Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,819 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? (23759 Views)

Nigerians Are Giving Up On Android, Want Their Blackberry Back / How Airtel Actually Charges Android Users On Their Blackberry Data Plans / Glo Explains Why They Slashed Their Blackberry Plan To ₦899.for 3GB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 7:50pm On Jan 30, 2011
Mafia4life:

@TCD
Like what? Ebuddy? Or Nimbuzz? What?
Mind you, Some app are written in .jar and .sis eg IM+, Nimbuzz, Winrar etc, Ir-remote can neva be written using java. What i am just saying is that C++ is best for core system app than java. Coreplayer cannot be written with java. Try read about it.
Yes I agree with you. C++ is a better platform for writing apps from the little I can gather . However I still contest that MOST not ALL apps that u have in nokia can be produced in a BB. Version.

Is coreplayer not a media player? We have media players on the BB maybe not as extensive as coreplayer but hey, they still do the job.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Mafia4life(m): 8:18pm On Jan 30, 2011
@TCD, You be my best truthful friend, I would love to get any of ur screen name for chatting ( Not pinging oooooo )
You are strong and stubborn, hehehehehehe
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by dipo2much(m): 5:40am On Jan 31, 2011
So in a nutshell,its false that 'ppl r sellin their bbs'. Bb users are only changin to newer bbs. TBH,among my buds,none sold his bb without buyin another bb. Nokias have many third party apps,cool. But a bb is unique. Even with relatively no 3rd party apps,we see how many bb users there are in Nigeria today. Numerous. Either for business or not,bb users like me are cool with their purchase.

And we carry our chargers everywhr only cos we are almost always clickin on our toys.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by frgy1: 7:12am On Jan 31, 2011
^^ same amount of clicking on a nokia won't require a charger bag ( don't mind me o, just couldn't resist grin )
@TCD do you stay in nigeria ? If so , which service provider offers unlimited download?
(Not challenging o ,just wana know cus I think they all put a limit on it. glo is 1.5GB)
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 7:37am On Jan 31, 2011
Mafia4life:

@TCD, You be my best truthful friend, I would love to get any of your screen name for chatting ( Not pinging oooooo )
You are strong and stubborn, hehehehehehe
LOL. Its ok. Send me your yahoo I'd or Nimbuzz I'd to tcdtcd99@yahoo.com, I'll add u up. wink
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2011
frgy_:

@TCD do you stay in nigeria ? If so , which service provider offers unlimited download?
(Not challenging o ,just wana know cus I think they all put a limit on it. glo is 1.5GB)
Its ok. [b]Etisalat[\b] and [b]MTN[\b] both offer [b]Unlimited downloads[\b].

Glo offers 1.5GB and Zain offers 1GB. But as for Zain, I have never seen anyone get disconnected after exhausting the 1GB limit. I know some heavy users on Zain who have severally crossed the 1GB many times over yet never have they being disconnected. Seems like it's only Glo that takes the download limit seriously. Zain allows you to tether too.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2011
For the doubters, I installed this Network Traffic app last week. Since It started reading last week, I've done almost 2GB in downloads. Checkout the pics. Pics don't lie wink

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by frgy1: 9:19am On Jan 31, 2011
^^^ Hmmm , sweet
Are you sure about the etisalat info ? You know anyone that has crossed the 1.5GB mark? Cus I talked to an etisalat cust care agent recently and was told that they have a 1.5GB limit on the monthly package
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Mafia4life(m): 9:34am On Jan 31, 2011
Issue resolved!
This BB diss is not refering to Business men like TCD, From the above posts, the result is this:
BB is best for business and downloads.
Symbian is best for multi purpose users.

BB- best for ephysm
Symbian- best for flexing

BB - Originator of QWERTY phones ( Not too sure )
Symbian - Originator of true smartphone.

No more fighting dude, I rock my Best Girlfriend ( E72 ) while you rock ur pet ( BB )

My desktop computer don stay for conner since i dey fit dey convert any audio format like wma, aac, etc to any format like wav, mp3, m4a etc. I still dey compress any size of mp3 to smaller sizes.
I fit dey cut and join or extract part of audio to use as ringtone,

If a BB does have educational tool like F(x) i will be so happy, Does BB have an MSdict? I wish to know cos i have lots of .PDB files ( mostly dictionaries up to 98MB ). Can I install wikipedia ( 106MB )in BB ? I wish to know cos i love these app

I wish i can install a torrent client on BB so that i can download loads of materials.
I only use my symtorrent when i am using WLAN.

