Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k (4802 Views)

I Am Scared! My Wedding Is This Month & I Haven't Told My Fiancé About My 3 Kids / Sadiya Lawal's Divorce Story: "I Was Still A Virgin, 3 Years After My Wedding" / Couple Divorce After 10 Months Of Lavish Wedding With Money Spraying Machine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 07, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

You’re probably really broke, that’s why that amount sounds outrageous to you! cheesy

Do you know how much original beads alone cost? You honestly think 500k is more than enough for the appearance... from court wedding to trad, to church wedding! Lol

Everyone to their taste biko. For some people's taste and standard, even 60k is enough for all of it! cheesy

lol kiddo. The reason I called you a parasite isn’t because of the amount but because you said your fiancée will fund everything if he’s richer.
It’s absolutely stupid to think I’m broke or against the said amount because I called you an upcoming parasite.
Your comment depicted you as a liability.

Enjoy! I won’t reply any further mentions from you.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by babyfaceafrica: 9:20pm On May 07, 2020
Hmm.....just find understanding partner, not all these leeches parading upandawn
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:47pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

lol kiddo. The reason I called you a parasite isn’t because of the amount but because you said your fiancée will fund everything if he’s richer.
It’s absolutely stupid to think I’m broke or against the said amount because I called you a parasite.

Broke and lacking a sense of responsibility then. Young man, the idea of liability can never come up when 500k is being discussed in relation to a wedding. Fiancé asks me, “baby, how much do you need for the things you need to sort out for yourself?” And I say 500k. He’ll be taken back.

500k brings the word liability to you because you’re a brokeass. It’s too much for you, abi? You want a woman who’ll upgrade you! cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 07, 2020
The dream is free.✌�
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by MumoftheDecade: 10:09pm On May 07, 2020
The truth is that everybody has to cut their coat according to their cloth. A person can even get married with 50,000 naira if they want to. Yes. If that’s what they can afford and if their status will allow them. Everybody is not on the same status in life. Your 50k wedding is another person’s 1.5m low budget wedding. Someone was saying 500 thousand will be spent on her outfit and some of you are screaming. American wonder!
I got married November last year. Hubby didn’t have so much at the time. We managed to put everything together and cut down on so many things. Total cost was still over two million, and I know how hard that was. It wasn’t the kind of wedding I would have loved to have. But e don pass, e don pass. Traditional rite was even in the village, but we still spent over 2m.
If your condition is not very critical, why would you want to have a wedding that will make people pity you? Or that will make you a laughing stock. If you have money, and you still want to do a wedding within a budget, you must still look good, and buy quality things, and it won’t be 500k o! At all at all.
Maybe most of you have not planned a wedding before, or your tastes are just average.
A man that wants to get married must be ready to foot the bulk of the expenses. If his wife-to-be has she’ll contribute by herself.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 07, 2020
MumoftheDecade:
The truth is that everybody has to cut their coat according to their cloth. A person can even get married with 50,000 naira if they want to. Yes. If that’s what they can afford and if their status will allow them. Everybody is not on the same status in life. Your 50k wedding is another person’s 1.5m low budget wedding. Someone was saying 500 thousand will be spent on her outfit and some of you are screaming. American wonder!
I got married November last year. Hubby didn’t have so much at the time. We managed to put everything together and cut down on so many things. Total cost was still over two million, and I know how hard that was. It wasn’t the kind of wedding I would have loved to have. But e don pass, e don pass. Traditional rite was even in the village, but we still spent over 2m.
If your condition is not very critical, why would you want to have a wedding that will make people pity you? Or that will make you a laughing stock. If you have money, and you still want to do a wedding within a budget, you must still look good, and buy quality things, and it won’t be 500k o! At all at all.
Maybe most of you have not planned a wedding before, or your tastes are just average.
A man that wants to get married must be ready to foot the bulk of the expenses. If his wife-to-be has she’ll contribute by herself.

Crackkhaus,acidosis,capslocked and pansophist...

Any words for this fvckery?

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by pansophist(m): 10:29pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

If you have to manage 500k for a wedding ceremony, then it indicates that you're not buoyant financially. How about just having a court wedding only and scrap this wedding thing away all together? Use the 500k and invest in your new home, instead of managing it to share food to people that will see clearly that you're managing as hell?

