Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,598 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit (109660 Views)

Woman Divorces Her Husband Over Too Much Sex In Adamawa, Husband Appeals / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / Woman Dumps Her Husband Over Short Manhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 07, 2020
Please I will like to marry the girl if she wishes.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Babaibejii: 1:29pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:
I have a female friend who got married last year October precisely.

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

PS: The hubby’s mother is a separated single mother.
PS: My friend and her hubby both contributed to pay the rent
PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

What are your opinions about this issue? Thank you.

Nonsense marriage. The guy was ripe for it.

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by DonMekino(m): 1:30pm On May 07, 2020
few days ago I saw a post going on on social media about how u should watch out the way a woman treats her husband before marrying her daughter.....so this one is a son not a daughter....many times we think it's only the girl child that gets infected with parental irresponsibility....this is a classic case of what Igbo ppl call MMADU I NO BE YA NOPIA MKPURU AMU.... stay jeje in ur house and break ur scrotum abi sucurutum

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by stabilizer: 1:30pm On May 07, 2020
solmus:

may you witness same as a mother, may your son treat you the same way you suggest someones mother be treated... may you son's wife also keep asking for when you would leave the house of the child you spent every penny you begged for online to train say amen if you agree to your own comment

Amen
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Cocao(f): 1:30pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll leave to regret the curse of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.

Wow! The way your inferences and conclusions came about is truly baffling.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 1:31pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll leave to regret the curse of his actions.......how dare you take side With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.
..na lie jere! he won't regret anything
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by fdrfdert: 1:31pm On May 07, 2020
[img]"ok"[/img]
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Graxie(f): 1:31pm On May 07, 2020
The same people that called a 12years old thief and adviced the mom not to bring him home just to please her husband are the same people applauding this man. To think the said woman is not even jobless, yet mother inlaw, brother inlaw and girl friend should be accommodated without time frame. Welcome to Nigeria, where we accuse the next man without checking ourselves.

5 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by olabrinks(f): 1:31pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
one day you will be a mum, are you telling me you wouldn’t want to be close to son all just to please his wife? Let me hear word please
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 07, 2020
This is just my simple advise, first i will plead you take in ur friend to your place so she could stay.
Let her act as if nothing happened, let her continue and be serious in her job.

That man has been bewitched, when he's eye become pure he will understand.

Simple question that demand simple answer leads to throwing out of house.
That man is a fool
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Iceberg3: 1:32pm On May 07, 2020
I know it's hard but she should've just let them alone and mind her biz, you know, pretend and just ignore them.
But if it's getting out of hand and too long, talk to the man but before then, secretly start making plans for yourself. These days, nobody can afford to enslave anybody.
Make secret plans and investment for yourself.

If at the end he still doesn't appreciate you,jejely find your way,it's not by force.

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Samakus(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

I disagree with you completely. Yes the hubby wasn't man enough to look his mum in the eye and tell her where her boundary is but....

Your assertion that I can't take sides with my mum (if you're wrong in what you did) is so lame. My dear, I'm a man of my own. You misbehave, I put you to your level. Be you who! Whether you're my mum, wife, father or siblings, I will put you to your level once you misbehave. If you as my wife misbehaves, I will correct you and side with my mum as far as you're wrong. Same for my mum. There's no sacred cow for me.

You better change that you're understanding, for both our sakes

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by ImaIma1(f): 1:33pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:

Fast forward to March this year the Mother In Law came to stay with the couple in a bid to visit her hospital within the couple’s area for medical checkup, reason being that she stays a bit farther away in the same state.

Upon her Mother in law’s arrival, she came with my friend’s husband brother accompanied by his girlfriend who all planned staying and eventually stayed without prior notice.

My friend(the lady) is a banker and was only informed casually by her husband while she was at work on the day of their arrival. His excuse was the mother called impromptu about the visit which I don’t think is bad anyway.

These couple stay in a three bedroom apartment and only one room has bed in it. This is the room the couple sleep.

The first two days of the mother inlaw, brother and brother’s girlfriend arrival, the couple had to sleep in the living room while the mother in law and the brother in law’s girlfriend slept in the couple’s room.

As days goes by, the husband who is self employed suggested the the rest of them will handle cooking in the house due to the wife’s tight schedule as per banking job in Lagos.

