Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,651 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) - Literature (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) (94848 Views)

In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / THE BACHELORS.(Sex was only the beginning)-18+ / In The Billionaire's Bed By Wunmiade16 Is A Plagiarized Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 1:47pm On Jul 05, 2020
Arrgh. get well soon sir.
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Lilly4endu(f): 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2020
Get well soon our super writer.
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by shakibell(f): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2020
get well soon �
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by skubido(m): 6:43pm On Jul 05, 2020
God will perfect your healing
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by purity23(f): 6:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
Samuel you'll not last long

Thanks for the update and pls take care of yourself
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by OPC90(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2020
Our body is not the temple of sickness...
You can't be sowing seed into our lives and be sick,
Therefore I pray for divine intervention right now and Quick recovery to your soul in Jesus name amen.
Thanks for the update I really appreciate
Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 11:59pm On Jul 05, 2020
PLAGIARIZED
EPISODE 11
EPISODE TITLE- Old wrinkled cargo

A MONTH LATER

Listening to the arithmetic beat of the bass feels Anita with warmth. It floods through her blood, almost changing the beat of her heart matching with it's own......, she touch some of the clothes on the rope, noticing they were dry, she shift them to a corner and and began to spread her wet ones..

"What do you think you're doing...."A voice blare out from behind Anita..

Anita quickly spun around with the alertness of the voice only to see mama Uche walking towards her..

"So this is what you do..."Mama Uche said touching the dry clothes Anita shift to a corner...."This is how you remove my clothes and spread your stupid ones when I'm not around...., thank God I'm around today, I wanted to go out but an instinct keeps telling me people like you will find my trouble..., no wonder my clothes are not always dry because people like you are always removing them so they can spread theirs..."

Anita sigh and took out the earpiece from her ears slightly irritated by Mama Uche words but instead of a fist meeting a fist, she let the fist meet a diffuse cloud of calmness...

"Anyone could tell those clothes are dried.."Anita said softly

"Dried you say..., do they look dry to you.?."

"Yes they look dry to me.."Anita retorted trying to hold the calmness in her voice

"So this is what you do.."Mama Uche said..."Take out my clothes when I'm not around so you can spread yours..."

"It's not what I do.."Anita said in defense even knowing fully well it was stupid trying to prove a point to someone like mama Uche.., her total ignorance will shake it off ..."I only did it today because they were dry and I didn't even know the clothes belong to you..."

"I don't blame you.."Mama Uche yabbed brusquely..."Because you're now sleeping around you think..

"I'll take an exception to that..."Anita cut in immediately...."What kind of silly statement is that..?"

"It's exactly what you heard..."Mama Uche retorted.."You girls of nowadays no longer have respect for anyone, all you know how to do best is jump from one man to another.."

"Mama Uche.."Anita call out , her voice carrying a thread of anger she never knew she had inside her..."I'm really..., really trying hard not to disrespect you right now but..

"But what..."Mama Uche cut in tilting her head forward..."But what na..., what will you do.., will you slap me, will you beat me, what will you do....?"

Anita slightly clenched her hands before she swallowed to calm the heat flaming up inside her.., she'll rather prefer to walk away instead of stooping low to her position..., she love absorbing things and then respond more than react, dampened situations rather than adding to the flames.....

"I don't have your time.."Anita said taking her already spread clothes from the rope and dropping them in the bucket on the ground..

"You already got my time o.."Mama Uche blare out..."Everytime people will be saying Mama Uche is looking for trouble whereas you're the ones giving me trouble..."

Anita quickly put back her earpiece, carry the bucket and began to walk away all the way ignoring Mama Uche's insults...

"I so so much detest that woman.."Anita said the moment she entered her room carelessly dropping the bucket....."She's so annoying..."

"What woman.. ?"Susan ask barely raising her face to look at her..

"Who else than that trouble maker.."

Susan dropped the phone and focus her gaze on Anita before her eyes moved to the bucket of clothes..."Didn't you spread the clothes again..?"

"How would I when that trouble maker wouldn't allow me.."

