Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,708 members, 7,831,214 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War (8792 Views)

20 Pounds: Igbos Know Yourself And Don't Beg Anyone[photos ] / Did Awolowo Truely Gave Biafran 20 Pounds After The War / From 20 Pounds After The War To Such Success ! Igbo Amaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:41am On May 05, 2020
mrvitalis:

EU can't seize money of British people in Europe Union banks ...they still have access to their money simple

You can't seize peoples money in your bank cos they separated
Who seized money? How can you seize what never existed. How many Nigerians had bank accounts then. More importantly, no money was seized. The currency was changed while the war was on which rendered any money in the bank not claimed before the change came into effect valueless.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by omonnakoda: 9:47am On May 05, 2020
Not one . I repeat not one Ibo man's ever come forward with a bank document to say I had X pounds in Bank A and they refused to give me my money not one.

Ojukwu never made such a claim till he died
Achebe never wrote about this

How believable is that?

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by PHAYOL81: 10:23am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
this is the funniest comment i have ever read! aside lagos and maybe ogun,which other south west state is doing well? do you no that 60 to 70% of investements in lagos is either own by foreigners or federal government,how many indegenous (yoruba) companies are in lagos? the truth is yorubas are scared to compete with others outside their region,thats why they dnt like traveling...if they are comfortable in their region,they wont be toping the population in those contries u metioned,take fulanis as an instance dey control nigeria hence they dont fancy traveling out.

First of, how do you come up with the 60-70% stats? What's the source? And remind me how many rich folks of yoruba background you know in the whole of Nigeria aside from the usual... the Adeleke, the Lanre Shittu, the Adenuga, the Otedola, the Alakijas, the who else? Do you care to name three more? Perhaps, I hold on on this for your reply before we continue over this business penetration of the Yorubas.

How are the yoruba scared of competition and who told you they don't travel? You know the reason why most local Fuji stars (Kwam 1, Abass Obesere, Ayuba, Pasuma, Osupa, Barrister -God bless his soul- and Kollington to name a few) frequented and did so many shows in the USA, CANADA, ITALY, GERMANY, UK, ABIDJAN, SPAIN, HOLLAND et all back in the days? It was because of the large concentration of yoruba population in all these areas and it has even improved in numbers today because many more had moved. That they don't often run into the net of the authourities to blow the reality of their existence in those countries out of the water doesn't mean they are not always there.

And mind you, check all these markets and you'll find different tribes dominating different sections. The Idumota has some many sect of Yorubas in good proportion to challenge any other in Cutleries, Clothings and Fabrics, Shoes, Jewelries and Accessories, Provisions, Sauces and Spices, Watches and Clocks, Creams and Make-up kits, etc. In some (if not many) Yoruba dominated. Now, go round all tha markets on the Island and see how many yorubas are in wealth. Go to Adeniji, the Oke-Arins, the Balogun, the Idumota, the Ereko, the Tom Jones, the Docemo, Pedro Street, etc and see the numbers of yoruba in importation. Do you know the Ojo has many markets than just the Alaba? Is trade fair the only market aound the mile2- Festac axis? What about Owode Onirin and what about Mushin? Is it only Ladipo? And even though, the markets dominated among them has an unmistakable presence of yorubas in them so as the ones dominated by the yorubas has unmistakable presence of other tribes, not Igbos alone? So how come Yoruba are not competitive? You should do a thorough investigation into these market before you jump at your competition illusion and Abia-made statistics.

Well, to respond to your conclusion, the yorubas also seek better opportunities like any other nationals all over the world so comfortability doesn't come into play here. At least, everybody has a target and you can't be comfortable until you meet your target. That's why the Chinese are her in the first place. They see oppoertunites in the land, and come around to tap into it. Kudos to the yorubas for creating such an atmosphere.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by PHAYOL81: 10:35am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:

I think there should be age restrictions before people are allowed to comment on politics section. Children should go play in the romance and education sections. But I owe it to the country to educate you.

The war wasn't fought in the west but there were documented attacks on easterners in Lagos before they left to Biafra. People mugged Igbos and other south south tribes openly in Lagos markets and traffic. The identifying factor was if you are looking "too fair, you will be accosted and forced to speak yoruba or they rough you up. People were beaten and sometimes robbed in plain sight in daylight. Some who came to work were advised to go back to the east for their own safety by Yoruba friends. This was in 1966, the Igbos never came back to withdraw any money until the war broke out.

