Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War (8830 Views)

20 Pounds: Igbos Know Yourself And Don't Beg Anyone[photos ] / Did Awolowo Truely Gave Biafran 20 Pounds After The War / From 20 Pounds After The War To Such Success ! Igbo Amaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 4:14am On May 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Ojukwu got the money for the arms and ammunition from Awolowo, Gowon and your parents. Does this answer your question?

Very befitting reply

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by googi: 4:15am On May 05, 2020
Why give only Igbo 20 pounds when other regions also suffered?

Some suffered twice from both sides.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Yebosola(m): 4:16am On May 05, 2020
Uhmmm, after going through the 4 pages of this thread, I painfully discovered that, as it was in 1966 , so it is now, and so shall it b till kingdom comes, most of the comments here are from youths who never witness the war, the comments was based on history and hear says regurgitated, Easterner never learned anything, the way Ojukwu threw them under the bus then is what Kanu is working on again, the hatred witnessed on this thread was beyond reasoning, Igbos attitude towards their host neighbors repulsive.

6 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 4:16am On May 05, 2020
OgboAto:

They're generally emotional & stupid

Just like you
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 4:21am On May 05, 2020
Yebosola:
Uh[s]mmm, after going through the 4 pages of this thread, I painfully discovered that, as it was in 1966 , so it is now, and so shall it b till kingdom comes, most of the comments here are from youths who never witness the war, the comments was based on history and hear says regurgitated, Easterner never learned anything, the way Ojukwu threw them under the bus then is what Kanu is working on again, the hatred witnessed on this thread was beyond reasoning, Igbos attitude towards their host neighbors repulsive[/s].

Go and sleep, Mr host. If you had left them alone in 1967, there would have been no need to host them. They left everything and came back home ready to start afresh. Yet , for 3 years you committed atrocities to have them back. Today you are crying about nonsense.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Difrent: 6:03am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:
"This would mean that before an Igbo man would leave Kaduna, Lagos or Ibadan, he would have withdrawn all his money before crossing into Biafra."

I stopped reading at this point, I have never read such hogwash in all my life grin grin

I have a question for the OP, in the days leading to the mile 12 massacre of Yorubas by Fulanis in Lagos in 2015, how many of you withdrew all their money before fleeing all the way to Mowe and walking to Ibadan on foot?

Answer Me First grin

This is the dumbest thing I will read onnairaland this year.

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Difrent: 6:08am On May 05, 2020
gwafaeziokwu:

Go and sleep, Mr host. If you had left them alone in 1967, there would have been no need to host them. They left everything and came back home ready to start afresh. Yet , for 3 years you committed atrocities to have them back. Today you are crying about nonsense.

Revisionist
If your young military boys had not killed the leaders of other regions while tipping off their own eastern leaders, we won't have 1967......this is the beginning of bad blood and it was orchestrated by nnamdi azikwe and Co because they were not allowed to be leaders in the west.... Who would want to rule in the west and appoint his deputy to rule in the east if not a greedy bastard like Zik

6 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 6:19am On May 05, 2020
Cherez:

Exactly how you love the thread like others that attacked Igbos.
Oga, there's COVID-19 and right thinking humans are searching for cures or seeking how to help the poor but you're here with you N30k allowance searching for arguments against facts?
Be useful with your life at least

Chai, it pained you ..

Talk true grin cool

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 6:45am On May 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What he's saying is that you travel to places that hold better economic promise for you than where you are presently.
in other words nigeria hold better economic promise than us,china,britain and co? if not why do we have them in nigeria?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 7:00am On May 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

In the north, majority of artisans and vocational jobs are held by Yorubas. After that, Yorubas have the highest population in the best economies in the world from Nigeria. Go to US, UK, Canada, Germany. Yorubas are the highest population of Nigerians there.
this is the funniest comment i have ever read! aside lagos and maybe ogun,which other south west state is doing well? do you no that 60 to 70% of investements in lagos is either own by foreigners or federal government,how many indegenous (yoruba) companies are in lagos? the truth is yorubas are scared to compete with others outside their region,thats why they dnt like traveling...if they are comfortable in their region,they wont be toping the population in those contries u metioned,take fulanis as an instance dey control nigeria hence they dont fancy traveling out.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 7:03am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:
"This would mean that before an Igbo man would leave Kaduna, Lagos or Ibadan, he would have withdrawn all his money before crossing into Biafra."

