Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,922 members, 7,828,206 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? (15438 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:11pm On Jan 11, 2011
Ola edo:

Obviously the Igbos don't have hate for the north because you are half Igbo and half northerner right? so if the igbo had hate for the northerner you wouldnt be here right? wink

and if i am igbo then why do they say i am not igbo then wink smiley
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Olaedo1: 5:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

Hey it doesn't matter Igbo man.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:14pm On Jan 11, 2011
Ola edo:

Hey it doesn't matter Igbo man.

good one now ola edo, we can make progress with this new found relationship of respect is reciprocal smiley
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

and if i am in a war, and i know that if i give you you money back you will start another war, why would i now give it to you back so you can kill me or even worse start another war undecided

I put that in because of your claims that those monies were petty and small. At least you agreed with me that it was not some little change, hence the fear to return them to their owners.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 5:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
Ola edo:

At jason123, stop letting yoruba come out of your mouth.I am sick of it.You are not yoruba.

Then, you better go to the hospital or get some medication because I would not deny my ancestral roots. There is a link between yorubas and itsekiris and I would support the yorubas when need be or stay neutral.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 5:23pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

Rubbish. You can only be Igbo if your father is Igbo.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
excanny:

I put that in because of your claims that those monies were petty and small. At least you agreed with me that it was not some little change, hence the fear to return them to their owners.

ok they may be small, they may be large, all i know is that the money that was earn then was an average of about 20 pounds but all in all it is a bad part of our history that i think we should forget so nigeria can move forward smiley

sorry excanny if i had made you angry, because i also have loved ones that die during that part of our history
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
excanny:

Rubbish. You can only be Igbo if your father is Igbo.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Abagworo(m): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2011
Alj harem is having a swell time.I will soon start having my own swell time with another user name.Lol!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
excanny:

excanny, this is the reason i do not like biafra topics because it always leads to bad and sad endings

it brings back unwanted memories i tell ya,, very sad memories

can't we just move on and stop this biafra this ,,,, please biko my brother,,,, people in nigeria are uniting

go to port-harcount, warri, lagos, kwara, kogi, kaduna etc this places have almost all the nigerian ethnic group in them

and they do not fight, why is it when we get on the internet and a topic about biafra comes up, everyone become the enemy of the other, ,, i am really sick of biafra topics i tell you

all i just want to do now is make friends (regardless of the ethnic group or religion) and live, that's all

lets leave 1967 behind us and work together for nigeria and ourselves smiley smiley cheesy cheesy
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by abagoro(m): 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2011
Kanuri people are generally envious of Igbos.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:48pm On Jan 11, 2011
Abagworo:

Alj harem is having a swell time.I will soon start having my own swell time with another user name.Lol!

lol grin grin grin

abagworo, i like you post so much, they always have some sense in them smiley

keep it up as you are a pro-nigerian,, ever thing has a reward  wink and your is a good reward i tell you
smiley
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
abagoro:

Kanuri people are generally envious of Igbos.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
kai grin grin
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by buffnaija: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
i want to own a factory , not fucking work in a factory. u know how rubbish factory work is ??

and igbos do have a large diaspora that allow them to trade and sell stuff.

more business oriented .

but yoruba can catch up in 5 years, trust i tell u.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by PhysicsMHD(m): 11:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
Guyman02:

We should learn to give praise to anybody who has done well. I think the Igbos have really worked hard to survive in Nigeria after their losses in the war. Nigeria has not been really fair to them and other citizens in the West and the North.
Sometimes I respect OBJ for one thing, he commends you if you do well and never forgives if you offend no matter your tribe.
The Yorubas gained a lot from the war with Awo as Finance Minister, they controlled the banks until Elumelu came into the system with Standard Trust bank and changed banking in Nigeria.
The bought all the shares in the major multinationals like Nestle, NBL, Cadbury, Kewalrams, Leventis etc (Igbos entered the market when there was a global meltdown and lost so much money in the ensuing kalo -kalo) Yorubas controlled the oil industry (Shell, Mobil, Chevron, AGIP etc) because the abokis only wanted the money and political power not who works there as indigenous staff and the Niger Deltans were too backward to fit in.

