Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,800 members, 7,855,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:38 PM

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? (15488 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

You and your d/umb and ignorant utterances sha. People swore oaths to defend and fight for their country and they did, they did not fight for Hausa people, they fought for their country and it doesn't matter how many times you repeat that irrelevant garbage, your leaders from ZIK to Ekwueme, Ojukwu and now Soludo are all Hausa boy boy.

This is reality and your faith, boy boy is part of your DNA and your own boy boy days are coming,

And please get off that cry baby war nonsense, you mumu were foolishly sent to war to fight a foolish man's war and got dumped on the battle field by the same foolish man who is now doing boy boy for the same people he sacrificed you and your people's lives for.

Shameless people, Abeg clear road jare.

Whoever let you out of the psychiatric cage should be severely flogged. Even the nitwits who beard arms for the so-called One-Nigeria have publicly denounced their participation in the war. I met handful of them while they were exiled all over the place. There is no doubt a douche bag such as you have never belonged to any regimental group. The swearing of the oath you imbecilely cited in your previous post is to "defend Nigeria". The oath was not to fight fellow Nigerians who had decided to end the union peacefully. olodo
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by T9ksy(m): 8:15pm On Jan 14, 2011
Posted by: Dede1 Today at 08:04:32 PM
Whoever let you out of the psychiatric cage should be severely flogged. Even the nitwits who beard arms for the so-called One-Nigeria have publicly denounced their participation in the war. I met handful of them while they were exiled all over the place. There is no doubt a douche bag such as you have never belonged to any regimental group. The swearing of the oath you imbecilely cited in your previous post is to "defend Nigeria". The oath was not to fight fellow Nigerians who had decided to end the union peacefully. olodo

when these so-called "fellow nigerians" decided to truncate the union "peacefully" by invading their region then they were left with no choice but to return the favour. They "peacefully" sent them packing!!!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Dede1:

One should be able to make sense of your posts, but relentless malapropisms and irrelevant rubbish makes it difficult to do just that.

You might want to re compose your thoughts and get back at me.

And your ending the the union absurdity didn't change the fact that you and your people foolishly got suckered to fight a silly man's war and got  dumped by the same man who is now doing boy boy for the same Hausa people within the same union you're are cluelessly talking about.

Now, you d/umbo, war is a 2 way street and I'm glad your a/ss got kicked cos if not, you hateful and mean spirited people go don slaughter the rest of the country,  Things happen for a reason.

Abeg hush you ignorant mouth and buy yourself some clue. Boy Boy people,

Now what union are you talking about
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 9:11pm On Jan 14, 2011
T9ksy:

Posted by: Dede1 Today at 08:04:32 PM
when these so-called "fellow nigerians" decided to truncate the union "peacefully" by invading their region then they were left with no choice but to return the favour. They "peacefully" sent them packing!!!

Even you also indulge in this despicable act of intellectual dishonesty. I guess you need a sustainable perusal of the chronicle order of events which led to the Nigeria/Biafra war.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 9:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
Dede1:

Even you also indulge in this despicable act of intellectual dishonesty. I guess you need a sustainable perusal of the chronicle order of events which led to the Nigeria/Biafra war.

What's so dishonest about our history?

I forgot, ibo people have their own delusional brand of Nigerian history.

Abeg go sell your brand of delusions to mumu outside Nigeria,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by PROUDIGBO(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2011
Honestly,nothing best attracts tribalist scum to come crawling out from their maggot infested rat hole than a topic on the great resilient Igbos.

Only someone with a deep-seated,all consuming hatred for a people can invest time and energy trying to convince others that a people who were relegated to the back of the queue since the end of the civil war and have been marginalised ever since -yet are managing to survive against all odds- are not deserving of a round of applause.The merits or otherwise of engaging in the civil war notwithstanding.

Any unbiased observer will notice when positions are sought based on merit and sheer hardwork,without recourse to quota-system; federal character and unfair assistance/support from the federal government (whose composition and control is skewed in favour of certain sections of the country to the detriment of others),you will find the great Igbos either on top or there abouts.If in doubt,check where the Igbos were in the scheme of things nationally pre the civil war.What has let us down (and continues to) are the so called Igbo leaders that are supposed to put the interests of Alaigbo first,b/4 this contraption called Nigeria.Nigeria has held us back as a people.

