Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,391 members, 7,812,153 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (128871 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by ReeLoaDead(m): 10:19pm On May 11, 2020
OP. Sorry for your predicament. Based on your account, I side with you, you are being unfairly treated in this marriage/relationship. I don’t have a solution except just advice that you should not be a pushover but still strive to maintain peace for the sake of your marriage/kids - find that balance.
Now for some preaching from my end, what I will say will be bitter. Why did you have six kids when you obviously cannot afford that many? This is a general problem in Nigeria/Africa - having more kids than the couple can afford to care for both financially and with their time. Future parents, please take note. Biology and Finance have to be planned well and in sync! cheesy
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Zyzxx10: 10:19pm On May 11, 2020
Wow.So sorry
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:20pm On May 11, 2020
There's 3 versions to this matter.
1. Your version
2. His version and
3. The truth

Hope you sort out your differences though.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by JerryQ: 10:21pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all

Help him find his lost spiritual path and pursue his dream to be a pastor. I think he isn't happy outside this hence showing some frustration on you.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by symbianDON(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2020
Mstick:
Hmmmmmmm this one is tough, a broke man with ego is more dangerous than a rattle snake.

grin grin grin I don laff fall from dining chair

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by martineverest(m): 10:21pm On May 11, 2020
Jullima:
My dear you have described most Nigerian marriages. We see it here a lot on NL. Keeping malice and Nigerian husbands are 5&6. You are not allowed to express your feelings, it’s called talking back. You’re also supposed to apologise for something you were a victim of. If the husband is not 100% the breadwinner, even worse, any body language or words are interpreted as “you don’t respect me because you are contributing”

P.S our NL favourite matron will come in and blame you for not choosing right, even though he presented himself as a godly man or you must have done something to change a godly man.

Sis, it is well.
Nigerian women are really suffering in marriages
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by odinga1of: 10:22pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all

I stopped reading at "Family of 6"

U see Una life? Una too like phuck abeg

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Hndrrxxx(m): 10:23pm On May 11, 2020
damnn@$# so all this long epistle is just a hoax shocked fear women
CAPSLOCKED:

I AM THE HUSBAND IN QUESTION AND I'VE COME TO DEBUNK ALL OF THIS WOMAN'S CLAIMS AS FALSE.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by angelfallz(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:

Your nature is helping you a lot. I mean you not being the Quarrelsome type.
I don't know your husband's own side, however, I'll put myself in your shoes and ask myself what I would do if I were you based on all you have said. (I'm a guy)
First, wait for the time he is calm and in a good mood. Then pour out your heart to him, remind him of how you both started.
While pouring out your heart to him please, please, please don't blame him or blame yourself for anything.
That's what I'd do if I were in your shoes.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by bonnyhope: 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
Mstick:
Hmmmmmmm this one is tough, a broke man with ego is more dangerous than a rattle snake.

Read very well

The man is not broke atleast he still pays some bills
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by chocolatelady(f): 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
I must tell u that for u to spend all ur salary footing house bills is a NO NO. U just have to dedicate some percentage of ur salary for savings Incase of unforeseen circumstances. My dear, try and be saving money. Even if heaven want to fall, never u touch that money. This will make ur husband to look for other things to do to generate more income , otherwise u are making him to be lazy.
Some men can be irritating at times. Always expecting u to apologize at the slightest thing even when there is overwhelming evidence that he was at fault. Na wa ooh. Men should detest from doing this .Apoligizing to ur wife when u are wrong does not make u less a man.
My dear, u started this apology thing right from the onset for peace to rain. Now , u are getting it hot.
That’s why I always advice people never start what u cannot finish becos it will always comeback to hunt u.
Kpele, u can as well apologize for peace to rain again in ur house.
All the best!
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by deebrain(m): 10:24pm On May 11, 2020
Madam, whenever I am right and my wife is wrong and she carry her face, I SAY SORRY.

