Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry (57154 Views)

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 9:06pm On May 06, 2020
Luckybelt:

What is out of this world about spending N20k per day? $50 USD?
Nothing at all
I just find it stupid and childish announcing it .
No one is interested
It adds no value to the discussion
It is not verifiable
Totally unnecessary information
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ArcFresky(m): 9:16pm On May 06, 2020
[quote author=lonelydora post=89258264]I would have said 10,000 only, but then, I remembered she's not their responsibility. It's just a help to her for having a son who scored the first ever goal for Nigeria in World Cup.

So I say, Well done to Ministry of Sports. [/quote
It's the ignorance in you that is speaking.

John Fashanu played less than 5 games for the UK, but still gets paid pension till today.

Rashidi Yekini scored the first goal in a world cup.... We are not hearing anything about him..

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by PHARMNNAJI(m): 9:27pm On May 06, 2020
This is the best news coming from Nigerian Govt since the origin of Covid 19 in Nigeeia.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Friend22(m): 9:28pm On May 06, 2020
In actuality ,this money is not encouraging even though the intent is good, but the sport ministry can do better than this.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Theoarhics: 9:30pm On May 06, 2020
10, 000? This is a joke.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Cuteamigo1(m): 9:48pm On May 06, 2020
eyinola:
as what? Because of what?
as anything worth doing is worth doing well
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by eltata(m): 9:50pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Are you guys kidding me, I spend N20k per day and you are giving her just N10k per month, come on guys
!!!

20k per day doing what exactly? That's a Fat lie
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Samoluwatoyin: 9:52pm On May 06, 2020
Issokay una do well...
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by lonelydora: 10:00pm On May 06, 2020
eyinola:
i hv been wondering for a long time now...na only Rashidee this mama born?

I wonder o
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by responsibleguy(m): 11:00pm On May 06, 2020
This is too small na. Yekini was super eagles all time top scorer with 37goals. His family deserves more than this.

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Bar1941(m): 11:35pm On May 06, 2020
lonelydora:
I would have said 10,000 only, but then, I remembered she's not their responsibility. It's just a help to her for having a son who scored the first ever goal for Nigeria in World Cup.

So I say, Well done to Ministry of Sports.

Yet 10k is small, not even up to minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 1:18am On May 07, 2020
Owolabi10:
10k a month.. That is quite small.. What can that do for someone in today's economy

Putting into consideration that mama don old. Let's calculate.

Two Congo's of rice = 1400
Two of Beans = 900
Three tubers of Yam. = 1200
4 Congo's of Gaari. = 800
----------------
----------------
50naira pap every morning ......= 1500
Soup of 2,000 naira four times= 8,000
------------------
Total. 13,800
----------------

Money no reach at all.
She needs 20k not 10k to completely cushion her stress.

Seun can balance up. He is a man of timber and caliber.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by enemyofprogress: 2:32am On May 07, 2020
Audio placement
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by enemyofprogress: 2:34am On May 07, 2020
WILLuKPquiet:

Putting into consideration that mama don old. Let's calculate.

Two Congo's of rice = 1400
Two of Beans = 900
Three tubers of Yam. = 1200
4 Congo's of Gaari. = 800
----------------
----------------
50naira pap every morning ......= 1500
Soup of 2,000 naira four times= 8,000
------------------
Total. 13,800
----------------

Money no reach at all.
She needs 20k not 10k to completely cushion her stress.

Seun can balance up. He is a man of timber and caliber.

will she not buy sanitary towels ? Do you know that sanitary towels are now very expenses?

Dominique where are you?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Rajosh(m): 2:51am On May 07, 2020
Owolabi10:
10k a month.. That is quite small.. What can that do for someone in today's economy
she's not their responsibility. moreover, no be only her pikin play for naija. Okwaraji and others nko
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by gowonmaharajah(m): 5:09am On May 07, 2020
Owolabi10:
my brother, that's better off than getting nothing.let's commend the minister
mama will know how to manage that stipend on her pressing needs,probably on feeding.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by PropertyBuying(f): 6:21am On May 07, 2020
SWORD419:
Such a nice gesture
Kudos to buhari's minister
It's really a palliative for the old woman.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Adgideon(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2020
This man has millions in first bank, cos they once gave him an award, now firstbank has siphone all the money
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Naijabad: 8:32am On May 07, 2020
Tankunland:
To every single youngster playing football please I urge and beg you to stop now and get something doing either proceed to getting a degree or learning a trade.