I so much like BB but I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE this my precious stone ( E72 ),

for that of Etisalat crossing the limit, One thing you must know about their network is this.
Etisalat will continue to browse and download until you disconnect it, It happens to symbian too. I can download as much after exceeding the 100MB limit. Just give it a try. Disconnect the service after reaching the limit on BB and see if it will reconnect, Thanks
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2011
frgy_:

^^^ Hmmm , sweet
Are you sure about the etisalat info ? You know anyone that has crossed the 1.5GB mark? Cus  I talked to an etisalat cust care agent recently and was told that they have a 1.5GB limit  on the monthly package

I am 100% sure of Etisalat. The CC rep must have been misinformed. That same Customer Care told me there is No download limit for etisalat. In addition to the figure up there I have   Downloaded up to 2GB this month alone before I upgraded my OS last week. That's almost 4GB  this month alone.

Even the Daily package has no limit. I once payed 400naira for the day when I was originally testing Etisalat out and I downloaded Movies and series heading towards 800MB.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by WackyJ1(m): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2011
What's tempting me in this bb is the unlimited downloads.
TCD What does TCD stand for?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ifyalways(f): 12:03pm On Jan 31, 2011
More crapberry . . .cheap crapberry cheesy

http://potechintegrated.com/phones.html
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by DoubleN(m): 9:44pm On Jan 31, 2011
ifyalways:

More crapberry . . .cheap crapberry cheesy

http://potechintegrated.com/phones.html
LOL, Those ones are Chinko of the highest order! grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ifyalways(f): 9:27am On Feb 01, 2011
^na u talk am oh.
Berry na berry. cheesy
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by codedname: 12:29pm On Feb 02, 2011
@TCD, u mentioned that u know pple who download successfully on their zain bis, that shit is as slow as anything, I use it and I wonder how they did it. I'm even thinking of switching to etisalat, pls tell me. How reliable is their own bis service? And can u use the bb as a pc modem?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by semid4lyfe(m): 4:28pm On Feb 02, 2011
Ify, what phone do you use?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 4:53pm On Feb 02, 2011
codedname:

@TCD, u mentioned that u know pple who download successfully on their zain bis, that poo is as slow as anything, I use it and I wonder how they did it. I'm even thinking of switching to etisalat, pls tell me. How reliable is their own bis service? And can u use the bb as a pc modem?

Hi, the Zain stuff depends on your location. Zain is generally wack sha as of recent but there are certain locations where its okay.

Etisalat IMO, has the best EDGE network, even browsing on their GPRS is not bad. If your area has 3G, you should go for MTN coz they have Fast 3G.

The best thing you can do for yourself is if you want to switch to any network, just buy the 1 day BIS bundle and test it out before u commit your money for 1 month, it'll save you heartache.

As for tether, well, officially you cannot tether with etisalat.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 02, 2011
Better get on the MTN-Cast Symbian plan. It cover a whole range of services. And it is FR33 for Monthly plans.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 02, 2011
^^ @TCD they are gradually exposing your nyash in the open. Some of your claims are being debunked. You smartly falsified many things to make us believe that BB ain't crab. Many people using BB especially in Nigeria have not been using bb with ease. That is a known fact. Always Jumping from one network to the other,having problems with many of its applications,how do i set this and that,this ain't working,that still ain't working, Who wants that kind of stress. I dont think ur e71 ever gave u problem.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by yahoo2(m): 5:51pm On Feb 02, 2011
grin
No end in sight for this matter
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 6:06pm On Feb 02, 2011
kenis:

^^ @TCD they are gradually exposing your nyash in the open. Some of your claims are being debunked. You smartly falsified many things to make us believe that BB ain't crab. Many people using BB especially in Nigeria have not been using bb with ease. That is a known fact. Always Jumping from one network to the other,having problems with many of its applications,how do i set this and that,this ain't working,that still ain't working, Who wants that kind of stress. I dont think your e71 ever gave u problem.