I cannot overemphasize how this has helped me and my home to go through very tough times and equally gain respect from my wife.

Stop trying to win arguments against your spouse at the expense of good vibes between you two.

Be very good with the gesture and the word "I'm sorry".

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by divineappo(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2020
Nwodosis:
It is obvious you are not the talking type but the writing type, we have read your version, how do we get your husband's version? There is no smoke without fire!
this is a very sweet and intelligent response

We really need the second version
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by otipoju(m): 10:25pm On May 11, 2020
veave:
Hian.

Wetin I go talk go pain you o. But na the truth I go tell you. Madam, right now I can't tell you to start with 50% so I will say 20%.

Thank God there is covid and I pray your job doesn't get affected. As soon as you resume, the second day you get to work tell him there has been a 40% reduction from your salary due to low inflow of cash. You need to save at least 20% of your salary. This money no Matter if the roof is falling down you're not to touch it. Na your back up money be that. The other 20% is for your upkeep. You and your kids should survive on the remaining 50% because you'd definitely pay tithe. It's because he knows you always have a back up plan that is why he is relaxed and allowing you foot all the bills.
No this kain thing make me say I no go marry "brother" when I dey small. Most of them are lazy and are dreamers. They expect manner to fall from heaven after their praying and fasting forgetting Paul had a handiwork that sustained him all through his life hence he didn't have to beg and depend on anyone. I no dey like this kind jist. He's not even appreciative of his supportive wife. I know women who use all their money to buy shoes, clothes and the latest asoebi, their husbands dare not say pim because they'd even take his own and join.

The man in question spends all he earns on rent and children school fees. The mistake this couple made was to have more kids than they could cater for.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
paul1995:
This one strong lol .. make una no give the singles ones IBP grin
ibp is better than cocona barbus.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by dejolly(m): 10:26pm On May 11, 2020
Honestly, from your narratives you are a good wife. Frustration set in when a man do doesn't have money most time. I really feel your plight. You guys should cut down most of your experiences so that you both can have savings. Money is what is missing in your marriage speaking from experience.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by bonnyhope: 10:27pm On May 11, 2020
veave:
Hian.

Wetin I go talk go pain you o. But na the truth I go tell you. Madam, right now I can't tell you to start with 50% so I will say 20%.

Thank God there is covid and I pray your job doesn't get affected. As soon as you resume, the second day you get to work tell him there has been a 40% reduction from your salary due to low inflow of cash. You need to save at least 20% of your salary. This money no Matter if the roof is falling down you're not to touch it. Na your back up money be that. The other 20% is for your upkeep. You and your kids should survive on the remaining 50% because you'd definitely pay tithe. It's because he knows you always have a back up plan that is why he is relaxed and allowing you foot all the bills.
No this kain thing make me say I no go marry "brother" when I dey small. Most of them are lazy and are dreamers. They expect manner to fall from heaven after their praying and fasting forgetting Paul had a handiwork that sustained him all through his life hence he didn't have to beg and depend on anyone. I no dey like this kind jist. He's not even appreciative of his supportive wife. I know women who use all their money to buy shoes, clothes and the latest asoebi, their husbands dare not say pim because they'd even take his own and join.

Unmarried advising married
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Kelechijerry701: 10:27pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:

madam d truth is that u have to endure and pray for him ,in as much as its not yet it had not gotten full domestic violent ,you both are married with kids,no body will be like a father and mother to ur kids and it is against d will of God ,that is exactly d kind of wife i married even this evening uptill now that i am typing ,i dont know what i did to her ,i have asked her severally but she has said nothing but d looks on her face shows a different thing.This is d same person i ve been happy with all day,even with that i still passed worm water to bathroom for her now,because i can also see she is tired i dont look ar her face,so please madam just be patient i know with patients and prayer God will make more avenue for both of u financially,he appreciates u or not dont allow him to ruin ur personal happinness life is more than that ,remember your kids ,remember your career and more remember you are alife ,these reasons shoukd make u happy many wishes to see today who have money but there are no more .Please dont mind my typing and d use of english language im in a hurry but cant afford not to make a comment on this issue because im also in this shiit .if u have any issue u want to resolve or need advice feel free to ask i will respond to u tomorrow.Remember not every knows how to manage stress ,anxiety and annoyance ur husband,s case might just be one ,it might not necessarily be hatred or wickedness.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by otipoju(m): 10:27pm On May 11, 2020
deebrain:
Madam, whenever I am right and my wife is wrong and she carry her face, I SAY SORRY.

