Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k (4793 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by yvelchstores(f): 8:37pm On May 06, 2020
duality:

You spoke well, it seem difficult these days. The ladies have fantasized so much about the wedding cere-party. A young man who manages to have a car will be forced into heavyweight marriage ceremony. They want to show that their daughter married a well to do man. Some families will accuse the young man of being stingy.

My friend just did his own and they task this young man till breaking point.. thy guy was just doing his best to avoid hand falling. The girl contributed, but you know how women contribute. It's not going to be 100%. the promise to contribute, is just for them to have their way.

Even church fine them, because they didn't do some things.

It's not easy jare.

it's well my brother.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 8:47pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. Please, go away first.
E hard to answer abi? Don't worry, I understand..

Because the way you were talking about the 500k for makeup and hair and then mentioning all those other things, I had a feeling you have the money stashed somewhere instead of just waiting for him to do it all. grin

7 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Mizwisdom(f): 8:53pm On May 06, 2020
For you and your wife, budget N200000 for outfits. Then registry N10k, invite your parents, siblings, immediate family members and few friends. Visit your priest for blessing and put N5000 in envelope to show gratitude. Guest list shouldn't be more than 30, Get your cake for N15K, get a caterer let her prepare a sumptuous meal for 50 guests, buy drinks (total cost N150000). Venue should be a hall with small capacity N40K. The remaining N40K good pictures , N20K DJ. Just hold the remaining in case something unforseen comes up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:07pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

E hard to answer abi? Don't worry, I understand..

Because the way you were talking about the 500k for makeup and hair and then mentioning all those other things, I had a feeling you have the money stashed somewhere instead of just waiting for him to do it all. grin

What does it matter to you, though, Mr Crackhaus?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 9:13pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

What does it matter to you, though, Mr Crackhaus?
To me? Nothing...
It's just conversation in a public space

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:39pm On May 06, 2020
crackkhaus:

To me? Nothing...
It's just conversation in a public space

Okay, then. If my intended hubby has a lot more money than I do, he’ll pay for everything. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 06, 2020
If not that our currency is useless now, I will say 500k is too much.

Also it depends on where u want to host the wedding
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:
For you and your wife, budget N200000 for outfits. Then registry N10k, invite your parents, siblings, immediate family members and few friends. Visit your priest for blessing and put N5000 in envelope to show gratitude. Guest list shouldn't be more than 30, Get your cake for N15K, get a caterer let her prepare a sumptuous meal for 50 guests, buy drinks (total cost N150000). Venue should be a hall with small capacity N40K. The remaining N40K good pictures , N20K DJ. Just hold the remaining in case something unforseen comes up.
Hmm, priest these days have their lists o for everything.
From wedding to burial.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by drmikeadams(m): 10:00pm On May 06, 2020
grin grin grin no go throway that money for wedding,,kuku find one baby momma make e born for u.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Raalsalghul: 10:25pm On May 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Isn't that too much?

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by zedegit: 10:30pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:
Do the traditional rights. Nothing fancy; probably a parlour thing with only close family.

Go to court with like 3-6 witnesses and go for lunch in a fast food joint or do small chops and drinks.

Go to the pastor's office for marriage blessings.

And if the money is ok, make sure your suit and her dress are good quality (not necessarily a regular wedding dress) and a good photographer to capture the important moments well.

Is court necessary?
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by zedegit: 10:33pm On May 06, 2020
Biancah:
Go to the registry with your parents, witness, a few close friends and your siblings, sign your prenuptial agreement and your marriage certificate, go for a celebratory dinner .
Later go for Thanksgiving in the church, find something to invest your money on, maybe a land, treasury bills or whatever.
There is absolutely no need of trying to impress people.
My opinion.

How do you go for wedding Thanksgiving when you didn't do it in church.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 10:34pm On May 06, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Traditional rights nko?
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 10:35pm On May 06, 2020
zedegit:

Is court necessary?

Yes it is.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by zedegit: 10:39pm On May 06, 2020
PrimadonnaO:
Personally, I don’t want a fanfare marriage ceremony either... just what’s most important... and a few friends.

