Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,922 members, 7,821,234 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:10 AM

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry (57161 Views)

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by emotionada: 6:33pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Are you guys kidding me, I spend N20k per day and you are giving her just N10k per month, come on guys
!!!

Bros you fit dash me data, abeg?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by bayulite: 6:34pm On May 06, 2020
Good initiatives.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by emotionada: 6:36pm On May 06, 2020
obonujoker:
10,000k per month. .

Hahahahahaha grin

Show respect. That's someone's salary.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by MetaPhysical: 6:37pm On May 06, 2020
lonelydora:
I would have said 10,000 only, but then, I remembered she's not their responsibility. It's just a help to her for having a son who scored the first ever goal for Nigeria in World Cup.

So I say, Well done to Ministry of Sports.

No price is too much for patriotism. Rashidi Yekini was patriotic. His mates took opportunities elsewhere and didnt bother about Nigeria.

Are you aware that Abacha's family is getting paid every month? ...and that's a thief!

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Tremple8v: 6:37pm On May 06, 2020
Better than nothing.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Are you guys kidding me, I spend N20k per day and you are giving her just N10k per month, come on guys
!!!

yen yen yen
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by OdefaGirl(f): 6:47pm On May 06, 2020
Thank you Minister.......it will help her a lot.... even as that amount has almost little value in our country these days...
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Spectrum22: 6:50pm On May 06, 2020
Looooooooooong over due.

Kudos to the sports ministry.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by adetes: 6:50pm On May 06, 2020
Too small due to economic situation of d country
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by winnah(f): 6:52pm On May 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
This mama again grin. He should have moved mama abroad. She for be senior citizen today

So what is she ?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by apexc6845: 6:54pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by EmekaBlue(m): 6:56pm On May 06, 2020
Good for her
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Damseldammie(f): 6:59pm On May 06, 2020
Kind gesture though
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Emmyefe1: 7:00pm On May 06, 2020
Wait o
10,000 �‍♂️
Who use this country pant buy Benz abeg
How much do the minister use in feeding his dog for 1 week please?

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by apexc3018: 7:02pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by P1PrinceKT(m): 7:07pm On May 06, 2020
Nikepucci1:
This should be done to all Old people especially Soldiers and their wives not because she is a mother of a footballer.....

Yekini was a proffessional footballer who was paid handsomely by his club,the fa,sports ministry and the Nigerian govt,whatever he did with his money was his business...

If players like iheanacho failed to invest wisely when they are earning megabox but instead use it to carry Instagram hoelosho,naija celebrities and actress then why should them and their parents be favourited for bailout by taxpayers money....

it's said ministry of Sports not ministry of def
ence.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by stagger: 7:07pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
!!!

Some people spend N200,000 a day and some spend N50 a day. So what's your point?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by RTSC: 7:10pm On May 06, 2020
Tankunland:
To every single youngster playing football please I urge and beg you to stop now and get something doing either proceed to getting a degree or learning a trade.

I say you should stop not because you aren't good enough but because it's extremely difficult to make it as a football player here in NIGERIA. No matter how good you are someone is better, no matter how fast you are someone is faster.

I won't type too much so it doesn't seem like all I do is say my story but please if you have a younger brother that is into footbal and doesn't want his life to be so hard when he is older tell him he should stop today.

I was extremely good as a footballer but didn't make it and even when I tried to get to the national team I still had to pay a bribe while the son's Rich always got into the team because their family has money or they have Rich agents yhat could pay for a slot.

Yes ighalo, Ramon azeez, John ogu, oshimen all made it because I once played with them but 10000 more didn't make it and you don't wanna know how frustrated they are right now.

This is a post to footballers and basketballers or anyone into in other kind of sport. You know all what I'm talking about. Now that you are still young and have the strength please use that strength now to learn a trade or go back to school because if you don't make it as a footballer it would be so difficult and extremely bad and your life might be messed up forever. If I decide to write a thread about my football career 10 Page's won't be enough but I know you footballers know what I'm talking about.

Think of Mama rashidi that, think of that senior man that was extremely good, think of how your thirties and fourties would be without a degree or a trade you learnt. Thank God i realised in time but some aren't so lucky so please i beg you to think now so you won't be amongst those much more later in your life
You don't need to be the best player in the world to make a living in football.

Footballers from the streets of Nigeria are being snapped up by Europe everyday.

In fact, Nigeria is among the top 5 highest exporters of footballers in the world.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by seanjy4konji: 7:19pm On May 06, 2020
25$
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Okwyjesus(m): 7:19pm On May 06, 2020
lonelydora:
I would have said 10,000 only, but then, I remembered she's not their responsibility. It's just a help to her for having a son who scored the first ever goal for Nigeria in World Cup.

So I say, Well done to Ministry of Sports.

What went wrong with Rashidi

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 7:21pm On May 06, 2020
Okwyjesus:

What went wrong with Rashidi
He had mental health problems
Unfortunately in Nigeria our understanding of that stuff is low.

Kanye West and Many others suffer similar challenges but live in an environment where good care is available
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by apexc7060: 7:22pm On May 06, 2020
[color=#] 2511405[/color]
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by apexc7060: 7:22pm On May 06, 2020
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by excanny: 7:24pm On May 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
This mama again grin. He should have moved mama abroad. She for be senior citizen today

Exactly. This mama being in Europe will be better taken care of by a more responsible government.

Or at least acquired Portuguese citizenship for his children.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 06, 2020
It is over due. We Nigeria we don't know how to celebrate our footballers whether dead or alive. Yekini is one player who brought glory to Nigeria football but after his retirement he was neglected. Politicians who have never kicked ball are now the one enjoying the dividend of football. What does the minister of sport knows about football. Ask him if he has kicked ball in his career?
God should format this country just to put the right people in place
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Chekwube1989(m): 7:25pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=Goovo post=89259695]and I bet you, thus money won't be paid regularly [/quotet ]tire talk
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Grupo(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
!!!

What service is she rendering that she should be given even 10k?

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:30pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
!!!

So you spend 600k per month

Easy my brother

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Vlibray: 7:31pm On May 06, 2020
crackhouse:
10k for doing nothing?. Bro it's better than nothing. Afterall it's not their responsibility to take care of the woman instead blame rashidi that didn't plan for his mother before passing out. If rashidi used his money to build investments his mother won't be suffering now.

Na true you talk
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 06, 2020
winnah:

So what is she ?
no senior citizen for 9ja
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by jeff1980(m): 7:34pm On May 06, 2020
10K? Na wa for this country ooo. Are they going to pay the money self?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha Left Someone's Hand Hanging Like Oba Of Lagos In Throwback Photo / Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.