I cannot overemphasize how this has helped me and my home to go through very tough times and equally gain respect from my wife.

Stop trying to win arguments against your spouse at the expense of good vibes between you two.

Be very good with the gesture and the word "I'm sorry".

You never jam mad person.

Where saying I'm sorry is regarded as weakness and will only invite worse behavior.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 11, 2020
Check out my signature and send me a DM. I'm using the money to help my local community little by little. Thank you
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Ifetemi4sure(f): 10:28pm On May 11, 2020
Hmm, dear you have describe them well. only God can help us. God will interfere for you and as many that are going through the same battle.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by sylve11: 10:28pm On May 11, 2020
Nwodosis:
It is obvious you are not the talking type but the writing type, we have read your version, how do we get your husband's version? There is no smoke without fire!

LMAO grin cool
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Vicyace: 10:28pm On May 11, 2020
bukatyne:

I see two issues:

1. You both are earning below the standard of living you have set for yourselves. In what ways is your husband trying to increase his earnings?

2. Do you have a written budget where you can track income with expenditure so you see where you can cut expenses (I know what you have is not enough however, that will reduce the mental stress on you).

3. You have the classic egoistic Nigerian husband. How do you navigate them? By apologizing when issues crop up whether you are wrong or not. Yorubas call that apology 'gba je n simi' or 'sorry, let me rest.'
So issues come up, it is quickly 'sweetheart, sorry, I did not mean it like that.', 'sorry, no vex' etc.

4. His spiritual life: what happened to the man that wanted to be a pastor? Just how you leaned on him for spiritual growth, you might need to return the favour now.

And good that you have to wisdom to avoid his blows since you are still willing to stay.

Good points. But I honestly think they need serious counselling. They need someone they both trust and respect to help them navigate this stormy weather.
They need to put everything on the table and sort them out.
The husband needs to be humble to make the house a home for his family. This can be achieved via prayers and correct talk wey dey reset brain.
This man seems to be a dangerous man with a growing dislike for his wife. A man that sees fault in his wife everytime has a lot of underground emotional issues that need to be addressed.
His actions will eventually turn his wife's life upside down while he glows.
He will then seek happiness outside his marriage whilst blaming his wife for looking below standard.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by betexplorer901: 10:29pm On May 11, 2020
i can't read it all.learn to summarize and be concise.why would u be having 4 children while still POOR.4 children +u+husband,6 mouth to feed.DIVORCE UR HUSBAND AND LOOK FOR RICH GUY.NO OFFENSE, U BROUGHT UR HUSBAND On a public forum.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by bonnyhope: 10:29pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:

U hit d nail on d head. A BROKE MAN WITH EGO. That's my husband.

Now your husband has become a public discussion

A good wife will always want to protect her husband but you chose otherwise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by angelfallz(m): 10:29pm On May 11, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
OP. Sorry for your predicament. Based on your account, I side with you, you are being unfairly treated in this marriage/relationship. I don’t have a solution except just advice that you should not be a pushover but still strive to maintain peace for the sake of your marriage/kids - find that balance.
Now for some preaching from my end, what I will say will be bitter. Why did you have six kids when you obviously cannot afford that many? This is a general problem in Nigeria/Africa - having more kids than the couple can afford to care for both financially and with their time. Future parents, please take note. Biology and Finance have to be planned well and in sync! cheesy