What claims have been debunked?

Please forgive me but blaming the blackberry phone for network instability and user ignorance on appropriate use and settings on the bb is quite frankly a dumb thing to do. (No offense)

There are thousands of threads here of people complaining about network, apps and phone problems across all platforms. That you choose to single out the BB just shows you are being sentimental and dishonest.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by frgy1: 6:27pm On Feb 02, 2011
**sighs**
Enough already .
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by naijatiga: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2011
etisalat now offer BIS for as low as N2000 monthly, with 100 free SMS, they are very considerate.
they have designed a product for students which is the social plan @ N2000.
they have also designed another for workers,corporates,business people which is called email and IM @ N2500
all their plans come with 100 free SMS monthly, fantastic, so u gain N1000 back on the BIS social and email&IM prices.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by naijatiga: 6:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
we can all still own our blackberriiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss with etisalat social and email&IM plan
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Feb 02, 2011
TCD:

What claims have been debunked?

Please forgive me but blaming the blackberry phone for network instability and user ignorance on appropriate use and settings on the bb is quite frankly a dumb thing to do. (No offense)

There are thousands of threads here of people complaining about network, apps and phone problems across all platforms. That you choose to single out the BB just shows you are being sentimental and dishonest.

yee! I singled out BB because that is the only phone having issues with network. It is obvious that it flops every where but works fine with some mask/places. How do you expect one to be in one place just to be able to enjoy BIS or do you expect one to subscribe for all the network and carry 3sims and search for network that work each place one goes. That's rather a dump 'business idea'. Nigerian networks dont have issues connecting other smartphones. My phone just works fine with all the mask and i dont have to worry when i travel out of my home zone thereby doing my biz without any hiccup. The application failures is only for bb users not just an ignorance issue. Happy black day!
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by ceaser: 7:47pm On Feb 02, 2011
aze:

Better get on the MTN-Cast Symbian plan. It cover a whole range of services. And it is FR33 for Monthly plans.
Abeg, which one be cast symbian plan o make I quick rush go subscribe. Glo get the package too?
ifyalways:

^na u talk am oh.
Berry na berry.  cheesy
Hmmm. The problem wey crap, sorry crack, oh brack, oh no! b-b-bl-bl-bla-bla-blank-berry or apple i-crap go cause; hennn, the two of them no go fit solve am.

Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by TCD: 7:50pm On Feb 02, 2011
kenis:

yee! I singled out BB because that is the only phone having issues with network. It is obvious that it flops every where but works fine with some mask/places. How do you expect one to be in one place just to be able to enjoy BIS or do you expect one to subscribe for all the network and carry 3sims and search for network that work each place one goes. That's rather a dump 'business idea'. Nigerian networks dont have issues connecting other smartphones. My phone just works fine with all the mask and i dont have to worry when i travel out of my home zone thereby doing my biz without any hiccup. The application failures is only for bb users not just an ignorance issue. Happy black day!

Mr, you are just gripping at straws. Lol

What you're saying makes absolutely no sense.
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by naijatiga: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2011
it is important to note that the network quality can also lead to unpleasant experience with your BB, for me being on Etisalat has made a whole lot of difference, i remember my bb used to be very slow when i was on MTN and Airtel, I guess its because the other networks are larger and congested. Etisalat is still new, so no congestion, My BB experience has been very fast, compared to when i was on the other networks
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by lynxnoon(m): 4:50pm On Feb 03, 2011
Can anyone recommend a good blackberry repairer?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by Nobody: 8:40am On Feb 04, 2011
My plumber can handle that aspect for you. Your walkie talkie should work well after the repairs

lynxnoon:

Can anyone recommend a good blackberry repairer?
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by aieromon(m): 10:47am On Feb 04, 2011
aze:

My plumber can handle that aspect for you. Your walkie talkie should work well after the repairs

Nouf
Re: Why Are Many People Selling Or Dumping Their Blackberry? by lynxnoon(m): 2:56pm On Feb 04, 2011
@aze
most pple here know dat an a strong BB critic so it's either u answer thequestion or just quietly move on. . . . .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Download Google Chrome For Java Phones / MTN '*556# Is No Longer Working [*310#] Is The New Code / Lollest Apple Iphone Jokes You Must See Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.