Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

I Want To Know God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Want To Know God (2245 Views)

How Do We Know God Is A Male / 1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / Pastor David Elijah's Experience, A Proof That Christians Know God Aint Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Know God by Exmilitant(m): 9:41pm On Jul 25, 2020
Maximus69, is Jesus GOD as some christians allege? Is he part of the trinity as portrayed?
Re: I Want To Know God by Exmilitant(m): 9:44pm On Jul 25, 2020
VLTA:
Exmilitant I would trust God to answer your questions.

Please do you have some time to spare for discussion on any other platform like WhatsApp or Facebook? Would like to pass you on to an erudite of high intelligence, a well educated scholar and researcher with vast knowledge and experience
Yeah, i'm on both. The refree got vast knowledge and experience on what?
Re: I Want To Know God by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 25, 2020
Exmilitant:

The questions you asked me. I want you to get the best. I can answer but not like him.
Re: I Want To Know God by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jul 25, 2020
Exmilitant:
Re: I Want To Know God by KNOWMORE56: 1:51pm On Jul 26, 2020
Exmilitant:
Maximus69, knowmore56, VLTA and others, you guys are skirting around. Drive the point home, tell me come to GOD through so and so religion/church/denomintion. I would recommend you all to read a brochure of the Jehovah's Witnesses:The Divine Name. There they clearly stated that the name Jesus is CERTAINLY not Jesus! If one of the most respected denomination and well researched organization in christendom will make such admission, that means there is something not adding up in christianity and their view of Jesus. Secondly, All through the history of religion there has always been encounters and manifestations before faith/belief. From Abraham to Moses down to the Apostle Paul. (I haven't touched on the sages of other religions). These persons saw before the believed. So, you guys telling a man with a clean slate, tabula rasa as it were to, just belief in Jesus, pray to God, read this and that book and other recommendations shows ignorance. I want to see before i belief!

Be bold and make a decision/choice. And accept it consequences.

Below is what came to my mind as I read your post.

Somebody wants to be mobile, but he's asking what vehicle will he go for.

Different people using different vehicles have given their voices, each person wants him to get his type.

He then asked for reasons why he should get your type of vehicle.

One said his
brand is the 1st to exist and others are just trying to copy.

Another one said his brand is the fastest and flexible.

Another one said his brand can serve you and your children generation.

Others gave their own.

The primary purpose of vehicle is for easier movement compared to going about on foot.

... other things are secondary,

Moreover, when the enquirer was asked to enter into one of the vehicles and see,

he said no. How is he going to understand these things without being involved?

I, don't take such a person seriously.

Test and see the Lord is good!

You said no, you want to see you don't want to test.

I will post the remaining ones in the next post.
Re: I Want To Know God by KNOWMORE56: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2020
Exmilitant:
Maximus69, knowmore56, VLTA and others, you guys are skirting around. Drive the point home, tell me come to GOD through so and so religion/church/denomintion. I would recommend you all to read a brochure of the Jehovah's Witnesses:The Divine Name. There they clearly stated that the name Jesus is CERTAINLY not Jesus! If one of the most respected denomination and well researched organization in christendom will make such admission, that means there is something not adding up in christianity and their view of Jesus. Secondly, All through the history of religion there has always been encounters and manifestations before faith/belief. From Abraham to Moses down to the Apostle Paul. (I haven't touched on the sages of other religions). These persons saw before the believed. So, you guys telling a man with a clean slate, tabula rasa as it were to, just belief in Jesus, pray to God, read this and that book and other recommendations shows ignorance. I want to see before i belief!

The best way to understand something is to get involved yourself.

This is one of the reasons I love Jesus.

In order to understand what is like human beings on sinful earth, He came as human being.

Moreover, all the books you have been reading what proofs do you have before you believe that the writers are actually the writers?

Were you there while they were writing them?

It's only in things of God human beings ask for proofs.

YOUR DATE OF BIRTH, what proofs/reasons were given you before you accepted it to be true,

were you there or are your parents above telling lies?