I stopped reading at this point, I have never read such hogwash in all my life grin grin

I have a question for the OP, in the days leading to the mile 12 massacre of Yorubas by Fulanis in Lagos in 2015, how many of you withdrew all their money before fleeing all the way to Mowe and walking to Ibadan on foot?

Answer Me First grin

Although you may have a point as per the crap the op said concerning withdrawing money under the threat of death, but the analogy you followed it up with should enter the Guinness Book of Records for the dumbest and greatest off the mark comparison ever made.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Cherez: 7:23am On May 05, 2020
LegendHero:

It was Eastern Region bro and that coup slaughtered majorly people from the Northern and Western Region. It paved the way for Ironsi to take over and some Igbos even went further and mocked the Hausa/Fulanis with the dead picture of their fallen hero in that coup.

Gowon that commanded the war is from the middle belt but yet we always call them Northerner. Infact a large percentage of the middle belt guys fought that war and yet we always term them as Northerner. I’m trying to show you that your argument about Nzeogwu being SS is weak. The main issue is that they killed all leaders of the other zones except the East and Ironsi became the Leader.

The first thing that drove me nuts was how Ojukwu after knowing he took a hasty decision used Awolowo (food rhetorics) as the cover up for his failure. He used Awo as the cover for his failure coz he feared the Igbos will blame him for that loss if they subject that war to critical thinking.

He sold the dummy that we were defeated coz of Awolowo and hence Yorubas are our enemy. He sold the BS to his people that Awo refused to give them food and they do no not question him as to why he depended on his enemy for food in the first place.

I don’t say you shouldn’t celebrate your heroes, but my own grievances is how you guys think you deserve any sympathy from us for what happened. We have none to give and I hope you don’t also show us any sympathy.

That’s fair enough!
Funny you
Ojukwu used Awo as a cover up?
May I get your source? Bros, Ojukwu never called out Awo.
He had his failures and I've read his own account and the only people he called out was the British who came with an oil-deal proposal.
Who told you the SE resorted to Nigeria then for food?
Bros, they were loosing and food storage were bombarded with bombs already and all food imports was banned. The British had world power and assisted with this, there's no argument Biafra needed food from Nigeria at all; get your facts right. Food came from Togo & some other African countries especially by Red Cross.

Now you resort to Eastern Region, no longer Igbos?
Bros, stop being funny and bigoted.
Bros if you go through my arguement you will understand the war wasn't my issue nor the retaliatory coup as I see the coup which killed Ironsi as "justified" my issue was why the pogrom?
You said Igbos mocked Great Sar'duana, right? Same game you guys play till date; GEJ had it tough and the hate against him was much (mind you I voted against GEJ in 2015 for PMB though I never supported the hate speeches against him) and today you call any anti-PMB stance hate that even the media was clamped down for promoting hate for call-ins?
You guys now behave as if you were not the proponents of the hate. Yes, there was animosity already between Igbos & the Hausas and Sar'duana made it plain. When he died, he was mocked by Igbos no doubt.
I've never made a case for Ironsi nor the coup plotters as I see the murder of Sar'duana and wife eutess and wicked.
Are you aware that T. Y. DANJUMA was also Irinsi's right hand man? The coup also had other tribes but the only issue they also had with the coup was just 1 Igboman was murdered which I believe again was a funny move and the counter-coup justified.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Agboriotejoye(m): 7:59am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
this is the funniest comment i have ever read! aside lagos and maybe ogun,which other south west state is doing well? do you no that 60 to 70% of investements in lagos is either own by foreigners or federal government,how many indegenous (yoruba) companies are in lagos? the truth is yorubas are scared to compete with others outside their region,thats why they dnt like traveling...if they are comfortable in their region,they wont be toping the population in those contries u metioned,take fulanis as an instance dey control nigeria hence they dont fancy traveling out.
If you say 60% to 70% of investments in Lagos is owned by foreigners and FG, it means Yoruba owns 40% which means they're still doing well considering the mix that make up that 60% you mentioned. FG, other nationals, other tribes within Nigeria is a very large mix you'll agree.

