Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,040 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War (8820 Views)

20 Pounds: Igbos Know Yourself And Don't Beg Anyone[photos ] / Did Awolowo Truely Gave Biafran 20 Pounds After The War / From 20 Pounds After The War To Such Success ! Igbo Amaka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

I have noticed that northerners also do this same thing to knock the heads b of southerners together, then they can go back and laugh.

Divide and rule 101 grin
Oga forget north ...we are not kids ...

3 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

Chei! See ignorance in full display!

So you could deposit money in Lagos and withdraw in the east in 1966?

How old are you? I might be wasting time chatting with 13 year olds here grin

How many people were using bank then?

How could you have left your resources and wealth back in a place where you are not likely to return to? A country called Nigeria, which you hate with passion, with your resources no matter how small or big? Does this align with reason?

It's only a 13 years that will write what you typed there

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Tranquillity360: 8:27pm On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

Of course, they even dug up their houses and shops and carried them to Biafra before the war grin grin grin
Their anger is how Igbos are buying up their land with just 20poundgrin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:28pm On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

Of course, they even dug up their houses and shops and carried them to Biafra before the war grin grin grin

Choi, I really love this kind of thread that exposed una lies..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:29pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

How I'm I supposed to know ...

Physical cash which can be seized by the biafran arm can never absolutely never be money than 10% of all the money actually deposited

If u collect all the cash in Nigeria now it can never be upto 10% of our real worth or money we have in the bank ...it's simple

So saying Biafra seized money is absolutely no excuse what so ever to give them 20 ponds ...there bank deposit was insured

Where did Ojukwu get the money for the arms and ammunition?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 04, 2020
SciLab:
One thing about ewedugerians is that they can't just pretend for too long that they are not ewedu-gobblers. It is a spiritual thing.

No matter how hard they try to hide their tribal yoruba identity so as to sound 'objective' and decieve the undiscerning online, they always fail at last. grin

They've been bursted severally and have lost credibility. There new strategy is open new usernames like minorityopinion pretend to be a minority 'We SS' speak sweepingly against the 3 major tribes so as gain some level of 'credibility' and then zero in on attacking Biafrans and Igbo- their main target. grin

I can smell a yoruba muslim from a 1000kms afar. No matter how much perfume they use to cover their 'odour' that characteristic 'kabiru' smell is always detectable.

I wrote something but later think you're not worthy of my explanation

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:31pm On May 04, 2020
so those igbos returning from the north do to the progrom,instead of thinking how to get to the east safe, they decided to do some withdrawer in the bank before heading to the east how these afonjaz reason baffles me.

11 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by SciLab: 8:33pm On May 04, 2020
SLAP44:

I have noticed that northerners also do this same thing to knock the heads b of southerners together, then they can go back and laugh.

Divide and rule 101 grin

yoruba muslims do it more.

Northerners do not need to stress themselves knocking heads together, when we all know that Igbo and yoruba can never work together until yoruba decides to start embracing equity and apologize for all the lies and propaganda they've told against the east for many decades in many of their newspapers which are now physically and ethically moribund.

yorubas have a lot to gain with the chaos they want to create by trying to demonize Igbos in the eyes of the SS and other tribes who today do not currently align with yoruba political interests.

5 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Amumaigwe: 8:33pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Don't get aggressive with this discussion...

What was the total population of Easterners back then?

How many of them operated bank accounts?

What I can deduce here is that some people are pained that Igbos who they deliberately wanted to emasculste economically, through a certain policy which didn't work out as expected, have successfully emerged into an economic powerhouse once again. The irony is that they are now buying up the properties of those conspirators, thereby becoming their landlords right on their own soil. "Touch not my anointed and my Prophet do no harm"

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by SciLab: 8:34pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

No 1 I'm not yoruba. No 2 I'm even mixed (not one tribe).

One thing about you igbos I've noticed is usual chest beating. You lie about things that are so obvious.

So I've decided to write the one my energy can to prove to you not all Nigeria are as stupid as you think we are.

Oga you are a dirty, ewedu-gobbling yoruba man, take that to the bank.
grin

5 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by 35824L: 8:36pm On May 04, 2020
The striking thing about the war was that the poor iboes were drafted to fight and die for a hopeless biafra but when it got to the turn of their psycho commander to lay down his own life, he absconded to Ivory Coast dressed in bra and make-ups because he knew the whole thing was a scam to steal what didn't belong to them. The 20 pound story was an elaborate hoax to cover their real source of blood money that is common in their erosion ravaged region.

8 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:37pm On May 04, 2020
Amumaigwe:

What I can deduce here is that some people are pained that Igbos who they deliberately wanted to emasculste economically, through a certain policy which didn't work out as expected, have successfully emerged into an economic powerhouse once again. The irony is that they are now buying up the properties of those conspirators, thereby becoming their landlords right on their own soil. "Touch not my anointed and my Prophet do no harm"

What's the total poplulation of Igbo's in SW?