If your children ask you to give them proofs of the dates of their birth, what are you going to tell them?

especially after you have said all that you know but they said they don't believe?

Were you taking to China for proofs before you accepted that there is a place called China?

Had anyone ever disagreed with the laws that say

1+1+1=3 (i.e one adds to one and to another one =3) but

1×1×1=1 (i.e one made to increase one and increased another one=1)?

I am saying in many things we just accept/believe it, much later we'll understand them all!

Enjoy your choice!
Re: I Want To Know God by Exmilitant(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2020
I made mentioned of manifestations and encounters. KNOWMORE56, if the Apostle Paul hadn't had an encounter, do you think he could have join the christian faith and became the greatest champion of the christian faith? No! Remember he was a highly learned lawyer and he was vast in the knowledge of other religions. He had it all. All he needed in order to 'see' the right track was a forceful encounter. I may or may not belief the story but, i am citing it for you to get to my point. I belief that GOD exists. But the way to him is my worry. I investigated so many religion only to discover lies, deceits and borrowed doctrines in all of them. Unless you are telling me to overlook those flaws and get in the car like you analysed.
Re: I Want To Know God by xproducer: 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2020
Indeed, "For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?" - Matthew 16:26

Read the holy Bible as often as possible because "...faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." - Roman 10:17, and "pray without ceasing," - 1 Thessalonians 5:17

"The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit, A broken and a contrite heart— These, O God, You will not despise." - Psalm 51:17

"The Lord is near to all who call upon Him, To all who call upon Him in truth." - Psalm 145:18
Re: I Want To Know God by KNOWMORE56: 9:03am On Jul 27, 2020
Exmilitant:
I made mentioned of manifestations and encounters. KNOWMORE56, if the Apostle Paul hadn't had an encounter, do you think he could have join the christian faith and became the greatest champion of the christian faith? No! Remember he was a highly learned lawyer and he was vast in the knowledge of other religions. He had it all. All he needed in order to 'see' the right track was a forceful encounter. I may or may not belief the story but, i am citing it for you to get to my point. I belief that GOD exists. But the way to him is my worry. I investigated so many religion only to discover lies, deceits and borrowed doctrines in all of them. Unless you are telling me to overlook those flaws and get in the car like you analysed.

Thanks for mentioning Paul.

This Paul did not stay aloof from religion. He's deeply rooted in Judaism, thinking that is the only way to the true God.

God who understands what is in the heart of men, knows what he (Paul) can do should he know the truth.

God's judgement/prediction is correct as we all witness his devotedness.

I am still saying get involved.

As far a you are SINCERE, the true God will show up.
Re: I Want To Know God by KNOWMORE56: 10:44am On Jul 27, 2020
Exmilitant:

Do you know that till date Jesus still appears to sincere people?

I was with one brother Zana in East of naija. He was born into a Muslim family.

He's an intelligent man who finished his higher education with good grades.

His people offered him scholarship to go abroad and write books against Christianity that they (christians) are worshipping idols.

He accepted. And advised himself to 1st of all read the gospel of Jesus Christ for him to have idea of what he's going to write against.

On the process of reading/studying the gospel he got confused about who is the true way to God; that's between Mohammed and Jesus Christ.

He then said 'God, please help me to know who among the two is the true way to you, I swear that I will follow the way you'll show me to be the truth'

That very night Jesus appeared to him and told him to follow the gospel.

In the morning he called his wife and told her about the encounter.

The wife deserted him and went back to her father's house with the kids.

They decided to kill Zana but God help him out.

He remained a Christian, separated from the wife and children till he died.

I said you will not be the last to have an encounter once He notices your sincerity.

Do you have the mind to suffer or even die for the truth, if it's revealed to you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Religious Bigotry And Hypocrisy- Nairaland Islamic Style!!! / Can You Kill Your Son If God Tell You To? / Free Christian Ebook Download

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.