Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,729 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? (23758 Views)

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / How Airtel Actually Charges Android Users On Their Blackberry Data Plans / Glo Explains Why They Slashed Their Blackberry Plan To ₦899.for 3GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 6:42am On Jan 29, 2011
Mafia4life:

BB users where are you all? We the symbian users dont want you to hate your fone. We just want to let you know how and why you should buy a phone. Don't just jump into an expensive piece of shyt just for buying sake. Andriod is an xpensive fone that worth its price, symbian is an average phone ( though there are some High-End symbian higher than some android or Iphone ) but for BB, that is one silly phone that don't even worth its price. Honestly, i can't pay 12K for BB Tour.
BB users, who will denial this fact below.
Low Battery in BB = No BB service, No Network, No Wifi.
Interface sucks,
Games are Fuucckked up,
Camera is very clear,
BB service is lovely ( with unlimited brandwith )
Trackpad is offensive,
Push service not good as Nokia Email Client ( No argument ).
Poor hardware features,
BB without BB service = An expensive Mp3 with GSM Network.
BB messenger not interesting as Nimbuzz ( Symbian, Android and PC version only ).
Switching on phone when battery is replaced is like booting a Pentium 2 computer of 32MB RAM loaded with Window 7 in 5GB Harddisk.
BB = Overhyped Motorola L6.
Honestly I was once a user of BB bold and BB TOUR.
It is out of experience i reviewed this.

Symbian = PalmTop
Battery Life Great.
Entertainment Great,
office use very reliable,
email push believable,
discoveries very interesting,
softwares are very much available,
Interface better than BB
Hanging problem is a major bug ( fixed when firmware is updated but not 100% solution )
Browser fully integrated like PC using Opera 10.1)
Hardware is extremely Rich. I nor fit type again.
LOL. Honestly all I can say is bro, You bought a blackberry for The wrong Reasons. It's No surprise why many Nigerians are crying. RIM's base is not to produce high-end, entertainment, high-powered hardware n sophisticated and Gamers phones. Their Mainstay is BUSINESS users. Anyone who jumps on the bandwagon not knowing what to expect is frankly a misguided individual. You looking for the blackberry to play high graphics, accelerometer Ps2 emulator games then you are a capital JOKER as you don't even know what a blackberry is for. It's just as bizarre as complaining why GM doesn't make Hummer fuel efficient as a Toyota. Is the Hummer brand designed for fuel efficiency?

Even you can't deny it, Blackberry does its job 100% well. Go to the length and breath of the world, those who still complain about the way you do but who really NEED the services blackberry provide, CAN'T still drop it, coz it does its job WELL. They might have other phones but they STILL keep their blackberries.

As for your claim Nokia email is better than the BB email, that's just untrue. The several minutes boot-up you complained about as I heard is necessary for Security, so is the so-called long bluetooth protocol of the BB. People who want to use the bb for social entertainment and the likes might find these features terrible but Business users who understand the Need for SECURITY of their data in these days of industrial espionage, hacking and spying where a stolen idea could cost u billions. Even TERRORISTS and Jihadists use blackberries. Example the Mumbai bombers used blackberries, why, because of the security. That is why countries like India and Saudi Arabia threatened to suspend Blackberry services. That's how secure RIM servers are.

Also, the Low battery =No network Function can be disabled. It's just a power saving mechanism. You can disable it in the settings if you wish.

Till tomorrow, RIM will continue making sales. The bb has always been popular in the business world. In fact the reason why it has become a Fad amongst the rest is because of the relatively Cheap BIS internet fee which in recent times attracted many social-networking hungry teenagers and youths. They all jumped on the wagon expecting the bb to perform miracles. RIM has even tried sef to accomodate them by bringing out some models with better entertainment features but frankly I don't see them trying too hard. They'll rather concentrate on their base which might be useless to you but GOLD to others (the core customers)who need that service. Isn't that the beauty of capitalism, there is freedom of choice, you people should try and go to whatever platform suits your needs.

I enjoy my bb coz it does what it does very well. The cheap BIS is a killer. I use a nokia too but I can't get Unlimited internet at 2.8K on a nokia. Daily I download in excess of 600MB. The BB has no Radio but I was able to solve that with an internet radio app where I stream stations from around the world including Nigeria. I know a guy here who downloads in Gigabytes everyday on 3G. I saw him download 15GB in one week and I no fit shout. To do that 15GB on a nokia or Iphone will cost u about 20K. I tether to my laptop and browse as much as I want all for 2.8-3K. And The prices will Surely drop further.