You're contradicting yourself if you say they're scared to compete but still agree that they have the highest population in the midst developed economies outside Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:02am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
in other words nigeria hold better economic promise than us,china,britain and co? if not why do we have them in nigeria?
What is the ratio of Americans in Nigeria compared to Nigerians in America. Is it because Americans are lazy that we have more Nigerians in the US than we have Americans in Nigeria. It's simple. Economic migration is done in search of better opportunities. The US can offer more Nigerians better opportunities than Nigeria can offer Americans

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by oyatz(m): 8:08am On May 05, 2020
That was the proganda you were fed on till now.

1) It wasn't the responsibility of Awolowo or Nigeria to supply food to Biafra.
Awolowo wasn't the Minister of Agriculture of Biafra.

2) Nigeria had a legitimate right to determine what goes in and out of her territory. Every sovereign Country have this right.

It is based on this right that Israel, an ally of Biafran imposed on total blockade of the Gaza strip such that today, Gaza has technically become the largest open prison in the world.

3) Purely on humanitarian ground, the Nigerian Government opened a safe corridor for Red Cross and other International Agencies to transport food and medicines to the starving masses of Biafria but Ojukwu rejected this offer , insisting on being allowed to air lift foods from Sao Tome & Principle, a coded mean of smuggling arms into Biafra.

4) The land, Sea and Air blockade caused Biafria to capituate and the mindless war ended.

Without this method , the civil war would have lasted for at least 10 years with more millions of people dieing unnecessary and huge resources wasted.

5) Next time when you want to go to Biafra war-11, sit down and plan adequately with worst case scenario like;

What if the coastal territories do go with Biafran? Never assume they will.

Do we have enough money to prosecute the war? Do we have ready-made resources to exchange for weapons or secure the support of the superpowers?

War an expensive project through human history and no Superpower will like to diminish her status by siding the losing side. Western countries only support the side where they can gain something from.

Do we have enough weapons to face our opponents?
Who are our allies and our opponents?

Build Silos in all your major cities and store foods that can last for at least 4 years.

Set aside a regiment in charge of food , including production, storage and distribution. Let them start raising different species of fowls , Turkey and ducks to supply protein within months.

Don't EVER assume your opponent will cooperate with you to win

#NEVER find your self in a position that you will be at the mercy of your opponent.

I wish you good luck.

May all the souls that died during the civil war resp in peace.
May God forgive us all and heal our land. Amen.

gwafaeziokwu:

That is the fact I want you to swallow.

You deployed the tactics of killing 2 million children of your opponents in order to force their hand and win the war ( however unconventional it was) , and then declared that all is fair in war.

Why do you lots then have problem with Chinua Achebe writing the obvious in his last bullet to a failed nation.

Why the summersaults of denials and name callings till this day. What exactly are you afraid of.

You needed to starve 2 million children to death in order to win the war fine, why don't you own up to that tragedy.

The truth is that you lots were beginning to get away with the borrowed pretentious robe of saints with no hand in the tragedy against Igbos between 1966 -1970. Until Achebe jolted everyone to reality.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 8:10am On May 05, 2020
Difrent:

Revisionist
If your young military boys had not killed the leaders of other regions while tipping off their own eastern leaders, we won't have 1967......this is the beginning of bad blood and it was orchestrated by nnamdi azikwe and Co because they were not allowed to be leaders in the west.... Who would want to rule in the west and appoint his deputy to rule in the east if not a greedy bastard like Zik

You mean these young officers?

Lt. Fola Oyewole
Lt. O. Olafemiyan
Capt Adeleke
Lt.R. Egbiko
Lt. Tijani Katsina
Lt. Saleh Dambo
Lt. john Atom Kpera

And not to forget Major. Ademoyega. The chief coupist who initiated and planned the whole thing with Nzeogwu
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Kennyswag: 8:14am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
what will yorubas be looking for in SE? Same place I have been to..
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by oyatz(m): 8:15am On May 05, 2020
Do you see citizens of the US, China, UK or France coming to hawk phone charger or Lacasera in Nigieria? How many European citizens do you see putting a pack of gala on their heads , running after moving cars in traffic hold ups in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja or Kaduna?