"I don't understand...."Susan said getting intrigued by the discussion.."What did she say to you...?"

"Do you know she started insulting me because I put her dry clothes aside so I can spread mine.."

"Emm.."Susan tilt her head forward, then she put her phone on her pocket and without a word, she wore her slippers, carried the bucket of clothes and was about stepping outside when Anita spoke up..

"Where are you going..?"

Susan ignored the question and stepped outside carrying the bucket of clothes, her forehead puckered with suppressed rage when she saw Mama Uche spreading the already dry clothes on the rope..., Susan ignore Anita's calling, trot towards the rope and mentally snapped..., before Anita could say another word, she dragged all the clothes Mama Uche hung on the rope and everything came clashing with the heap of red sand....

"Ewe ewe ewe.."Mama Uche shouted putting her hand on her head..."What did you just do...., how dare you put my clothes on the floor..?."

Susan glare at her, her gaze falling like an act of violence, Mama Uche visibly wilted before Susan's first clipped word was uttered...

"What did you tell my friend..?"Susan queried, her voice carrying a thread of anger that could burn through mentals..

"I want to know who gave you that dirty right, that ugly audacity to drop my clothes on the floor.., you dey craze...?"

"Mama Uche you're mad.."Susan snapped before realising the words came out harsh but she didn't care, someone needs to put mama Uche in her place..."What do you think you're.., you think because everyone has been keeping you silent, you think we are fools..."

"I see.."Mama Uche yabbed eyeing her..."Because you're now taking the sizes of my husband you think we are mates.."

"Oh please shut up.."

"Kwa me shut up..!"

"Oh yes shut it...."Susan reiterated angrily..."You think we don't know.., you think we don't know you were and still a cheap tramp, two thousand naira kobo kobo.., isn't that why your husband left you, because you were sleeping with all kinds of dirty things on trouser.."

"You're crazy.."Mama Uche yelled

"And you're mad.."Susan yelled back...."Because no one has been talking back at you you think you're a masquerade who scares everyone..., let me warn you, the next time you try this nonsense with me or my friend, the both of us will go to any length to wash our dirty underwear in public..., rubbish..."

"It is your father that you're insulting.."Mama Uche hollered.."Prostitute like you, hopping from one man to another..."

"This prostitute is better than a wannabe old troublemaker..., old wrinkled cargo like you...."Susan sneer as she began spread her clothes

"It is you and your mother that are old wrinkled cargo..., Ewu..."Mama Uche cursed picking up her clothes

"Come and remove the clothes let me see.., nonsense.."

"Susan stop...."Anita cut in.."Don't reduce yourself to her level.."

"My dear I'll reduce myself to anything.."Susan fling back.."Sometime you need to stoop to their level to put them in their place..."

Anita shook her head and watch Mama Uche as she kept pouring out insults while she walks to her house...

"Useless thing.."Susan said harshly.."People want to talk, this old cheap latrine want to start talking too..., we know your story.., useless public hole..., come and talk.., idiot."

"Susan it's okay na.., the neighbours are beginning to look.."

"Let them look o, because I'm more than ready to entertain them with the real live tales of this stupid old robble rouser..., a nonetity claiming to be overboard.."

"Susan it's okay na.."Anita said when Susan dropped the bucket of clothes and was about walking to Mama Uche who was talking back from her doormat..

"Old fool.."Susan yelled while Anita holds her back....

"Susan please stop talking, Henry is here.."Anita said still holding her back, when Susan began to push back so she can confront Mama Uche who was talking back nonstop, Anita had no choice but to signal Henry to hurry up.., Henry did and immediately dragged Susan to the house while Anita undry the clothes, put them back in the bucket and hurried to the room..

"Let me go and talk to that woman.."Susan hollered the moment Anita locked the door

"For what..?"Henry quizzed..."Will you stop, you know very well that woman isn't worth it.."

"She wanted trouble.."Susan blare out.."I'll give her the trouble she's looking for.. "

"Susan please calm down..."Anita said.."Just like he said, she isn't worth your time.."

