Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,957 members, 7,952,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:46 AM

All Girls And Husband's Anger. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / All Girls And Husband's Anger. (5823 Views)

Camp Where Wives Go To Vent Their Anger Against Their Husbands - Photos / Am I Doing Bad As A Father And Husband / 60-year-old Woman And Husband Welcome First Baby After 36 Years Of Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:39pm On May 06, 2020
cococandy:
Bet he wouldn’t be crying if it was a third son.

People pretend like malignant misogyny isn’t a bane of everyday life in this society but it is. Whatever encourages the belittling of the feminine gender is part of the culprit and needs to be moved back into the past so we can progress like a civilized society that we are supposed to be.

Including but limited to pressuring people to favor male children.

Personal Preference is not the same thing.
You are very correct about if it was a third son he won't cry. He said it himself that if they were all boys no problem at all

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 1:39pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

How many women leaders do we have, compared to men?

That should guide you in your analysis.

How many Nigerian women are interested in politics or being in power in the first place ...
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:40pm On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

Thanks.

Does the gender selection actually works? And please how is it done.
For our second baby, we did the ovulation stuff but it didn't work. This third, wasn't planned.
Thanks

Oh yes, it really does. I know a lot of people who have done it and are successful. There are medical procedures people do . . follicular tracking, IVF etc.

We don't intend to try again, our improved finances tomorrow would be used to take care of our present family.

Great!
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:41pm On May 06, 2020
thorpido:
Obviously@bold.His attitude is that if he has to take on extra expenditure,then the compensation should be a boy.

Op,you have to develop for yourself a strong mental attitude.Going forward may not be a smooth sail.You will have to ignore your husband's tantrums and gain inner peace for your own good.
Talk to him about the blessing of having a new baby irrespective of the sex.Remind him that ot is the man that determines the sex of the baby and it is what he deposited.
Most importantly,get on contraceptives that have high reliability if you don't want more babies.
Okay. Thanks a lot
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:44pm On May 06, 2020
Plead:

How many Nigerian women are interested in politics or being in power in the first place ...

You will be surprised how many they are . . . and a lot of them will do well too.

But women in Nigeria have to be careful so their men won't feel emasculated. Where I am from, it was considered a privilege for women to be 'allowed' to work by their husbands. I remember how when I had my first child my husband got a lot of bashing from his friends because I had to leave my infant with a Nanny to go work. Many of them bragged that they would never allow such.

But the economy is changing, businesses are no longer doing so well . . . men now want their wives to work and contribute to the family.

I believe someday they will also allow us to vie for political positions.

4 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:50pm On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

You are very correct about if it was a third son he won't cry. He said it himself that if they were all boys no problem at all

That your husband can talk sha . . . You sef you need to also defend yourself. Shebi it is his sperm that determines the gender? Why did he not put boys into you rather than girls? Now you are having a third girl, just because of his inadequacies . . . Maybe he should ask his fellow-men what they do to put male-forming sperms in their wives . . . . Abi does he think you like going to the labour room to suffer and then end up with only girls? He needs to man up biko tongue tongue grin grin

I like men like your husband, I get to display my other side with them. My husband is too much of a gentle-man. angry angry

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 1:53pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Oh yes, it really does. I know a lot of people who have done it and are successful. There are medical procedures people do . . follicular tracking, IVF etc.

Great!
That's great. I thank God it's successful. Women with the money can do it to have a peaceful home,free from constant blames, unnecessary angers and balanced gender
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:54pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

For example, Theresa May as PM of Britain could not get parliament to agree on a Brexit deal.. yet Boris Johnson came in and got it done.
Now that's a comparison... unfortunately, not favouring a woman, so you won't mention it. cheesy

Theresa May wasn't the only one that failed to get a deal. Cameron had to resign too . . .

Also, Theresa did not get the support she needed because she was a woman. Now a tool like Boris Johnson finally got it done, terribly if I should add, and you call that an achievement? Please!

