Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,077 members, 7,849,377 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:50 PM

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? (15483 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 7:52am On Jan 12, 2011
Jason 1234 you are an itshkeiri boy who claim yoruba, talk about inferority complex,

Come to warri and tell tuoyo or Tosan or Misan or oritseju, or the Okotie- eboh dynasty that they are yoruba and see beat dem go gather beat you, In all my life in warri i never see itsekiri man claiming what you are claiming. Please even though una no pass 157,333 people e no mean say u cant rep your people,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by smithll: 7:54am On Jan 12, 2011
The ibos are empty barrels that makes the loudest noise, bloody weirdos always trying to scavenge on the left-overs of others. Typical scavengers! No wonder everything about them is sub-standard. Industrious indeed.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:56am On Jan 12, 2011
DELETED
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:57am On Jan 12, 2011
DELETED
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Freewilly(f): 8:05am On Jan 12, 2011
smithll:

The ibos are empty barrels that makes the loudest noise, bloody weirdos always trying to scavenge on the left-overs of others, Typical scavengers, no wonder everything about them is sub-standards.Industrious my a$$

Na so e pain you reach ? grin grin grin grin grin

Now do yourself a favor and go jump of a cliff I'm sure it will make the pain go away.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by udezue(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2011
ALJ hAREM,
Carry ur aboki self and go to Kanuri land where u belong.

Even u were to be Igbo ur blood has been tainted severely so get lost.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2011
smithll:

The ibos are empty barrels that makes the loudest noise, bloody weirdos always trying to scavenge on the left-overs of others, Typical scavengers, no wonder everything about them is sub-standards.Industrious my a$$

hahaha e can pepper the flesh, nwanna o ne wute gi?

OSONDI OWENDI
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by dempeople(m): 9:30am On Jan 12, 2011
smithll:

Alleluia. Upon reading your post, some of our people might wish you to locate the nearest river and jump into. Guy, please don't do so. Just be alive and witness the rise and rise and rise . . . of my people. Let it consume you with hatred. Be alive but continue to tear yourself apart. I can't think of any other better torture than that!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by joeyfire(m): 10:31am On Jan 12, 2011
Igbos deserve a resounding standing applause from the world. In forty years our people by sheer force of will and God given ingenuity are making a way for themselves. Though the endeavours are never really uniform but always based on sheer individual shrewdness our people dey try.

@smithll - Are you like 5 years old or something because if you are not i'm very sorry for you.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by smithll: 11:10am On Jan 12, 2011
Y'all ibos can continue vilipending on me but the fact still remains that ibos are scavengers, that is the bitter truth for y'all ibos.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by 2fine2fast(m): 11:32am On Jan 12, 2011
its nt ur fault but Gowon's.u are jus a bunch of mannerless ingrates.u can now open ur stony mouth n say bad things about d yoruba race that made life easier for u,in the next civil war u wil really feel d wrath of sango,stupid yenmirissss
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by revolt(m): 12:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
09:28:35 AM

Give credits to whom deserves honour if I remember the benin empire was brought down by the British plus they didn't suffer a quarter of what igbos saw but till today after almost two centuries the effects still strong on em. Igbo NDA!!!!!

lol, what effects? Are Benin people roaming the countryside as almajiris and selling suya?

And the very fact that they bounced back from total destruction of their main city and many villages and went on to surpass folks in the ND, Middlebelt, west, and east who didn't experience such should show how out of,
Dude the ishans r the only Edos known for sucess and hard work the binis r
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by DeeJay20: 1:19pm On Jan 12, 2011
O.k let me weight in here, Ibos are a very talented bunch
of people but so also are Yorubas and Hausa's.

Nigerians are the Hope of Africa, what the Japanese/Koreans and now chinese are to Asia, that is what the Nigerians are to africa.

We need to get out GAME PLAN together and lift the continent up,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by joeyfire(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2011
@2fine2fast - dont talk too much before innoson buys up your village and turns it to a spare parts factory.jackass!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 2:01pm On Jan 12, 2011
Na wa for you guys ooo! Babapupa and dede1, what did you gain?