So you guys can make noise on this thread till 100 pages it does not matter what matters at the end of the day is simple economics. BIS rates will continue to DROP which means CHEAPER internet connection fee. People love the idea of CHEAP so it's inevitable more people will buy the blackberries to connect. The GSM Networks too love the BB because of its bandwidth saving capacity so they will continue pushing it out there. Companies/ coporations love the BB and distribute it to their staff coz it does a job for them excellently. More money for RIM, More money for the Networks, better value for the consumers (including companies) who really need the BB services, the only wailers and moaners are those who don't need the bb services but just bought one to feel among.

More bb's are going to Hit the streets soon. You guys should be prepared to shout more.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 7:55am On Jan 29, 2011
Nice business presentation from an authorised dealer. I can't waste my resources buying a Rolls Royce because of one golden ashtray in it.

If l nid to chat l better get on my Handler and Cast applications. They are better dat way with Fr33 VOIP
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 29, 2011
well if you were trying to woo me to buy a bb, i certainly am not impressed, and you certainly did not do a bb justice with all that write up.

trying to sell a phone to me based on what, i can download endlessly, i used a bb storm2 for 24hrs, after subscribing for bis monthly plan, i still remember how many times the network failed to connect, and how i had to keep going back to the host routing table, over and again so that i can browse, and after a while it would just stop connecting, i could not even visit the app world.

men forget that ish jare, i still remember the hype of them slim motorola phones, it fizzled out, and so will bb, and its started already with this thread.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 8:11am On Jan 29, 2011
No mind the dealer jare. Trying sell over hyped and priced walkie talkie. Am having a great experience with my Nokia N95 and E5
u2 1 day:

well if you were trying to woo me to buy a bb, i certainly am not impressed, and you certainly did not do a bb justice with all that write up.

trying to sell a phone to me based on what, i can download endlessly, i used a bb storm2 for 24hrs, after subscribing for bis monthly plan, i still remember how many times the network failed to connect, and how i had to keep going back to the host routing table, over and again so that i can browse, and after a while it would just stop connecting, i could not even visit the app world.

men forget that ish jare, i still remember the hype of them slim motorola phones, it fizzled out, and so will bb, and its started already with this thread.

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 8:52am On Jan 29, 2011
aze:

Nice business presentation from an authorised dealer. I can't waste my resources buying a Rolls Royce because of one golden ashtray in it.

If l nid to chat l better get on my Handler and Cast applications. They are better dat way with Fr33 VOIP
See what I'm saying? LOL.
So your entire use to get a bb is to chat? No wonder you are crying. Bro, you don't NEED a blackberry. Lmao

Also, pls I'm not a dealer. People have stated their views on a nokia, you didn't call them dealers. I stated mine on a bb and u label me a dealer. Is that smart?
u2 1 day:

Lol, you certainly have an over-exaggerated opinion of yourself. You think I'm here to convince you or "impress" you? I actually don't care if you still use a talking drum to communicate or a 3310. None of my business.

Having said that, I have stated here BB's do their main jobs Excellently at a cheap monthly cost and that is why many who need that's sort of service will continue being customers. Then what did u come up with? " i still remember how many times the network failed to connect" . I no fit laugh cheesy , so bb is now your network service provider abi? Chei. Because na bb you expect it to perform miracles se? Why don't you buy a bb and wait for it to come wipe your faeces from ur anus too. RofLmao.

Blackberries are made PRIMARILY for BUSINESS. If your needs are above and beyond that, bounce.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by denzel2009: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2011
TCD bro, you've got too much time on your hands. They will continue bashing BB cos in Nigeria, information security is nothing to us.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 29, 2011
Information security like having some of my info filtering thro' American servers. Better l remain with the Open Source.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by OmichaelO: 10:22am On Jan 29, 2011
TCD:

LOL. Honestly all I can say is bro, You bought a blackberry for The wrong Reasons. It's No surprise why many Nigerians are crying. RIM's base is not to produce high-end, entertainment, high-powered hardware n sophisticated and Gamers phones. Their Mainstay is BUSINESS users. Anyone who jumps on the bandwagon not knowing what to expect is frankly a misguided individual. You looking for the blackberry to play high graphics, accelerometer Ps2 emulator games then you are a capital JOKER as you don't even know what a blackberry is for. It's just as bizarre as complaining why GM doesn't make Hummer fuel efficient as a Toyota. Is the Hummer brand designed for fuel efficiency?

