Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? (23756 Views)

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / How Airtel Actually Charges Android Users On Their Blackberry Data Plans / Glo Explains Why They Slashed Their Blackberry Plan To ₦899.for 3GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Mafia4life(m): 4:41pm On Jan 26, 2011
WackyJ1:

Mafia as a true mafia i know you have strong connections. Do you know where i can find cracked games free of charge.
What type of games? PC, PS2 or,
I bow for you! Is it that you are too confidential to the xtent you dont share ur chat username with other person? Na waooo
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by yahoo2(m): 7:25pm On Jan 26, 2011
;DI am enjoying these episodes fully
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 11:59pm On Jan 26, 2011
Mafia4life:

What type of games? PC, PS2 or,
I bow for you! Is it that you are too confidential to the xtent you dont share your chat username with other person? Na waooo
PC game( Age of wonders 2: The Wizards throne 418mb).
I don't get you. Which username
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Mafia4life(m): 5:39am On Jan 27, 2011
WackyJ1:

PC game( Age of wonders 2: The Wizards throne 418mb).
I don't get you. Which username
You can only get those game free and full on torrent site. You can download it via computer using any bittorent client like utorrent, Bitspirit,Ares etc.OR if you want to use your mobile fone over Wifi, you must install symtorrent.
Username? Yes, I meant ur instant message address.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by born2boink(m): 5:40am On Jan 27, 2011
And watch out for virus,I have learnt lesson twice

No more BB in my life again BYEBERRY
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 11:01am On Jan 27, 2011
Mafia4life:

You can only get those game free and full on torrent site. You can download it via computer using any bittorent client like utorrent, Bitspirit,Ares etc.OR if you want to use your mobile fone over Wifi, you must install symtorrent.
Username? Yes, I meant your instant message address.
Damn! I don't have any of those.
My email is cjikeako@yahoo.com
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by symbianfrk: 11:55am On Jan 27, 2011
@kenis. Thanks.
Just wondering, do bb's have fm radio. Nope i dont think so. In dis 21st century a 70k phone has no radio. The n97 has a radio and it also has a fm transmitter, so dat way while you are listening to music u could transmit for nearby radio receivers. Now imagine driving and transmiting from ur phone to ur car stereo.
I have a app called flip silent on my phone, if my phone is ringing i could just flip it over and it would either mute the call or end it based on how i set it.
Theres anoda i like called shakeme, if i shake the phone in a certain way it toggles d bluetooth on/off, or it changes d profiles all depending on d setting.
Has a bb user seen how opera 10.1 works like charm on symbian.
The n97 even supports widgets of many sites, like facebook, myspace, twitter, friendster, etc, that way right from the homescreen u have access to realtime updates of any of ur social account, theres also a weather update widget to give u real time update of weather, even for major nigerian cities.

Pls i just dont get what people see in a bb, u cant hold a symbian device in ur hand and not be drawn into it.
A bb is a flash in a pan, while a symbian device is something sizzling in a pan. Bb needs to get a new OS, or back to the drawing board, cuz they think they are competing when the competition has been won already by, Yeah, u guessed right.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 2:03pm On Jan 27, 2011
If i was a bb, i would have started crying and called symbianfrk a jerk, lol
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 5:56pm On Jan 27, 2011
well, i JUST dont know y i hate bb. I use an Iphone 3gs 32gig pimped to the fullest. i wish i av a good reason (apart from their bbmsg app which is useless without coughing out 3k or so monthly to use) to buy a bb. with as low as 1k per month i get internet service which lasts 3weeks depending on how heavy i browse and chat. still chat with the bb users using whatsapp, cnectd and pingchat. I just dont see why i shd get it. i av 5 different emails pushing my mails to me (including office mail) on my iphone. Maybe BB users shd tell me what i am missing?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2011
^^^ you're not missing anything
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 27, 2011
Thanks bro. Just wanted to confirm,
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by symbianfrk: 8:38pm On Jan 27, 2011
@wackyj1
please am sorry, but i could not help it, i have seen so many post on this site mouthing that bb is everything blah blah blah, most times i just read and laugh but this time i felt there is a need to write and end it all once and for all.