@igbo boy
Have I ever said I rep my people? All I said was I would prefer SN, ND REP, OR WITH YORUBAS not biafra! I repeat, I do not rep my people but myself. My people have their own mouths. We are individuals and its a free world!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by PhysicsMHD(m): 3:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
revolt:

Dude the ishans r the only Edos known for sucess and hard work the binis r

Who cares what rumormongers like you say the Binis are known for or not known for? The Binis are a small group and some people (as shown recently on another thread in this forum) don't know what religion they are,  what their population is, and a host of other basic facts.

Some people say the Igbos are known for this or that awful thing every other day on this forum and many have listed many of the negative things they claim the Igbos exemplify in this very thread (just see babapupa or Eko Ile's posts) and yet the only way anybody would know anything different from what they claim is when people come in here and correct them.

So take correction. This bizarre idea of Esan as the only hardworking group in Edo state is the work of your overactive imagination and/or your delusional insecurity.

What's really bizarre about this is your idea of using the Esan for your nonsense idea. The Esan are basically the closest thing to a Bini you can find on the planet. Culturally, linguistically, and in every other conceivable way. The Esan came about when people left Benin approximately 500 years ago. 

And with crooks in Esan like Tony Anenih who are just as bad as the worst Bini crooks like Lucky Igbinedion, it's silly to hear about them being the "only hardworking" Edos.

I suppose Stephen Oronsaye worked his way up to being the top civil servant in the country and worked to reform the civil service because he forgot he was a Bini. I guess Gabriel Igbinedion forgot he was a Bini when he was working to start up all those businesses. I guess having a Bini as chairman of the board of directors of UBA or having a Bini as First Bank's investment boss is just a consequence of people thinking those people were Esan.

I guess there are so many Bini people as faculty in departments of Nigerian universities outside of Edo state because people forgot those individuals were Binis and incapable of any hard work. I guess there are Binis as faculty in universities outside Nigeria or as researchers in research institutes outside of Nigeria because of their aversion to hard work and success.

Read the whole of this thread and acquaint yourself with reality:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-557357.0.html#msg7225572

Next, your rumor mongering self will tell me Esan are holding up the whole of Edo state.

It would be amusing to me that you went and did the very thing you accused of others of doing if the hypocrisy wasn't so glaring and blatant. I don't know about the other people in this thread, but in your case it's a VERY clear sign of insecurity when you feel the need to put down another group (a group you probably know next to nothing about) to feel good about your own group's success. There is no bounce back/resilience gene. The Binis don't have it. The Igbo don't have it. The Germans, the Jews, the Chinese, etc. Nobody. There is nothing about the Binis doing better than many other groups in Nigeria now after being invaded and reduced to peasantry and later being selectively and deliberately discriminated against by the Western region government that is particularly amazing. The rise of the Igbos back to where they were is only as things are supposed to be, like a spring returning to its full extent after being compressed, and I don't see how things could be otherwise, yet some people are babbling about DNA.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Katsumoto: 4:08pm On Jan 12, 2011
Dede1:

In what instances were your people ahead of Igbo before the war? The Nigerian demographic sectors such as military officer’s cadre, civil service and academia showed significant Igbo presence which led to the mythical dominancy of this ethnic before the war.

Igbo was first speaker of Nigerian house of reps, the first senate pro tempore, first Governor-General, first president, the first two VCs of the four universities in Nigeria and it would have been three out of four until Akinjide introduced tribalism into Nigerian academia.  As of 1966, Igbo had 87% of Nigerian officer’s cadre. Igbo was the first African to seat in the world court.

The Igbo is the first foreign cadet to become brigade squad leader in RMA, Sandhurst and best record by foreign cadet till date.