I'm a proud Igbo son (from Ndoni in Rivers state),and all this Igbo bashing and hatred -from the usual suspects- only serves to deepen the love i have for my people.

Igbo haters,what exactly is your fear?

Igbo kwenu!!!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by AndreUweh(m): 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Honestly,nothing best attracts tribalist scum to come crawling out from their maggot infested rat hole than a topic on the great resilient Igbos.

Only someone with a deep-seated,all consuming hatred for a people can invest time and energy trying to convince others that a people who were relegated to the back of the queue since the end of the civil war and have been marginalised ever since -yet are managing to survive against all odds- are not deserving of a round of applause.The merits or otherwise of engaging in the civil war notwithstanding.

Any unbiased observer will notice when positions are sought based on merit and sheer hardwork,without recourse to quota-system; federal character and unfair assistance/support from the federal government (whose composition and control is skewed in favour of certain sections of the country to the detriment of others),you will find the great Igbos either on top or there abouts.If in doubt,check where the Igbos were in the scheme of things nationally pre the civil war.What has let us down (and continues to) are the so called Igbo leaders that are supposed to put the interests of Alaigbo first,b/4 this contraption called Nigeria.Nigeria has held us back as a people.

I'm a proud Igbo son (from Ndoni in Rivers state),and all this Igbo bashing and hatred -from the usual suspects- only serves to deepen the love i have for my people.

Igbo kwenu!!!
It shall be well with you.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 12:01am On Jan 15, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

Igbo kwenu!!!

You should see the old age as your forebears did.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 12:23am On Jan 15, 2011
@ PROUD-IGBO, i love your username! but excellent point. Do not pay the Igbo-bashers any mind, they are child like and deserve no attention!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 12:57am On Jan 15, 2011
@Akhenaten
Do not talk about things you know nothing about. The pictures of starving children is proof enough, that the Biafran populace suffered the most from the war. Planes that had aid were fired upon by Nigerian artillery, which was supplied by Great Britain by the way. Sorry, but when people fight for freedom, they will continue to fight to the last man. That is why Biafra will always be remembered fondly by many in the East. The nostalgia feeling of Biafra I must say, continues to linger.

Who else could've suffered the savagery of war if not the hapless civilians sad? That's perhaps one of the reasons 'war(s) can never be undertaken by 'simple' minds/people. It deserves serious thought, study and reflection.

It's remembered fondly by those who had the opportunity to move away from the war zones and perhaps those doing 'brisk' business, while the so called minorities who actually did much of the serious fighting and dying will never forget the vagaries of war in a hurry let alone wish to participate in any future enterprise of that nature again.
Have you ever wondered why so many of the so called minorities including some Igbo West of the Niger may never wish to associate/identify with their so called kith & kin East of the Niger. Perhaps that explains/ manifests itself in the alienation/'language' denial of many of your kinsmen.
Conquest/defeat, however couched in 'endearing' language 'no victor no vanquished', will always distort the Igbo worldview in relation to the rest of Nigeria. It's understandable wink I believe, war like I pointed out earlier is not an enterprise for 'simple minds'- the victor and the vanquished usually suffer hence the loss of our collective humanity. There cannot be applause for the Igbos. There are so much 'unfinished business' in Igboland sad  and more so in Nigeria as a whole. Are they not part of the 'collective Mess'/ Nigeria?
Applause for mediocrity or what?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by asha80(m): 1:04am On Jan 15, 2011
cheikh:

@Akhenaten
Who else could've suffered the savagery of war if not the hapless civilians sad? That's perhaps one of the reasons 'war(s) can never be undertaken by 'simple' minds/people. It deserves serious thought, study and reflectrion.

It's remembered fondly by those who had the opportunity to move away from the war zones and perhaps those doing 'brisk' business, while the so called minorities who actually did much of the serious fighting and dying will never forget the vagaries of war in a hurry let alone wish to participate in any future enterprise of that nature again.
Have you ever wondered why so many of the so called minorities including some Igbo West of the Niger may never wish to associate/identify with their so called kith & kin East of the Niger. Perhaps that explains/ manifests itself in the alienation/'language' denial of many of your kinsmen.