I say you should stop not because you aren't good enough but because it's extremely difficult to make it as a football player here in NIGERIA. No matter how good you are someone is better, no matter how fast you are someone is faster.

I won't type too much so it doesn't seem like all I do is say my story but please if you have a younger brother that is into footbal and doesn't want his life to be so hard when he is older tell him he should stop today.

I was extremely good as a footballer but didn't make it and even when I tried to get to the national team I still had to pay a bribe while the son's Rich always got into the team because their family has money or they have Rich agents yhat could pay for a slot.

Yes ighalo, Ramon azeez, John ogu, oshimen all made it because I once played with them but 10000 more didn't make it and you don't wanna know how frustrated they are right now.

This is a post to footballers and basketballers or anyone into in other kind of sport. You know all what I'm talking about. Now that you are still young and have the strength please use that strength now to learn a trade or go back to school because if you don't make it as a footballer it would be so difficult and extremely bad and your life might be messed up forever. If I decide to write a thread about my football career 10 Page's won't be enough but I know you footballers know what I'm talking about.

Think of Mama rashidi that, think of that senior man that was extremely good, think of how your thirties and fourties would be without a degree or a trade you learnt. Thank God i realised in time but some aren't so lucky so please i beg you to think now so you won't be amongst those much more later in your life

This happened in my family.

My younger played football in his twenties. The whole family begged him to forget football and learn a trade, he refused.
Pride didn't let him listen to good advice. Today, he is forty and is just useless. I don't pity him, he is simply suffering for the choices he made.
Now he is deep into gambling.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 8:39am On May 07, 2020
Naijabad:

My younger played football in his twenties. The whole family begged him to forget football and learn a trade, he refused.
Pride didn't let him listen to good advice. Today, he is forty and is just useless. I don't pity him, he is simply suffering for the choices he made.

eya sir please I beg you if you and Mom and your other siblings can help him please do sir. He only thought he could make it as a footballer. Please he is regretting but don't just know how to tell you people. Please if you guy's can get him a car to do Uber or go into any business it would be good for him. God bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 8:55am On May 07, 2020
Naijabad:

You have bad mouth.

I am certain you have been told before now
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 9:40am On May 07, 2020
Wicked people! Is Samuel okwaraji parents still alive, 10k after how many years.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by victorazyvictor(m): 1:44pm On May 07, 2020
SWORD419:
Such a nice gesture
Kudos to buhari's minister

Who tell u that Buhari is aware.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Johzhier97(m): 8:02pm On May 07, 2020
collinsuchendu:
Nice gesture but still

In block => EUROPE OR NOTHING
ASIA OR NOTHING... cool
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by samtol4(m): 9:30pm On May 07, 2020
Soldiers killed by Boko haram are forgotten . Families got nothing
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Dosoflux: 9:31pm On May 07, 2020

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:15pm On May 07, 2020
omonnakoda:
with mouth
Very easy
hehehehe, what and what do you buy every day that makes it up to 20 k, ?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 07, 2020
Johzhier97:

ASIA OR NOTHING... cool

Sure. Anyway to get out of the shit hole bro.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Johzhier97(m): 8:03am On May 08, 2020
collinsuchendu:

Sure. Anyway to get out of the shit hole bro.
Legit info

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by harlimy: 1:25am On May 12, 2020
The government doesn't have to do everything. People like Okocha, Kanu, West etc can afford to give her 10k every month. Put that together, it becomes 30k.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha Left Someone's Hand Hanging Like Oba Of Lagos In Throwback Photo / Sir Alex Ferguson Wants Mauricio Pochettino As Next Manchester United Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.