In your second paragraph, the war was revving up but the Eastern region which comprised of the South East and most of the south south never returned to Lagos and the north because of the possibility of more killings as was witnessed before. That was the period Ojukwu was making every attempt to stop the war, that was when two historic events happened, the Aburi accord and the Ahiara declaration.

I may not argue with you over the few harrassments that happened at the time but that was patently while the war was ongoing on the other side, check your record. It wasn't before. The war didn't broke out all of a sudden, there were arguments, threats and warnings from authourities from both parties and there were preparations. Ojokwu didn't create the Bank and money during the war, it was before; so there was time to move whatever was necessary hence the reason why I pointed that unless the person wasn't paying attention or decide not to see the reality f it coming when his people had already began making plans..

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 10:36am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
please google the busiest market in west africa,screen shot the answer and post it here,till then i dnt have strenght for lame argument....waiting!!

Wikipedia. It was written by one of you. Bring another source.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Sagay212: 10:54am On May 05, 2020
Nobody give two phucks about some 20pounds given to anybody. The govt wanted to be father Christmas, that's why they dashed them. Left for me, they should have gone to hold their ojuiku scammer for the money they donated to him and he absconded with disguised as a woman( such a weak phucking coward).

It's the same thing the useless kanu is doing. Hiding somewhere outside the country and deceiving the gullible ipods to donate money to him. When the scammer is done with his magas, they will come.back and start wailing and crying about how people hate and envy them.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by oyatz(m): 11:45am On May 05, 2020
You are giving answers to questions that were never asked with PERSONAL invectives.

I corrected your wrong comparison in which you were comparing internal migration with expatriate International migration.

I am NOT against Nigerian citizens living in ANY parts of Nigeria. For that is the reason we are one country.

However I am against tribal bigots distorting well known universal theories about human migrations to suit their infantile inter-tribal contests or unnecessary gloating about buying other people's ancestral homelands (which is invariably false).

As per your abuses...It just shows who you are.

gwafaeziokwu:

Look at this one his sisters are all over different parks in Igboland selling Agbo and jedijedi in plastic bottles.

Mofo that his mothers move around Onitsha under hot sun 2 months old baby strapped to her back hawking all manner of mixture and soap. Every market in Igbo land have Ogbo ndi Yoruba where all kinds of charms can be bought and sold.

Don't get me started on your tailors and other menial job workers renting houses inside Igbo villages scavenging for works the more illustrious natives left behind for others to do.

You accuse Igbos of chest beating yet you wrote that rubbish up there. Nonsense!

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by oyatz(m): 11:50am On May 05, 2020
Where did I mention 'Igbo' in my post?

Is it only Igbos that sell things in traffic hold ups? Aren't there Yoruba or Calabar women moving from smaller towns to Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja or Kano to huzzle?

So there are no Yoruba successful traders?

Must every ethnic group behave and engage in trade exactly like your ethnic group?

Must everybody become shop owners? Most Nigerians that are successful in life also stared small and work their way up the socio-ecnomic ladder.

Are shop owners more hardworking or more successors than school proprietors or Planks sellers?

Nigeria is a Nation in emergence. Different ethnic groups play or dominate different sectors of the economy and each play critical roles in what look like division of labour.

Traders are NOT necessarily more hardworking, smarter or more intelligent than other people.

Smoke55:
hahahaha so every igbo in lagos or sw hawked gala and ear piece before making it? your question should be how come those igbos that hawked gala and phone accessories become shop owners withing 2yrs,its called economic exploit,do you no that a rich yoruba business man cant succeed in main market? it simple he cant compete!
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Stan2330(m): 3:01pm On May 05, 2020
LegendHero:

In all this, rather than face the North that caused the misfortune on Igbos during those dark time, you guys will be blaming the Yorubas.

You ganged up and killed Western region premier and other Yoruba top military guys. The North retaliated and massacred a lot in their domain while the Yorubas chose not to do that. You Igbos were safe in the west during those period but YET Yoruba is your enemy.

Col. Banjo fought for Biafra and led the advance that captured mid-west. Just because he was not able to advance through Ore axis, Ojukwu had to frame him up and ended his life. Yet Yoruba is the enemy.

After the war, the people you call brothers in Port-Hacort seized your houses while the Yorubas in the West gave you back your properties and even collected some of the house rent and gave it to the owners after the war. Yet, Yoruba is the enemy.