Susan's breathe came in gasps and quickly she freed herself from Henry's gasp and trot towards the end of the bed..."That good for nothing old and tattered prostitute...."She sneer and pace about trying hard to contain the anger swimming through her...."You people should let me go outside, I need to talk to that idiot.., that fool, that prat and dirty coated clotpole.."

"Well if you go out you won't hear the serious news I have..."Henry said bringing out the novel he folded and placed on his back pocket..

"Wow.."Anita exclaimed when she saw the front cover.."The lores of a woman..., I can't believe it's out already.., why didn't you tell me you already bought it.."She added teasing Henry with a wide smile on her eyes....

"There's nothing more serious than going out and putting that woman in her place..."

Henry ignored her words, open a page of the novel and stretched it out for them to see..."I was going through the novel this morning and guess what I noticed.."

"It's probably too interesting.."Anita chime in.."I can't wait to read it.., God I've been waiting for this..."

"It's your story Anita..."Henry blare out..

Anita flinched, her smile slowly disappearing

"While reading it.."Henry continued.."I noticed I've read something like this and then I remembered it was your story, I quickly referred back to nairaland and it's exactly the same story.., word for word.., the only difference is the title..."

"What story are you talking about...?"Susan ask sharply

"Tamara..."Henry said.."The winner of the contest won with your story.., he plagiarised it..."

With her brain still trying to grasp the information, Anita collected the novel from him and started flipping through pages..."No no No..."She mutter with gritted teeth as she saw the same character names and conversations on Tamara..."This can't be., Henry please if this is a joke, you need to stop it, it's too expensive.."

Restless, Susan snatch the book from Anita and open a page.., she read a few lines and quickly look back at Henry then Anita....."Wait..., I don't understand.., this is Tamara, I remembered where I just opened very well...."

"Exactly what I'm saying.., Samuel, the winner of the contest submitted Tamara and he won with it...., he plagiarised the story, he only changed the title from Tamara to the lores of a woman, everything else is the same.."

"No no.."Anita mutter with pants breathe, the sudden revelation forcefully hitting her back against the door..."This can't be.., it couldn't have been Tamara..."

"Henry please hold on.."Susan said..."Let me get this straight, are you saying, The boy that won the writing contest actually won with Tamara, our own Tamara...?"

"Yes.., that's exactly what I'm saying.."

"I can't believe this..."Anita chimes in.."It's very unbelievable.."

"Anita hold on a bit.."Said Susan dwelling on the possibility of it..."You're saying the boy that won twenty million naira won with Tamara, Anita's Tamara.."

"Susan that's the book with you.., read it.."Henry replied

Susan eyes dropped at the book, then she raised them to face Henry before reverting them to Anita.., a smile curled on her lips before she shouted.."We're rich.."

Henry grunts..."Susan this is serious.., that boy is making money off Anita's work.."

"Exactly why I said we're rich because Samuel or whatever the hell his name is, is going to return every penny he's made from this story..."

Henry scoff.."Be serious.."

"Oh you think I'm not.."Susan said before she close the book and began to strain her eyes on the back of the book, when she didn't find anything meaningful, she opened the book and saw the author's number.., she immediately took her phone out..

"What are you doing..?"Henry ask

Susan ignored him and dial the number on her phone.., she waited impatiently with a sudden rush of anger flooding through every fibre of her skin..., the moment the call connected, a male voice came up from the other end..

"You've reach Samuel.., what can I do you for..?"The male voice ask

Susan's fingers pressed hard against the book before she opened her mouth to talk..."So this is how we're going to start.., you thief..."

PLAGIARIZED.... It's only the beginning..

Thank you all for the well wishes, I really appreciate..

9 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Thebigdream: 7:20am On Jul 06, 2020
The fight begins now

Thanks for the update silver, speedy recovery

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by skubido(m): 7:41am On Jul 06, 2020
I dey gbaduu Susan, like seriously. Like as she no dey carry last..

Oya make d gbege start...