I could careless for your tribal chest beating but I do not like ridiculous claims being made. How do you reconcile the part in bold above with your post below? Surely, you are not suggesting that 87% of officers in the Armed forces were Igbo yet only 19% (3 out of 16) of the top echelon were Igbo. How did you come up with 87%? Do you care to share your list of the officers corp in January 1966? If I had the time, I could easily debunk most of the claims you made up there but it is not really relevant. What is important is that I debunk the most outlandish claim you made.

Like Babapupa said, most Ethnic Groups are first in one endeavour or another. It is mostly individuals who lack personal achievements of their own, that claim superiority through their ethnic group. The question is, what do you excel or hope to excel in; forget about the achievement of others. By virtue of high numbers, Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa are bound to have more noticaeble achievements than other groups but we do not really know how well each group (including the minorities) is doing relative to population figures (which remain a controversy). Besides, does it really matter? It is this 'my group is superior to others' mindset that has kept Nigeria in the doldrums for the past 50 years.

As at January 1966, there were 330 officers in the Armed Forces.

Igbo (Other South) Yoruba North   Total
104     43               67       116   330

Using the numbers above, Igbo had approximately 30% in the armed forces.

Source: Robin Luckham, The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt, 1960-67 (Cambridge: At the University Press 1971):231. Grab yourself a copy

Dede1:

Your plank of the argument has become so pathetic. Ndigbo did not dominate the armed forces of Nigeria as detractors would want us to believe. [b]However, Ndigbo dominated the officers’ cadre of the armed forces of Nigeria.

There were very few Igbo officers in the high echelon of Nigerian army as of January 1, 1966. Besides Ironsi, Ojukwu, Unegbe and Obienu, there was no other Igbo military officer with command position in the armed forces or even police. [/b]Below is example of command position of Nigerian armed forces as of January 1, 1966 excluding Igbo officers.

Chief of Staff, Supreme HQ Ogundipe (Yoruba)
Chief of Staff, Army  Col Robert Adebayo (Yoruba)
Chief of Staff, Navy   Commodore Wey  (Yoruba)
Deputy Chief of Staff, Army Col Kur Muhammad (Fulani)
Adjutant Gen, Lt Col James Pam (Tiv)
Commandant NMTC, Lt Col Shodinide (Yoruba)
IGP. Edet (Efik)

1st Brigade Ademulegun (Yoruba)
2nd Brigade Maimalari   (Kanuri)
1st Battalion, Lt Col Fajuyi (Yoruba)
2nd Battalion, Lt Col Gowon (Angas)
3rd Battalion, Lt Col Kurobo (Ijo)
4th Battalion, Lt Col Abogo Largmann (Tiv)
1st Racce     Major Katsina   (Fulani)

It very disingenuous on your part to even insinuate the countercoup of July 29, 1966 was organized by NCOs.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 4:34pm On Jan 12, 2011
jason123:

Na wa for you guys ooo! Babapupa and dede1, what did you gain?

@igbo boy
Have I ever said I rep my people? All I said was I would prefer SN, ND REP, OR WITH YORUBAS not biafra! I repeat, I do not rep my people but myself. My people have their own mouths. We are individuals and its a free world!

I usually do not indulge in such loath and sadistic illogicality however it is imperative to show some love to lascivious and demented cage mates such as eko ile and Aigofa. The thread title in part as “don’t the Igbos deserve round applause” was created by presumably non-Igbo contributor to the forum who goes by Blackteeth. The aforementioned thread did not age for second from the period of its creation when the mortal enemies of the ethnic group bellicosely joined with incoherent posts.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 4:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

I could careless for your tribal chest beating but I do not like ridiculous claims being made. How do you reconcile the part in bold above with your post below? Surely, you are not suggesting that 87% of officers in the Armed forces were Igbo yet only 19% (3 out of 16) of the top echelon were Igbo. How did you come up with 87%? Do you care to share your list of the officers corp in January 1966? If I had the time, I could easily debunk most of the claims you made up there but it is not really relevant. What is important is that I debunk the most outlandish claim you made.