Conquest/defeat, however couched in 'endearing' language 'no victor no vanquished', will always distort the Igbo worldview in relation to the rest of Nigeria. It's understandable wink I believe, war like I pointed out earlier is not an enterprise for 'simple minds'- the victor and the vanquished usually suffer hence the loss of our collective humanity. There cannot be applause for the Igbos. There are so much 'unfinished business' in Igboland sad  and more so in Nigeria as a whole. Are they not part of the 'collective Mess'/ Nigeria?
Applause for mediocrity or what?

clarify what you mean by the bolded?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 2:03am On Jan 15, 2011
PhysicsMHD
I always find this bitter Yoruba/Igbo rivalry tragically amusing. For every great Igbo man or woman in some area I can almost always think of an equivalent Yoruba and vice versa, yet the arguments and denigration never seem to stop. . .

Do you think it's rivalry? I sincerely think it's a reflection of their collective neuroses and inherent laziness. Any wonder we were so easily conquered and colonised? The other 'problem with Nigeria' is with the so called disjointed tripod- Fulani, Hausa, Igbo and Yoruba sad. lacking imagination and creativity despite their size shocked etc.

Op is about 'applause', as usual ethnic jingoism and bigotry is enervating for some Nigerians especially the above mentioned group.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 2:39am On Jan 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

What's so dishonest about our history?

I forgot, ibo people have their own delusional brand of Nigerian history.

Abeg go sell your brand of delusions to mumu outside Nigeria,

APe ah you are still talking? Abeg lets do the JV biko biko, a talking monkey go sell wella for my village
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 2:47am On Jan 15, 2011
@PROUD IGBO

'Romantic Nostalgia' is not a good thing in a conversation about- 'Applause' or Not. Is it?
The so called Igbo leaders are products of your so called 'democratic-republican' society so why complainshocked undecided
I don't think that Nigeria is holding anybody/(Igbo) back as a people. I thought there are 36 states in Nigeria and some of the states 5 are Igbo majority controlled/led? What happened? Why are they not performing or seen to be 'doing the right thing', if they're so clever/smart?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by asha80(m): 3:04am On Jan 15, 2011
^^^ you have not answered my question
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 3:08am On Jan 15, 2011
@MzD@rkSkin
@ PROUD-IGBO, i love your username! but excellent point. Do not pay the Igbo-bashers any mind, they are child like [/b]and deserve no attention!

How do you draw the conclusion that the 'Igbo-bashers' are [b]child like
? Pls when did you become so knowledgeable of Nigerian/'Igbo' topics/issues? I am not assuming that a Jamrican grin cannot know much about the 'Nigerian' conditionwink cool
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 3:31am On Jan 15, 2011
@asha80

It means exactly what it is. It's clearly written in English language. The 'Actors' in the actual fighting war know and understand what I am alluding to and need no further explanation. I am not trying to hate nor condemn wink I've interviewed so many people from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity including the Igbos hence my own opinions are as valid as any 'historian' or 'story teller'. Think laterally wink
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by asha80(m): 3:35am On Jan 15, 2011
cheikh:

@asha80

It means exactly what it is. It's clearly written in English language. The 'Actors' in the actual fighting war know and understand what I am alluding to and need no further explanation. I am not trying to hate nor condemn wink I've interviewed so many people from diverse backgrounds and ethnicity including the Igbos hence my own opinions are as valid as any 'historian' or 'story teller'. Think laterally wink

well thinking deeply i understand what you mean especially the igbo west of the naija theory.it is just funny to me when you tell most of them that that is the reason they deny igbo they begin to argue otherwise.

by the way if the minorities you are talking about here are western igbos or efiks are the case may be then i wonder what you are talking about because a lot of guys from the mainland igbo also fought .
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 4:29am On Jan 15, 2011
@asha 80
well thinking deeply i understand what you mean especially the igbo west of the naija t[/b]heory.it is just [b]funny to me when you tell most of them that that is the reason they deny igbo they begin to argue otherwise.

by the way if the minorities you are talking about here are western igbos or efiks are the case may be then i wonder what you are talking about because a lot of guys from the mainland igbo also fought .

