Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,523 members, 7,819,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:51 AM

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? - Family (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? (129012 Views)

Every Woman Needs A Husband Like This (photo) / Mothers, How Do You Stop A Baby From Breastfeeding? / Mothers, How Did Your Husband React When You Were In Labour? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by vickydevoka(m): 9:49am On May 12, 2020
emmaodet:

To stay single.
It is either a rich man or they stay single.
Mtcheeeeww
As if the rich men too are ready to marry liabilities or ladies from poor homes.
I don't know why ladies from poor homes don't feel comfortable in their level, after all, they grew up in that level.
And i don't like the way ladies talk as if they are doing a poor man a favour by marrying him, they are not and will never do
God bless you for dat ur word. De don't feel comfortable at their level
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Tozic: 9:51am On May 12, 2020
sexylassie2:
Marrying Nigerian men nowadays is not worth it especially the broke ones that act like they have a future.

your type is the one that call goal_oriented guys 'boring'. Later you spend your time with an un_ambitious guy that cracks jokes. Tomorrow you'll come blame your miserable life on every guy.

3 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:52am On May 12, 2020
bujebudanu1:
How ladies end up marrying clowns is baffling me...

People don't just like a quiet and peaceful life , na money issue sha
You think men don't marry "clowns"?
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 12, 2020
Tozilly:
No marriage is devoid of fracas. Majority of couple r just managing themselves. Ur situation is not yet out of control. Ur hubby is suffering from financial insecurity, entitlement mentality n bloated ego. He feels less of a man as he can't provide adequately 4 his family. U NID to save a fixed amount of money every month for Ur personal upkeep no matter wot. Try n find happiness outside him, may b with ur kids. U hv a right to enjoy d fruit of ur labour. Just press ignore button wen he starts acting up. He will either grows over it with time or b humbled by life. D situation will change for better with time. Don't come n kill urself for anybody.
MizJay this right here is your solution... Just ignore when he starts acting up. Draw your children close to you. Something tells you married a Narcissistic fellow. Mehn they are tough

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by lonelygem(m): 9:54am On May 12, 2020
Permit me to air my little contribution if you don't mind..

Note: it's a common mistakes that members of the wife's family innocently support the husband at a tough time by rendering a direct job influence or financial support and the wife ends up playing a victim of such kind gesture.

Every man has some ego irrespective of financial status. The rich are able to contains theirs simply because anyone would pay attention to their financial status than character.

One thing is clear, which is your anxiety for a religious man above other measure and no one would have been able to convince you not to go into the marriage and have you listened.

It's a common speculation that religious brothers tends to turn out being lazy in the long run probably because they believe spiritual strength dominate and has tendency to command evry other factor that constitutes a successful life.

But if this man had bee jobless till date, but still perfectly coordinate his 'receive it by fire' life style, would there had been a reason for this post? Please be sincere as many women are in this very situation but not all have the courage to flair their worries..

Same way you set "spiritual life support" as a factor for choosing him of all other men seeking your attention then, he too might had set "financial support and loyalty" as a criteria to settle with you, both ways.. It is one of the rules of aspiration to adjourn to create room for a review when something new is brought to the table.

To be candid with you, I don't see you as frustrated as some other person might think because of a point you made, "if to say he appreciate I for no complain.." the moment you start seeing yourself as a different entity from your husband, there will always be a recurring misunderstanding. Do you thank yourself whenever you sacrifice so much taking care of yourself? Learn to see your husband like one of your little kids, kids are expected to always fuckup, but if a child fuckup a thousand time, the mother is always ready to forgive and let go twice as much..

You both should drop your egos, you need him now that the whole thing is telling on your health, don't make him feel like he's the cause of your health challenges.. once in a while, call him by his name at his lighter mood, look into his eyes and alter those words sincerely from your heart "I'm sorry" he might want to ask you for what, tell him for everything I might have done wrong, and pains I might have caused us..

Women often say they don't talk and they are quiet, the truth is that even rays of light has its peculiar sound when the time is right. SILENCE is a reaction, it might only be a violent or a subtle type depending on the circumstance at that moment..

Think of all the beauty and amendment the word 'sorry' will bring back to your marriage..
Avoid family interference and demonstrate sincerely that this is your home and all you have to live for, take your kids with you on a vacation off your environment.. discuss issues, nice moment of those cool days the flame of your affections was very active, the good time will come back and gradually, you will have so much joy to heal your medical challenges..