and i saved the kill for the last. there is this app i saw online available on the symbian platform that allows you to connect to a POS terminal and get required information anytime from anywhere. so if i run a retail outlet with a POS terminal, all i need do is install the app both on my phone and the machine, and that way i can be at a boardroom and easily connect to the POS terminal and monitor sales, and cash flow as it happens in realtime, and theres a remote lock procedure also.

i need not say more, no bb can do that, not even if bb torch 3 was to be released, bb's just dont have the brains to comprehend such things.

if you want a business tool get symbian.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Mafia4life(m): 9:10pm On Jan 27, 2011
BB users where are you all? We the symbian users dont want you to hate ur fone. We just want to let you know how and why you should buy a phone. Don't just jump into an expensive piece of shyt just for buying sake. Andriod is an xpensive fone that worth its price, symbian is an average phone ( though there are some High-End symbian higher than some android or Iphone ) but for BB, that is one stupid phone that don't even worth its price. Honestly, i can't pay 12K for BB Tour.
BB users, who will denial this fact below.
Low Battery in BB = No BB service, No Network, No Wifi.
Interface sucks,
Games are Fuucckked up,
Camera is very clear,
BB service is lovely ( with unlimited brandwith )
Trackpad is offensive,
Push service not good as Nokia Email Client ( No argument ).
Poor hardware features,
BB without BB service = An expensive Mp3 with GSM Network.
BB messenger not interesting as Nimbuzz ( Symbian, Android and PC version only ).
Switching on phone when battery is replaced is like booting a Pentium 2 computer of 32MB RAM loaded with Window 7 in 5GB Harddisk.
BB = Overhyped Motorola L6.
Honestly I was once a user of BB bold and BB TOUR.
It is out of experience i reviewed this.

Symbian = PalmTop
Battery Life Great.
Entertainment Great,
office use very reliable,
email push believable,
discoveries very interesting,
softwares are very much available,
Interface better than BB
Hanging problem is a major bug ( fixed when firmware is updated but not 100% solution )
Browser fully integrated like PC using Opera 10.1)
Hardware is extremely Rich. I nor fit type again.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 10:21pm On Jan 27, 2011
BB don die for this thread. If i had the email of one of the makers of Bb and sent them the comments on this thread, you'll hear that bb has been discontinued till further notice.

New summary of BB in one sentence. BB is a highend Walkie talkie.
Seriously BB and a gold watch has the same value to their owners( again girls and guys Who want to toast girls).
A friend of mine was walking along the road with his two friends when they were attacked by 6 guys as the scuffling was going on they tried to grab his phone, he was carrying two so he decided to save one which was a bb and let them take the other which was an e63. I asked him why and he said the bb was more expensive, that he bought it 75k when i woke up, he had gone offline
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 5:48am On Jan 28, 2011
Hehehehe, Woooo, yeyeye, I don laugh tire o. In fact, I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Not because of the actual bashing of the crapberry(CB) though, but because of the reality of things with using a CB especially in Nigerian context. Truth is I've disliked CB from day one the reason being the hype about it. This was further deepened when I discovered symbian capabilities about 6yrs ago when I got a nokia 3250 s60v3 snow white colour with red stripes - I used it for a little over 2yrs before an upgrade to N71. Goodness, do I love that baby. It was my first love, you know. What wit the twist to shoot and twist further to play music, wao. I became the talk of my buddies. Not just that, but more importantly was I simply became so versatile in my mobility - e-books(mobi reader, adobe, quickoffice for microsoft doc, ppx and exel, iSilo - all my medical texts were in that format), picture viewing and editing with resco viewer, e-mails, music with lyrics using lcg jukebox, games like lcg mau mau, superminers, skyforce series - my favourite, videos in many formats using coreplayer (full length of course)+editing, browsing(courtesy of mtn fbt, lol), internet radio streaming(I loved BBC network and this bangla or is it Indian music station), symbtorrent, social communites(yahoo messenger tiny, msn with fring etc)-facebook was not in existence then. Even crapberry has not been discovered by Nigerians then - or so I think. The list is inexhaustible. So when people started talking CB, it interested me to know what the fuss was all about and I promised to get meself a unit, but I had to ensure a hands-on experience first. The noise about it made me believe it was nothing short of a mini computer that I had planned as a pacifier or very short term alternative for my stolen DV6000 hp pavilion. But was I so disappointed to find out the serious limitations of this fruity-sounding phone with fruity OS. Is it the bulky size, or the charging unit which is not widespread meaning it goes mtn on you - everywhere you go. What with the limitations to java apps. You can't even explore the fun of modding or software and hardware ha*king. In short, it made me feel stone age compared to the futuristic fevor and dominance which I enjoyed with the symbians i've used. I eventually dropped that silly idea of a crapberry and got me a Nokia N85 which has so far lived up to expectation. An i-crap, sorry iphone, has not even successfully freaked me let alone a CB. And hey, have you guys heard that the android 2.2 OS has been successfully ported to a Nokia N900, meaning you can run memo, meego, symbian QT or android on the open source N900 hardware. Unbelievable, isn't it? I plan to upgrade to the sleek, colourful, hardware-packed, futuristic with 12-angry-megapixel N8 soon. Debian it is. Up meego. Viva symbian. Astalavista Nokia.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 7:32am On Jan 28, 2011
Why is spambot deleting posts?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by symbianfrk: 8:00am On Jan 28, 2011
i wonder why spambot is acting up. it blocked my posting rights this morning and unblocked it after i sent a mail to it. but my u2 1 day profile is still blocked.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 8:12am On Jan 28, 2011
Spambot uses a bb
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by amasha(f): 11:05am On Jan 28, 2011
seriously,im really loving this,