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 1:59pm On May 06, 2020
sysengr:

That's great. I thank God it's successful. Women with the money can do it to have a peaceful home, free from constant blames, unnecessary angers and balanced gender

It's really not about the money my dear. I had the money, but I felt I will rather have girls than play God. It's a personal belief, and I don't condemn those that choose to go the other way.

Bottom line is that you need to find peace within you, and believe that everything happens for a reason.

Also, it's not for you as a woman to take that step. If your husband really wanted a son, he should have taken the initiative and found the money for it.

Having boys doesn't also guarantee peace in the home, I'm sure you know that.

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by SmileDance(f): 2:28pm On May 06, 2020
Kamani8:

Op stay away from talks like this. U don't need blames not this time, not ever.

As per your hubby's attitude;
Ignore him and pay him no mind, that's the best way. Please don't try to appease him over your inability to birth a son. Never ever accept it as your fault cos its not.Thats the mistake ladies make.

Find something doing, raise your sweet baby, and move all the way on.

If he likes let him get a baby boy outside, not your business. You'll at least be alive to raise your daughters.

That's how my neighbour killed herself trying to birth a 5th child(boy) because of her husband.
In the end, she and the baby died during labour and while she was still at the morgue, the man was busy at unilag with slayqueens.

Ladies it's time some of u borrow sense. I hate nonsense
seconded
This isn't gonna be easy, but trust me it ll be worth it

2 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by blank(f): 3:16pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Theresa May wasn't the only one that failed to get a deal. Cameron had to resign too . . .

Also, Theresa did not get the support she needed because she was a woman. Now a tool like Boris Johnson finally got it done, terribly if I should add, and you call that an achievement? Please!

Cameron resigned because Britain voted Brexit and he was for the EU so he resigned out of principle. He didn't get to the stage of trying to get a Brexit deal. Theresa May was just not a very well liked person.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 3:51pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

That your husband can talk sha . . . You sef you need to also defend yourself. Shebi it is his sperm that determines the gender? Why did he not put boys into you rather than girls? Now you are having a third girl, just because of his inadequacies . . . Maybe he should ask his fellow-men what they do to put male-forming sperms in their wives . . . . Abi does he think you like going to the labour room to suffer and then end up with only girls? He needs to man up biko tongue tongue grin grin

I like men like your husband, I get to display my other side with them. My husband is too much of a gentle-man. angry angry
Abi ooo. Lol. You are right.

You are lucky to have such husband. My own his mouth no be here and that is what hurts him most cos he can't make much mouth for his friends again, they will always use the no boy issue to attack him. I told him to use same mouth to be proud of his girls too.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 4:03pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

It's really not about the money my dear. I had the money, but I felt I will rather have girls than play God. It's a personal belief, and I don't condemn those that choose to go the other way.

Bottom line is that you need to find peace within you, and believe that everything happens for a reason.

Also, it's not for you as a woman to take that step. If your husband really wanted a son, he should have taken the initiative and found the money for it.

Having boys doesn't also guarantee peace in the home, I'm sure you know that.
That's very true.

The peace I mean is for my type of husband not to constantly remind the wife saying "if only he has a son"

Abeg it's his fault. Let me not go through stress of what I can't control. God will help me ignore his mood, with time he will adjust to his girls.
Thanks a lot dear
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 4:15pm On May 06, 2020
SmileDance:
seconded
This isn't gonna be easy, but trust me it ll be worth it
Thanks
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 4:31pm On May 06, 2020
blank:

Cameron resigned because Britain voted Brexit and he was for the EU so he resigned out of principle. He didn't get to the stage of trying to get a Brexit deal. Theresa May was just not a very well liked person.

Actually it was all politics, and he agreed to do what they want if they voted him in. He thought he would be able to change their minds, but it didn't work.

Theresa May got the job, didn't she? So why wasn't she liked? Maybe because she was a woman?
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by blank(f): 6:29pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Actually it was all politics, and he agreed to do what they want if they voted him in. He thought he would be able to change their minds, but it didn't work. I don't necessarily agree. He wanted Britain in the EU, Brexit won so he didn't want to supervise a process he didn't agree with.