Part of the consequence of their visit is that they have overthrown the kitchen and like most ladies my friend wasn’t cool with this but tried to keep her cool.

The lady(my friend) became curious and asked the husband to clarify if the mother in law and co intends to stay with them permanently. The husband subsequently flared up with the allegations that his wife doesn’t want his people around. This happened to be the third time his wife asked this question in the space of two weeks.

One thing led to the other on the third time of asking this question my friends husband beat her up and chased her out of the house while the mother stood and watched without interfering.

Efforts to reconcile has proved abortive as the husband refused to let her in again and categorically said to my friend’s dad he isn’t interested in the marriage anymore. The mother in law refused to interfere.

PS: The hubby’s father is not in support of all the happenings and all efforts to reach his son proved abortive since the misunderstanding. He wouldn’t answer his dad’s calls.

I can't even get past the fact that they left their bed for his mother and brother's girlfriend.

Are the couple ok? Couldn't they get a mattress and put in another room?

If this story is true, he has no right to send her put of a house she paid rent for. I don't like when men use physical strength to intimidate their wives. It's just wrong. He cannot reason and discuss; he has to beat.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by HonourableUche(m): 1:33pm On May 07, 2020
Pls O.P this headline is duplicated on the front page. Pls remove one thank you
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by stabilizer: 1:34pm On May 07, 2020
Cocao:

Wow! The way your inferences and conclusions came about is truly baffling.

Baffling? Really? Thought birds of the same gender would flocks together in this ....
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by admissionrunz: 1:34pm On May 07, 2020
ahh
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Lalaska(m): 1:35pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:
The man just played himself he'll leave live to regret the curse cause of his actions.......how dare you take side sides With your mother when i'm your wife which automatically makes me your new mum sad......Ladies never you marry a guy that's so close to his mum if you want a successful marriage.

Please note the above

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Kingarthur21: 1:35pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:

We know its you and not your friend...

Get a good lawyer, a man has no right to beat you that way and also throw you out of the house.
Don't understand why at the slightest provocation a man chases his wife out of the house. Even if she didn't pay a dime in the rent it is wrong.
If you are tired of the worst of all women you are to file for a divorce.

That is why I wouldn't encourage any lady to contribute to rent because at the slightest of provocation he will bark "get out of my house".

If my wife annoys me I will leave the house for her to be alone,move on with my life and leave her alone in that marriage and house.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by diliekene: 1:36pm On May 07, 2020
This story is missing some vital part which has been delibrately been omitted pls dont comment o! The story no complete.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by LordShiva97(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2020
There are many parts of this tale that hasn't been told yet. It's logical to conclude that your friend and her husband were already neck deep in marital problems before the unfortunate visit of her in-laws. The visit was the proverbial last straw that broke the neck of the camel. I find it very hard to imagine how and why a sane man will physically abuse his significant other and send her packing just because she rightly got uncomfortable with the extended visit of her in-laws in her own home, unless such a man is bewitched.

If this story is true as it's narrated here, I think your friend should carefully reconsider getting back into this marriage.
It's obvious the in-laws have connived to oust her from the marriage and her husband is playing ball. Only a wimp of a man will raise his hands against the wife because of his family members. Such people rarely change, and she's better off single than married to such a man. She should probably file for divorce, leave the man and his deadbeat family and move on.

Better single and okay than married and be used as a punch bag to let out pent-up frustrations.

3 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by uuzba(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2020
northvietnam:

For ur small mind abi

What are you all arguing about sef? The marriage is over na.
The man sent his wife away. Should the woman force herself back into the house when she doesn't like the relatives AND the man sent her away again?
Because of how much rent money?
Forget the money.
Marriage is ended.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by PS712: 1:37pm On May 07, 2020
From your narrative she isn't having his child,..
So is she pregnant for him yet?
Marriage of October 2019 embroiled in drama because of this reason that shouldn't have been in first place. Thank God your friend works, if she wasn't the desperate one that rushed that man into marry him, she should leave the man. It's obvious his beating her has just begun, it is likely going to get worse as days and years go by and by then she could have been deeper in it.
Our craze to be married in this part of the world robs us of fulfilling life and funny thing is that when you take your mind off marriage,work more on yourself,have fun,build class you will see the one that will treat you with some respect at least.