Even you can't deny it, Blackberry does its job 100% well. Go to the length and breath of the world, those who still complain about the way you do but who really NEED the services blackberry provide, CAN'T still drop it, coz it does its job WELL. They might have other phones but they STILL keep their blackberries.

As for your claim Nokia email is better than the BB email, that's just untrue. The several minutes boot-up you complained about as I heard is necessary for Security, so is the so-called long bluetooth protocol of the BB. People who want to use the bb for social entertainment and the likes might find these features terrible but Business users who understand the Need for SECURITY of their data in these days of industrial espionage, hacking and spying where a stolen idea could cost u billions. Even TERRORISTS and Jihadists use blackberries. Example the Mumbai bombers used blackberries, why, because of the security. That is why countries like India and Saudi Arabia threatened to suspend Blackberry services. That's how secure RIM servers are.

Also, the Low battery =No network Function can be disabled. It's just a power saving mechanism. You can disable it in the settings if you wish.

Till tomorrow, RIM will continue making sales. The bb has always been popular in the business world. In fact the reason why it has become a Fad amongst the rest is because of the relatively Cheap BIS internet fee which in recent times attracted many social-networking hungry teenagers and youths. They all jumped on the wagon expecting the bb to perform miracles. RIM has even tried sef to accomodate them by bringing out some models with better entertainment features but frankly I don't see them trying too hard. They'll rather concentrate on their base which might be useless to you but GOLD to others (the core customers)who need that service. Isn't that the beauty of capitalism, there is freedom of choice, you people should try and go to whatever platform suits your needs.

I enjoy my bb coz it does what it does very well. The cheap BIS is a killer. I use a nokia too but I can't get Unlimited internet at 2.8K on a nokia. Daily I download in excess of 600MB. The BB has no Radio but I was able to solve that with an internet radio app where I stream stations from around the world including Nigeria. I know a guy here who downloads in Gigabytes everyday on 3G. I saw him download 15GB in one week and I no fit shout. To do that 15GB on a nokia or Iphone will cost u about 20K. I tether to my laptop and browse as much as I want all for 2.8-3K. And The prices will Surely drop further.

So you guys can make noise on this thread till 100 pages it does not matter what matters at the end of the day is simple economics. BIS rates will continue to DROP which means CHEAPER internet connection fee. People love the idea of CHEAP so it's inevitable more people will buy the blackberries to connect. The GSM Networks too love the BB because of its bandwidth saving capacity so they will continue pushing it out there. Companies/ coporations love the BB and distribute it to their staff coz it does a job for them excellently. More money for RIM, More money for the Networks, better value for the consumers (including companies) who really need the BB services, the only wailers and moaners are those who don't need the bb services but just bought one to feel among.

More bb's are going to Hit the streets soon. You guys should be prepared to shout more.
who told you we symbian phone users can't download at unlimited rate for free? No even for #2.8k cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 10:51am On Jan 29, 2011
O.michael.O:

who told you we symbian phone users can't download at unlimited rate for free? No even for #2.8k cheesy cheesy cheesy
Yeeee, that's sweet. cheesy
denzel2009:

TCD bro, you've got too much time on your hands. They will continue bashing BB cos in Nigeria, information security is nothing to us.

Lol. I guess you're right. What a person doesn't understand makes no sense to him. But those that need it, know its importance and worth. Different strokes for different folks I guess. wink
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
if the bb is the only secure device on earth then i guess sales figures of symbian, iphone, android is just a lie, or 80% of the world phone buying population is just not smart enough? hmmm.

Even world hackers dont use bb's cuz it just aint smart enough for them, and hackers seriously pride in their information security a lot more than you think. you need not try to console yourself by wanting to make the bb sound like a great device, its just average, and in many instances mediocre.

bb needs to return to drawing board and up the ante, cuz they dont make the list.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by frgy1: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2011
@TCD
Well said , you defended your device well.
But the fact still remains that in OVERALL performance a BB is a mediocre device . It should not be called a smart phone.
And am not just saying , I own one , and I also own a S60v5 device .
The only thing RIM did ingeniously is starting the push and the "security" thingy early. We now have devices that do all that equally well and perhaps better .BB already created a status symbol though
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2011
The summary of TCD's Long winding post is that bb has security and cheap BIS.
It's not only RIM that knows the value of security, Nokia, android and iphone have as much security if not more than bb. If you remove the social networking hungry teens that use black berry because of the cheap Bis then the fan base will reduce a lot . bb is not the ultimate business phone for business people when there are nokia and others so i'm not even sure of bbs business user base.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
Tell them. Unrestricted, limitless number Downloads. These post paid bb user are just consoling themselues for the frustrating crapberry services. And to crown these blunders, they made the mistake of wastings money on a Hummer because of the Ashtray on board.