How many Chinese or American citizens are trooping to Nigeria to huzzle?

The richest Americans work and live in America.

Please read the Push-and-Pull theory of human migration.

Smoke55:

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:17am On May 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

What is the ratio of Americans in Nigeria compared to Nigerians in America. Is it because Americans are lazy that we have more Nigerians in the US than we have Americans in Nigeria. It's simple. Economic migration is done in search of better opportunities. The US can offer more Nigerians better opportunities than Nigeria can offer Americans
so you believe americans in nigeria are here for economic opportunities(exploit),while the igbos in SW are there because their land is barren and incondusive? the same reasons while we dnt have many westerners in china is the same reason why we dnt have south westerners in south east.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by DesChyko: 8:26am On May 05, 2020
The attacks on Biafra though.
Igbos rise from the ashes like phoenix.
Spill these 'insignificant' narrations all you want.
It would have died then if it was that easy to kill. It isn't.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:26am On May 05, 2020
oyatz:
Do you see citizens of the US, China, UK or France coming to hawk phone charger or Lacasera in Nigieria? How many European citizens do you see putting a pack of gala on their heads , running after moving cars in traffic hold ups in Lagos, Ibadan, Abuja or Kaduna?

hahahaha so every igbo in lagos or sw hawked gala and ear piece before making it? your question should be how come those igbos that hawked gala and phone accessories become shop owners withing 2yrs,its called economic exploit,do you no that a rich yoruba business man cant succeed in main market? it simple he cant compete!

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:28am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
so you believe americans in nigeria are here for economic opportunities(exploit),while the igbos in SW are there because their land is barren and incondusive? the same reasons while we dnt have many westerners in china is the same reason why we dnt have south westerners in south east.
Most Americans in Nigeria are in the upper class of life. They are mostly employers of labour and where employed, occupy the best positions in the org. I'm sure you'll agree that majority of Igbo in the SW and even north are into small businesses with no more than two or three employees (if any). It's that scale that is the difference. Like I said, you can compare the ratio of Americans in Lagos to that of Igbo

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:32am On May 05, 2020
Kennyswag:
what will yorubas be looking for in SE? Same place I have been to..
apart what will yoruba be looking for in the south south and north! hahahahaha apart from the east,are yorubas in the north or south?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 8:34am On May 05, 2020
oyatz:
That was the proganda you were fed on till now.

1) It wasn't the responsibility of Awolowo or Nigeria to supply food to Biafra.
Awolowo wasn't the Minister of Agriculture of Biafra.

2) Nigeria had a legitimate right to determine what goes in and out of her territory. Every sovereign Country have this right.

It is based on this right that Israel, an ally of Biafran imposed on total blockade of the Gaza strip such that today, Gaza has technically become the largest open prison in the world.

3) Purely on humanitarian ground, the Nigerian Government opened a safe corridor for Red Cross and other International Agencies to transport food and medicines to the starving masses of Biafria but Ojukwu rejected this offer , insisting on being allowed to air lift foods from Sao Tome & Principle, a coded mean of smuggling arms into Biafra.

4) The land, Sea and Air blockade caused Biafria to capituate and the mindless war ended.

Without this method , the civil war would have lasted for at least 10 years with more millions of people dieing unnecessary and huge resources wasted.

5) Next time when you want to go to Biafra war-11, sit down and plan adequately with worst case scenario like;

What if the coastal territories do go with Biafran? Never assume they will.

Do we have enough money to prosecute the war? Do we have ready-made resources to exchange for weapons or secure the support of the superpowers?

War an expensive project through human history and no Superpower will like to diminish her status by siding the losing side. Western countries only support the side where they can gain something from.

Do we have enough weapons to face our opponents?
Who are our allies and our opponents?

Build Silos in all your major cities and store foods that can last for at least 4 years.

Set aside a regiment in charge of food , including production, storage and distribution. Let them start raising different species of fowls , Turkey and ducks to supply protein within months.

