Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

All Girls And Husband's Anger. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All Girls And Husband's Anger. (5503 Views)

Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / How Do People Who Don't Drink Or Smoke Relief Their Anger? / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 8:28am On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

That's why, despite their deep racism, US will prefer a male President than a female one, even of he is black or crazy.

But we have seen that women who make it to leadership positions often do better than their male counterparts, but that doesn't even matter too. The idea that a woman is in charge is often emasculating for you men, so you never want to see that happen.

Lol..

The "racist sexist pucci grabber" was a much better choice over a woman...and now, the person chosen by his haters to take him out, is a sexual pervert with scandals hanging over his head.
You can't make this up... cheesy

@women who do better in leadership positions, examples please?

4 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 8:31am On May 06, 2020
cococandy:
Bet he wouldn’t be crying if it was a third son.

People pretend like malignant misogyny isn’t a bane of everyday life in this society but it is. Whatever encourages the belittling of the feminine gender is part of the culprit and needs to be moved back into the past so we can progress like a civilized society that we are supposed to be.

Including but limited to pressuring people to favor male children.

Personal Preference is not the same thing.
The bold is not true!
We have also seen cases of couples wanting a female child, because they have only boys. My neighbour gave birth to five children because the man wanted female, four boys & a girl. He stopped when his wife gave birth to a girl.

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 8:33am On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lol..

The "racist sexist pucci grabber" was a much better choice over a woman...and now, the person chosen by his haters to take him out, is a sexual pervert with scandals hanging over his head.
You can't make this up... cheesy

@women who do better in leadership positions, examples please?

They already mentioned a few Nigerian women here.

But also, look at New Zealand and Germany. Women leaders who have shown true excellence.

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by thorpido(m): 8:34am On May 06, 2020
bukatyne:

I don't understand this post.

Your husband was fine with two girls.

An additional baby (girl) came and he is sad that he has changed at home.

Wasn't he content with two girls? What difference does the third make?

Or is his pain the fact that your finances would be stretched and he is not getting his male child?

Engage him on a tete a tete and make him see reason that it is God that gives children and all your children will be blessed and great whether male or female.

Point out late Dora Akunyili, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde, Folorunsho Alakija, Ibunkun Awosika etc etc that have done great things and are still doing great things.

Children are like blank canvas, it is what you write/code you get.

Sorry for the pressure on you, sorry to him for the sacrifice he has to go through while not getting his baby boy.

Goodluck.
Obviously@bold.His attitude is that if he has to take on extra expenditure,then the compensation should be a boy.

Op,you have to develop for yourself a strong mental attitude.Going forward may not be a smooth sail.You will have to ignore your husband's tantrums and gain inner peace for your own good.
Talk to him about the blessing of having a new baby irrespective of the sex.Remind him that it is the man that determines the sex of the baby and it is what he deposited.
Most importantly,get on contraceptives that have high reliability if you don't want more babies.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 8:36am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

The bold is not true!
We have also seen cases of couples wanting a female child, because they have only boys. My neighbour gave birth to five children because the man wanted female, four boys & a girl. He stopped when his wife gave birth to a girl.

I said people would want both gender if they could didn't I? I know I wanted one boy in my flock. But the real issue is when you don't get it the way you want, why let that affect your life and the way you treat your wife and kids?

We lose a lot of dreams along the way but we don't transfer aggression to our spouses when we do.

12 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 8:38am On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

They already mentioned a few Nigerian women here.

But also, look at New Zealand and Germany. Women leaders who have shown true excellence.
Yea but I was hoping to see what metric of measurement you used to arrive at the conclusion that they do/did better than their male counterparts.

Never mind anyway... grin

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 8:44am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

@ first bold We all understand it is in no one's power to decide the gender of a child, I can't remember faulting anyone.

@ second bold it is not true & u know it.
We have constantly seen how women are holding vital positions in the world today & are respected.

Just tell me one thing a man can do today & a woman is not allowed to do all over the world?

@ third bold it is also not true.
Are u indirectly saying people who don't have children want children to feed their ego? Firstly, a child is a child regardless of gender, Seeking a balance got nothing to do with ego.

Behind every woman holding a leadership position, there is always a man somewhere thinking he can do better. Not necessarily because he can, but because he is a man. Women have to put up with a lot when they are leaders, just because they are not men. I'm talking from personal experience.