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ann2012(f): 10:54am On Jul 06, 2020
Susan is the kind of babe I like smiley

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 11:28am On Jul 06, 2020
When my mum say 'some people are Characters', I look at susan and see fact in that statement. cheesy
Loving the turn out of things.
hope you're very well now @silver1996. Don't forget to get tested if things get though. Wishing you good health bro.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ibroslank(m): 11:29am On Jul 06, 2020
GOOD WORK

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by do4luv14(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2020
Omo yawa is about to begin....

They should contact the publisher, and teach Sanuel a very bitter lesson

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by shakibell(f): 5:51pm On Jul 06, 2020
no b small gbege go shele

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by purity23(f): 8:09pm On Jul 06, 2020
Susan pls handle Samuel for me

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by sly12345: 9:15pm On Jul 06, 2020
Why do I have this feeling that Susan will die undecided

Get well soon silver

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 12:49am On Jul 07, 2020
Khriztarl:
**Sadly..**
Sam, I don't blame you.
Anita, i don't blame you either. Prize givers, i don't blame you. Anita's brain, it's you i blame. If only you knew how to translate 'TRY LUCK' To Anita's comprehension.
If only silver1996 installed sense to Anita when he created her.
Infact, i blame the money for not knowing it's rightful owner.

why you dey look me? I am vexing that samuel got my baby's prize and you are starring at me. Mtcheew *walks away to get more popcorns*
vex so tey so tey u Blame the money?

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 1:17am On Jul 07, 2020
In an eerie voice, "so this is how we are going to start... u thief"? When I was little, we will say gan gan.

Silver abeg nor sick. Thanks for the updates. Hope you're better now?

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 10:12am On Jul 07, 2020
enirock:
vex so tey so tey u Blame the money?
swr. I don't even know where to start.
where have you been enirock. Missed you o.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 10:13am On Jul 07, 2020
sly12345:

Get well soon silver
haew.. They have come o. Bad vibes.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Debbylicious(f): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2020
It's really been long i came here, i miss every character in this story especially Susan

Silver you're doing well.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ayanfe29(f): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
sly12345:

Get well soon silver

Biko, don't start o. Silver1996 has promised that he won't be killing anyone in this story. Abeg, don't prompt him. Thanks for your usual cooperation.

#TeamNoMoreKillings

2 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Ayanfe29(f): 3:12pm On Jul 07, 2020
Get well soon Silver1996. Take enough water and rest well.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Adekunlated: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2020
The real action has begin, I so much love Susan

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 10:19pm On Jul 07, 2020
Khriztarl:

swr. I don't even know where to start.
where have you been enirock. Missed you o.
Na me miss you pass. You know how the saying goes that a man must be a man, I had to man up to piling responsibilities and not think of how menial it gets to getting them sorted out cos illegality is out of the question,so I had to get my hands dirty so that I can make mummy smile. Thanks for remembering us

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 3:54pm On Jul 08, 2020
enirock:

Na me miss you pass. You know how the saying goes that a man must be a man, I had to man up to piling responsibilities and not think of how menial it gets to getting them sorted out cos illegality is out of the question,so I had to get my hands dirty so that I can make mummy smile. Thanks for remembering us
i gat you.
no worry, one day baba God go smile. Our hustle go pay.

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by enirock(m): 11:47pm On Jul 08, 2020
Khriztarl:

i gat you.
no worry, one day baba God go smile. Our hustle go pay.

Clear road for this lady wey sabi. *dabs my hat to you. Each day we supplicate and work to compliment. It doesn't last forever.

You merit one bottle of fine wine. Since I don't know how to do that, I will keep putting in my prayers as that friend on nairaland with the moniker Khriztarl. God bless dear

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Khriztarl(f): 11:58pm On Jul 08, 2020
enirock:

Clear road for this lady wey sabi. *dabs my hat to you. Each day we supplicate and work to compliment. It doesn't last forever.

You merit one bottle of fine wine. Since I don't know how to do that, I will keep putting in my prayers as that friend on nairaland with the moniker Khriztarl. God bless dear
Amen to those secret prayers. smiley

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by kelvyncruz: 9:37am On Jul 09, 2020
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Gbest90(m): 2:32pm On Jul 09, 2020
Been away for a while.... and I must say I wasn't dissapointed at all.