Don't EVER assume your opponent will cooperate with you to win

#NEVER find your self in a position that you will be at the mercy of your opponent.

I wish you good luck.

May all the souls that died during the civil war resp in peace.
May God forgive us all and heal our land. Amen.

Ndigbo do not need your trash advise on war management.

We never begged for food from you ewedurians because you don't even have enough to eat.

Bakassi peninsula was the route of channel for getting our supply in the face of your illiterate military bombing civilian population there by making farming difficult. Guess what? You sold it off to the cameroonians in exchange for your evil agenda.

Nigerian literally lost a territory in order to win a territory. Ojukwu even if he was a witch doctor couldn't predict such dumb move.

You allowed Red Cross to fly in food supplies? How many Caritas airplane carrying food supply to Biafran Children did Nigeria bring down just to punish Biafra.

Guy ,you fought a war of attrition. What happened in Biafra was not your normal war. It was a continuation of the pogrom that started in 1966.
Brits was on your side therefore the attrocities could not reach international audience until a brave journalist who was sacked by the BBC news because his consience will not allow him, found his way to Biafra as an independent journalist and exposed British shame to the world.

Pictures of young malnourished Biafran children made headlines and the world attention was brought to the British shame going on in the name of war.
Speak grammar from now till die Kingdom come, you can never ever remove the dent of the Biafran genocide from Nigerians consience.

Nigeria did not come for war (They lost more soldiers than Biafrans ) ,it was a continuation of jihad that started in 1966 and the beneficiaries are enjoying their war booty while you attachee by force continue to cry for restructuring that will never happen.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:40am On May 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

Most Americans in Nigeria are in the upper class of life. They are mostly employers of labour and where employed, occupy the best positions in the org. I'm sure you'll agree that majority of Igbo in the SW and even north are into small businesses with no more than two or three employees (if any). It's that scale that is the difference. Like I said, you can compare the ratio of Americans in Lagos to that of Igbo
how many companies are own by american individuals? all the companies own by americans in nigeria are either own by organisations(group of people) or by american government,you dnt compare that with a business own by an individual igbo...besides america or china are countries and can easily get a loan from their gvnt to establish,so dnt compare them to igbos that established them selves from personal hustle.
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by PHAYOL81: 8:41am On May 05, 2020
SLAP44:

Did you hear that they went to the bank to make withdrawals as bullets were raining on them as they left the north and west?

Do you have a brain? grin

What part of the Western region was active in the civil war? Till the war was over, was one a spot of the battle? Go read history and throw away the hate instil in you by the oral record of your parents/grandparents.
Lagos was even hosting African cultural activities during the war (Festac66) and despite the war, the non-participants (Igbos) who stayed back in Lagos were not in any way threatened. Or is there a record, killing went on in Lagos too? My dear, the closest the war got to the west here was the Bini-Ore road and that was it. So, where was the bullet flying in the west?

And for your information, this wasn't a sudden break-out. The civil war revved up for months with warnings and threats. It led to Ojukwu's train (Biafran army) making some arrangements in readiness, which include but not limited to the creation of the BANK OF BIAFRA, the creation of the Biafran dollars, the purchase of ammunitions and the calling back of all eastern indigenes. No war ever break out suddenly, unless you're not paying attention or failing to see the reality; it gives everyone a little time to take a decision before it blows open. Check all records! And Biafra/Nigeria civil war was not any different.

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by omonnakoda: 8:44am On May 05, 2020
This matter was settled a long time ago and the twenty pound lies busted COMPREHENSIVELY

https://www.nairaland.com/4147830/biafra-twenty-pound-lie-busted

The EBOES were silenced and dare not cough

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by gwafaeziokwu: 8:47am On May 05, 2020
oyatz:

Look at this one his sisters are all over different parks in Igboland selling Agbo and jedijedi in plastic bottles.

Mofo that his mothers move around Onitsha under hot sun 2 months old baby strapped to her back hawking all manner of mixture and soap. Every market in Igbo land have Ogbo ndi Yoruba where all kinds of charms can be bought and sold.

Don't get me started on your tailors and other menial job workers renting houses inside Igbo villages scavenging for works the more illustrious natives left behind for others to do.