So when you cant acheive balance you strike out and attack people around you? You think that is acceptable behavior, and the poster should 'understand'?

6 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 8:45am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

U women don't get it!
Dora Akunyili status in the society doesn't make her a man. A male child is different from female. A man wanting a male child isn't necessarily after that male child becoming rich or big in the society tomorrow, but he just want a male child to fill that empty part of his life. U think men who are after male children don't know the likes of dora & ngozi? Forget what u people hear, every man feels that emptiness without a male child, every man wish for it! As a woman, u will never understand this. @op give him time, he will come over it.

Only senseless people generalize.

Every man indeed.

11 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 8:45am On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Yea but I was hoping to see what metric of measurement you used to arrive at the conclusion that they do/did better than their male counterparts.

Never mind anyway... grin

cheesy cheesy

Do you know germany has completely defeated Coronavirus? I mean the one western country to achieve that is the one with a woman leader. How poetic!

8 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by xrayj(m): 8:52am On May 06, 2020
Plead:

Only senseless people generalize.

Every man indeed.
Unless u are not normal cheesy
It doesn't even apply to men alone
Which human wouldn't wish for a balance of a male & female child? Even women wish to have a male child too! Every couple wish is to have a male & female child! Because u have only one gender doesn't negate that fact!

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 9:28am On May 06, 2020
obiekunie2:

if we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

it weakens a man's ego. It makes him feel inferior among his fellow men.

you should av done your best to keep it at two instead of giving him 3 girls.

just hope it doesn't push him to go look for a baby boy outside.

hope for the best sha! pray he gets over it.

bit he is the one at fault na

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Gloriagee(f): 9:49am On May 06, 2020
Since we are telling ourselves the truth, hope you know that so many men have 'fathered' so many kids that are not biologically theirs while trying to avoid feeling inferior.

obiekunie2:

if we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

it weakens a man's ego. It makes him feel inferior among his fellow men.

you should av done your best to keep it at two instead of giving him 3 girls.

just hope it doesn't push him to go look for a baby boy outside.

hope for the best sha! pray he gets over it.

7 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 9:57am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

It got nothing to do with Igbo!
A female child is as important as a male child, but they are different! There are certain things a father can do with a son, but not with a female child. Every man wish for a son, but u will never understand as a woman.
you maybe right but I don't think a white man will agree with you on this.

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by obiekunie2: 10:17am On May 06, 2020
Gloriagee:
Since we are telling ourselves the truth, hope you know that so many men have 'fathered' so many kids that are not biologically theirs while trying to avoid feeling inferior.

damn!

you are very wicked gloria!

that area is a taboo to mention it.

we generally avoid discussing that topic because it drastically kills our moral and make us hate women.

pls try not to go to that unspeakable cold truth next time.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 11:19am On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

cheesy cheesy

Do you know germany has completely defeated Coronavirus? I mean the one western country to achieve that is the one with a woman leader. How poetic!
Well I don't know what you mean by COMPLETELY or where you get your news from...but seeing as there's no country that has completely defeated COVID-19, I can understand how your need to make a point pushes you to twist reality to your taste. grin

Even the health minister says:

"We are humble, not overconfident" Health Minister Jens Spahn has said repeatedly, though he has not been shy to tout Germany's widespread testing. While testing has been robust, it is not as aggressive as it might first seem. Per capita, Germany has tested about as much as Italy, and capacity has always far outpaced actual tests. Nationwide, labs say they are processing about half their potential output of 860,000 tests per week; the RKI has said adequate testing starts at 1 million per week.
https://amp.dw.com/en/coronavirus-in-germany-100-days-later/a-53341745

Reading through the link, insiders attribute their reduced death toll (NOT complete defeat) to good timing and goodluck.

But nice try though. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 11:45am On May 06, 2020
Smh
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 11:53am On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Well I don't know what you mean by COMPLETELY or where you get your news from...but seeing as there's no country that has completely defeated COVID-19, I can understand how your need to make a point pushes you to twist reality to your taste. grin

Even the health minister says:

https://amp.dw.com/en/coronavirus-in-germany-100-days-later/a-53341745

Reading through the link, insiders attribute their reduced death toll (NOT complete defeat) to good timing and goodluck.