2 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by srclark: 1:38pm On May 07, 2020
instinct57vm:

if it was her own mother and her brother that came visiting will she complain ? Why are ladies selfish when it comes to this aspect of marriage.Their family is welcome to their home anytime and can stay as long as they please ,but once they see the husbands family they start asking useless questions after a few days .Better tell your friend to better be patient and go beg her husband

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by uuzba(m): 1:38pm On May 07, 2020
Georgekyrian:
My own opinion, the New woman the brother brought while coming will becomes your friend's husband new wife. Since the mother of the man support the break up I think things will never change unless by miracle. Those kind of man that easily allow there mom to control them can hardly get turn over on there decision. Tell your friend to get a new apartment and move on with her life. If she has a property in the man's house then she should use soldiers and go pick them all
Simple
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by kroger: 1:39pm On May 07, 2020
Millenniumlady:

Mum will always be my mum, wife can turn out to be ex wife. .

1 Like

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by ikemesit4477: 1:39pm On May 07, 2020
solmus:

may you witness same as a mother, may your son treat you the same way you suggest someones mother be treated... may you son's wife also keep asking for when you would leave the house of the child you spent every penny you begged for online to train say amen if you agree to your own comment
you nail it!

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by klbakare(m): 1:39pm On May 07, 2020
solmus:
cool

Nigerian women are generally wicked, were is the love? are we saying 5 people cant share 3 rooms and a parlour peacefully without quarrel ? My first time outside the country I spent almost a month in a tiny apartment with 2 rooms and a parlour, the husband and wife shares one room, their daughter and the man's neice shared another, while I slept in the seating room with the husbands younger brother.. we all enjoyed our time together and contributed to pay bills, buy groceries.. we hide from neighbors to avoid being reported for being overcrowded and early in the morning everyone is out of the door , saying our goodbyes at the subway station

Its absolute lack of love that make Nigerian women hate house helps and husbands family, they would even treat their kitchen like its a sacred temple meant for only them.. whats the big deal if anyone cooks while the wife is away, and once she's back she microwaves it and eat? the other occupants in the house can make themselves useful by cleaning the house and making everywhere tidy, and in the evening after meal they can all share stories or watch a movie together

Your talk is nonsense. Totally devoid of sense and reasoning.

Did you read where they had only one mattress?
Did you read where the wife was not pre-informed?
Did you read where the wife was sleeping on the floor in the parlour?
Did you read where they were overstaying?
Did you read where a stupid brother brought girlfriend to his married sibling's house and was probably knacking her on their matrimonial bed?
If anybody deserves to sleep on the bed, its the wife and the mother of the husband.

All these witchcraft mothers should desist from ruining their children's marriage. No wonder the boy contributes money with his wife to pay rent. Am sure he didn't tell his family that his wife pays rent with him.

I advice the lady to seek the mind of God concerning the relationship. If she is properly married, divorce is not possible according to christianity. If she is not properly married, she should run as far as her leg can take her from her unfortunate husband.

***hope she is also not a wicked, intolerant and unfortunate wife too because them dey like that vice-versa ?

If she properly married, She should pray to God to restore her marriage while she goes back to her father's/friends/ relative house to put up in the mean time.

At anytime the husband comes for reunion, they should go to the police station to sign an undertaking that he will never abuse his wife again and any harm that comes to her subsequently is from her husband.

She should become a prayer warrior if she will ever continue with that family. Satanic people! embarassed

6 Likes

Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by Tribalism123(m): 1:39pm On May 07, 2020
Wasted time reading this
Poor story line
None Interference
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by xreal: 1:41pm On May 07, 2020
Does your friend have a child yet?

If no - maybe his mother and brother just brought him a newfertile wife.
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by DelphiOracle(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2020
Unik3030:
all these cooked up stories self
my suspicion too
Re: Wife Sent Packing For Questioning Husband Over Her Mother-in-law's Visit by denko(m): 1:41pm On May 07, 2020
Not too good mindset you have here.
Millenniumlady:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Court Marriage / Shameful Photos Of Men And Women Caught Having Sexxx (photos) / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.