Life is simple, dont make it hard for yourself.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:50pm On May 07, 2020
Joetttimua1811:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, please I just have to bring up this topic to help a friend seek advice and I wish admin can help push it to front page.

A friend want to have a low budget wedding with 500k and needs suggestion or better still advice on how to go about it considering the cost of living now. Thanks

The thread got so derailed I ended up not giving my two cents.

If 500k it must be for the entire wedding, then pay the bride price (hopefully you don’t have that long list). You and your fiancée should talk to her people... negotiate the list, to the extent that you can. Bride price payment should be an in-house thing... no ceremony. Go to court (that one doesn’t cost more than 12-15k). What’s left, use it to get yourself a thrift suit (revamp the one in your wardrobe, if you have) a simple wedding-like dress for wife-to-be. It mustn’t be the typical kind of wedding dress. Go to church and take your vows.
Invite only family and closest friends. Have your photo session.

Forget about a reception. Just package food/snacks and drinks, and distribute to the witnesses at the church.

You’ll probably not exhaust the 500k.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by CAPSLOCKED: 10:57pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

I HAVE NO BUSINESS TALKING WEDDINGS, THEY'RE A WASTE OF EVERYTHING.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 07, 2020
pansophist:

If you have to manage 500k for a wedding ceremony, then it indicates that you're not buoyant financially. How about just having a court wedding only and scrap this wedding thing away all together? Use the 500k and invest in your new home, instead of managing it to share food to people that will see clearly that you're managing as hell?

Life is simple, dont make it hard for yourself.

That’s not what even seem amusing to me. What amuses me is the fact that some of these delusional female folks expect much more to be spent on attires and make ups alone only by the man simply because he’s richer.
Does a man being richer mean he wants a liability that won’t support? cheesy
No wonder a lot of them aren’t married. cheesy

Some of these female folks even value wedding more than the marriage itself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by pansophist(m): 11:18pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

That’s not what even seem amusing to me. What amuses me is the fact that some of these delusional female folks expect much more to spent on attires and make ups alone only by the man simply because he’s richer.
Does a man being richer mean he wants a liability that won’t support? cheesy
No wonder a lot of them aren’t married. cheesy

Some of these female folks even value wedding more than the marriage itself.

Marriage for many women na an upgrade to daddy 2.0. To many, just showing up to the table na contribution enough. No money, no skills, just body and being present grin

Na them sabi jare. Any man wey table himself make woman use him destiny play, na him wahala be that.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:37pm On May 07, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL, THAT PERSON HAS BEEN ABANDONED BY THREE DIFFERENT FIANCES IN A ROW. JUDGING BY WHAT SHE PRESENTS AS HER PERSONALITY, THAT NUMBER MAY RISE TO 10 ONE DAY AND SHE'LL STILL BE HERE DOING NONSENSE.

How hard it is for people to mind their damn business, damn!
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:44pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

It’s absolutely stupid to think I’m broke or against the said amount because I called you an upcoming parasite.

Keep kwayet, will you? So if I marry a "NED NWOKO", will you still expect me to split the bills with him? grin

All these small boys sef. You this silly Elder boy haven't grown up a bit.

When I say let the ladies marry rich and old men, they'll say NO, they want to suffer with this epileptic young guys of today who've lost their sense of worth and have no moral values. Better don't reply me or else I'll invite Corona Virus to strike your weak testicles down. Anuofia. grin
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Acidosis(m): 11:46pm On May 07, 2020
Joetttimua1811:
Good afternoon Nairalanders, please I just have to bring up this topic to help a friend seek advice and I wish admin can help push it to front page.

A friend want to have a low budget wedding with 500k and needs suggestion or better still advice on how to go about it considering the cost of living now. Thanks

To make this work, you need to scrap white wedding and event centre. Just focus on traditional wedding with registry, stay on budget and, of course, a limited number of guests (less than 100).

