Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,043 members, 7,814,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry (57145 Views)

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
To every single youngster playing football please I urge and beg you to stop now and get something doing either proceed to getting a degree or learning a trade.

I say you should stop not because you aren't good enough but because it's extremely difficult to make it as a football player here in NIGERIA. No matter how good you are someone is better, no matter how fast you are someone is faster.

I won't type too much so it doesn't seem like all I do is say my story but please if you have a younger brother that is into footbal and doesn't want his life to be so hard when he is older tell him he should stop today.

I was extremely good as a footballer but didn't make it and even when I tried to get to the national team I still had to pay a bribe while the son's Rich always got into the team because their family has money or they have Rich agents yhat could pay for a slot.

Yes ighalo, Ramon azeez, John ogu, oshimen all made it because I once played with them but 10000 more didn't make it and you don't wanna know how frustrated they are right now.

This is a post to footballers and basketballers or anyone into in other kind of sport. You know all what I'm talking about. Now that you are still young and have the strength please use that strength now to learn a trade or go back to school because if you don't make it as a footballer it would be so difficult and extremely bad and your life might be messed up forever. If I decide to write a thread about my football career 10 Page's won't be enough but I know you footballers know what I'm talking about.

Think of Mama rashidi that, think of that senior man that was extremely good, think of how your thirties and fourties would be without a degree or a trade you learnt. Thank God i realised in time but some aren't so lucky so please i beg you to think now so you won't be amongst those much more later in your life

13 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Mymehn: 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
My mehn, hustle oooo, make your mama nor dey depend on government give-away.....
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by lammygloooooooo(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
10k , a whole ministry chai nigeria is a real zoo. Hey am not the one that said it . open ur google and ask which country is zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by danduchi(m): 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
At least better than nothing.. You can't just be a hero in this country and be well celebrated

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by surequality: 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
Good to placed her on monthly stipend but 10k monthly stipend not good.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by dalongjnr: 5:52pm On May 06, 2020
That's nice.

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by BennyDon: 5:53pm On May 06, 2020
We need people like Chief Sunday Dare in public offices. He has done well by reaching out to the old woman.

God bless him!

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by directonpc(m): 5:53pm On May 06, 2020
Let's start a gofundme for her

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by gaby(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
I know some will come here to say "at all at all na him bad".

This is some $30 or less and they are so proud to make an announcement of it.

I don't even know what to comment on further.

Na turn by turn.

Shameless bastards.

Tueh

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by PS712: 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
Rashidi Yekini gave us happy memories. Those days all young boys on the pitch wanted to be strikers like Yekini!
One of my fondest goals I received arial pass with chest, ball bounced in fine control, noded past my opponent (defender),pushed it a little further with my right foot and rammed powerful shot past the goalkeeper, it was a sweet goal.
I had seen exact move from Yekini.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ozor333(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
So na bread mama been dey sale before? Chai
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by babsthegreat: 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
Why can't they place her on 50,000.00 monthly salary for a whole lot of things her did for Nigeria.This country I see reasons why some Players don't want to play for Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by kabawa(m): 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
Why not place her on #30k minimum wage ??
10k is too small for her to take care of herself, considering her age and health status. If you wan do good, do am finish oga!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Exc2000: 5:54pm On May 06, 2020
10k would buy food stuff for a single mouth in a month, its not like she is feeding the comiunity

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Rotty32: 5:56pm On May 06, 2020
Jesus Christ .....Mother of a great legend N10,000.00
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Timi141: 5:56pm On May 06, 2020
Why are they paying her a pension. Was she a civil servant or was she involved in public service?

It might be an unpopular opinion but I have no mercy for all these footballers who earn the lifetime salary of an average citizen in a month without investing it and then come out later to accuse FG of neglect.

7 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Clothingonline9(m): 5:56pm On May 06, 2020
Kudos to the ministers at least he did something previous once didn’t
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Ladyisi1(f): 5:56pm On May 06, 2020
half bread is better than none lol
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Femeto: 5:57pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by GreenArrow1(m): 5:57pm On May 06, 2020
Nikepucci1:
This should be done to Old people especially Soldiers and their wives not because she is a mother of a footballer.....

Yekini was a proffessional footballer who was paid handsomely

I wonder what happened to all that money even before he retired.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 5:57pm On May 06, 2020
This is beautiful! But 10k is kinda small sha lipsrsealed
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by gurunlocker: 5:58pm On May 06, 2020
Very very low..... We don't appreciate our legends here in this country!

How about other forgotten heroes? angry sad
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ellizy(m): 5:59pm On May 06, 2020
Good deed
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by kay7: 6:00pm On May 06, 2020
Haba! He should have placed her on minimum wage nau.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Goke7: 6:01pm On May 06, 2020
The Kwara state Govt can add 10k more to make it N20k monthly, kudos to the minister. those that are bashing the FG can add more to the 10k instead of spewing rubbish

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ud4u: 6:01pm On May 06, 2020
That's good
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Christmasdon(m): 6:03pm On May 06, 2020
This is why i love President Muhammed Buhari's Administrative Block. A very good news. Sai Baba wey sabi. AM PROUD TO BE A NIGERIAN.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by GeneralPula: 6:03pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Dpharisee: 6:05pm On May 06, 2020
Owolabi10:
10k a month.. That is quite small.. What can that do for someone in today's economy

How much is the Govt giving to grannies in your family whose kids served Nigeria in various capacities even as vulcanisers, bricklayers, engineers etc this is just a kind gesture, she is not their responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Sailorsoldier1: 6:07pm On May 06, 2020
Mohammedbodija:
Wetin be 10k?
K K K K K K K K K K.....Thats 10k
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by yumu: 6:07pm On May 06, 2020
We suddenly woke up to remember this poor mother. Nigeria na wah oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham And His Three Sons Pose In New Manchester United Jerseys / Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha Left Someone's Hand Hanging Like Oba Of Lagos In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.