U got me glued.

Nxt plz!

1 Like

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:37pm On Jul 09, 2020
PLAGIARIZED
EPISODE 12
EPISODE TITLE- Say no to plagiarism

"Pardon.."The male voice said from the other end..

Susan's anger rose up like an impossible build up steam, burning her from the inside..."You thief.. "She reiterated angrily, her voice carrying a thread of tension that moved beyond her inability to think clearly...."You stole my friends story you criminal."She added angrily but before she could utter another foul word, the call dropped and ended and she quickly took the phone from her ear when the call end beep...

"What was that for..?"Henry ask immediately with shrugged shoulders but mouth slightly hung in the air from Susan's earlier outburst

Susan shift her angry look at him but ignored him as she attempt to radial the number but was blinded by a five course serving of rage that tasted bitter upon realising the the receiver's phone has been turned off..

"Susan.."Henry snapped

"He turned the phone off.."Susan retorted as her head spin with vexation, a swelling if vein waiting to explode pop up from the back of her neck, she toss and frown loosing herself to every bit of anger flaring every part of her body....

"He turn off the phone.."Susan reiterated.."This only mean he plagiarised the story.."

In a moments of emotional dumbfoundedness, Anita realise it will take time for her brain to find the words to adequately express what she feel, she let her fingers trace the ragged rough edges of the painting on the wall, she just stared at Susan and Henry open mouthed, her brain formulated no thoughts other than to register that she was shocked and still in shock..., but the painful and bitter truth was there staring blank and daggers at her face., it dawned on her that all she wanted to do is lay down wake up and realise it's all a dream.., but it's too real to be dream, no matter how much she wish it is.., it can't..the reality is here...her story on Nairaland..Tamara was plagiarised and the perpetrator has made millions of naira from it..

"Was he the one who answered the call...?"Henry ask taking the novel from Susan to trace the number she called..

Susan sigh, an attempt in a moment of pique exasperation to calm her nerves..."A guy answered the call and then he ended it and turn the phone off the moment I told him what he is..a thief..."

"Well what did he say..?"Henry ask but quickly realise how stupid the question is.., Susan of course didn't give whoever he is time to speak...

Susan's forehead burrowed, every facial muscles retreating into a frown when she realise how futile it was to keep her calm...."He said nothing.."She said taking her gaze from him....

"So he really did it.."Anita manage to say, her heart beating with the rhythm the words came out from her mouth...."He submitted Tamara and won.."

Susan's face went rigid with the question, her jaw suddenly cramping tight.., she hates it when someone works hard for something and someone from nowhere just come and reap the good of what he never sowed..

Henry swallowed before words gently leap out from his mouth..."Yes.."

Anita crunched down, a momentary flare of anger and shock rubbing at her face, the information was too large and chaotic for her head to take...

"We have to do something.."Susan said clenching her fist at her side...."Every penny he made and still making from Tamara, we need to take it back...."

Henry exhale, his finger involuntarily wiping the bottom of his nose.., a sniff follow before he opened his mouth to talk..."And you think he's just going to give Anita the money..., I've watched his interview with Daily Express..., he told the whiole world he wrote Tamara...."

"Well we're just going to change what he said.."Susan retorted..."We can't just let him steal Anita's hardwork and get away with it.."

"You're forgetting Anita gave Tamara out for free..., she post it on nairaland.."

"And so what..!"Susan hollered..."She didn't give anyone the right to steal her story and submit for a writing contest.., Samuel is a thief and at such should be punished.."

"There is no law against plagiarism.."Said Henry..

"So you're suggesting we just let it go and let that thief enjoy the benefits of Anita's hardwork..?"

"I'm not saying that.."

"Then what are you saying...?"Susan queried

Henry sigh..."Samuel is now a celebrity.., zee soap even made him an ambassador, he has fans and he has money.., anything we say now will be useless, people will deem us liars.."

Susan grit, every spoken word from Henry was like gasoline to the fire inside her...."Look Henry if you don't want to help, it's understandable.....