It's almost impossible to stay on budget but you can try the following;

Attire
Trad material for bride -- 5 yards of lace = N15,000
Material for groom (senator) 9 yards @N1300/yard = N11,700
Aso-oke (Yoruba bride/groom) for bride/groom = N4000
Tailor --- N15,000 for both
Shoe (groom) -- = N20,000
Shoe (bride) -- = N10,000
Accessories for bride (necklace, hand fan, purse) --- = N25,000
Wristwatch for bride only -- = N10,000
Cuff links --- N2000
Bride Make-up, hair, and groom's haircut -- N30,000

Total == N142,700

Food and drinks
N1000 per head x 80 guests --- = N80,000
Caterer -- N20,000
Ushers --- N25,000
Cake (cut-out) -- N10,000
Extras (wine for a few tables) @N1500 each -- N10,000

Total = N145,000

Others
Letter of acceptance/proposal for both families --- N1000 (or N5000 for a modern one)
Wedding cake 1 tier sef -- N20,000
Wedding ring -- 40,000
Photography (scrap videos, just softcopy photos) - N30,000
DJ/MC/Alaga-Iduro -- N30,000

Total --- = 121,000

Registry
Ikoyi registry/Local govt registry
Bachelorhood/Spinterhood certificate
Small chops/drinks for magistrate and family.
Transportation

All -- = N40,000

Grand Total == N448,700

Points to note:

* The list excludes;

1. bride price/marriage list

2. White wedding expenses

* No provision was made for event centre, rentals like chairs, tables, and registry dress.

* There are cheaper and more expensive alternatives to everything on that list. Focus on things that would give a lasting impression to YOU & YOURS, e.g. clothing and photography.

* You can get help from friends and families on certain aspects like makeup. You don't need to pay any artist your one month salary. If they want to paint, they can get a canvass.

* Lastly, nothing is impossible. You can conduct a wedding for half that amount if you're determined. Nigeria hard.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Acidosis(m): 11:59pm On May 07, 2020
Plead:

Best ignore jare...lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by bukatyne(f): 12:18am On May 08, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Broke and lacking a sense of responsibility then. Young man, the idea of liability can never come up when 500k is being discussed in relation to a wedding. Fiancé asks me, “baby, how much do you need for the things you need to sort out for yourself?” And I say 500k. He’ll be taken back.

500k brings the word liability to you because you’re a brokeass. It’s too much for you, abi? You want a woman who’ll upgrade you! cheesy cheesy

@bold:

Taken aback that it is too much or too small? shocked
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by WalkerMichael(m): 6:39am On May 08, 2020
Plead:

Crac.kkhaus,aci.dosis,caps.ocked and pan.ophist...

That girl is going to make a bad wife. She is not appreciative. That was a disgusting comment lol mehn.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 6:50am On May 08, 2020
Joetttimua1811:

Zoom wedding.Minimal spending.
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 8:34am On May 08, 2020
Plead:

Crackkhaus,acid.osis,cap.slocked and pan.sophist...

I've seen it, and there's nothing unusual about that comment in the sense that, there is hardly any Nigerian woman who doesn't want a big wedding that will be funded entirely by the man. grin

I'm sure you saw my response to PrimadonnaO. Typing of course meant I was not expecting any other reply. grin
If she had responded that she plans to foot half of her wedding bills, I would be shocked and give her accolades for her very unique/distinct mindset which is different from all other women.

My stance has always been that provision being the responsibility of a man is never my issue. But any woman who believes in this, must also understand her place.
Not after doing all that to marry her, then she'll come and be telling you to join her in cooking/doing chores, or trying to control your movement or dictating to you who you can spend your money on besides her, or telling you she's too tired for sex, or forming gender equality inside the house with you cheesy
Like seriously, who's fooling who...

Na dat part I no dey agree with dem on.

The idea is for women to always know and recognize their place as someone who is being catered for. grin

I had a short back and forth with this guy on this same matter here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5831212/fellow-married-women-mothers-how/11#89238861

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 8:48am On May 08, 2020
crackkhaus:

I've seen it, and there's nothing unusual about that comment in the sense that, there is hardly any Nigerian woman who doesn't want a big wedding that will be funded entirely by the man. grin

I'm sure you saw my response to PrimadonnaO. Typing of course meant I was not expecting any other reply. grin
If she had responded that she plans to foot half of her wedding bills, I would be shocked and give her accolades for her very unique/distinct mindset which is different from all other women.