But nice try though. cheesy

Okay, maybe not completely, but comparatively!
cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 11:56am On May 06, 2020
xrayj:

Unless u are not normal cheesy
It doesn't even apply to men alone
Which human wouldn't wish for a balance of a male & female child? Even women wish to have a male child too! Every couple wish is to have a male & female child! Because u have only one gender doesn't negate that fact!

So who dictates who is normal and who is not?

6 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 12:07pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Okay, maybe not completely, but comparatively!
cheesy cheesy
Comparatively to what na?
Is Germany the only country recording low death rates? cheesy

Abeg rest, or look for something/someone else to make your point... grin

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:21pm On May 06, 2020
Kamani8:

Na de children condition pain me pass. I shed tears the day i saw them. I barely recognized them. The once tampered ajes were playing barefooted on the street with other kids and looking so malnourished. They were even the ones that recognized and ran to me. U can't imagine my pain. The man kuku no care about baby girls. Long story my dear.

Please be wise
Oh no! So painful! God will make a way for them and change their fathers heart to realise they are also children

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 12:41pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

On top of everything she has to worry about his ego too? And how he looks with his friends?

As a mother of all girls I find this post very very offensive.

People tell me that I'm 'lucky' that my husband is not 'disturbing' me . . And talk like that truly leave me speechless. As in, I don't even know how to put my indignation into words.

@ Poster, I can't tell you how to feel about your child. I wish I understood what the fuss is all about, I really do. But all I can say is to NEVER let any one bring you down, husband or not. You only bring out what he put in you so if anyone should be angry it should be you.

I was also dissapointed whenever I found out I was having a girl again, but when I met my baby it all dissapered. The truth is that the love you have for your child is unconstitutional and not dependent on their gender. Most times, the negative feelings come from what we think people will say, and how the 'family name' may be lost without a boy child. So are you going yo let others dictate to you how to feel about your own child? Are you going to pressure yourseld over unreasonable expectations?

I suggest you call your husband to order and let him know how utterly foolish his actions are. Also, those children he is turning his back now may end up being his saviors tomorrow. Karmar can be funny like that.
Thanks so much for this.

Honestly, I was also disappointed when I found out it's a girl again cos I also wanted a boy knowing this is our last baby due to financial constraints. But the joy of meeting my baby soon bring smiles to my face and the privilege of being a mother, am ever grateful to God for it cos many are desiring this precious gift which I pray God will grant onto them.

Am happy your husband understands, I pray mine too will come to terms with our girls one day.

Thanks a lot, am really encouraged

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 12:49pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

Comparatively to what na?
Is Germany the only country recording low death rates? cheesy

Abeg rest, or look for something/someone else to make your point... grin

Go and do your research well oga. Of course, it's typical for you men to discredit anything women's achieve. tongue tongue tongue

Compare Germany and New Zealand to your precious Nigeria, where a whole man is the President. I'm not even going to talk about the US! tongue tongue

I was actually thinking New Zealand initially, not Germany . . . . . You can google their records since you are so good at it. tongue

11 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 12:52pm On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

Thanks so much for this.

Honestly, I was also disappointed when I found out it's a girl again cos I also wanted a boy knowing this is our last baby due to financial constraints. But the joy of meeting my baby soon bring smiles to my face and the privilege of being a mother, am ever grateful to God for it cos many are desiring this precious gift which I pray God will grant onto them.

Am happy your husband understands, I pray mine too will come to terms with our girls one day.

Thanks a lot, am really encouraged

I pray he does too . . . but even if he doesn't don't let it stop you from enjoying your blessings.

And who knows, your finances can improve tomorrow and you can try again, and do gender selection.

5 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:07pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Do you think women with girls don't also want boys? I mean if we all could choose I bet we will all go for both gender. But that's the thing, it's not usually up to us to decide. So why make someone feel guilty about something that is out of their control?

Of course men want sons more so they can parade them as their heirs and somehow satisfy some kind of patriarchal need. Women probably don't really care that much, because all they need is a child to nurture, not some heir.

The fact that women will always be seen as second class citizens next to men doesn't always make it easy. No matter how accomplished a woman is, it somehow doesn't matter so much because she is not a man. That's why, despite their deep racism, US will prefer a male President than a female one, even of he is black or crazy. But we have seen that women who make it to leadership positions often do better than their male counterparts, but that doesn't even matter too. The idea that a woman is in charge is often emasculating for you men, so you never want to see that happen.