Do not allow those fake people misadvice you, you have a better home than most of them here, they practically worship their husbands and will come and tell you something else here..

It's not just thinking or stress that causes high BP, you may need to check sugar level and all that, that statement amounts to a blackmail on the man's part.

Please be guided as I wish u a better recovery

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by TheKingIsHere: 9:59am On May 12, 2020
southniyikaye:
Na wa o, maybe everybody should just carry his or her cross and continue praying to God for divine solution cos the opposite is my own case.
She doesn't even work and now that she works and am jobless, the matter come tie wrapper.
I do the begging everytime cos of the kids cos they will always bear the brunt.
This life Sha.

Your own is the opposite side of the OP own.

Na wa o
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Roozzaay(m): 10:01am On May 12, 2020
Nwodosis:
It is obvious you are not the talking type but the writing type, we have read your version, how do we get your husband's version? There is no smoke without fire!
You some sort of counselor?
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Chicent(m): 10:02am On May 12, 2020
Miz_JaY: My first r/l was a flirt, he disappointed me so bad, I didn't date for almost 3 yrs and wen I realised I was not getting any younger, I decided to enter anoda r/l, which lasted for almost 5 yrs. During this period, I was paying d bills even when I had no job. I am too calm & cool so he took advantage of that. I decided to go my way though it was a tough decision because of all the sacrifices I've made for almost 5yrs and I'm 28, couldn't imagine I wasted almost 5yrs on a r/l dat ended up no where, I snobbed enough guys that period because I chose to stay faithful, I don't double date & also he promised me marriage. I am supposed to be a very pretty gal but I don't always look good cos I'm always worried about what he will eat or wear etc so instead of using d money to take care of my looks, I channel it to him. Was I being stupid for 5 yrs? ? Its not just about love though it was compassion because I couldn't stop helping him as I couldn't watch him suffer. I didn't think I was getting a fair treatment as he scolds me at any slight mistake I make making me feel like a mumu when I'm a smartass. Sometimes I wished I Can just have babies & take care of them myself without marrying? I can't seem to meet any really good guy, my dream guy. I've suffered in d hands of my 2 relationships and I'm tired of men, even if I decide to date, I can never date a broke arsse anymore, I used to hate d talk dat a guy has to really have cash b4 u date him but omo I second that now as I have seen Oba.. I am wrecked cos I took care of a guy for 5yrs and I'm suffering for it. By now I should have a land and at least a small ride & some cash saved up in my account if I had invested all dat money I spent for 5yrs on dis guy. I am so devastated....what guys do to gals...Mtscheww...Smh...now I'm wondering where I would start from. Sometimes Why do some really good girls go through baad relationships? I just feel like d world should end already

@MizJaY this was you in 2013.... and here we are in 2020 with same mistakes.... what happened you didn't learn from your mistakes

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by kcbaba007: 10:06am On May 12, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all

..... I'm looking for your type of person as a wife, and I will appreciate her with everything that I have, ladies with such understanding as yours are hard to find.....

My sister, you don enter already, I pray that God will help you, comfort you, and make your husband see reasons to change..... Pls, don't let any of this get to you, having bp is by choice o!
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by nafada2: 10:07am On May 12, 2020
Money palaver! and yet when you advice that if one is not financially capable, do not marry, some will come after you. The solution now is that both husband and wife should sheath their sword, return to God in repentance and humility. Pray to God for financial breakthrough, because therein lies the problem.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:07am On May 12, 2020
veave:
Hian.

Wetin I go talk go pain you o. But na the truth I go tell you. Madam, right now I can't tell you to start with 50% so I will say 20%.

Thank God there is covid and I pray your job doesn't get affected. As soon as you resume, the second day you get to work tell him there has been a 40% reduction from your salary due to low inflow of cash. You need to save at least 20% of your salary. This money no Matter if the roof is falling down you're not to touch it. Na your back up money be that. The other 20% is for your upkeep. You and your kids should survive on the remaining 50% because you'd definitely pay tithe. It's because he knows you always have a back up plan that is why he is relaxed and allowing you foot all the bills.
No this kain thing make me say I no go marry "brother" when I dey small. Most of them are lazy and are dreamers. They expect manner to fall from heaven after their praying and fasting forgetting Paul had a handiwork that sustained him all through his life hence he didn't have to beg and depend on anyone. I no dey like this kind jist. He's not even appreciative of his supportive wife. I know women who use all their money to buy shoes, clothes and the latest asoebi, their husbands dare not say pim because they'd even take his own and join.
the mindset most men I've heard talk have is " my money is our money, her money is her money. If I have 100 naira and my wife has 1000 naira, total money in the house is 100 naira" I wish every man can embrace this ideology... Though it may be hard but men should be able to push harder.. Having a wife that supports is only a plus and not an entitlement..... However I'll disagree with you on the tithe sha.... It is not a "MUST" she pay tithe... It is personal choice.