My stance has always been that provision being the responsibility of a man is never my issue. But any woman who believes in this, must also understand her place.
Not after doing all that to marry her, then she'll come and be telling you to join her in cooking/doing chores, or trying to control your movement or dictating to you who you can spend your money on besides her. Or forming gender equality inside the house with you cheesy
Like seriously, who's fooling who...

Na dat part I no dey agree with dem on.

The idea is for women to always know and recognize their place as someone who is being catered for. grin

I had a short back and forth with this guy on this same matter here:
https://www.nairaland.com/5831212/fellow-married-women-mothers-how/11#89238861

grin
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 8:58am On May 08, 2020
pansophist:

Marriage for many women na an upgrade to daddy 2.0. To many, just showing up to the table na contribution enough. No money, no skills, just body and being present grin

Na them sabi jare. Any man wey table himself make woman use him destiny play, na him sabi.
To be honest, most guys no even mind. People dey marry every Saturday with this same arrangement.

The problem always comes when the same women go begin complain say their husband no dey help dem do anything for house, or is always initiating sex everyday and she's getting tired, or husband mama visit and he dey take sides with her instead of the wife, or the man don begin pursue small girls for outside with dat same money... Etc. Etc. Many complaints.. cheesy

But then like seriously, wetin dem be dey expect from man wey don give you 500k to do only hair and makeup, and also finance the entire wedding where 80% of the attendees na the woman friends and family?
Unless she use witchcraft padlock the man, most men dey begin misbehave in marriage based on that. It's a mindset thing... grin

That nigga believe he fit do whatever the hell he likes mehn, he the boss. grin

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 9:09am On May 08, 2020
Plead:

grin
Hehehe, I'm sure you understood my "of course" response to her but still wanted to trigger her. cheesy

It will be Breaking News to see a Nigerian woman who is not thinking like Primadonna or mummyofthedecade.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by fastseo: 9:25am On May 08, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

LOL, THAT PERSON HAS BEEN ABANDONED BY THREE DIFFERENT FIANCES IN A ROW. JUDGING BY WHAT SHE PRESENTS AS HER PERSONALITY, THAT NUMBER MAY RISE TO 10 ONE DAY AND SHE'LL STILL BE HERE DOING NONSENSE.

Are you saying she is now synonymous to the Covind-19 Chinese virus grin
Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:26am On May 08, 2020
bukatyne:

@bold:

Taken aback that it is too much or too small? shocked

Too small.
People seem to believe that it’s only women who want big and fanciful weddings, but oddly, most of the guys I’ve met want statement weddings.

When I tell boo the kind of wedding I want, he always looks at me strangely. The kind of hall he wants is the Civic Towers and Landmark sort of thing, which is already at least 3.5m. And then I tell him I need about 500k, pay bride price, go to court, and then we have an exquisite dinner with the friends.

If I knew anyone getting married right now, I’ll tell them to have a Zoom Wedding! But wear nice and good quality things, so you’ll have a very nice video, and pictures you’ll love for a long time. The shoes, clothes, beads etc, will remain yours, and they’ll be durable. If you have to gift them out, you’ll know you’ve given someone something tangible. That’s my ideology on these things, sha. Value for money, long-standing gratification.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by Nobody: 9:38am On May 08, 2020
crackkhaus:

Hehehe, I'm sure you understood my "of course" response to her but still wanted to trigger her. cheesy

It will be Breaking News to see a Nigerian woman who is not thinking like Primadonna or mummyofthedecade.

And I succeeded. You said her mentality is okay as long she doesn’t display any feminism tendencies but we both know that moniker has displayed feminist tendencies on this forum.

Some women think they’re wise. They want Nigerian men to be behaving like western men who help their women out in a lot of stuffs in the home front but they themselves will continue behaving like typical Nigerian women.

Check her latest response to bukatyne,the person behind that moniker is probably a teenage dreamer.cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by STENON(f): 9:54am On May 08, 2020
If I were you, I will plan the wedding for 100k and use the remaining 400k for something meaningful . Wedding guests must include two witnesses, both Parents and siblings.
All other things na for show undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by crackkhaus: 10:02am On May 08, 2020
Plead:

And I succeeded. You said her mentality is okay as long she doesn’t display any feminism tendencies but we both know that moniker has displayed feminist tendencies on this forum.