Mafia4life:

BB users where are you all? We the symbian users dont want you to hate your fone. We just want to let you know how and why you should buy a phone. Don't just jump into an expensive piece of shyt just for buying sake. Andriod is an xpensive fone that worth its price, symbian is an average phone ( though there are some High-End symbian higher than some android or Iphone ) but for BB, that is one silly phone that don't even worth its price. Honestly, i can't pay 12K for BB Tour.
BB users, who will denial this fact below.
Low Battery in BB = No BB service, No Network, No Wifi.
Interface sucks,
Games are Fuucckked up,
Camera is very clear,
BB service is lovely ( with unlimited brandwith )
Trackpad is offensive,
Push service not good as Nokia Email Client ( No argument ). -----This is so true,I still find it hard to explain to consumers that you don't need to spend alot just to have ur emails pushed. Nokia Messaging Client is extremely brillant even works great on low-end phones like 2690,x2 and d like
Poor hardware features,
BB without BB service = An expensive Mp3 with GSM Network.
BB messenger not interesting as Nimbuzz ( Symbian, Android and PC version only ).
Switching on phone when battery is replaced is like booting a Pentium 2 computer of 32MB RAM loaded with Window 7 in 5GB Harddisk.
BB = Overhyped Motorola L6.
Honestly I was once a user of BB bold and BB TOUR.
It is out of experience i reviewed this.

Symbian = PalmTop
Battery Life Great.
Entertainment Great,
office use very reliable,
email push believable,
discoveries very interesting,
softwares are very much available,
Interface better than BB
Hanging problem is a major bug ( fixed when firmware is updated but not 100% solution )
Browser fully integrated like PC using Opera 10.1)
Hardware is extremely Rich. I nor fit type again.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 11:06am On Jan 28, 2011
symbianfrk:

