Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,252 members, 7,846,169 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:32 AM

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? (15474 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 10:22am On Jan 11, 2011
afam4eva:

So what are u suggesting. That's an International airport in Enugu. If Onitsha needs an International airport then they willl have to build one of international standard and have it approved by government if they will agree.

I'm suggesting that we consummate Enugu International Airport first. Enugu is only one hour away from Onitsha. I would get to Enugu before someone travelling from certain parts of Lagos reaches the MMA on one of those crazy Lagos traffic jam days.
If Asaba upgrades to international airport, better still.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Onlytruth(m): 10:26am On Jan 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

Are there no flights from Abuja to anywhere near Anambra? In 2006 I went to PH for vacation, went from Houston -> Europe -> PH. Or am I imagining things? I'm pretty sure we didn't touch down in Lagos, flew directly from Europe to PH.

Unless the airport in PH is no longer functional, or Anambra is inaccessible from PH, then it shouldn't be as bad as you say. I wouldn't know the situation on the ground there now though.

PH was not functioning for sometime. Again we are talking about immediate access. From Onitsha, I would get to Enugu in one hour, but PH would take over two hours.
From Onitsha, Asaba is the fastest if international.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by kettykin: 10:28am On Jan 11, 2011
Lagos is the most industialized state in Nigeria followed by Aba in Abia state and anambra

The lagos factories and industries are mostly owned by foreigners , even ibos own factories in lagos , ogun and oyo,infact I have seen ibos who own juice factory in oyo and anothe owns a biscuit factory in ogun.

The factories in the east are majorly owned by ibos.
The rise of ibos over yoruba and hausa was primarily as a result that that the ibos was ahead of these 2 before the war and the war was fought by the western powers and Arab world for Nigeria, just the same way the fought against germans and iraq.
The contribution of ibos in diaspora was instrumental to the rise of ibos after the war , without the diasporan ibos , it would have been difficult.

For the time being ibos aren't doing fanstastic , why not compare your selves with Asians or are they not human too
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by EkoIle1: 10:29am On Jan 11, 2011
afam4eva:

See MUMU, Lagos has so many opportunities and these opportunities were created by Igbos, Yorubas alike. So i don't know why you're M-A-S-T-U-R-B-A-T-I-N-G over this Igbos moving to lagos issue. At least human beings are still left in the east and they are making it big.

You people no dey disappoint with your absurd and mindless rubbish,

So, na Alaba and Ajegunle spear parts kiosks dey employ Lagosians and is responsible for 60% of Naija's economic output?

Sometimes I question ibo people's sense of reasoning and sanity I swear,

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 10:41am On Jan 11, 2011
Actually, one thing that works for Lagos and by extension Ogun state is geographical advantage, that is proximity to the a sea and air ports. Even some Igbos and others prefer to site the industries in Ogun because of Lagos. Folks like Dangote recently made in-roads into Ogun due to the non-availability of lands in Lagos.

If Anambra and Abia had those advantages, they'll probably over blow by now.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by ektbear: 10:49am On Jan 11, 2011
There is a long and useful (but repetitive and at times boring) report by the World Bank examining the economic potential of the various regions of Nigeria. Their perspective is mostly from a job growth perspective, but it is pretty useful for evaluating other things, I think.

http://www.accessbankplc.com/Library/Documents/2010%20Bankers%20Committee%20Conference%20Resources/Economic%20Development/Putting%20Nigeria%20to%20Work.pdf
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by russellino: 11:21am On Jan 11, 2011
@aigbofa - its amazing the amount of energy you've spent trying to deny the greatness of a group of people. What drives you?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 11:58am On Jan 11, 2011
russellino:

@aigbofa - its amazing the amount of energy you've spent trying to deny the greatness of a group of people. What drives you?

greatness indeed

[size=15pt][b] first of all, I seriously hate topics like this.because it shows how some of my igbo brothers have infeority complex
secondly, 70% of the igbos on this forum if not whole wide, were schooled in the western region from ibadan, to abeokuta to lagos even to kwara so i really do not see any comparison here with the west they are clearly better than igbo in all areas of adult life

secondly, i really applaud the igbos for there bounce back after the war but they have to take into account that the nigerian government and the good people of nigeria helped them unlike other african countries were the losing team get stigmatised, i mean igbos are even in lagos cabinet, the state biafra bombed. so my igbo brothers please i appeal to you not to think you are better than other nigerians because they were accepted with open arms.