You accuse Igbos of chest beating yet you wrote that rubbish up there. Nonsense!
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:48am On May 05, 2020
Agboriotejoye:

If you say 60% to 70% of investments in Lagos is owned by foreigners and FG, it means Yoruba owns 40% which means they're still doing well considering the mix that make up that 60% you mentioned. FG, other nationals, other tribes within Nigeria is a very large mix you'll agree.

You're contradicting yourself if you say they're scared to compete but still agree that they have the highest population in the midst developed economies outside Nigeria.
those yorubas in western countries are mostly employees,employees dont compete,40% out of 100% is very poor! what if foreigners decides to go back to their states and countries? do you no that 99 if not 100% of businesses,and investements in the east are own by easterners?....do you no that easterners own upto 10 to 15% investements across the nation outside their region?
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by omonnakoda: 8:50am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
hahahaha oga you said yorubas dnt come to the east because east is barren,dispite the east having the busiest market in west africa , and i ask again how many yorubas live in the north and south south? or are these two regions barren too? chinese and americans coming to nigeria does that make those countries barren? or does that make nigeria better than those countries? and i ask again do you no what business exploit means?
What busiest market?

Busy market werrey wo?
What do they sell and where does it come from
What exactly is sold in this so called busiest market

The busiest market is the Nigerian Stock Exchange

Physical market ? Lagos business district.

Stop fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by omonnakoda: 8:54am On May 05, 2020
aribisala0:
You see there are so many lies about that time that people believe without questioning.

Some of it they believe because they WANT TO. This may sound strange but people can make a deliberate effort to believe a falsehood like the young lad who walks in and finds his mother in copulo with Pastor Koboko and persuades himself they were praying. The human capacity for self deception is astounding.

Now consider the story told about Awolowo and the indigenization policy. How he conspired as Minister of Finance to facilitate the acquisition of businesses by Yorubas.

The Fact is Awolowo left Gowon's government in 1971 in fact he sent is his resignation letter giving notice in 1970. This is public knowledge.
It is also a fact that the First indigenization decree was promulgated in 1972 With Shehu Shagari as Minister of Finance from 1971-1975. Still you will never hear Shagari's name but Awolowo.

WHY??

The reason is simple.

The civil war brought a new and profound sense of failure for these people and they remained in shock for a long time. They needed a narrative to explain their failure. For them the principal reason for their failure had to be Awo and by extension the Yoruba.Reality was irrelevant.
Well we differ. You lost out not because of Yoruba betrayal(we were not allies politically) but rather because of your tendency to act impulsively without planning or regard to consequences. Just like we have seen recently with Nnamdi Kanu

Essentially they are owned by a deep sense of self hate that is so corrosive internally it had to be externalized and Awo and the Yorubas are a ready alibi.
Till tomorrow they have not been able to confront and process or interrogate the pogroms of 66 and 67 and its perpetrators ,they cannot even look them in the eye. A case of collective Stockholm syndrome.
Well They are entitled to their hate. We are entitled to ensure the fidelity of any historical narratives.

Awolowo was VERY GOOD to them and they should make a big statue for him in Owerri

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:55am On May 05, 2020
Smoke55:
those yorubas in western countries are mostly employees,employees dont compete,40% out of 100% is very poor! what if foreigners decides to go back to their states and countries? do you no that 99 if not 100% of businesses,and investements in the east are own by easterners?....do you no that easterners own upto 10 to 15% investements across the nation outside their region?
There's nothing wrong with being an employee in another country. Being employable is a plus not a minus. If the foreigners decide to go back to their states/countries, two things. The burden on Lagos infrastructure will reduce which will open up new opportunities for new investors to take over where those who left stopped.
2. The new opportunities will lead to a drop in cost of living and doing business which will lead to another round of business explosion.

Besides, the foreigners will not be so easily convinced that they should abandon all their life's work and achievements just to prove a point. It doesn't work that way. The relationship is symbiotic so both will lose massively if leaving occurs.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

To Boost Revenues, FG Posts Treasurers To MDAs / Anambra Procurement Boss, Onyejepu Emerges 'State Public Servant of the Year' / Buhari Signs 2021 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.