You're right on the sayings though... Even if it is by deceit, it is for her own good. I remember before when I get paid, I used to give my girlfriend a certain percentage but the demand kept increasing. Lool.... I just told her my salary was slashed and I can't give her anything again. That money began to go into savings and it helped a lot.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:07am On May 12, 2020
Ladycewhy:
men of today had no other option than to adapt ,it's not as if they are any better ,infact today's men are worse than our fathers of old, from Abuja fine boys lazying about looking for working class women to prey on,to men like the op's husband.

In other words ,you said;

Men are born entitled and egocentric.A man without an ego is not a real man.

Women are a higher maids cos they have more benefits than maids.

Women are to train their daughters and also train their sons while their fathers are mere figure heads.

Men of old hardly educated their daughters so women of this generation should be happy to even have an education because their fathers allowed it.

I think that sums it up .

i burst out LOL ! reading ur 1st line ... @least men adapt into something gud what can we say of today women, are they in any way than better than ours mothers.
If men of today are worst than our forefathers ,are women of today better than our mothers let not even talk grandmothers.
take up an hypothesis, you will realize the size of men doing gigolo is so minimal compare to gurls doing runs. if extortion is a capital crime 98% of naija babes will be in maximum prison.
thanks for summarizing my submission, that is just the bitter truth. a mother as huge influence on her kids than the father will ever get ... so let mothers starting teaching boys what will suite future daughter inlaw. women shuld help themselves grin abi
Mother days is like 10times in a calender year ... n you think fathers are not mere figure head, i will cry o !
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Coursetrouble: 10:10am On May 12, 2020
olabrinks:
Don’t marry for love marry for money. We have been saying this for centuries. Let them call you a goldigger, let them shame you, you will have the last laugh. What is a man, when he doesn’t have money? What can he do for you? What kind of husband will he be, and how can he provide for his future children? What is potiential, everybody in this world has potiential. You need to see monetary proof that he can lead a home. Think with your brain and not your heart, you will avoid many problems. You will grow to love a man who is a stable provider, you will grow out of love with a man who is a stable broke ass. This is not the generation of building with a man, if a man ain’t got money today, he will 90% not have tomorrow. At least when the man gives you problems (which is 100% certain), you will have stability in regards to finances which is One less problem to deal with. A word is enough for the wise.
wow,all these shady manner of words in a post.you hit me hard and I respect that.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by KillamanJoe: 10:15am On May 12, 2020
I'm using my own standards to judge the case as there is not amount stated by the poster. For example, my wife and I pay 1.2m as rent and 100k for 3 months for crech. How much I wan use take chop food in a year.
soonest:

Did you say the least he can expect from her is food, cloth, gas and light?
See eh, i wish i want the one paying school fees. You can plan for food, it keeps piecing your money. I swear if you calculate the amount spent on food and running the house monthly, you will be surprised that school fees comes nowhere close. Meanwhile fathers will only pay school fees, all the other things attached to school, uniform o, projects, cultural day/career day costume, change of shoes, food flask etc doesn't concern them.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by KillamanJoe: 10:17am On May 12, 2020
Also, it just seems that they are living above their income hence the stress. You can't have 4 children in this economy, its terrible family planning
soonest:

Did you say the least he can expect from her is food, cloth, gas and light?
See eh, i wish i want the one paying school fees. You can plan for food, it keeps piecing your money. I swear if you calculate the amount spent on food and running the house monthly, you will be surprised that school fees comes nowhere close. Meanwhile fathers will only pay school fees, all the other things attached to school, uniform o, projects, cultural day/career day costume, change of shoes, food flask etc doesn't concern them.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Ladycewhy(f): 10:20am On May 12, 2020
anslem04:

i burst out LOL ! reading ur 1st line ... @least men adapt into something gud what can we say of today women, are they in any way than better than ours mothers.
If men of today are worst than our forefathers ,are women of today better than our mothers let not even talk grandmothers.
take up an hypothesis, you will realize the size of men doing gigolo is so minimal compare to gurls doing runs. if extortion is a capital crime 98% of naija babes will be in maximum prison.
thanks for summarizing my submission, that is just the bitter truth. a mother as huge influence on her kids than the father will ever get ... so let mothers starting teaching boys what will suite future daughter inlaw. women shuld help themselves grin abi
Mother days is like 10times in a calender year ... n you think fathers are not mere figure head, i will cry o !
our mothers of old were only good at one thing ------ putting up with bullshits