Some women think they’re wise. They want Nigerian men to be behaving like western men who help their women out in a lot of stuffs in the home front but they themselves will continue behaving like typical Nigerian women.

Check her latest response to buk.atyne,the person behind that moniker is probably a teenage dreamer.cheesy grin
It's a counterintuitive style of reasoning, the princess-complex which may not be entirely bad... but when they begin dragging equal footing with the person paying, then you start to wonder if something is not wrong upstairs.

As for feminism in marriage, anyone with half a cluster of neurons in their brain, knows that it can't work in Nigerian Marriages.
The way our marriages are contracted already nullifies any feminist ideology from the start...and trying to impose it, is simply a swim against tides.

Even the married females here who identify themselves as feminists, know this. They are only SJWs on the internet, but completely docile outside the internet. It's a facade.
I mean, how else will their next vacation be sponsored if they don't cook fresh food almost everyday and serve breakfast in bed for their husband?

Some females have been complaining about their husbands and in-laws for years but they remain married to him while telling every person here to divorce their own over the slightest issue.
I mean, is it not better to remain married to a man who is misbehaving but at least taking care of you in some way, than to divorce him and lose the benefit of a two-is-better-than-one financial situation?

We know naija women matter jor...telling a man you expect him to spend over 4m of his money on a wedding, is not news.
We know where the real problems dey start...

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by pansophist(m): 10:38am On May 08, 2020
crackkhaus:

To be honest, most guys no even mind. People dey marry every Saturday with this same arrangement.

The problem always comes when the same women go begin complain say their husband no dey help dem do anything for house, or is always initiating sex everyday and she's getting tired, or husband mama visit and he dey take sides with her instead of the wife, or the man don begin pursue small girls for outside with dat same money... Etc. Etc. Many complaints.. cheesy

But then like seriously, wetin dem be dey expect from man wey don give you 500k to do only hair and makeup, and also finance the entire wedding where 80% of the attendees na the woman friends and family?
Unless she use witchcraft padlock the man, most men dey begin misbehave in marriage based on that. It's a mindset thing... grin

That nigga believe he fit do whatever the hell he likes mehn, he the boss. grin

One word, solipsism, and lots of women are solipsistic in their approach to reality. Solipsism is the theory that only one's mind (thought, beliefs, viewpoint, etc) exists, which makes it difficult to see things objectively the way they are, instead of believing their own understandings and interpretations of things. It is common with younger ladies though, those that are still in their prime and men tolerate their excess just to have a chance with them. The older they become, the easier they have to see this glitch in their reasoning, because reality will force many to, and men won't tolerate what they did when they were at their prime. You can see it clearly here on nairaland, with the jabs men throw at women above 30.

Nairaland alone don open many women's eyes on how men take interpreter their reality, and some genuinely change their way of seeing things after being here for long and hear from the horse's mouth (men). How do I know? well, I interact privately with many ladies here, and they tell me this.

And I agree with what you said, about the issue of proportionality. Personally, I prefer the traditional settings (not to be understood as tyranny, or controlling the spouse, that is corruption, not traditionalism). I do not mind being the breadwinner to give my partner the best life could offer, it is a burden I am willing to carry if it brings peace to my home and makes her smile, but the moment she begins to follow me drag equality inside my house, not being responsible for something just as I am with household sustenance, then na to re-evaluate the dynamics of that relationship, and find my way if necessary.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k by CAPSLOCKED: 10:39am On May 08, 2020
Plead:

Check her latest response to bukatyne,the person behind that moniker is probably a teenage dreamer.cheesy grin

I HAVE ALREADY TOLD YOU. FROM DREAMING ABOUT THESE THINGS TO GETTING ABANDONED BY OVER 10 FIANCES IS INEVITABLE FOR THAT PERSON HEADING TO THEIR FORTYS.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help!!! My Wife Packed Her Belongings. / I'm Tired Of Been A "Mummy's Girl"!! / Mistakes Married Women Makes In Bed!!!(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.