i wonder why spambot is acting up. it blocked my posting rights this morning and unblocked it after i sent a mail to it. but my u2 1 day profile is still blocked.
In fact, same happened to me this morning. Guess you're right that spambot uses blackberry and is soooo pissed right now.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 11:18am On Jan 28, 2011
Hehehehe, Woooo, yeyeye, I don laugh tire o. In fact, I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Not because of the actual bashing of the cr@p-berry(CB) though, but because of the reality of things with using a CB especially in Nigerian context. Truth is I've disliked CB from day one the reason being the hype about it. This was further deepened when I discovered symbian capabilities about 6yrs ago when I got a nokia 3250 s60v3 snow white colour with red stripes - I used it for a little over 2yrs before an upgrade to N71. Goodness, do I love that baby. Y'all know this thing with first love. What wit the twist to shoot and twist further to play music, wao. I became the talk of my buddies. Not just that, but more importantly was I simply became so versatile in my mobility: e-books(mobi reader, adobe, quickoffice for microsoft doc, ppx and exel, iSilo - all my medical texts were in that format), picture viewing and editing with resco viewer, e-mails, music with lyrics using lcg jukebox, games like lcg mau mau, superminers, skyforce series - my favourite, videos in many formats using coreplayer (full length of course)+editing, browsing(courtesy of mtn frii-br-treeek, lol), internet radio streaming(I loved BBC network and this bangla or is it Indian music station), symbtorrent, social communites(yahoo messenger tiny, msn with fring etc)-facebook was not in existence then. Even cr@p-berry has not been discovered by Nigerians then - or so I think. The list is inexhaustible. So when people started talking CB, it interested me to know what the fuss was all about and I promised to get meself a unit, but I had to ensure a hands-on experience first. The noise about it made me believe it was nothing short of a mini computer that I had planned as a pacifier or very short term alternative for my stolen DV6000 hp pavilion. But was I so disappointed to find out the serious limitations of this fruity-sounding phone with fruity OS. Is it the bulky size, or the charging unit which is not widespread meaning it goes mtn on you - everywhere you go. What with the limitations to java apps. You can't even explore the fun of mødd!ng or of software and hardware h@*-king. In short, it made me feel stone age compared to the futuristic fevor and dominance which I enjoyed with the symbians i've used. I eventually dropped that silly idea of a cr@p-berry and got me a Nokia N85 which has so far lived up to expectation. An i-cr@p, sorry iphone, has not even successfully freaked me let alone a CB. And hey, have you guys heard that the android 2.2 OS has been successfully ported to a Nokia N900, meaning you can run memo, meego, symbian QT or android on the open source N900 hardware. Unbelievable, isn't it? I plan to upgrade to the sleek, colourful, hardware-packed, futuristic with 12-angry-megapixel N8 soon. Debian it is. Up meego. Viva symbian. Astalavista Nokia.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by BankoleO1: 1:19pm On Jan 28, 2011
Nokia RULES!!!!! No matter what pple say about BB, Nokia ROCKS! Am the only Symbian User in my House the rest of my peeps use BB and I hear them alot complaining about BB hanging, ve to charge every 3hrs after serious chating n checking of mails etc. Bla bla bla, story.
I use E63 presently n if I see a brandnew Original black N95 8GB I will buy it instead of wasting money on the cheapets BB there is. NOKIA 4 LIFE!
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 2:52pm On Jan 28, 2011
Hehehehe, Woooo, yeyeye, I don laugh tire o. In fact, I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Not because of the actual disapproval of the cr@p-berry(CB) though, but because of the reality of things with using a CB especially in Nigerian context. Truth is I've disliked CB from day one the reason being the hype about it. This was further deepened when I discovered symbian capabilities about 6yrs ago when I got a nokia 3250 s60v3 snow white colour with red stripes - I used it for a little over 2yrs before an upgrade to N71. Goodness, do I love that baby. Y'all know this thing with first love. What wit the twist to shoot and twist further to play music, wao. I became the talk of my buddies. Not just that, but more importantly was I simply became so versatile in my mobility: e-books(mobi reader, adobe, quickoffice for microsoft doc, ppx and exel, iSilo - all my medical texts were in that format), picture viewing and editing with resco viewer, e-mails, music with lyrics using lcg jukebox, games like lcg mau mau, superminers, skyforce series - my favourite, videos in many formats using coreplayer (full length of course)+editing, web surfing (courtesy of em-tii-en frii-brwsn-treeek, sorry spambot), internet radio streaming(I loved BBC network and this bangla or is it Indian music station), symbtorrent, social communites(yahoo messenger tiny, msn with fring etc)-facebook was not in existence then. Even cr@p-berry has not been discovered by Nigerians then - or so I think. The list is inexhaustible. So when people started talking CB, it interested me to know what the fuss was all about and I promised to get meself a unit, but I had to ensure a hands-on experience first. The noise about it made me believe it was nothing short of a mini computer that I had planned as a pacifier or very short term alternative for my stolen DV6000 hp pavilion. But was I so disappointed to find out the serious limitations of this fruity-sounding phone with fruity OS. Is it the bulky size, or the charging unit which is not widespread meaning it goes mtn on you - everywhere you go. What with the limitations to java apps. You can't even explore the fun of mødd!ng or of software and hardware h@*-king. In short, it made me feel stone age compared to the futuristic fevor and dominance which I enjoyed with the symbians i've used. I eventually dropped that silly idea of a cr@p-berry and got me a Nokia N85 which has so far lived up to expectation. An i-cr@p, sorry iphone, has not even successfully freaked me let alone a CB. And hey, have you guys heard that the android 2.2 OS has been successfully ported to a Nokia N900, meaning you can run memo, meego, symbian QT or android on the open source N900 hardware. Unbelievable, isn't it? I plan to upgrade to the sleek, colourful, hardware-packed, futuristic with 12-angry-megapixel N8 soon. Debian it is. Up meego. Viva symbian. Ast@l@vist@ Nokia.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by OmichaelO: 5:51pm On Jan 28, 2011
nice thread, my nokia c5 rocks
only that i can't ping.but hey check ma features out
gps
hsdpa
stereo fm with rds
nice camera quality
symbian s60v3
great battery life
push email sure die
nimbuzz.sisx rocks i can call anybody online using nimbuzz or any other popular im network expect skype,
the charger is madt, just charge for 1hr n u cn use it all day
lots of application
and last by not the least
f.b.t rocks
bb users say something.TALK ME SOMETHING WEY I NO FIT DO,
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Phemmmy(m): 6:57pm On Jan 28, 2011
For blackberry,IT IS FINISHED.