The Igbos were far ahead of the regions in Nigeria and were recognised as the fastest growing economy in the world in early sixties.
In the North they are always victims of attack by the Hausas as a result of jealousy and every riot starts with the looting and burning of their shops and churches.
The Igbos are the tribe that is truly unifying Nigerians, because they live in the midst of all tribes whether Nupe, Fulani, Kagoro, Ogbomosho you find them there.
Unlike the Hausas and Fulanis, they make no attempt to takeover your land and forcefully rule over you. They would rather earn their money and negotiate to buy portions from you and still pay homage to your native traditions without imposing their culture on you.

My Igbo friend, please substantiate or provide some authenticity of all this because everything except for the part about the ND people not being in the oil industry sounds like blind conjecture.

Also the majority Yoruba Western region was far ahead of the other regions economically  in the 50s and 60s and mining taxes from all of the regions originally had to be used to make up for the fiscal imbalance between the Western and the other regions. . .
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by nduchucks: 1:08am On Jan 12, 2011
Guyman02:
The Igbos were far ahead of the regions in Nigeria and were recognised as the fastest growing economy in the world in early sixties.
In the North they are always victims of attack by the Hausas as a result of jealousy and every riot starts with the looting and burning of their shops and churches.

Why do you people enjoy spreading blatant lies and deceiving yourselves? Please provide us with evidence that Igbos were attacked and their shops and churches were ever burnt at anytime between 1960 and 1964.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem2: 1:11am On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

Why do you people enjoy spreading blatant lies and deceiving yourselves? Please provide us with evidence that Igbos were attacked and their shops and churches were ever burnt at anytime between 1960 and 1964.

thank you ooo ndu_chucks

this poster just came and started running his mouth like tap we no get off undecided
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 1:24am On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

I don't think the guy said anything about Igbo shops being attacked between 1960 and 1964.
Can't you even read again? Na wa o! undecided olodo.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by owowalapo(m): 1:25am On Jan 12, 2011
Round of applause for what exactly? Kidnapping, Oil, Road, Education - where are all these things in the EAST?, ROund of applause for NOT-a-goddamn-thing!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by asha80(m): 1:26am On Jan 12, 2011
ndu_chucks:

why limit it to 1960 to 1964?

what of the 1953 kano riot?

http://books.google.com.ng/books?id=3FHvvW1TclIC&pg=PA49&lpg=PA49&dq=1953+kano+riot+igbos&source=bl&ots=RhK4vYQZ3M&sig=VUQxLrJIVl_Z3XqY2oeeHdy1apk&hl=en&ei=2fMsTZvjNMKnhAepg_z0CA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CC0Q6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=1953%20kano%20riot%20igbos&f=false
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 2:47am On Jan 12, 2011
Quote from: Guyman02 on Yesterday at 04:20:39 PM
We should learn to give praise to anybody who has done well. I think the Igbos have really worked hard to survive in Nigeria after their losses in the war. Nigeria has not been really fair to them and other citizens in the West and the North.
Sometimes I respect OBJ for one thing, he commends you if you do well and never forgives if you offend no matter your tribe.
The Yorubas gained a lot from the war with Awo as Finance Minister, they controlled the banks until Elumelu came into the system with Standard Trust bank and changed banking in Nigeria.
The bought all the shares in the major multinationals like Nestle, NBL, Cadbury, Kewalrams, Leventis etc (Igbos entered the market when there was a global meltdown and lost so much money in the ensuing kalo -kalo) Yorubas controlled the oil industry (Shell, Mobil, Chevron, AGIP etc) because the abokis only wanted the money and political not who works there as indigenous staff and the Niger Deltans were too backward to fit in.

