or tidying up the house together...
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by willsonzzy: 10:34am On Apr 29, 2020
And you don't expect him to see his home unclean,do you? Your husband is a man like me I do house chores alot especially when it's my house.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by GentleYoung(m): 10:36am On Apr 29, 2020
tidalstorm:
You are just insecured because you feel you should be doing the house chores while he goes out. It is a result of the conditioning of our culture where men where not suppose to go to the kitchen or do house chores.
Your husband sounds like a good person or you don get him mumu button. Enjoy it while it last.

From her narration, she really needs to check herself, stand up and get things done in the house.

She stated her husband can't work pass mess which she doesn't mind. I'm this kind of person, I can't just sit around and see things untidy and not well kept.

Husband has seen her lazy ass and maybe overlook just to avoid unnecessary drama from unfolding.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by OriOko88(m): 10:37am On Apr 29, 2020
>:quote author=Biglittlelois post=88969788]Some nitwits will soon come and call your husband a SIMP.[/quote]

Shut up. You dont sit at d corner of your home, hiding behind your keypad and start calling people derogatory names on social media. Wise up. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / What’s The Weirdest Thing A Visitor Has Done In Your House/home? / Man Sleeps With His Neighbor's Wife, Beats Her Husband After He Caught Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.