thirdly, on this nairaland, i have now learnt there mentality, the way they think of other nigerians and i most say, it is very terrible of them, i mean out of all the igbos that commented on this trend, non of them can give credit to the nigerian people instead they go about how special they are undecided well thank you all for making to know who igbos are truly are and how they view other nigerians even though others love them, they do not love others. this is a big shame to nigeria as a whole.

even the good igbo people i have met before in my life, i am not sure again if i should trust them the way i use to because of the comments some of you have put down

all in all i just hope that other nigerians that are not registered on nairaland do not read some of you igbo comment because it will lead to more people to be weary of igbos. also, i hope this """ we vs them mentality""" will end soon[/b][/size]
thank you all your for time smiley
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Missy85(f): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
harem, well said. One of the best contributions to this debate.

the Igbos need a huge dose of humility.

without hausas, yorubas & the others, igbos will not have made as much of the admirable progress they have made.

Yes you are industrious, hardworkind, and determined, but no:

You are not superior to other nigerians
You are not cleverer than the rest
You do not control lagos economy, though you make a very valuable contribution
You do not constitute 40% of lagos population
It isnt true that nigerians would starve without Igbos

But as I said, you guys, like the other nigerians are making a valuable contribution to the nation
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 12:10pm On Jan 11, 2011
Missy85:

without hausas, yorubas & the others, igbos will not have made as much of the admirable progress they have made.

thank you,

@ bolded, they do not seem to realise that, they think it is by there hard work and effort
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by PhysicsMHD(m): 12:15pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

70% of the igbos on this forum if not whole wide, were schooled in the western region from ibadan, to abeokuta to lagos even to kwara so i really do not see any comparison here with the west they are clearly better than igbo in all areas of adult life

I think uninformed and assumptive comments like these are the genesis of the mentality that you are complaining about. It takes two to tango. One man left alone does not complain and chest beat. When he is denigrated so many times, he fights back verbally and even continues fighting and keeps that mentality even after the fight is over.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 12:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
Missy85:

Yes you are industrious, hardworkind, and determined, but no:

You are not superior to other nigerians
You are not cleverer than the rest
You do not control lagos economy, though you make a very valuable contribution
You do not constitute 40% of lagos population
It isnt true that nigerians would starve without Igbos

But as I said, you guys, like the other nigerians are making a valuable contribution to the nation

This is one of the most ignorant post I've seen on this thread so far. Show me where an Igbo poster here posted that Igbos are better than other nigerians. Show me.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Missy85(f): 12:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
why would anyone choose a life of constant warring, both real and imagined.

you mean Igbos feel denigrated in nigeria? in what way?? Most people i know admire the Igbos, maybe grudgingly, but why should Igbos feel so put-down upon by the rest?

If anything, the most denigrated lot are probably the hausas.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Missy85(f): 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
excanny, some of my comments address statements I've read in other threads. there's no suggestion than anyone on this thread said igbos were superior for instance.

But you guys need to listen to what some of your country people are saying.

If there's some views out there that igbo's chestbeating is a little irritating, is it not worth listening?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by russellino: 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2011
@alj harem - Regarding inferiority complex kindly speak for yourself. Every ethnic group has greatness in it. I dont think any igbo person in his right mind is trying to say they are the greatest in the land. It is not wrong for a person to beat his chest and say good things about himself, it becomes a problem when one tries to pull another down. Please separate facts that may mislead. Igbos are great people, the Yoruba are great same for the Hausa/fulani. No need for drama
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 12:54pm On Jan 11, 2011
russellino:

@alj harem - Regarding inferiority complex kindly speak for yourself. Every ethnic group has greatness in it. I dont think any igbo person in his right mind is trying to say they are the greatest in the land. It is not wrong for a person to beat his chest and say good things about himself, it becomes a problem when one tries to pull another down. Please separate facts that may mislead. Igbos are great people, the Yoruba are great same for the Hausa/fulani. No need for drama

i agree with you, but if you know ever ethnic group has it's greatness from edo to ijaw,why have they not made a topic about there greatness,,why!!!!