Theresa May got the job, didn't she? So why wasn't she liked? Maybe because she was a woman?

She wasn't liked because she wasn't a very nice person. As home secretary, she had many anti immigration policies. As prime minister, she was authoritarian, enough policy somersaults, inability to take responsibility for her actions and she refused to listen to reason. Her Brexit plan was crap and she refused to change it because she feels she knows best.

Regardless of her gender, she wasn't a very good leader.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by UjuJoan2: 6:52pm On May 06, 2020
blank:

She wasn't liked because she wasn't a very nice person. As home secretary, she had many anti immigration policies. As prime minister, she was authoritarian, enough policy somersaults, inability to take responsibility for her actions and she refused to listen to reason. Her Brexit plan was crap and she refused to change it because she feels she knows best.

There are worse men leaders who still get the support of their electorate, case in point US. Leadership is a very tricky thing, I don't imagine it's a popularity contest. She was tough when she needed to be and stuck to what she believed in . . . and if she were a man, people wouldn't have been so critical.

David Cameron was so loved and an excellent leader, but yet he couldn't get the Brits to stay in the EU. The whole BREXIT idea was messy, and anyone getting into knew they were going into a war they can never win . . . well, except for someone like Boris.

Do you think Boris Johnson has a more likeable personality than Theresa May?
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 7:32pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

You will be surprised how many they are . . . and a lot of them will do well too.

But women in Nigeria have to be careful so their men won't feel emasculated. Where I am from, it was considered a privilege for women to be 'allowed' to work by their husbands. I remember how when I had my first child my husband got a lot of bashing from his friends because I had to leave my infant with a Nanny to go work. Many of them bragged that they would never allow such.

But the economy is changing, businesses are no longer doing so well . . . men now want their wives to work and contribute to the family.

I believe someday they will also allow us to vie for political positions.
I have a feeling you dedicated your day today to argue things you believe to be true only inside your bubble, not in the real world... grin

So Nigerian women don't vie for political positions? cheesy

Who come be all those senators and representatives looking like women... Cross-dressers abi

Sarah Jibril that has contested for presidency more than once, did you vote for her at anytime or she was not good enough? grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by crackkhaus: 7:35pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

Uju, where do you get your information from?

We need to sue them for providing you with brain-draining alternate facts. grin

6 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by bukatyne(f): 7:51pm On May 06, 2020
thorpido:
Obviously@bold.His attitude is that if he has to take on extra expenditure,then the compensation should be a boy.

Op,you have to develop for yourself a strong mental attitude.Going forward may not be a smooth sail.You will have to ignore your husband's tantrums and gain inner peace for your own good.
Talk to him about the blessing of having a new baby irrespective of the sex.Remind him that ot is the man that determines the sex of the baby and it is what he deposited.
Most importantly,get on contraceptives that have high reliability if you don't want more babies.

Very true.

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Mizwisdom(f): 7:56pm On May 06, 2020
Someone will be reading this and wondering why God hasn't opened her own womb when people are picking and rejecting their pregnancy because of gender. This life is indeed a mystery o, somebody else will kill Cow for the news of a healthy child, but why is life good to some and so harsh to others.

1 Like

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 06, 2020
blank:

Blank kiss
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 9:34pm On May 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:
Someone will be reading this and wondering why God hasn't opened her own womb when people are picking and rejecting their pregnancy because of gender. This life is indeed a mystery o, somebody else will kill Cow for the news of a healthy child, but why is life good to some and so harsh to others.

I said this earlier that am ever grateful to God for making me a mother cos I know people desire this same gift irrespective of the gender. I usually say same thing to my husband most time he complains.

God, am so sorry for my worries, I appreciate you for my wonderful girls. I pray you bless every woman with this precious gift of being a mother cos it's a joy that knows no bound. Amen!

3 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by blank(f): 11:21pm On May 06, 2020
UjuJoan2:

There are worse men leaders who still get the support of their electorate, case in point US. Leadership is a very tricky thing, I don't imagine it's a popularity contest. She was tough when she needed to be and stuck to what she believed in . . . and if she were a man, people wouldn't have been so critical.