I don't think that it's peculiar to the so called Western Igbo. Such feelings/so called denial predate the civil war. It has nothing to do with the war as far as the information/interviews I was given. Perhaps the civil war/defeat and its attendant consequence, exacerbated the 'problem' or 'denial'.
No doubt that the mainland Igbo fought but that's not the point I am making - is it? According to my 'research' the so called minorities saw their contribution towards the war effort especially in commitment and human terms exceedingly enormous. I think, in the light of what I discovered, the Igbo should be more mindful/ a little more sensitive in their claims about their 'victimhood'/war time experience. I am aware that there was actual massacres of civilians by the Nigerian soldiers in places like Asaba(Delta)etc and other coastal places and none of such experience befell the core mainland Igbo. Pls I repeat, I am not trying to denigrate nor undermine the effect of the war on the Igbo 'Psyche'
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 4:37am On Jan 15, 2011

I don't think that it's peculiar to the so called Western Igbo. Such feelings/so called denial predate the civil war. It has nothing to do with the war as far as the information/interviews I was given. Perhaps the civil war/defeat and its attendant consequence, exacerbated the 'problem' or 'denial'.
No doubt that the mainland Igbo fought but that's not the point I am making - is it? According to my 'research' the so called minorities saw their contribution towards the war effort especially in commitment and human terms exceedingly enormous. I think, in the light of what I discovered, the Igbo should be more mindful/ a little more sensitive in their claims  about their 'victimhood'/war time experience. I am aware that there was actual massacres of civilians by the Nigerian soldiers in places like Asaba(Delta)etc and other coastal places  and none of such experience befell the core mainland Igbo. Pls I repeat, I am not trying to denigrate nor undermine the effect of the war on the Igbo 'Psyche'

Dude what are you even talking about?
Are you saying that minorities suffered more than Igbos in the war?
If that is your claim, then you need to have your head examined. So, you've never heard of the Onitsha massacre and Nsukka massacre, and many other mass murders in Igboland during the war?
You went to interview folks with dubious and sinister motives towards the Igbo leadership of the war and come here to spew rubbish.
State your claims boldly! Stop poosy-footing!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by asha80(m): 4:40am On Jan 15, 2011
cheikh:

@asha 80

No doubt that the mainland Igbo fought but that's not the point I am making - is it? According to my 'research' the so called minorities saw their contribution towards the war effort especially in commitment and human terms exceedingly enormous. I think, in the light of what I discovered, the Igbo should be more mindful/ a little more sensitive in their claims  about their 'victimhood'/war time experience. I am aware that there was actual massacres of civilians by the Nigerian soldiers in places like Asaba(Delta)etc and other coastal places  and none of such experience befell the core mainland Igbo. Pls I repeat, I am not trying to denigrate nor undermine the effect of the war on the Igbo 'Psyche'

i guess you have not done a thorough research otherwise you would not have made such a claim.pls go to onitsha and nsukka and ask the indegenes there serious questions.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 4:41am On Jan 15, 2011
@cheikh

And I even suspect that you are saying that minorities fought more than Igbos.
WTF are you talking about?

Why do you think the war lasted nearly three years, and why was Igbo areas the last to fall, and in fact the areas which forced the Gowon government to declare a no-victor no-vanquished end to the war?
Till the last minute, Igbo elements were still prepared to continue an indefinite guerilla war.

Don't come here to spew trash again. Nonsense.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 5:20am On Jan 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

@cheikh

And I even suspect that you are saying that minorities fought more than Igbos.
WTF are you talking about?

Why do you think the war lasted nearly three years, and why was Igbo areas the last to fall, and in fact the areas which forced the Gowon government to declare a no-victor no-vanquished end to the war?
Till the last minute, Igbo elements were still prepared to continue an indefinite guerilla war.

lol @ guerrilla warfare. After your coward warlord don abandon you to go sip wine for IC?

Abeg no make me laugh jare,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

lol @ guerrilla warfare. After your coward warlord don abandon you to go sip wine for IC?