"What do you mean I don't want to help..."Henry cut in..."I want to help, I'm just saying what we'll be dealing with if we say anything contrary to whatever Samuel had told the whole world.."

"What he told the whole world is a lie.."Susan fling back.."And if saying the truth makes us liars then so be it...."

"Whatever we say won't even bring Anita any money.."Henry said

"How do you even know that when we haven't done anything..?"

"Because I know people Susan and that boy Samuel won't give Anita a dine.."

"I don't want the money..."Anita chimes in, her voice sounding calm than she thought.."I just want the whole world to know Samuel isn't the author of the story..."

"Yes the whole world will know that.."Susan replied immediately.."But we are also taking every dine he has made from that story.., that money he won belongs to you.."

"Thank you for coming Mr Samuel..."The M.D of coastal collection said..

Samuel smile..."A pleasure to meet and converse with you sir.."

"Please think about what we discussed..."The M.D said

"Sure, I'll give you a reply as soon as I come up with a decision.., do have a nice day sir.."

"You too.."

Samuel maintained his smile but it quickly disappeared the moment he spun around and departed from the M.D, he walked towards his new car that was given to him by zee soap as their brand ambassador..., he was living the life he has always thought of.., the life of a rich kid who accords respect wherever he enters...

"Welcome sir.."His driver said to him before he opened the backseat door for him to enter...

Samuel nodded and entered the backseat of the car, he quickly unloose his tie, remove the suit jacket and threw it on the chair..., the silver gray Mercedes cruised down the freeway, travelling south. Samuel relaxed in the back passenger seat with so much soft leather around him that he could barely hear the 389 horsepower, 6-liter engine......, he thought about all his achievements since he won the writing contest, favours and contracts has been flying his way no stop, and little by little he was getting to the top...

"Put on some soft music.."He said to the driver who quickly did as he was told..

It wasn't long before he got to his grand apartment, he came out of the vehicle after it was stopped and parked.., he look around a bit before he head towards his house door, he didn't bother to knock because he knows Festus will be sleeping like he is been doing for the past one month.., if Festus hadn't been with him from the beginning, he would have threw him out.., but he knows too much, as far as the world is concern, Festus is the only one who knows he stole someone else story to win the grand prize.....

He kick a throw pillow from his way as he walked into the house, the plates he had left on the dinning were still there as he had left it, he's of the idea of getting a housemaid since Festus was so lazy to do anything worthful....

He trot towards his large executive master bedroom, it was more like the builders knows his taste and they did accordingly, his head pickled with a frown when he saw Festus sleeping on his bed....

"Festus..."He called out but no reply came.., a bit irritated, he sluggisly walked towards the bed and woke him up...

"Don't you have your room..?"He queried the moment Festus opened his eyes..

Festus yawned and and made an attempt to sleep back but Samuel hit him again...

"Allow me na..."Festus snapped

"Allow you what..?"Samuel fling back.."Go to your room man.., I have things to do here..."

"I think that includes quenching a fire that's about burning..."

"What fire..?"Samuel ask leaving him to the wardrobe...

"Someone called your phone.."Festus said reaching for the phone....

"Did he call for business...?"Samuel ask not bothering to face him.

"No.., it was a she.."

Samuel turn his face to him.."What does she want..?"

"She called you a thief..."

Samuel eyes widened before he refocus on the wardrobe...."What else did she call me..?"

"Samuel this is serious.., she was sounding angry.., I think she's the true owner of the story.."

"What story...?"Samuel ask looking back at him..

"Tamara..aka Lores of a woman.."

Samuel scoffs...."Did she say she's the owner of the story..?"

"No.., I ended the call and turn the phone off before she could say anything else..."

"Well maybe it's a wrong number.."Samuel replied facing the wardrobe again

"Do you think so..?"Festus said as he walk towards him, he turned on the phone and waited for it to setup.., when it was set, he clicked on the call recorder and played the conversation to his hearing...

Samuel sigh thinking of the possibility of it...."I'm now a celebrity Festus.., people will always say bad things about me.., that's the life of a celebrity.."