O.michael.O:

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2011
Tell them. Unrestricted, limitless number Downloads. These post paid bb user are just consoling themselues for the frustrating crapberry services. And to crown these blunders, they made the mistake of wastings money on a Hummer because of the Ashtray on board.

O.michael.O:

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
Even on pcworld list of top ten phones, bb didnt make the list. also on techrader.com the bb didnt make the list either.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 29, 2011
aze:

Tell them. Unrestricted, limitless number of Downloads. These post paid bb user are just consoling themselues for the frustrating crapberry services. And to crown these blunders, they made the mistake of wasting money on a Hummer because of the Ashtray on board.

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by lytone(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2011
Wow, am impressed to see how informative guys are.I have been glued to this thread to the very last and I must say am over informed.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 2:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
frgy_:

@TCD
Well said , you defended your device well.
But the fact still remains that in OVERALL performance a BB is a mediocre device . It should not be called a smart phone.
And am not just saying , I own one , and I also own a S60v5 device .
The only thing RIM did ingeniously is starting the push and the "security" thingy early. We now have devices that do all that equally well and perhaps better .BB already created a status symbol though
I really don't understand you. Could you please give me a standard definition of a smart phone? Why does the bb not qualify as one? In what aspect of business function does the BB not meet up? I have stated here the BB is a Business device and deos that function PERFECTLY. Everything else na just jara.
WackyJ1:

The summary of TCD's Long winding post is that bb has security and cheap BIS.
It's not only RIM that knows the value of security, Nokia, android and iphone have as much security if not more than bb. If you remove the social networking hungry teens that use black berry because of the cheap Bis then the fan base will reduce a lot . bb is not the ultimate business phone for business people when there are nokia and others so i'm not even sure of bbs business user base.
This Is quite a pity, I really don't know where to start as per d bolded.

I think you need to look up how the Blackberry works ala the BIS, BES, the routes involved and look at it vis a vis the protocol of other phones and then u can make an informed opinion.

I just laugh at your assertion on the BB not being the ultimate business phone. I don't know about ultimate sha, coz its such an ambiguous term open to many interpretations but I DO KNOW millions of companies give out BB's to their staff including many CEO's and general business people who use it.

I think what will help you is If you look up How a blackberry, BIS n BES works then you'll understand why business people use it.

Finally, RIM had a base and where making profits way before this social networking revolution and teens started flocking to them. They have been there, that is their base. Even if they leave, they will still survive. That is why they concentrate on their base I.e business. Its called Competitive Advantage in economics which simply is focusing on where you have an expertise/ advantage and building from there.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 29, 2011
@ TCD
on Business
who told you you do business more than others. You keept harping on business as if to say you invented business. BB is not the only business phone. Nokia will suprise you with thier variety of business devices which many people have been using to make millions. Don't blame Nokia for your past business woes. cheesy
Security:
Are you a scammer or a terrorist? there are varieties of phones that will give you 'run for security'. You are probably been blinded by ur so called RIM. Ask people pls, and they would help you out.
What's your point again?
Ok cheap:
we are not poor bros! We are not complaining. We can pay anything to enjoy ourselves. cheesy
please do you have any other point of using crab?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 2:31pm On Jan 29, 2011
u2 1 day:

if the bb is the only secure device on earth then i guess sales figures of symbian, iphone, android is just a lie, or 80% of the world phone buying population is just not smart enough? hmmm.

Even world hackers dont use bb's cuz it just aint smart enough for them, and hackers seriously pride in their information security a lot more than you think. you need not try to console yourself by wanting to make the bb sound like a great device, its just average, and in many instances mediocre.
LOL. What do hackers want to do on a BB device? Hack with it? What is the link between a hackers work and information security through the BB network and how does the blackberry not meet up? I thought hackers used computers? BB is a business device not a hackers console.