Thats the difference between women of old and this present day women. In the past women were trapped in marriages by tradition . Infact in my tribe leaving your husband's house for whatever reason was a shame on your family,so women learnt to die in silence and stay put. Coupled with lack of education and resources ,these women had no where to go to fend for their kids and even family members were not ready to render help as divourcees were seen as a reproach that should not be associated with.

Now ,I think if we add men wh0re in the LGBT community to gigolos littered every corner of the country, I think they are giving runs girls a run for their money grin.

And also,if you want to talk of extortion and fraud we know the Yahoo boys dorminate that field both home and abroad come on now,let's not forget Sars has 99% men grin .

Anyway. I hope the op finds her peace cos if she dies the children she doesn't want to suffer will be left at the mercy of her irresponsible husband and probably a step mother to add to the torture of the children. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:21am On May 12, 2020
KingKayxCee11:
Half of your write up is a rantgrin

God help the married.
see one of them.... Better man up.. I hope this isn't how you intend to be if you ain't married... If you are married, then, I pity your wife...

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:21am On May 12, 2020
MizJaY:
Sorry for the long message but this lockdown period might favour reading long msgs.

I'm the quiet type so I have never opened mouth to insult my husband during any misunderstanding. Just arguments and my voice may go up a bit trying to explain or clear myself but he will start saying im raising my voice and talking back at him and start saying all sorts of things.

Honestly sometimes I wished I could unleash the anger deep down and screammm but I always have self control. If u sit with him, he will give u a million reasons why I'm not a good wife and if u don't know me well, u will fall for it because he tells it so well. I will not say everything he says is false, but 80% is. Only those that really know me, will know he is d one that has problem. He's too difficult at times.

In an office, there's usually that one person that quarrels with everyone am I right? But I end up being d only person that dat person doesn't quarrel with cos I try as much as possible to avoid quarrels that's just d kind of person I am. Calm and quiet.

When I met my husband NYSC days, he was very close to God, organizing programs in church and handling them. That was the main reason I got close to him cos I wasnt so spiritual and needed someone to help me grow spiritually through life. He told me he was called to be a pastor and that excited me but I'm not seeing that now lol. He's spiritual life is almost zero. And back then, he had nothing, we would spend all my money even to reach his sick mother in the village I would buy all the foodstuff to send to her.

The way he talked he sounded promising that things will get better with him, but today, I still suffer, I have no savings, all my salary is on the house. He works too and earns but he's salary covers rent and the children's school fees finished. I do the rest but he doesn't appreciate the fact that I sacrifice everything I earn to feeding the house. We are family of 6. Everything provision, food, children school snack, fuel for car and gen, gas filing etc etc it's me. And that's how my whole salary will just go fiam.

if I ws getting a little appreciation I for no mind but rather I get insults o. It's my fault that
Money is finished, it's my fault that we have no savings, I don't know how to manage money, I'm hoarding my money etc etc those are d words that come out of his mouth o.

I used to be a beautiful woman but no more, I wear one shoe everyday to work, can't buy myself clothes shoes nothing I had to cut my hair to relieve myself from hair money lol. I'm stressed out thinking of where money will come for feeding when my salary gets finished before month end at times I have to beg my sister or my dad a pensioner or hussle one way or d other. I now developed high bp and today I'm living with hypertension taking drugs everyday. It was my parents that gave my husband d job he's doing today. He is not in talking terms with he's dad n siblings. Before he's mother died, things were not too good between them. My husband likes to always form man of d house and want me to apologise whenever there's a misunderstanding saying that I am d one wrong, I'm always wondering how am always the one wrong and he's not � every time.

Sometimes self I don't know what I did that mks him angry he will just start carrying face. Today makes it a week we are not talking cos he has been carrying face since 7days now, and went to post something on wassap yesterday that a woman that cannot apologise to her husband cannot stay in marriage.