What's the position of Igbo people in the list of richest in Nigeria?

How delusional can it be that the greatest achievement of Okonkwo and the little ones in village is to buy a plot of land in SW states.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 8:37pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Where did Ojukwu get the money for the arms and ammunition?

The arms we use was the ones Nigerian army in the east had the rest was manufacturered using rail lines mm.biafra never bought any weapon that was the only reason they lost the war

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 04, 2020
SciLab:

Oga you are a dirty, ewedu-gobbling yoruba man, take that to the bank.
grin

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

How many people were using bank then?

How could you have left your resources and wealth back in a place where you are not likely to return to? A country called Nigeria, which you hate with passion, with your resources no matter how small or big? Does this align with reason?

It's only a 13 years that will write what typed there
was there any intention of forming a country before or during the progrom?those returning to the east during the progrom might have had the intention of returning back when the killing stops,that was before the declearation of biafra...the declearation of biafra was do to the continuous killing of ndi igbo in the north.

7 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 04, 2020
[s]
MinorityOpinion:
Ever thought of how the Igbos transform themselves from 20 Nigeria pounds to become one of power house of Nigeria economy?

Here we are going to evaluate the truth and lies of 20 pounds myth.

First of all, what led to the whole scenario of 20 pounds? Your guess is as good as mine, NIGERIA CIVIL WAR.

The 20 pounds accusation was championed by Chinua Achebe, he accused the Federal Government of Nigeria of incapacitating and impoverishing all the Igbos after the war by not allowing them to have access to their pre-war savings in Nigeria bank.

The twenty pounds was as a form of RECONCILIATION GESTURE not compensation.

For those who were too young to remember, the Civil War did not start in a sudden manner. There were days, weeks and months leading to the civil war when people from different regions were packing and moving to their homelands. At such time of uncertainty, no one could predict what was going to happen and common sense would dictate that each and everyone would be in control of his or her resources to be able to survive when the war broke out. This would mean that before an Igbo man would leave Kaduna, Lagos or Ibadan, he would have withdrawn all his money before crossing into Biafra. This would not just be dictated by common sense, survival instinct would have also required and demanded it too.

By far the most important strategy of the Biafrans in their quest for foreign exchange, was the conversion of their holdings of Nigerian currency. There have been differing reports as to the amount of Nigerian currency in circulation at the time of secession, but when Nigeria’s Finance Commissioner announced on 30 December 1967 that the new Nigerian notes would replace the current notes in circulation between 3 January and 22 January 1968, he also stated that some £37 million had been seized by the rebels in the east. The Biafrans, on the other hand, claimed that by the end of January 1968 they had collected more than £53 million. However, yet another estimate stated that £30 million were circulating in Biafra at the point of secession, with further reserves of £40 million being held in the bank vaults of the Central Bank in Enugu and Port Harcourt. Whatever the actual amount was, following secession large amounts of currency were quickly taken to Europe where they were added to a further £6 million that had been transferred prior to secession, and steps were taken to convert these Nigerian bank notes into foreign exchange.

Where did all the money went?

The Igbos were given the money out of the RECONCILIATION GESTURE of the Government. It would be outrageous and can lead to the bankrupt of Nigeria if we had exchanged our Nigerian pounds for worthless Biafran pounds.

Instead there was a policy reconciliation, reconstruction and rehabilitation of 20 Nigerian pound despite the fact no Biafran kept their money with Nigeria before the war.

The perfect comparison is this.

In conclusion, the Nigeria government owes no one money, afterall 20 pounds was RECONCILIATION GESTURE which the Biafrans were not entitled to in the first place.

#minorityOpinion

[/s]
Summary: Igbo amaka.

Cc lzaa itooworwor

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:42pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

The arms we use was the ones Nigerian army in the east had the rest was manufacturered using rail lines mm.biafra never bought any weapon that was the only reason they lost the war

Oga, this is NL not Afagwu village discussion.

So you think the few countries that supported Biafra during the war did it for free? So those knockouts banger is what you called manufactured Biafra weapon ?

The funniest part of it, Israel was selling few ammunition to Biafra while selling the large chunk to Nigeria government

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Oga, this is NL not Afagwu village discussions.

So you think the few countries that supported Biafra during the war did it for free? So those knockouts banger is what you called manufacture Biafra weapon ?

The funniest part of it, Israel was selling few ammunition to Biafra while selling the large chunk to Nigeria government

Where would the arms come from when British blocked the sea ...Oga go n read stop reducing my IQ
Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 8:50pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

What's the position of Igbo in the list of richest in Nigeria?

How delusional can it be that the greatest achievement of Okonkwo and the little ones in village is to buy a plot of land in SW states.
okonkwo bought a plot of land in SW build his house on it and make u his tenant....cant you see we are saying the same thing? how many plots does kayode have in the east? talking about richest people in nigeria,dangote is the richest man in africa but that doesn't stop his region from becoming the poorest...hope you got the gist?