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by degreat2: 7:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
lmfao
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by patwhizkid(f): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2011
i love this thread. cheesy
nokia rocks! kiss
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by aieromon(m): 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2011
patwhizkid:

i love this thread. cheesy
nokia rocks! kiss

I love this thread too
Blackberry sucks kiss
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by patwhizkid(f): 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2011
aieromon:

Blackberry sucks kiss

so true
i prefer C3 to IT grin grin
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 6:37am On Jan 29, 2011
Lol, I don laugh tire o. In fact, I've enjoyed every bit of this thread. Not because of the actual disapproval of the cr@p-berry(CB) though, but because of the reality of things with using a CB especially in Nigerian context. Truth is I've disapproved of CB from day one the reason being the noise about it. I discovered symbian capabilities about 6yrs ago when I got a nokia 3250 s60v3 snow white colour with red stripes - I used it for a little over 2yrs before an upgrade to N71. Goodness, do I cherish that baby. Y'all know this thing with first lov. What wit the twist to snap and twist further to play music, wao. I became the talk of my buddies. Not just that, but more importantly was I simply became so versatile in my mobility: e-books(mobi reader, adobe, quickoffice for microsoft doc, ppx and exel, iSilo - all my medical texts were in that format), picture viewing and editing with resco viewer, e-mails, music with lyrics using lcg jukebox, games like lcg mau mau, superminers, skyforce series - my favourite, videos in many formats using coreplayer (full length of course)+editing, web surfing (courtesy of em-tii-en frii-brwsn-treeek, sorry spambot), internet radio streaming(I loved BBC network and this bangla or is it Indian music station), symbtorrent, social communites(yahoo messenger tiny, msn with fring etc)-facebook was not in existence then. Even cr@p-berry has not been discovered by Nigerians then - or so I think. The list is inexhaustible. So when people started talking CB, it interested me to know what the fuss was all about and I promised to get meself a unit, but I had to ensure a hands-on experience first. The noise about it made me believe it was nothing short of a mini computer that I had planned as a pacifier or very short term alternative for my stolen DV6000 hp pavilion. But was I so disappointed to find out the serious limitations of this fruity-sounding phone with fruity OS. Is it the bulky size, or the charging unit which is not widespread meaning it goes mtn on you - everywhere you go. What with the limitations to java apps. You can't even explore the fun of mødd!ng or of software and hardware h@*-king. In short, it made me feel stone age compared to the futuristic fevor and dominance which I enjoyed with the symbians i've used. I eventually dropped that silly idea of a cr@p-berry and got me a Nokia N85 which has so far lived up to expectation. An i-cr@p, sorry iphone, has not even successfully freaked me let alone a CB. And hey, have you guys heard that the android 2.2 OS has been successfully ported to a Nokia N900, meaning you can run memo, meego, symbian QT or android on the open source N900 hardware. Unbelievable, isn't it? I plan to upgrade to the sleek, colourful, hardware-packed, futuristic with 12-angry-megapixel N8 soon. Debian it is. Up meego. Viva symbian. Ast@l@vist@ Nokia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code / Download Google Chrome For Java Phones / Infinix Smart 3 Plus Unveiling And Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.