My brothers and sisters if I know of anything I did that I have to apologise for yet I refused to apologise that is making him carry face, may God strike me. If u know I did anything wrong why not come to me and tell me u don't like what I did and tell me what i did rather than carry face up n down. He always does that. At times I do ask him and as usual am always d one at fault. Maybe it's cos I'm a quiet person he's taking me for mumu.

The national anthem now is that because he does not have money that's why I don't respect him the way I'm supposed to. I'm always careful with my word when gisting with him cos make I make mistake say Donald duke is d current governor of rivers state haaa problem don enter and it may spoil d sweet gisting we were having. He go almost insult me and become uninterested in gisting with me again cos i don talk mumu talk.

So how can I handle such man cos if no be say I be quiet person, I for don receive serious beating black and blue from this man cos he has done it earlier on in our marriage not serious beating sha but I had some bruises. If not that my parents are still alive and warned him. Tho he still attempts once in a blue moon I go jus arrange myself. But I'm kind of tired. I have no money cos trust me, if I had, Maybe i for don dey plan my move sef I no dey enjoy marriage life at all
Sorry for the unpalatable treats. What got me was the HBP you have developed. If you do not mind going the herbal way, I could recommend one, which you would only take for one month and HBP would be a thing of the past. I'd just refer you to the company. I earn no commissions and I am not interested in one..I am contented with how God has made me rather, I buy and give to people for free. As you dey work so, you go fit afford am.

By the way, marriage is an institution which many hardly get out of, with impressive results. Marriage has made and marred many who have come before us, those in our generation and the trend would continue till the end of the world. At times, physical appearance, character, background, height, stature among others are not enough. You need to pray your heart out until you get a clear picture of the journey you are about to embark on...it's a lifetime journey. Things could change midway. A poor boy of today could end up becoming the president of the country tomorrow. A religious boy or girl of today may turn wild tomorrow when he or she becomes comfortable and vice versa. To those who are still single, pray hard and engage a true man of God or an undiluted imam to pray on your relationship. This is very important. Dear OP, things can still get better. Keep praying for him and also advise him to do same. His finances can still improve...all the best
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:22am On May 12, 2020
Mutaultope:
Ladies, wivies and mothers of nowadays

They all want a settled home

They all want to celebrate 50years marriage anniversary

They all want to see their children grow to become prosperous in life

BUT .....

THEY DON'T WANT TO SUBMIT TO THEIR HUSBANDS

THEY DON'T WHAT TO SHARE THEIR SALARIES WITH THEIR HUSBAND TO SUPPLEMENT THE MAN'S EFFORTS ( even if it is to spend all they have on the family)

ThEY DONT WANT TO SACRIFICE AT ALL ..... ( all should be the man's duty .... any thing they do at all they will always want to take it back )

ASK YOUR MOTHERS HOW THEY DID IT

HOW THEY WERE ABLE TO CELEBRATE 30, 40, 50 years anniversary of their marriages

HOW THEY WERE ABLE TO TOLERATE THEIR HUSBANDS TO THE POINT THEY BOTH SAW YOU GROW OLD AND SEE YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL

HOW THEY SACRIFICE ALL THEY HAD (financially , emotionally , psychologically) TO MAKE THEIR MARRIAGES WORK

HOW THEY ALL FOLLOWED WHAT THE BIBLE AND QURAN SAY ABOUT HOW TO LIVE WITH YOUR HUSBANDS

A wise woman builds her home !

The Quran and bible teaches both the husband and wife how to live not only the husband.It takes two to tango.

“Ask your mothers how they did it”is one of the problems of marriage today.Most mothers pre 1960,had little or no choice, were not educated or financially independent so endured beatings,all forms of abuse and even starvation.

Bringing your mother into the marriage is part of the problem.Get your own marriage right and forget how your mothers did it.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by FX(m): 10:22am On May 12, 2020
veave:

I did. My annoyance is more with the lack of appreciation and bullying from the man.
Ok. Marriage is as complex as the human nervous system. There are too many imponderables.

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by TheKingIsHere: 10:23am On May 12, 2020
princessConfy:
seeing this post frightens me more. my relationship of 5 months is giving me headache. he said he can't give me money except I ask. I've tried to explain to him that I'm not good in asking and I don't ask because he said his ex gf used to be too demanding. now I don't know if I ask small he may think I'm pretending if I ask big he may think I'm too demanding. He will ask me to visit and when I want to leave he'll wait till we are almost at the junction before he will ask if I have T.p. anytime we have an argument he will threatened our relationship...
I don tire... cos I don't know if I should continue or quit.. relationship wahala

Better quit for your health
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by gbeseun(m): 10:23am On May 12, 2020
Nwodosis:
It is obvious you are not the talking type but the writing type, we have read your version, how do we get your husband's version? There is no smoke without fire!
Epic reply.
Women can do report well.
Can we teuly get ur hubby side of the story?