David Cameron was so loved and an excellent leader, but yet he couldn't get the Brits to stay in the EU. The whole BREXIT idea was messy, and anyone getting into knew they were going into a war they can never win . . . well, except for someone like Boris.

Do you think Boris Johnson has a more likeable personality than Theresa May?

She was always dithering and making policy u-turns. Her Brexit plan was very flawed and she couldn't make the necessary adjustments. Which British person will leave Northern Ireland behind in the EU?

Boris Johnson is sort of a boorish person. However, he was able to push through his plans. I don't like his personality as well.

I'm sorry i detracted from your main premise.
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by blank(f): 11:23pm On May 06, 2020
Plead:

Blank kiss

angry
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Nobody: 11:29pm On May 06, 2020
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by blank(f): 2:06am On May 07, 2020
@ sysengr, I believe your husband loves his girls and will come round to it after a while. Even if you had 2 boys and then the third was a boy, your husband will still feel somehow. It's the lack of a particular gender that's his grouse. Once he sees his baby's face, he will fall in love with her. Give hi time.

4 Likes

Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by frozen70(f): 5:12am On May 07, 2020
sysengr:
Am happily married with two girls. My husband is very simple and understanding. He is playful and loving father. I have been in peace with my husband all along.

Due to our financial stand, we anchored to stop at the two. Though, I got pregnant again for our third which was not planned.

The scan result revealed a girl child. And since then, my husband's mood has changed, not because is the third child but a girl. This is a man that always assist me in the home on daily bases with joy. But now things are no longer the same, he has changed drastically. He frequently gets angry with me and the children. My husband always says to me "why not a boy".

This has been a burden on me and am due for delivery soon.

Please advice me on how to cope with his new attitude.

Thanks.

A man's chromosomes are responsible for the child gender, that alone, calm down and help yourself to put to bed successfully

Your health matters at this point

After putting to bed, when you think you can go for another one, you guys can see a gynaecologist for sex selection
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by Alennsar(f): 11:16am On May 07, 2020
obiekunie2:

if we will tell ourselves the truth, we all know its not easy to have three baby girls at home - especially for an African man.

it weakens a man's ego. It makes him feel inferior among his fellow men.

you should av done your best to keep it at two instead of giving him 3 girls.

just hope it doesn't push him to go look for a baby boy outside.

hope for the best sha! pray he gets over it.

Eeyee! Shoro niye
She should have stopped at that two instead of giving him another baby girl? Abi

I taught the man determine the gender of the child, he should blame himself for not being able to father a boy.
African men believe that a boy child is everything. Nawa ooo
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 2:01pm On May 07, 2020
blank:
@ sysengr, I believe your husband loves his girls and will come round to it after a while. Even if you had 2 boys and then the third was a boy, your husband will still feel somehow. It's the lack of a particular gender that's his grouse. Once he sees his baby's face, he will fall in love with her. Give hi time.
I pray and hope he will ooo.
Thanks a lot
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 2:11pm On May 07, 2020
frozen70:

A man's chromosomes are responsible for the child gender, that alone, calm down and help yourself to put to bed successfully

Your health matters at this point

After putting to bed, when you think you can go for another one, you guys can see a gynaecologist for sex selection
Whenever I say it's the man that determines the sex, sometimes he says a woman that receives it also needs to have high alkalinity. So annoying.
It's so hard for him to accept it's fully his fault.

Modified: I believe God's will also prevails in terms of sex too.

Thanks a lot
Re: All Girls And Husband's Anger. by sysengr(f): 2:13pm On May 07, 2020
Alennsar:

Eeyee! Shoro niye
She should have stopped at that two instead of giving him another baby girl? Abi

I taught the man determine the gender of the child, he should blame himself for not being able to father a boy.
African men believe that a boy child is everything. Nawa ooo
I tire ooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Untold Stories Of Single Mothers / Your 45 Year Old Friend Is Sleeping with Your 25 Year Old Son. Whose Side Will U Be? / Singles And Married Whats Your Biggest Fear In Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.