"So you aren't going to call the number back and warn her..?"

"No.."Samuel said..."That will be stooping to her level."

"What if she's the one who wrote Tamara...?"

"Even if she's the one Festus, there's nothing she can do to me now.., nobody will even believe her if she comes out and start talking trash...., you know why Festus, it's because I'm here at the top and she's at the bottom..she's totally irrelevant, so stop wasting your breathe on her.."

"Okay.."Festus said walking back to sit on the bed.."How was the meeting..?"

Samuel sigh as his head revisit the discussion..."That's what I'm pondering over now.., they want me to write a story for them..."

"How much are they willing to offer...?"

"They want to partner with me.., we'll divide the profits 60/40"

"Who's 60?"

"Them.."

"And what was your answer..?"

"I told them I'll think about it...."

"You should have told them 50/50..."

"I could but that isn't even the issue.., the issue now is, if I say yes, I'll have to find a story to give to them..."

"Then find one.."

"From where..?"

"Nairaland.."

"Have you been to nairaland lately..., there are so many incomplete stories there.."

"Get an incomplete one and complete it yourself.., better a half bread than none..."

"Sometimes you talk like you have no sense..."

"This senseless person is giving you a good advice..."

Samuel chuckle..."Why would I be taking advice from a senseless person...?."

"Because..."Festus dragged between his teeth but got interrupted by the ringtone of the phone.., his eyebrow raised as he quickly noticed the number calling ...."She's calling again.."

"Who..?"

"The girl I told you called earlier.."

"Answer it and put it on speaker..."

Festus exhale, hesitated a bit before he answered the call..."Hello..."

"So you finally decided to put the phone on.."Susan sneer from the other end..

"Who's this..?"Festus ask

"This is the person you stole her story you thief...."

Festus eyes widened as he exchange glances with Samuel...

"You think by stealing a story that doesn't belong to you and using it to win the grand prize will make you rich..."Susan's voice came again.."That is your dead point you trashy thing from the pit of hell.."

"You're making a mistake.."Festus cut in.."This is a wrong number.."

"You can lie all you want..."Susan sneer from the other end.."I only want you to know that we'll make sure the whole world knows you stole Tamara..., you plagiarised someone's else story and made it yours..., you...

Festus quickly ended the call and turn the phone off...."Did you hear that..., she's damn serious on ruining you..., what are we going to do...?"

"He turn off the phone again.."Susan said with frown lines encroaching on her face....

"From the way you talked to him, he ought to end the call.."Henry said unfolding his hands

"We have to do what we've discussed Anita..."Said Susan.."Are you ready..?"

Anita took a deep breathe, her head still trying to figure the whole weight of what is going on...., she huff before she opened her mouth to talk.."Yes..."

"Are you sure you can do this..?"Henry ask her..

"What do you mean if she can.."Susan said.."You said it yourself, Samuel have the public supporting him.., this is the only way we can garner our own public support.."

'I'm ready.."Anita chimes in..

"On the count of three..."Susan said as she open the video camera..."One..., two.., three.."

Anita sneak in a deep breathe before she opened her mouth to talk.."My name is Anita, I've been writing stories for long and I've been posting these stories on nairaland, one of my story I titled Tamara was plagiarised by someone who recently became popular, his name is Samuel Okweche, he plagiarised my story, change the title to lores of a woman and he submitted it for the writing contest.., he won and now he's enjoying the fruits of my labour, he has manage to fool the whole world that the story is his but it's not, the story is mine and he stole it, if you don't believe me you can go to nairaland, my username is humblegirl, you'll see the story there I titled it Tamara, read it and you'll know it's the same as lores of a woman..., Samuel is a thief and if you're watching this video, share it until it gets to the whole world, let's join hands and stop plagiarism....., say no to plagiarism..."

TBC

14 Likes

Re: PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning) by Silver1996(m): 4:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
Thebigdream:
The fight begins now

Thanks for the update silver, speedy recovery
Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (50) (Reply)

Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / Blood For Blood:a Tale Of Treachery / A Story: Broken Vows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.