1 Like

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 10:25am On May 12, 2020
merahki:

What an unkind post!
very unkind...
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Brightgem(f): 10:28am On May 12, 2020
nautybride:

Ever heard of let peace reign "sorry". It's for her own inner peace. Hmmmm! Marriage is a favour to weak women and even strong women need children of their own and a companion of the opposite sex. A woman expressing her opinion in marriage was done by our mothers in cunning ways. This generation is quite different
To make a marriage work takes hardwork and lots of shifting on both sides.
OKAY
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Nobody: 10:30am On May 12, 2020
Alawaxbimbex:
With the kind of stories I read daily on nairaland about marriage...I'm so scared of marriage ooo...God pls bless me with a good husband when it's time for me to marry

Do not be scared.
Besides God’s Blessing you,also put in the hard work too and don’t rush into it for the wrong reasons.
I got married 10years ago,went in very young and don’t regret it at all.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Johnchyz(m): 10:32am On May 12, 2020
Tozilly:
No marriage is devoid of fracas. Majority of couple r just managing themselves. Ur situation is not yet out of control. Ur hubby is suffering from financial insecurity, entitlement mentality n bloated ego. He feels less of a man as he can't provide adequately 4 his family. U NID to save a fixed amount of money every month for Ur personal upkeep no matter wot. Try n find happiness outside him, may b with ur kids. U hv a right to enjoy d fruit of ur labour. Just press ignore button wen he starts acting up. He will either grows over it with time or b humbled by life. D situation will change for better with time. Don't come n kill urself for anybody.
.HOW DO U IGNORE YOUR SPOUSE. IT IS BETTER TO SAY A WORD OR TWO. THAN TO REMAIN SILENCE TO YOUR PARTNER. IT CAN PROVOKE A MAN.
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by Surveillants(m): 10:37am On May 12, 2020
thanks for all your efforts but I can’t marry uneducated man like you who works in dirt village. I am sorry it use to happen, please go back to your village and your business and find a wife for yourself there as for me am flying to UK”. With this word I read I was hospitalized instantly’.

When she said "YES" at first and you have spent lots of money on her, take her to school and provide her needs because her parents are poor. Man share his heart broken experience after her was finally dumpt. Read this interesting story and learn lesson.
https:///pbUsoj-Dg
Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by olabrinks(f): 10:37am On May 12, 2020
mandate12:

To think that 32 fools liked this shit is a threat to marriages in Nigeria
the truth is painful. A man without money causes too many problems in marriage. We are in a new generation where a woman should have her own money however for peace and stability to reign, the man must lead financially. End of story.

2 Likes

Re: My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? by lilmerhnuel(m): 10:42am On May 12, 2020
Hello, did you forget your username, name, surname associated with your GOtv and you no longer have access to your phone number to login for the recovery of your GOtv username or surname, here is a full tutorial on how you can easily get your username to login to your GOtv dashboard.

How to get your GOtv Username/Surname without login or phone number

GOtv is owned and managed by MultiChoice Group, is one of the most popular and most affordable Pay TV services in Africa. Like DStv (also operated by MultiChoice), GOtv makes use of a set-top decoder to broadcast digital channels to customers. All GOtv Decoders have a unique identifier number known as IUC number.

Without your GOtv surname which is your username and the phone number assigned to the GOtv you will lost access to Log In and you can't update your GOtv personal information, activate or reset your GOtv account, check your GOtv balance online, change your GOtv package and check your GOtv due date and also clear errors.

The only method provided by GOtv to retrieve your username or surname or login name is through online process of which you must login with your IUC number and phone number assigned to the GOtv. So how can you do that when you don't or have forgot the phone number associated with your GOtv?

Getting Started
Let's get into the method I will be discussing shortly. Get your IUC number, IUC Number is that 10-digit identifier number which is unique to a particular GOtv account and GOtv decoder. Same way you can’t own the same phone number or bank account number with someone else, evey decoders on the GOtv network have its own IUC numbers.

Click here to read more on how to use the IUC number only to get your GOtv Username or surname

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (35) (Reply)

Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth? / Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.