The Igbos are the tribe that is truly unifying Nigerians, because they live in the midst of all tribes whether Nupe, Fulani, Kagoro, Ogbomosho you find them there.
Unlike the Hausas and Fulanis, they make no attempt to takeover your land and forcefully rule over you. They would rather earn their money and negotiate to buy portions from you and still pay homage to your native traditions without imposing their culture on you.

When are you people going to start applauding yourselves lying? Who dash you that nonsense? Go slap the pesin 1 thousand times.

You peolle can hide behind the war as much as you want, the fact is, the west was way way ahead of you and the rest of Nigeria before and after the war.

Awon delusional 419'ers buruku, lmao
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 5:55am On Jan 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

When are you people going to start applauding yourselves lying? Who dash you that nonsense? Go slap the pesin 1 thousand times.

You peolle can hide behind the war as much as you want, the fact is, the west was way way ahead of you and the rest of Nigeria before and after the war.

Awon delusional 419'ers buruku, lmao

In what instances were your people ahead of Igbo before the war? The Nigerian demographic sectors such as military officer’s cadre, civil service and academia showed significant Igbo presence which led to the mythical dominancy of this ethnic before the war.

Igbo was first speaker of Nigerian house of reps, the first senate pro tempore, first Governor-General, first president, the first two VCs of the four universities in Nigeria and it would have been three out of four until Akinjide introduced tribalism into Nigerian academia.  As of 1966, Igbo had 87% of Nigerian officer’s cadre. Igbo was the first African to seat in the world court.

The Igbo is the first foreign cadet to become brigade squad leader in RMA, Sandhurst and best record by foreign cadet till date.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:18am On Jan 12, 2011
Dede1:

In what instances were your people ahead of Igbo before the war? The Nigerian demographic sectors such as military officer’s cadre, civil service and academia showed significant Igbo presence which led to the mythical dominancy of this ethnic before the war.

Igbo was first speaker of Nigerian house of reps, the first senate pro tempore, first Governor-General, first president, the first two VCs of the four universities in Nigeria and it would have been three out of four until Akinjide introduced tribalism into Nigerian academia.  As of 1966, Igbo had 87% of Nigerian officer’s cadre. Igbo was the first African to seat in the world court.

The Igbo is the first foreign cadet to become brigade squad leader in RMA, Sandhurst and best record by foreign cadet till date.

Stop the silly and redundant nonsense about first to do this and first to do that. Every tribe in Nigeria have their first in many things. You want me to get into the childish game and start listing the first in other tribes?

Freeking childish, shallow, vain and inferiority complex people beating chest all over the place over nothing.

And the crap you listed amounted to nothing, the west was way way ahead of the rest of Nigeria developmentally.

The west was scoring first in Africa with major infrastructures when your so called fist Nigerian president was neglecting you and doing boy boy for Hausa people and many. Our gains are still out there in brick and mortar.

What do you people have to show for what ever silliness you are beating chest over? What's so laudable when you are absolutely irrelevant politically and economically? What's so laudable when your people are busy killing and kidnapping school kids, and your men and women for petty greed?

You people no get shame I wear. You should be selling your nonsense to folks outside Nigeria with little or no knowledge about you and Nigeria.

Yeye,
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 6:28am On Jan 12, 2011
DELETED
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 6:44am On Jan 12, 2011
Eko Ile:

Stop the silly and redundant nonsense about first to do this and first to do that. Every tribe in Nigeria have their first in many things. You want me to get into the childish game and start listing the first in other tribes?

Freeking childish, shallow, vain and inferiority complex people beating chest all over the place over nothing.

And the crap you listed amounted to nothing, the west was way way ahead of the rest of Nigeria developmentally.

The west was scoring first in Africa with major infrastructures when your so called fist Nigerian president was neglecting you and doing boy boy for Hausa people and many. Our gains are still out there in brick and mortar.

What do you people have to show for what ever silliness you are beating chest over? What's so laudable when you are absolutely irrelevant politically and economically? What's so laudable when your people are busy killing and kidnapping school kids, and your men and women for petty greed?

You people no get shame I wear. You should be selling your nonsense to folks outside Nigeria with little or no knowledge about you and Nigeria.