But my clothes, hair, makeup and shoes will exhaust that 500k. cry. I don’t want to trade those. Those pictures gotta look peng forever! cheesy

Will you be willing to foot 50% of that budget?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by zedegit: 10:54pm On May 06, 2020
ImaIma1:

Yes it is.

It favours the woman more.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 11:03pm On May 06, 2020
zedegit:

Will you be willing to foot 50% of that budget?

You know it’s not your business, right? smiley

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by ImaIma1(f): 11:04pm On May 06, 2020
zedegit:

It favours the woman more.

It legalizes the marriage.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Elimon(m): 11:29pm On May 06, 2020
Pay her bride price
...carry that money and invest in business or buy land...you are better off than that white thing they call wedding
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by faithfull18(f): 12:07am On May 07, 2020
This period, you shouldn't be asking that kind of question because you would do a wedding and still keep the change.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by yuswrld20(m): 12:09am On May 07, 2020
go and meet event planner
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by cooooooks(m): 8:27am On May 07, 2020
I don't think I can marry in we country o.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 10:18am On May 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Okay, then. If my intended hubby has a lot more money than I do, he’ll pay for everything. cheesy
Lol.. of course grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Mizwisdom(f): 11:36am On May 07, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Isn't that too much?

It depends on how good they want to look on that day and how many outfits they chose to wear
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by DaInferno(m): 11:37am On May 07, 2020
after u find one football pitching one of those secondary schools...
arrange; food+meat+ drinks=200k dj=give am20k mc=find ur class mate give am 10k chairs and canopy=100k tops e go reach who e reach miscellaneous=70k
Make sure u have change,I have seen glamorous weddings that ended in tears grin
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by klenton(m): 12:00pm On May 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Awwwn. That won’t be my story, though. Everything will be just perfect by the grace of God.

But really, 500k on appearance for a marriage ceremony is not a lot o. How much is hair alone? Quality professional makeup... all the traditional attire... the wedding gown... shoes. Nahh. Not a lot.
Other than that, the only money we’ll spend will be for photography, actual bride price, and a dinner outing with friends. Those are the ideas I have in my head.

selfish human being, see her mouth ' those are the ideas i have in my head' so the guy will be naked abi?

all the expenses you mentioned there is basically for you, a wedding is for two people, so if you're calculating expenses you include both the mans own.

with this your mentality a wedding is all you will get not marriage.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by WalkerMichael(m): 1:25pm On May 07, 2020
Biancah:
Go to the registry with your parents, witness, a few close friends and your siblings, sign your prenuptial agreement and your marriage certificate, go for a celebratory dinner .
Later go for Thanksgiving in the church, find something to invest your money on, maybe a land, treasury bills or whatever.
There is absolutely no need of trying to impress people.
My opinion.

Thank you very much. Majority of Nigerian slayqueens don't understand this yet

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 5:34pm On May 07, 2020
klenton:

selfish human being, see her mouth ' those are the ideas i have in my head' so the guy will be naked abi?

all the expenses you mentioned there is basically for you, a wedding is for two people, so if you're calculating expenses you include both the mans own.

with this your mentality a wedding is all you will get not marriage.

Wailer! grin

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by sayso: 7:48pm On May 07, 2020
Joetttimua1811:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, please I just have to bring up this topic to help a friend seek advice and I wish admin can help push it to front page.

A friend want to have a low budget wedding with 500k and needs suggestion or better still advice on how to go about it considering the cost of living now. Thanks
Do your wedding with 500k.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:18pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

See them... parasites in the making cheesy

You’re probably really broke, that’s why that amount sounds outrageous to you! cheesy

Do you know how much original beads alone cost? You honestly think 500k is more than enough for the appearance... from court wedding to trad, to church wedding! Lol

Everyone to their taste biko. For some people's taste and standard, even 60k is enough for all of it! cheesy

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Continuation Of Christmas Recharge Cards Give Away / My Mum VS My Girlfriend. / How My Brother Wife Destroyed Her Home After Husband Travelled Abroad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.