if hausa/fulani have there greatness, why have they not made topic of how great they are

if yorubas ave there greatness why have they not made topics on how great they are

i believe there is not drama in what i posted above, i am half igbo myself but on nairaland, i have to drop my igbo identity because of some f the comment people have been posting, also because i do not support some of the views my people put on nairaland

my igbo people come here on nairaland post about how lagos is 40-45% igbo, now the questions is how do you expect the indigenous lagosians to fell when they read this

some of my igbo people say that the lands in ikoyi etc are mostly igbo and you will not be surprise if there is an igbo governor in lagos state soon, now, not to be tribalistic here but did the indigenes of lagos state ask for them to be ruled by igbo or did they say they can not call other yorubas from other states to rule them.

i remember how happy babapupa was when fashola installed an igbo man into his carbinet (no that there are no credible yorubas around) but because babapupa was detribalised thenhe was happy that igbos are taking part in SW politics even jason was also happy. but now i am sure from all the comment from the igbos on this trend, they will start to have a rethink on that issue.

do you see were i am getting at, you can not show how special igbo people are without appreciating the yoruba and other groups in nigeria

is it not in lagos and oyo state that there a eze indigbo there undecided , did you see any yoruba man complain and say why,,,,NO,, that is what they call love for your neighbour,

i have also seen how only angry and insultive some of my igbo brothers are when chime and chris uba were thinking of going to ACN,, why i ask,,,, NO responds

go to port harcount even up to today, do the indigenes give or sell land and properties to igbo people in general,,,,NO

even after the war, didn't the igbo get back there properties in lagos and other part of the country back expect from port harcount.

well all in all, i would say that most igbos on this forum are born hard tribalist to the core apart from ChineyeN
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 1:16pm On Jan 11, 2011
Missy85:

excanny, some of my comments address statements I've read in other threads. there's no suggestion than anyone on this thread said igbos were superior for instance.

But you guys need to listen to what some of your country people are saying.

If there's some views out there that igbo's chestbeating is a little irritating, is it not worth listening?

These are your pre-conceived thoughts. Folks like Babapupa brag about Lagos, Bluetooth, Aigbofa, Sjeezy talk about how most civilised their Yorubaland is. Have you ever considered their posts as chestbeating, no? Tell me, is their chestbeating also annoying to you or not?

But when one Igbo poster makes a similar sentence as those folks I listed, Igbos become arrogant and do a lot of annoying chestbeating.

Just like it's been pointed out before tribalism blinds one that he becomes too complacent, while others are making progress.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by russellino: 1:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
@alj harem - i think we are on the same train but you must understand that the civil war is a very touchy issue for many of us. Our people largely feel that injustice (to put it mildly) was committed and that despite the great challenges, they have not only survived but come out strong. That i believe is the point of threads such as this one. Also i stand to be corrected but isnt the original poster a non-igbo?
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 1:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
russellino:

@alj harem - i think we are on the same train but you must understand that the civil war is a very touchy issue for many of us. Our people largely feel that injustice (to put it mildly) was committed and that despite the great challenges, they have not only survived but come out strong. That i believe is the point of threads such as this one. Also i stand to be corrected but isnt the original poster a non-igbo?

yes it is true, it is a touchy issue because some of my very own family members were involved in the war in fact 2 of them die as a result of the war.

also the @ the poster, we can not be sure if he is igbo or non,,,but i do not really care.

i totally agree that the igbo people are a great success story in Nigeria and as you saw on the first post made by me(first page).

but also, you have to give credit to others that have helped the igbo people to be what they are today, we can not just take credit for it all, i remember Fela and Wole soyinka (2 yoruba men) tackling the FG about the development of SE nigeria. it is even one of the reason Fela was locked up in prison and he die as a result of that, what do you now say about that.

i believe we as igbos have to be careful on what we post and what we say not only on the internet but in the community, i remember when i was in lagos, an igbo man wanted to buy suya from one hausa guy then, the way he approached the hausa guy was very very wrong ; quote " aboki, give me suya dia" and his hausa man give him the suya. but to my surprise this igbo guy did not pay the man caling hi aboki mallam etc
when the hausa guy got angry, the man brought out a knife and wanted to stab the igbo guy. what did the yorubas do, they rescued the igbo man from the hausa guy and even payed the hausa the money this man was owing.

my point is, if those yorubas now hear what some of my igbo brothers are saying, how do you think they will feel.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 2:18pm On Jan 11, 2011
@OP

Yes, Ndigbo deserve more than one round of applause.