Abeg no make me laugh jare,

laugh na, or dont you know how to laugh like your APE #1 A.K.A OBJ (always saying i dey laugh ooo) WTF

Ojukwu run go IC while awo commmited suicide (which one is worse)
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 6:04am On Jan 15, 2011
igbo boy:

awo commmited suicide (which one is worse)

No, he did no! Stop believing everything posted here or in an uncredible website.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 6:13am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

No, he did no! Stop believing everything posted here or in an uncredible website.

Guy jokes aside this is a known fact about him, Please lets stop deceving ourselves biko

New York[RR] Nigeria–Reports reaching our information desk says that late Chief Obafemi Awolowo committed Suicide just as he was about to celebrate his golden jubilee.

According to sources, then Action Group [AG] heavyweight, late Chief Obafemi Awolowo learned of a possibility of military court martial against an insurrection he was engineering alongside his political associates when he realized that Ibrahim Babangida wanted to become a life military president in Nigeria-state.

http://www.republicreport.com/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-written-by-abdulmunini-adeku/
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by cheikh: 6:19am On Jan 15, 2011
@Onlytruth

Pls relax cheesy
Do you seriously believe the highlighted? A little humility and open minded intellectual rigour/enquiry will do you some good and perhaps banish the delusion preventing you from appreciating the 'import' of the 'no victor no vanquished' slogan by the Gowan led regime/Nigeria. I repeat, I am not in any way trying to undermine nor denigrate your sense of valour. Pls may I ask if you actually experienced the war? I'll like to learn a thing or two from your insight wink. Peace cool
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2011
igbo boy:

laugh na,  or dont you know how to laugh like your APE #1 A.K.A OBJ (always saying i dey laugh ooo) WTF

Ojukwu run go IC while awo commmited suicide (which one is worse)

Of course, you people are known liars and fabricators.

Unfortunately for you,  Ojukwu being a coward and running to IC is public record and part of Nigerian history, but your absurd rubbish about Awolowo is ibo lie and fabrication that's no where near mainstream believe talk less Nigerian history.

Now, see how dumb you sound with that rubbish?

lol @ ibo people and their 419 gist. This du/mbo  posted a nonsensical and worthless biafra website to justify his stupidity and ignorance

, lmao.

Shameless people.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 6:31am On Jan 15, 2011
igbo boy:

Guy jokes aside this is a known fact about him, Please lets stop deceving ourselves biko

New York[RR] Nigeria–Reports reaching our information desk says that late Chief Obafemi Awolowo committed Suicide just as he was about to celebrate his golden jubilee.

According to sources, then Action Group [AG] heavyweight, late Chief Obafemi Awolowo learned of a possibility of military court martial against an insurrection he was engineering alongside his political associates when he realized that Ibrahim Babangida wanted to become a life military president in Nigeria-state.

http://www.republicreport.com/how-awolowo-committed-suicide-written-by-abdulmunini-adeku/

And you believe the website I have also seen the website before. How can you call that a credible site I do not really care about the tribal battles going on here and I am not picking sides but that is not a credible source, sorry.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:33am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

And you believe the website I have also seen the website before. How can you call that a credible site I do not really care about the tribal battles going on here and I am not picking sides but that is not a credible source, sorry.

It's one of those r/etarded biafra websites. Don't even waste your time reading their delusions and ignorant rubbish,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 6:35am On Jan 15, 2011
Eko Ile:

It's one of those r/etarded biafra websites. Don't even waste your time reading their delusions and ignorant rubbish,
You sef, leave Igbos alone. If anything, they deserve praises for coming up after the civil war. I personally admire them for this.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:43am On Jan 15, 2011
jason123:

You sef, leave Igbos alone. If anything, they deserve praises for coming up after the civil war. I personally admire them for this.

I'll leave them alone the minute they stop lying and putting other people down.

Now, who cares about you coming up? Are you not supposed to do better in life regardless of whatever adversity/s?

Do you really need a cookie for doing what you supposed to do?

And who's asking you not to admire them? do you abeg. I don't admire liars and dishonest people

Abeg stop with that nonsense jare,

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Restructuring Nigeria Is Not Buhari's Priority - FG / "Lauretta Onochie Causing Religious Tension" – Northern CAN / NLC And TUC REPLIES President Goodluck Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.