Like Babapupa said, most Ethnic Groups are first in one endeavour or another. It is mostly individuals who lack personal achievements of their own, that claim superiority through their ethnic group. The question is, what do you excel or hope to excel in; forget about the achievement of others. By virtue of high numbers, Igbo, Yoruba, and Hausa are bound to have more noticaeble achievements than other groups but we do not really know how well each group (including the minorities) is doing relative to population figures (which remain a controversy). Besides, does it really matter? It is this 'my group is superior to others' mindset that has kept Nigeria in the doldrums for the past 50 years.

Igbo (Other South) Yoruba North    Total
104     43                67        116    330

Source: Robin Luckham, The Nigerian Military: A Sociological Analysis of Authority and Revolt, 1960-67 (Cambridge: At the University Press 1971):231. Grab yourself a copy

Pal, we tend to enjoy trading of historical facts on this forum eruditely. But sometimes, you seem to jettison the scholarly traits due to pressure from tribalism. In fact, I am impressed with your exploratory research on this issue. However, I shall plead with you to glance through you data again. I know you shall agree with me the north is not codified as a tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria. The same thing goes to (Other South)

Igbo   (Other South) Yoruba   North      Total
104       43                  67          116      330

In fact, the above data you posted is immorally wrong and borderline criminality.  The mere number of young Igbo officers who participated in the January 15, 1966 coup almost numbered in 100. I am completely disappointed with you.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Katsumoto: 5:11pm On Jan 12, 2011
Dede1:

Pal, we tend to enjoy trading of historical facts on this forum eruditely. But sometimes, you seem to jettison the scholarly traits due to pressure from tribalism. In fact, I am impressed with your exploratory research on this issue. However, I shall plead with you to glance through you data again. I know you shall I agree with the north is not codified as a tribe or ethnic group in Nigeria.

Igbo   (Other South) Yoruba   North      Total
104       43                  67          116      330

In fact, the above data you posted is immorally wrong and borderline criminality.  The mere number of young Igbo officers who participated in the January 15, 1966 coup almost numbered in 100. I am completely disappointed with you.

You have got to be joking. I presented information backed by evidence and you are suggesting something. You made a claim that Igbo representation was 87% as at 1966. I supplied data which states that Igbo representation was 30%. Instead of debunking my argument by presenting your own data you suggest that my argument is ethnically motivated. Surely, you can do better than that. What I expected from you is to log on to Amazon to buy Robin Luckham's book straightaway. Even if Luckham is non-Igbo (He is not even Nigerian) surely you can present data compiled by an Igbo son. I await your data to counter mine.

I know the North is not one tribe but we are not debating the composition of Northern ethnic groups in the military in 1966, we are debating the composition of Ndigbo in the armed forces in Jan 1966. If you posit that there were 100 Igbo officers in January 1966, then please supply their names. I know that number is greatly exaggerated. I know for a fact that there were only 25 officers in that coup including lieutenants and second lieutenants. Where did you get 100 Igbo officers in Jan 66 from?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

You have got to be joking. I presented information backed by evidence and you are suggesting something. You made a claim that Igbo representation was 87% as at 1966. I supplied data which states that Igbo representation was 30%. Instead of debunking my argument by presenting your own data you suggest that my argument is ethnically motivated. Surely, you can do better than that. What I expected from you is to log on to Amazon to buy Robin Luckham's book straightaway. Even if Luckham is non-Igbo (He is not even Nigerian) surely you can present data compiled by an Igbo son. I await your data to counter mine.

I know the North is not one tribe but we are not debating the composition of Northern ethnic groups in the military in 1966, we are debating the composition of Ndigbo in the armed forces in Jan 1966. If you posit that there were 100 Igbo officers in January 1966, then please supply their names. I know that number is greatly exaggerated. I know for a fact that there were only 25 officers in that coup including lieutenants and second lieutenants. Where did you get 100 Igbo officers in Jan 66 from?