Yeye,

I guess childishness and inferior mentality drove you into a thread that Igbo deserve round of applause. Probably one of infrastructures was labeled Liberty Stadium and yet the kids from CKC Onitsha traveled to western region and thrashed the team from your best school.

Whatever you idiotically called achievement in the west is what the east regarded as painted sepulchral. I had wished that your forbearers were as wise you have given them credit. Giving your incoherent ranting, I wonder why your forbearers joined the fight against the very region that lacked every imaginable infrastructure.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 6:59am On Jan 12, 2011
Dede1:

I guess childishness and inferior mentality drove you into a thread that Igbo deserve round of applause. Probably one of infrastructures was labeled Liberty Stadium and yet the kids from CKC Onitsha traveled to western region and thrashed the team from your best school.

Whatever you idiotically called achievement in the west is what the east regarded as painted sepulchral. I had wished that your forbearers were as wise you have given them credit. Giving your incoherent ranting, I wonder why your forbearers joined the fight against the very region that lacked every imaginable infrastructure.

Let me indulge your stupidity and absurdity for a minute, so some school kids won a soccer match in Ibadan, does it mean they took the first modern stadium in Black Africa back to their town or village?

Your mates dey buid better things, but your lazy a/ss dey hola say you win soccer match.

Abi when a soccer team from Africa or any other developed or developing country beat the US in a soccer match in America, does it mean they are better and more developed that the US?

You see how d/umb and r/etarded you sound? I seriously hope you're not the pride of your people because your sense of reasoning is not only warped, it's very shallow and juvenile.

You mates dey build house, but you dey shout say you're superior because na you first chop inside the house.

Like I said, you people have no shame.

And please, go peddle your meaningless copy and paste thesaurus words to folks in your village.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 7:03am On Jan 12, 2011
Akhenaten:

alj harem is not a friend of the Ndi Igbo. And he has the audacity to call himself the Igbo. His post reek of tribalism and he is the main reason why this thread has not died. He needs to respect other people's views concerning the Ndi Igbo.

No one is chest beating, but we Igbos are proud of surviving a genocide and never again shall we allow that to happen. The same way the Jews never allow the world to forget the Holocaust, we Igbos will not allow Nigerians to forget about our REAL pain.

If you have a problem with that, I rain curses on you and your lineage.

You are free to beat your shallow chest as much as you want, that's your freeking prerogative, just don't cross the line by putting other people down , which is what you insecure people can not stop doing.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:10am On Jan 12, 2011
Deleted
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 7:10am On Jan 12, 2011
Igbo bros, please ignore this animal called babapupa Eko Ile Ole. He is pathetic and incapable of objectivity.
Imagine trying to defeat a pig in mud and dirt war!  undecided undecided undecided Good luck tryin'.  undecided sad
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Afam4eva(m): 7:12am On Jan 12, 2011
@ Eko Ile

Abeg don't die. Life is too short. Maybe if you can tell us in what sectors yorubas were ahead of Igbos before the civil war we will shut up.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 7:14am On Jan 12, 2011
Dede1:

How retarde.d! A game between Secondary School kids is now being touted as a great achievement by ibos, even the "great" Zik once cited the same silly game as evidence of ibo superiority over Yorubas.

I doubt if anyone can help you all, I think the war did some irreparable damage to your collective psyche.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 7:18am On Jan 12, 2011
Aigbofa:

How retarde.d! A game between Secondary School kids is now being touted as a great achievement by ibos, even the "great" Zik once cited the same silly game as evidence of ibo superiority over Yorubas.

I doubt if anyone can help you all, I think the war did some irreparable damage to your collective psyche.

They are too vain and shallow for their own good. Like their say, little things excites shallow and inferior minds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari, ECOWAS Leaders Meet Jammeh, Insist He Must Step Down / INEC Officials Frustrating Nigerians Willing To Collect PVCs - Labour Party / Sanusi Lamido Sanusi Writes On El-rufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.