[/quote]b needs to return to drawing board and up the ante, cuz they dont make the list.
[quote]
Lmao. What drawing board again? They do their business function EXCELLENTLY that is what was on the master plan. They can only diversify a little to broaden their horizons but I don't see them straying too far away from their business base. So if you are waiting for high end gamers hardware and the rest, you better start packing your bags and be leaving.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by denzel2009: 2:33pm On Jan 29, 2011
Uncle kenis,can you please tell us another reliable business phone that integrates corporate exchange mail server or the one that utilize AES 256 bit encryption to protect end-to-end information.

IMHO, Nokia might not survive this competition.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 2:36pm On Jan 29, 2011
kenis:

@ TCD
on Business
who told you you do business more than others. You keept harping on business as if to say you invented business. BB is not the only business phone. Nokia will suprise you with thier variety of business devices which many people have been using to make millions. Don't blame Nokia for your past business woes. cheesy
Security:
Are you a scammer or a terrorist?   there are varieties of phones that will give you 'run for security'. You are probably been blinded by your so called RIM. Ask people pls, and they would help you out.    
What's your point again?
Ok cheap:
we are not poor bros! We are not complaining. We can pay anything to enjoy ourselves. cheesy
please do you have any other point of using crab?  
You really haven't said anything. I'll advice you too to look up how the BB network works , the security parameters (security can mean many things) and why it is suitable for business then you can make an informed opinion.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by frgy1: 2:56pm On Jan 29, 2011
TCD:

I really don't understand you. Could you please give me a standard definition of a smart phone? Why does the bb not qualify as one? In what aspect of business function does the BB not meet up? I have stated here the BB is a Business device and deos that function PERFECTLY. Everything else na just jara.
Business business business
other things don't matter ?
All I know is my BB aint as smart as my nokia
When I read things peeps here on NL do with their Nokias I be like "dammm , my symbian can do that ? , and even before I install the app, someone else drops another ,and am like "fork me ! My Nokia can do that !!!"
A smart phone should have the WOW effect , but never seen anything that's gat my jaw dropping about a BB

It has its Advs , it pushes well , can't take that from it , and its secure, but there should be more to a smart phone, don't you think ?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 3:03pm On Jan 29, 2011
Due to unnecessary emotional sentiments I think you guys have closed your eyes to the Truth.

I have NOT said Blackberrys are The Best . I have simply said a blackberry is Primarily a Business device and performs its functions excellently. Anyone who doesn't buy it for these functions and expects miracles is frankly wasting his time and has only himself to blame for not researching.

In this age of Information its callous to think people will still blindly commit money and purchase a product without proper research then come start wailing after. Its just a funny pity. cheesy
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jan 29, 2011
@TCD
why didnt you comment on the fact i raised about a bb not being on the list of top 10 phones on both pcworld and techrader, isnt that clear enough that the phone aint worth the salt

Plus i never said and hacker was going to use a bb or symbian as a console, an hacker surely would have to be mobile and his choice of device isnt a bb cuz its lame. plain and simple.

if you read this entire thread again its plain to see which device is the smart one.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 3:12pm On Jan 29, 2011
frgy_:

Business business business
other things don't matter ?
All I know is my BB aint as smart as my nokia
When I read things peeps here on NL do with their Nokias  I be like "dammm , my symbian can do that ? , and even before I install the app, someone else drops another ,and am like "fork me ! My Nokia can do that !!!"
A smart phone should have the WOW effect , but never seen anything that's gat my jaw dropping about a BB

It has its Advs , it pushes well , can't take that from it , and its secure, but there should be more to a smart phone, don't you think ?
Nowhere in the definition of a smartphone did I see it must be WOW. Different things WOW different individuals. The WOW effect is totally subjective. I guess that's what defines a smart phone for you. We all have our expectations and that is why the market is saturated with different brands with different specialties. By all means choose whichever suits your needs.

Yes, business, business, business. Is it a crime?
It's not like the phones do only business but that is their main function, its their market niche, they have other functions like multimedia too to keep the average man happy BUT their mainstay is Business and its not a crime if a company chooses to concentrate its efforts on what it does best.

You have graciously agreed that Blackberries do what they are designed for excellently. What else is the problem?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 3:20pm On Jan 29, 2011
u2 1 day:

@TCD
why didnt you comment on the fact i raised about a bb not being on the list of top 10 phones on both pcworld and techrader, isnt that clear enough that the phone aint worth the salt
Its not worth it? RIM has 14% of the smartphone sales in the world. They are specialists in business and they have carved out a niche for themselves. I don't see them striving to be world conquerors.