@oyb and Aigbofa

It is a wasted endeavor to cite uninformed analogy of Japanese, Chinese and Germans to this discuss. Before and after the war, Japan, China and Germany were independent countries and remained so. Biafra was a mere circumstance of events in Nigeria which could have been avoided.

The thread is as a result of an observation made by non-Igbo. Why would such innocuous opinion by the poster attract incessant scurrilous diatribe from non-Igbo respondents?

I am disappointed with oyb but Aigbofa who is a latent Olodo.

@ Eko Ile

Abagworo was referring to industries owned by indigenous Igbo business tycoons. The link you attached to your post about industries in Ogun State is misleading at best. More than half of industries listed were either owned by the federal government, Indians, Igbo, Urhobo or Ogun state government.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by jason123: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2011
To my yoruba peeps,

Give credit when it is due. Do not argue like you are trying to pull anyone down. We need to wake up. If Igbos chat shit, does that mean we have to chat back If not for some western nigeria policies, they would not be where they are today yet they chose to rile us undecided. Well, thats for another day. The point is, THEY HAVE TRIED AND THEY DESERVE SOME CREDIT. ITS NOT EASY TO GET UP AFTER A WAR.

To my Igbo peeps,

May pride and arrogance not be your down fall!!! Would you have been where you are today if not for the Nigerians (the same nigerians you curse and despise all day long on any website you go) that brought you up when you were down, assimilated you (especially the yorubas) and even supported your endeavours? I personally admire your industrious nature but you cannot say you did not benefit from the open arms your southern brothers especially the yorubas. even your ikwerri brothers have not give you your properties but you insult the yorubas that gave you that back undecided undecided undecided. I am absolutely glad that the yorubas are not savages. Anyway, nemesis has a way of judging people, you cannot repay good with evil and hatred. THIS IS MY OPINION!!!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

greatness indeed

[size=15pt][b] first of all, I seriously hate topics like this.because it shows how some of my igbo brothers have infeority complex
secondly, 70% of the igbos on this forum if not whole wide, were schooled in the western region from ibadan, to abeokuta to lagos even to kwara so i really do not see any comparison here with the west they are clearly better than igbo in all areas of adult life

secondly, i really applaud the igbos for there bounce back after the war but they have to take into account that the nigerian government and the good people of nigeria helped them unlike other african countries were the losing team get stigmatised, i mean igbos are even in lagos cabinet, the state biafra bombed. so my igbo brothers please i appeal to you not to think you are better than other nigerians because they were accepted with open arms.

thirdly, on this nairaland, i have now learnt there mentality, the way they think of other nigerians and i most say, it is very terrible of them, i mean out of all the igbos that commented on this trend, non of them can give credit to the nigerian people instead they go about how special they are undecided well thank you all for making to know who igbos are truly are and how they view other nigerians even though others love them, they do not love others. this is a big shame to nigeria as a whole.

even the good igbo people i have met before in my life, i am not sure again if i should trust them the way i use to because of the comments some of you have put down

all in all i just hope that other nigerians that are not registered on nairaland do not read some of you igbo comment because it will lead to more people to be weary of igbos. also, i hope this """ we vs them mentality""" will end soon[/b][/size]
thank you all your for time smiley

I hate to insult people who have not done so to me but your post tempted me to do so. I must say that you were very lazy scholar as your post had indicated. Let me repeat, the majority of Igbo renaissance in academia did not set foot in western region of Nigeria in pursuit of academics.