Please, don't wait for Dede1 to debunk anything. It will be like waiting for Godot.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:56pm On Jan 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

It's called intellectual 419. They make unprovable and outlandish tales just to make themselves feel good about their shortcomings, inferiority complex and insecurity issues,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12, 2011
Katsumoto:

My bad, I meant 37% of the officers in Nigerian army cadre were Igbo in 1966 as indicated on my previous post which you cited. I can reel off names close to 100 officers without thorough research but that is next to exposing industrial secret. grin grin
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by odumchi: 8:09pm On Jan 12, 2011
We Igbos are truly a great ethnic group. I am overjoyed with the good comments coming from fellow supporters, how can we a people still rival with the Yoruba in population, after losing more than 10% of our population In the Biafran war? Otuto duri Chukwu!! Ndigbo nguria for the northern devils have been ashamed!

cool
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by onyengbu1(m): 8:38pm On Jan 12, 2011
@Katsumoto,
Can you defind the word 'FACT' for me? Please?
The way you normally label every information you get from books as facts really worry me.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Katsumoto: 8:47pm On Jan 12, 2011
onye_ngbu:

@Katsumoto,
Can you defind the word 'FACT' for me? Please?
The way you normally label every information you get from books as facts really worry me.

grin grin grin grin

See me see trouble

A fact is what I say it is until it is challenged by someone else who is knowledgeable and resourceful enough to challenge it with contrary data.

On this thread, I stated a few facts such as

1. There were 25 coup plotters in the January 66 coup
2. There were approximately 30% of Igbos in the Nigerian Military in 1966

I challenge you to produce data that is antithetic to the above. I don't understand what your issue is with my posts; care to elucidate further. What is your definition of FACT?

Furthermore, am I supposed to debate on a public forum using conjecture and personal opinion?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 3:34am On Jan 13, 2011
Ndi Yorubachukwu I can see unu furu ndi igbo anya, Always on every igbo topic, Well Like MI and Timaya talk for their Collabo if nobody talk about you then you are NOBODY>>,

IGBO KWENU
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 5:10am On Jan 13, 2011

It's 2011 people,

na wetin you dey beat chest for be this? Is this your so called advancement?

lol,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 5:25am On Jan 13, 2011
[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNk0IWfIeFOv1-Wvr3ykED95fY-oN50zbbvrIFuAji0pQMSulU[/img]

And I guess this is yoruba people's advancement, no be this APE KILL EWULEMO FOR ONDO ABI NA OYO? Yoruba too wowor chai.

Now compare this TOUT/AGBERO with the Fine boys above (YUP EVEN HAUSA FINE AND MORE CIVILIZED THAN UNA)

[flash=200,200]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNk0IWfIeFOv1-Wvr3ykED95fY-oN50zbbvrIFuAji0pQMSulU[/flash]
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 5:28am On Jan 13, 2011
igbo boy:

[img]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNk0IWfIeFOv1-Wvr3ykED95fY-oN50zbbvrIFuAji0pQMSulU[/img]

And I guess this is yoruba people's advancement, no be this APE KILL EWULEMO FOR ONDO ABI NA OYO? Yoruba too wowor chai

[flash=200,200]http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNk0IWfIeFOv1-Wvr3ykED95fY-oN50zbbvrIFuAji0pQMSulU[/flash]

I admit. This is funny!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 5:30am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^^^  Epic FAIL,

You leaders from ZIK down to Ojukwu and soludo doing boy boy for Hausa people and a common criminal ain't the same.

Your turn to do boy boy dey come too, no vex,

Go back to your sorry ass drawing board.,,,lmao
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by igboboy1(m): 5:31am On Jan 13, 2011
jason123:

I admit. This is funny!

It is not funny it is SCARY, Igbo people too get mouth sef, dem dey act like say if dey fight yoruba dem go win yoruba, I am of the thought that yoruba would give us flawless when they field such APES in the Battlefield O boy Ndi IGbo ga gba Oso' (tear race)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Customs Puts Motor Duty Payment 'On Hold' / Governor Ikpeazu Slashes Salaries Of All Political Appointees / Ex Governor Abubakar Audu Renders Wife And Kids Homeless In Sub-zero Temperature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.