Plus i never said and hacker was going to use a bb or symbian as a console, an hacker surely would have to be mobile and his choice of device isnt a bb cuz its lame. plain and simple.

if you read this entire thread again its plain to see which device is the smart one.
I don't think you've made any point here.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2011
TCD:

You really haven't said anything. I'll advice you too to look up how the BB network works , the security parameters (security can mean many things) and why it is suitable for business then you can make an informed opinion.

Blackberry handsets were designed for
business customers. That is their target
market. This means high functionality for
email and multi-tasking.
Nokia handsets, specifically Symbian OS
smart phones, were also designed with
professionals in mind.
But in all honestly, to avoid electronic theft/
vandalism against you there are a couple of
simple rules to follow,
1. Use difficult to guess passwords,
containing letters, numbers, and symbols
where possible.
2. Only use the push email client that comes
with the phone. Blackberry have their own
integrated email service, as do Nokia in the
form of Ovi-mail.
3. Never use bluetooth. Not ever. It simply
isn ’t safe. With a laptop, some simple
software, and an internet dongle, people
can scan the local area and gain access to
any cell that has bluetooth enabled.
4. When browsing the internet on a cell
phone you must ensure that the browser
you ’re using has something called ‘end to
end encryption’. This means that the site you
look at is encrypted at the point of origin,
and then de-crypted at your cell. This
ensures that no-one online can see what
your looking at, or what you ’re typing. Two
mobile browsers that use end2end
encryption are ‘Opera Mobile’ and ‘UCWeb’.
So, yeah, In my opinion you can’t go far
wrong with Blackberry or Nokia (symbian)
for secure business purposes. Personally i ’d
recommend Nokia. They’ve been in the
business a bit longer, and their range of
handsets is slightly ahead in design terms.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 29, 2011
^^ source www.setown.com
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2011
Oya lets end the argument. The only two features of bb that TCD has pointed out are
1. Push Email and
2. Security
U21day has pointed out so many other things that a symbian phone can do that is amazing and in the above post by Kenis
Nokia also has their own push email service and good security so while TCD Is defending two features symbian users are defending many features including the one bb possesses.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 4:08pm On Jan 29, 2011
kenis:

Blackberry handsets were designed for
business customers. That is their target
market. This means high functionality for
email and multi-tasking.
Nokia handsets, specifically Symbian OS
smart phones, were also designed with
professionals in mind.
But in all honestly, to avoid electronic theft/
vandalism against you there are a couple of
simple rules to follow,
1. Use difficult to guess passwords,
containing letters, numbers, and symbols
where possible.
2. Only use the push email client that comes
with the phone. Blackberry have their own
integrated email service, as do Nokia in the
form of Ovi-mail.
3. Never use bluetooth. Not ever. It simply
isn ’t safe. With a laptop, some simple
software, and an internet dongle, people
can scan the local area and gain access to
any cell that has bluetooth enabled.
4. When browsing the internet on a cell
phone you must ensure that the browser
you ’re using has something called ‘end to
end encryption’. This means that the site you
look at is encrypted at the point of origin,
and then de-crypted at your cell. This
ensures that no-one online can see what
your looking at, or what you ’re typing. Two
mobile browsers that use end2end
encryption are ‘Opera Mobile’ and ‘UCWeb’.
So, yeah, In my opinion you can’t go far
wrong with Blackberry or Nokia (symbian)
for secure business purposes. Personally i ’d
recommend Nokia. They’ve been in the
business a bit longer, and their range of
handsets is slightly ahead in design terms.

I no fit shout.
Privacy and security

When using Opera Mini 4.0 or 3.0 Advanced, the
connection between the mobile device and the
proxy server is always encrypted for privacy and
security. The encryption key is obtained on the
first start by requesting that the user press
random keys a certain number of times.[51]
When using Opera Mini 3.0 Basic, the connection
is not encrypted. Opera Mini has received some
criticism because it does not offer true, end-to-
end security
when visiting encrypted sites such
as paypal.com.[52] When visiting an encrypted
web page, the Opera Software company's servers
decrypt the page, then re-encrypt it themselves,
breaking end-to-end security
.[53]

Source : http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera_Mini?wasRedirected=true

Even at that, Bros, encryption pass encryption. Same way we have WAP and WEP encryption protocols on Wireless Lan, but we all know which is better don't we?

Look up what makes BB encryption unique then nod at what u see. LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Download Google Chrome For Java Phones / MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code / Lollest Apple Iphone Jokes You Must See Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.