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:52pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Where would the arms come from when British blocked the sea ...Oga go n read stop reducing my IQ

You yourself know say I only deal with facts..

Hope that helps..

6 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 8:54pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

You yourself know say I only deal with facts..

Hope that helps..
France supplied arms to Biafra yet Cameroon took bakasi for helping Nigeria block Biafra import

Why did u think they were given bakasi ...SMH go n sleep

5 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:55pm On May 04, 2020
Smoke55:
okonkwo bought a plot of land in SW build his house on it and make u his tenant....cant you see we are saying the same thing? how many plots does kayode have in the east? talking about richest people in nigeria,dangote is the richest man in africa but that doesn't stop his region from becoming the poorest...hope you got the gist?

Sebi the indigenes are so lazy to the extent they can't acquired the lands themselves.

What will Kayode come to do in a barren land?

People travel abroad to seek greener pastures same was yeasterners troop to SW for greener pastures

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
Smoke55:
was there any intention of forming a country before or during the progrom?those returning to the east during the progrom might have had the intention of returning back when the killing stops,that was before the declearation of biafra...the declearation of biafra was do to the continuous killing of ndi igbo in the north.

Read the history again. In the report. Igbo have already kept £6 million abroad before declaring war on Nigeria. Who plan of secession without planning well. Igbos are smarter than that my friend

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 8:59pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

France supplied arms to Biafra yet Cameroon took bakasi for helping Nigeria block Biafra import

There is an arm embaggo on Libya, Yemen, Syria yet both party involved in the war have enough ammunition.

Here is not Afaraku village discussion like I told you earlier.

So even with the screenshot that I attached, you are still fuming about this?

8 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 9:01pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

Sebi the indigenes are so lazy to the extent they can acquire the lands themselves.

What will Kayode come to do in a barren land?

People travel abroad to seek greener pastures same was yeasterners troop to SW for greener pastures
your dumbness is raised to power 4! so all the chinese,americans,britains and co are all seeking for greener pastures in nigeria? is nigeria better than their country?! oga have you heard any thing like business exploit? your tribes men are simply lazy simple, they live all their lives in their parents house,so they cant travel out of their region,just admit it,you wont die.

2 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Amumaigwe: 9:02pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

What's the position of Igbo people in the list of richest in Nigeria?

At least a member of your family is tenant to an igbo man in your SW. He might even be owing him rent, now that COVID-19 has turned most of your people to destitutes.

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Hahaha. You re really thick. Bakassi generated so many heat that the world power asked obasanjo to yield it to Cameroon

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by mrvitalis(m): 9:03pm On May 04, 2020
helinues:

There is an arm embaggo on Libya, Yemen, Syria yet both party involved in the war have enough ammunition.

Here is not Afaraku village discussion like I told you earlier.

So even with the screenshot that I attached, you are still fuming about this?
All countries u called have naval ships ... Nigeria had no ships the British blocked the sea ..if any arms entered it was from black market and insignificant ...go k sleep

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 9:04pm On May 04, 2020
Smoke55:
your dumbness is raised to power 4! so all the chinese,americans,britains and co are all seeking for greener pastures in nigeria? is nigeria better than their country?! oga have you heard any thing like business exploit? your tribes men are simply lazy simple, they live all their lives in their parents house,so they cant travel out of their region,just admit it,you wont die.

Every country is an abroad.. Just because some people are not making money in Nigeria does not mean others are not.

Let me ask you, would you travel to a country where you are not going to benefit economically?

4 Likes

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by helinues: 9:06pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

All countries u called have naval ships ... Nigeria had no ships the British blocked the sea ..if any arms entered it was from black market and insignificant ...go k sleep

Why do you like to contradict yourself?

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by Smoke55: 9:06pm On May 04, 2020
MinorityOpinion:

Read the history again. In the report. Igbo have already kept £6 million abroad before declaring war on Nigeria. Who plan of secession with planning well. Igbos are smarter than that my friend
stop twisting history,answer me was there any intention to declear biafra before or during the progrom? if gowon had agreed to the aburi accord would ojukwu still decleare biafra? if gowon had stoped the killing of ndi igbo in the north earlier would ojukwu still declear biafra?

1 Like

Re: The Truth And Lies Of Nigeria 20 Pounds After The Civil War by ItooWorWor(m): 9:08pm On May 04, 2020
imhotep:
[s][/s] Summary: Igbo amaka.
Cc lzaa itooworwor
grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bishop Chris Udeh: Prominent Igbos Must Secure Kanu's Release To Save SE Economy / Sanwo-Olu Launches Adopt-A-Bin Program For Refuse Collection In Lagos / Sanusi Lamido Should Be Charged For Murder; Femi Fani Kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.