So bottom line is that men want sons to feed their ego, nothing more. And honestly, if a man needs a son to make himself feel good, then he wasn't really much of a man to begin with.

I mean you say you are a man and therefore 'superior', yet all it takes for you to have an identity crisis is the gender of your infant child. So your entire superiority is reliant on your newborn Isn't that a litte sad?
Exactly!
We want both gender. But it's beyond us to decide.
My husband complains of his friends and few family members telling him "your wife must give you a boy this time " as if it's my decision to make.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:13pm On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

Exactly!
We want both gender. But it's beyond us to decide.
My husband complains of his friends and few family members telling him "your wife much give you a boy this time " as if it's my decision to make.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you are now the one doing the 'giving'

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 1:22pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Go and do your research well oga. Of course, it's typical for you men to discredit anything women's achieve. tongue tongue tongue

Compare Germany and New Zealand to your precious Nigeria, where a whole man is the President. I'm not even going to talk about the US! tongue tongue

I was actually thinking New Zealand initially, not Germany . . . . . You can google their records since you are so good at it. tongue
I don't know what brought Nigeria into this. grin

If you want to compare what female leaders did/are doing, that comparison should be made with male leaders within the same region or former male leaders in that same country, that's how you do an analysis.

For example, Theresa May as PM of Britain could not get parliament to agree on a Brexit deal.. yet Boris Johnson came in and got it done.
Now that's a comparison... unfortunately, not favouring a woman, so you won't mention it. cheesy

If you want to use Africa, you will compare former president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia with the incumbent president...again not favouring her, yet you won't mention it. grin

Now it's to compare Germany and Nigeria based on what exactly?
You did not see Austria led by a man, and with lower and comparatively better handling of COVID-19 to compare with Germany, na Nigeria you mention.
It's only Germany and New Zealand the CNN you're watching talks about abi..

You have no argument abeg, go rest. grin

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by johnkey: 1:24pm On May 06, 2020
Dande55:

And the men constantly killing, raping and stealing from the society are What? You lots will leave the greater problem entangling your gender to come say rubbish about females.
Rubbish.
you miss road?
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:24pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

I don't know what brought Nigeria into this. grin

If you want to compare what female leaders did/are doing, that comparison should be made with male leaders within the same region or former male leaders in that same country, that's how you do an analysis.

For example, Theresa May as PM of Britain could not get parliament to agree on a Brexit deal.. yet Boris Johnson came in and got it done.
Now that's a comparison... unfortunately, not favouring a woman, so you won't mention it. cheesy

If you want to use Africa, you will compare former president Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia with the incumbent president...again not favouring her, yet you won't mention it. grin

Now it's to compare Germany and Nigeria based on what exactly?
You did not see Austria led by a man, and with lower and comparatively better handling of COVID-19 to compare with Germany, na Nigeria you mention.
It's only Germany and New Zealand CNN you're watching talks about abi..

You have no argument abeg, go rest. grin

How many women leaders do we have, compared to men?

That should guide you in your analysis.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:27pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

I pray he does too . . . but even if he doesn't don't let it stop you from enjoying your blessings.

And who knows, your finances can improve tomorrow and you can try again, and do gender selection.
Thanks.

Does the gender selection actually works? And please how is it done.
For our second baby, we did the ovulation stuff but it didn't work. This third, wasn't planned.
We don't intend to try again, our improved finances tomorrow would be used to take care of our present family.
Thanks
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 1:28pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

How many women leaders do we have, compared to men?

That should guide you in your analysis.
So if just one or two female leaders do well, then that statistic alone is enough to say female leaders do better than all the men that have been/still doing well abi.

Clap for yourself... grin

5 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:29pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

So you are now the one doing the 'giving'
I just tire ooo embarassed
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:38pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

So if just one or two female leaders do well, then that statistic alone is enough to say female leaders do better than all the men that have been/still doing well abi.

Clap for yourself... grin

IF women, few as they may be, can be outstanding . . . against all odds, then yes they are doing better than men.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Afroman (from The "Cos I Got High" Tune) Knocks Girl Unconscious On Stage(video) / Selina Tested Episode 23 (the Dead Of SIBI) / My Adult Daughter Is Too Close To Me. Is It Normal, Appropriate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.