Hear this, the time of being politically correct has ended and the Yorubas will no more care about other people feeling. I don’t care what happened in that war and I will still say Ojukwu did not plan well before declaring that war. Even if the war is inevitable, he should at least plan well and gather the required alliance and supplies to prosecute that war. Rather he resorted to chest beating and telling the international press that he will crush Nigeria in few month. The same fake boasting the Igbos always do till now.

Why will a leader use propaganda to lead his people to the slaughterhouse? His strategy is wack. He depended on the stolen Nigeria pounds and he forgot the fact that the Nigeria side can change their currency. After that, he failed to secure a route for food for his people knowing well that the SE can’t feed itself in that war. He willingly kill his people coz of ego.

It got to a point where Azikwe has to severe ties with him and even started calling Ojukwu a rebel in the international press. Coz the young Ojukwu was busy wasting the life of his brethren in a war that was already lost. He later ran off after all those atrocities and still came to contest for the presidential election of a nation he fought against. Where is the honor in that?

I see sense in ur post. The yoruba are not the enemy of igbo instead they have been the unrecognized backbone....if the igbos want to blame, they should blame the SS and the north.... unfortunately, nnamdi kanu is following the same path of insulting the yoruba with his useless chest beating..
For me, the only way Biafra can be realized is forming ally with the yoruba outside that he is just chasing wind

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Stan2330(m): 3:13pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

You are not smart at all. Who is debating Awolowo release with you.

Gowon not Ojukwu set the ball rolling for a final showdown with the east.

First he was not the most senior officer , Ogundipe cowardly abdicated his responsibility in a typical Afonja manner.

He could not give nor enforce simple order to stop the pogrom that lasted for 5 whole months. 30,000 Igbo civilians died in the north and other parts of Nigeria because Gowon could not bring the military under control. He was incompetent.

He watched on as Igbo officers were rounded up and killed in all the barracks in Nigeria by blood thirsty Northern officers. That was when our military died.

For months he refused to support the eastern region who were facing humongous humanitarian crisis resulting from mass return of Ndigbo majority of who were injured or dying.

There was no pretense of leadership from him, Ojukwu was all alone trying to calm his people, believing that a solution will be at hand.

Aburi presented an opportunity to settle every issue and return to Nigeria to path of progress. Ojukwu came prepared but puppet Gowon came to such historic meeting without any official government position. Later on he will tell the press that he thought it was about chatting and laughing with the Igbos ( how dumb). 30,000 civilians are dead and you expected Ojukwu to join your jamboree?

Finally, did they agree on terms? yes! Who broke the Aburi accord Gowon. Then to rub it in he decided to divide Ojukwu domain into 2 states, in what will prove the final straw in the long list of provocations.

I took my time to write this so that people you are meant to deceive will get full gist.

Till tomorrow, I still thank God that Gowon is alive to witness the result of his bad governance on his ppl... The choices we make now may not affect us directly, but it must surely tell on our children

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by leokid866: 5:12pm On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

You are ranting and raving for nothing.

Ndigbo are not interested in the cowardly Afonja leader who found a one in a life time opportunity to payback his political foes with dumb policy that ended up exterminating children.

We won't be blackmailed by history revisionists who suddenly forgot that Gowon not Ojukwu set the ball rolling for a showdown with the east.

I should blame Ojukwu for drawing a line in eastern borders and assuring every Igbo that survived the pogrom from all over the nation of his determination to keep them safe but glorify Awo that made sure that more died from blockade than the pogrom?

There is nothing glorious about a coward that fought a war with children.

Sympathy from Yorubas? Eternal cowards that jump each time they are reminded about the atrocities of their god.

Chinua Achebe 's book drilled a final nail to the coffin of your pretense. Since then the centre could no longer hold. You have realised that Igbos will never forgive nor forget.

Just like he famously said " if you don't like my historic account, write yours!

Please were we the ones who asked ojukwu to draft children into the army? When those children caught Nigerian Army men some of which were Yorubas did they not slaughter them? Oga get of your sentiments and face reality......if the tables were turned i can bet my left nut you will be shouting ojukwu praise.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Cherez: 7:22am On May 06, 2020
helinues:

Chai, it pained you ..

Talk true grin cool
Lol
Is it about pain now?
I'll reply you, I'm not pained one bit cos as far as I'm.concerned the Igbos have risen from that war.
Till date, they are not worse on any indices in the country despite their undue advantage and where they are coming from.
I'm not pained but thankful to GOD

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LP, PDP Kick As US Report Says 2023 Poll Reflected Nigerians’ Will / I Applaud Chilean Government Efforts On Miners - Can This Happen In Nigeria? / Remi Tinubu Set For Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.