Granted that Yoruba were the first to wave bye-bye to the first Europeans to have set their feet in Africa, however as of 1964, there were more elementary and secondary schools in eastern region than western region. Also, there were more widespread top notch secondary schools in eastern region that western region. This was proved by three segments of Nigerian demographic services such military, academia and civil service.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 2:50pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

To my Igbo peeps,

May pride and arrogance not be your down fall!!! Would you have been where you are today if not for the Nigerians (the same nigerians you curse and despise all day long on any website you go) that brought you up when you were down, assimilated you (especially the yorubas) and even supported your endeavours? I personally admire your industrious nature but you cannot say you did not benefit from the open arms your southern brothers especially the yorubas.

You were making some good point before spoiling it with some backward tribalistic rant. What assimilation were you talking about? You mean the 20 pounds419 assimilation? What about the remaining thousands of pounds owned by Igbos in their bank accounts? You assimilated those into your pockets.

How much those it cost to build a house in PH then? Is it worth tens of thousands of pounds that were considered seized biafran accounts in banks in Lagos. I can see your help indeed!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 2:56pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

i agree with you, but if you know ever ethnic group has it's greatness from edo to ijaw,why have they not made a topic about there greatness,,why!!!!

if hausa/fulani have there greatness, why have they not made topic of how great they are

if yorubas ave there greatness why have they not made topics on how great they are

i believe there is not drama in what i posted above, i am half igbo myself but on nairaland, i have to drop my igbo identity because of some f the comment people have been posting, also because i do not support some of the views my people put on nairaland

my igbo people come here on nairaland post about how lagos is 40-45% igbo, now the questions is how do you expect the indigenous lagosians to fell when they read this
some of my igbo people say that the lands in ikoyi etc are mostly igbo and you will not be surprise if there is an igbo governor in lagos state soon, now, not to be tribalistic here but did the indigenes of lagos state ask for them to be ruled by igbo or did they say they can not call other yorubas from other states to rule them.

i remember how happy babapupa was when fashola installed an igbo man into his carbinet (no that there are no credible yorubas around) but because babapupa was detribalised thenhe was happy that igbos are taking part in SW politics even jason was also happy. but now i am sure from all the comment from the igbos on this trend, they will start to have a rethink on that issue.

do you see were i am getting at, you can not show how special igbo people are without appreciating the yoruba and other groups in nigeria

is it not in lagos and oyo state that there a eze indigbo there undecided , did you see any yoruba man complain and say why,,,,NO,, that is what they call love for your neighbour,

i have also seen how only angry and insultive some of my igbo brothers are when chime and chris uba were thinking of going to ACN,, why i ask,,,, NO responds

go to port harcount even up to today, do the indigenes give or sell land and properties to igbo people in general,,,,NO

even after the war, didn't the igbo get back there properties in lagos and other part of the country back expect from port harcount.

well all in all, i would say that most igbos on this forum are born hard tribalist to the core apart from ChineyeN

When Lagos was declared the federal territory and capital of Nigeria, it ceases to be an ethnic enclave. If you think that mega city Lagos had become today is exclusively handiwork of ethnic Yoruba, than you not as claver as I thought you were previously.

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2011
Dede1:

I hate to insult people who have not done so to me but your post tempted me to do so. I must say that you were very lazy scholar as your post had indicated. Let me repeat, the majority of Igbo renaissance in academia did not set foot in western region of Nigeria in pursuit of academics.

Granted that Yoruba were the first to wave bye-bye to the first Europeans to have set their feet in Africa, however as of 1964, there were more elementary and secondary schools in eastern region than western region. Also, there were more widespread top notch secondary schools in eastern region that western region. This was proved by three segments of Nigerian demographic services such military, academia and civil service.

look guy that was 1967 what about now or recent times undecided
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

To my Igbo peeps,

May pride and arrogance not be your down fall!!! Would you have been where you are today if not for the Nigerians (the same nigerians you curse and despise all day long on any website you go) that brought you up when you were down, assimilated you (especially the yorubas) and even supported your endeavours? I personally admire your industrious nature but you cannot say you did not benefit from the open arms your southern brothers especially the yorubas.

You were making some good point before spoiling it with some backward tribalistic rant. What assimilation were you talking about? You mean the 20 pounds419 assimilation? What about the remaining thousands of pounds owned by Igbos in their bank accounts? You assimilated those into your pockets.