Guy you funny, so if the husband now comes on nairaland and gives a version that makes the OP out to be a bad wife you would switch sides to the man Abi?
Why not give your advice and avoid siding with anyone?
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Jaqenhghar: 10:30pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:

This sounds like what most couples go through when financial times hit the home. Empathy and understanding is key during this period. Make plans together, try and be supportive. The hard times will go. I pray by that time you havent reached a point of no return
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by apexc5260: 10:30pm On May 11, 2020
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by sammychimex(m): 10:31pm On May 11, 2020
bukatyne:

I see two issues:

1. You both are earning below the standard of living you have set for yourselves. In what ways is your husband trying to increase his earnings?

2. Do you have a written budget where you can track income with expenditure so you see where you can cut expenses (I know what you have is not enough however, that will reduce the mental stress on you).

3. You have the classic egoistic Nigerian husband. How do you navigate them? By apologizing when issues crop up whether you are wrong or not. Yorubas call that apology 'gba je n simi' or 'sorry, let me rest.'
So issues come up, it is quickly 'sweetheart, sorry, I did not mean it like that.', 'sorry, no vex' etc.

4. His spiritual life: what happened to the man that wanted to be a pastor? Just how you leaned on him for spiritual growth, you might need to return the favour now.

And good that you have to wisdom to avoid his blows since you are still willing to stay.

You are wise. Very wise
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by stagger: 10:31pm On May 11, 2020
Too many amateurish and immature posts here.

My parents shared everything. Nothing like his money, her money.

I made sure I introduced this into my own marriage and today we have a lot of peace. My wife and I do compulsory contribution into our joint savings and every year, we decide on how the family's expenses will be handled for that year from January to December, with periodic review. We know ahead of the year which expenses will be done jointly, which one I will handle and which one she will handle.

We have a policy of open declaration. Whenever I get money, I declare it to my wife. When she gets money, she declares same to me. This we have done over the years and there is total openness and transparency. If we are having shortfall in finances, we discuss it and come up with ideas to boost our finances or discuss what we should cut off. I will not deceive you: some of the discussions end up in arguments, but we always come to an agreement. ALWAYS!

When the bible talks of naked and not ashamed, both parties should be open and transparent.

What I can deduce from the OP's long essay is that the money matters were not discussed and there is no ongoing discussion as to how the family's finances can be improved by both parties. Was there even a plan in place to know how to train 4 children until they are of age and leave home? Many couples today do not even have such discussions.

As a man, if you are not in discussions with the One who made you as to how to captain the ship of your house, and handle all matters therein including finances, you are a disaster waiting to happen.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Joemetry(m): 10:32pm On May 11, 2020
MizJaY:

Listen to me my friend, if all you typed is void of slander, do the following;

Invite any family members or friends he is in good terms with (should be at least 2-3)

Invite your parents and a friend of yours.

Invite your husband.

Gather all together and tell them all you've said here don't omit any detail, tell them that you're not enjoying marriage and don't stutter, say it very raw.

If he doesn't change, get a loan with your job, start a business and leave him.
Be prudent and smart with the business after 12-18 months he'll come begging then give him conditions.

If you die or develop terminal illness in a patch patch marriage your children will suffer in his hands and the hands of another woman.

Hold on to God most importantly!

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by extol1(m): 10:33pm On May 11, 2020
Hathor5:

grin

You wrote that you avoid arguments at all cost but what you have to understand is that conflict is unavoidable and necessary. You must learn to speak your mind. Do it in a civil way, calm and composed, but do it. It is important to be open and honest, to negotiate and to reach compromise. If you feel that he will interrupt and insult you when you speak up, maybe you should write down what bothers you and have him read it. Make sure you don't attack him in this letter but explain how you feel about certain issues and what kind of change you wish for.

with your kind of response to the op's question and maturity, if not that you are married, I won't think twice before wooing you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.