How much those it cost to build a house in PH then? Is it worth tens of thousands of pounds that were considered seized biafran accounts in banks in Lagos. I can see your help indeed!

If I may even ask you. Can you mention the help Igbos recieved after the war? Were they given some loan to start business or what? Please tell me.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 2:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
Dede1:

When Lagos was declared the federal territory and capital of Nigeria, it cease to an ethnic enclave. If you think that mega city Lagos had become today is exclusively handiwork of ethnic Yoruba, than you not as claver as I thought you were previously.

no one ever said yorubas built lagos on there own,,,,, it was the help of igbo, northerners, ekiti andother yoruba people that built lagos so what are you on about

i am talking about the indigenes of lagos here not the settles undecided
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

yes it is true, it is a touchy issue because some of my very own family members were involved in the war in fact 2 of them die as a result of the war.

also the @ the poster, we can not be sure if he is igbo or non,,,but i do not really care.

i totally agree that the igbo people are a great success story in Nigeria and as you saw on the first post made by me(first page).

but also, you have to give credit to others that have helped the igbo people to be what they are today, we can not just take credit for it all, i remember Fela and Wole soyinka (2 yoruba men) tackling the FG about the development of SE nigeria. it is even one of the reason Fela was locked up in prison and he die as a result of that, what do you now say about that.

i believe we as igbos have to be careful on what we post and what we say not only on the internet but in the community, i remember when i was in lagos, an igbo man wanted to buy suya from one hausa guy then, the way he approached the hausa guy was very very wrong ; quote " aboki, give me suya dia" and his hausa man give him the suya. but to my surprise this igbo guy did not pay the man caling hi aboki mallam etc
when the hausa guy got angry, the man brought out a knife and wanted to stab the igbo guy. what did the yorubas do, they rescued the igbo man from the hausa guy and even payed the hausa the money this man was owing.

my point is, if those yorubas now hear what some of my igbo brothers are saying, how do you think they will feel.

Please I plead with you to stop this unfounded nonsensical innuendo about Fela Ransome Kuti tackling the FG about the development in the eastern region. If this statement about the so-called Fela is the amalgam of your basic knowledge of issues and events in Nigeria, I say you do not belong to this discussion.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Dede1(m): 3:03pm On Jan 11, 2011
alj harem1:

look guy that was 1967 what about now or recent times undecided

I guess you have to visit JAMB office to see for yourself. grin grin
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by excanny: 3:04pm On Jan 11, 2011
jason123:

To my Igbo peeps,

If I may even ask you. Can you mention the help Igbos recieved after the war? Were they given some loan to start business or what? Please tell me.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by kettykin: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2011
Actually yorubas and hausas contributed nothing to the rise and recovery of ibos, rather they did every thing to minimise it, through discriminiation in employment, promotion in army, ministry e.t.c

The nation just had the first ibo COAS 44 years after 1, ibos recovere by dint of hardwork, also the oil boom in the south south contributed.
Many ibos had to do menial jobs in US and europe to survive and help their families.

Also ibos come to lagos , because it is and was the capital of Nigeria if that capital was in calabar and the sea porst there too , I doubt if ibos would have gone to lagos.
There aren't more ibos in the south western states than in the northern states. States like kaduna and plateau have more ibos than all the south west states put together ecept lagos
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2011
excanny:

they were given back there houses in lagos even though they bombed lagos in the war

2.) the indigenes of lagos keep there properties for them after the war ( i was there myself)

3.) some of the parents that asked there yoruba neighbour to keep there children save were given back to there igbo parents without any harm on them ( this i witness myself)

4.) the cost of the war was enormous and yet they were still given back 20 pounds considering the cost of food and housing then ( a bag of rice was 2.50, to rent an accomodation then was 0.50 a month)

5.) after the war, some igbos were given jobs as civil servant and teachers then( the highest payed people back then were teacher of 50 pounds)

and it goes on and on and on

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

APC Awaits Buhari’s Clearance To Screen Presidential Aspirants / Fubara: Timi Frank Urges Tinubu To Sack Wike As Minister / Wada: I Won The Poll, Audu’s Votes Died With Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.