Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,641 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:05 PM

Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry (57152 Views)

Rashidi Yekini Was Murdered – Segun Odegbami Reveals Why He Thinks So / Sikirat Yekini, Rashidi Yekini Mother Living In Poverty. Petty Goods Not Upto 5k / It Is 7 Years Since Rashidi Yekini Passed Away (Tribute Videos And Pictures). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ceejay80s(m): 7:35pm On May 06, 2020
Mohammedbodija:
Wetin be 10k?
If u get am please give me, even of na 5k
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Cuteamigo1(m): 7:44pm On May 06, 2020
Dem try but 30k will be better in my opinion.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by GREATESTPIANIST: 7:45pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Are you guys kidding me, I spend N20k per day and you are giving her just N10k per month, come on guys
!!!

how do you spend 20 k per day?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 7:46pm On May 06, 2020
GREATESTPIANIST:
how do you spend 20 k per day?
with mouth
Very easy
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by GOFON(m): 7:47pm On May 06, 2020
Good job. Right thinking people
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ikorodureporta: 7:53pm On May 06, 2020
na just NEPA bill b dat...I think say na Hundred I see initially....
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by davidtemi(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
Are you guys kidding me, I spend N20k per day and you are giving her just N10k per month, come on guys
!!!

maybe they just heard d word "gesture" I dnt knw. It's a shame for a legend of a country. It's never too much to immortalise him
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by COMPAQ(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2020
This sounds nice and all, but the truth is that tax payers money is not to be used so frivolously. Radhidi earned a decent amount when he was a player. More in a year than most of us will make in 20years. Perhaps he was not educated enough to use it wisely, but still!

If I loose my job, does the government send me in anyway? Why then must it give money to Yekini's mother. If it were to Radhidi himself in his old age, I might even understand. What have they done for Dosu Joseph or Karl Ikheme?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by DeRay98(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2020
engroyekan:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/sports-ministry-places-late-rashidi-yekinis-mother-on-monthly-stipend/
This is a good gesture anyhow, but his mum and siblings were responsible for Yekini's untimely death now, they are suffering as none of his other siblings amounted to anything substantial in life.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by 9iceprince(m): 7:58pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
!!!

Kindly appreciate its never FG responsibility or do players families collect Pension after their death
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by akaahs(m): 8:00pm On May 06, 2020
Tankunland:
To every single youngster playing football please I urge and beg you to stop now and get something doing either proceed to getting a degree or learning a trade.

I say you should stop not because you aren't good enough but because it's extremely difficult to make it as a football player here in NIGERIA. No matter how good you are someone is better, no matter how fast you are someone is faster.

I won't type too much so it doesn't seem like all I do is say my story but please if you have a younger brother that is into footbal and doesn't want his life to be so hard when he is older tell him he should stop today.

I was extremely good as a footballer but didn't make it and even when I tried to get to the national team I still had to pay a bribe while the son's Rich always got into the team because their family has money or they have Rich agents yhat could pay for a slot.

Yes ighalo, Ramon azeez, John ogu, oshimen all made it because I once played with them but 10000 more didn't make it and you don't wanna know how frustrated they are right now.

This is a post to footballers and basketballers or anyone into in other kind of sport. You know all what I'm talking about. Now that you are still young and have the strength please use that strength now to learn a trade or go back to school because if you don't make it as a footballer it would be so difficult and extremely bad and your life might be messed up forever. If I decide to write a thread about my football career 10 Page's won't be enough but I know you footballers know what I'm talking about.

Think of Mama rashidi that, think of that senior man that was extremely good, think of how your thirties and fourties would be without a degree or a trade you learnt. Thank God i realised in time but some aren't so lucky so please i beg you to think now so you won't be amongst those much more later in your life
Hmmmm, U re right. I warned my immediate younger bro when he was so crazy jumping from one academic to the other, proving stubborn but at the end of it he realised and decided to go back school and learn skill that is providing food for him today.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Esji80(m): 8:05pm On May 06, 2020
they try gaaskiya but hmmm dubu goma 10k per month. That is too small
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by akaahs(m): 8:10pm On May 06, 2020
Timi141:
Why are they paying her a pension. Was she a civil servant or was she involved in public service?

It might be an unpopular opinion but I have no mercy for all these footballers who earn the lifetime salary of an average citizen in a month without investing it and then come out later to accuse FG of neglect.
U are right but we talking about a poor widow is suffering and struggling to survive.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by ALABACONNECT(m): 8:11pm On May 06, 2020
As a Nairalander said, better late than never

Well, for your smart TVs, ACs and Soundsystems, check my signature
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by eyinola: 8:12pm On May 06, 2020
lonelydora:
I would have said 10,000 only, but then, I remembered she's not their responsibility. It's just a help to her for having a son who scored the first ever goal for Nigeria in World Cup.

So I say, Well done to Ministry of Sports.
i hv been wondering for a long time now...na only Rashidee this mama born?

1 Like

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by eyinola: 8:15pm On May 06, 2020
Cuteamigo1:
Dem try but 30k will be better in my opinion.
as what? Because of what?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by adecz: 8:18pm On May 06, 2020
If you desire to help,
why not make it tangible?

Minimum wage or 2Ok for make
more sense..

This Democratic era has been a
bad time for sports, our sportsmen
are treated with nonchalance, that
is why it has become a habit
to go to Olympics & come back
without single bronze .

Our athletes are competing for
other countries, in fact an Igbo girl
is now reaping medals for Qatar!!
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by annyz: 8:18pm On May 06, 2020
I have no problem if the cash is from his pocket but my problem is that he is representing the Federal Government of Nigeria and giving the old woman 10k per month. How can one explain that to the outside world
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 06, 2020
akaahs:

Hmmmm, U re right. I warned my immediate younger bro when he was so crazy jumping from one academic to the other, proving stubborn but at the end of it he realised and decided to go back school and learn skill that is providing food for him today.
thank God he realized early. God bless you and goodnight

2 Likes

Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by favour32(m): 8:35pm On May 06, 2020
Goke7:
The Kwara state Govt can add 10k more to make it N20k monthly, kudos to the minister. those that are bashing the FG can add more to the 10k instead of spewing rubbish
Nor mind dem.
Some people dey here. Dem nor dey ever appreciate anything for their life.
Somebody wey say 10k too small na bad person.
Wetin e don do for anybody make e talk am.
If 10k too small,you are free to add am monthly.
Nothing wey person go do for una wey una nor go complain.
Difficult human beings!
Dem nor know wetin be help.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by winnah(f): 8:36pm On May 06, 2020
Kekereekun123:
no senior citizen for 9ja

What exactly are you saying?

What's your definition of a senior citizen....

Retirees are what ?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Kellie069(m): 8:36pm On May 06, 2020
Ya'll saying 10k is too small, you can also add to it. Get her location and show her some love... Showing love to the elderly is a job for all actually.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by OlowuJohn: 8:41pm On May 06, 2020
Good but what of other bereaved player families? Isn't this ........[Yekini is not just any player, he was extra ordinary for Nigeria, he placed Nigeria in the Soccer map, up till now his records stands, Football is a team game, however some individual's efforts are commendable.]
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Spice1: 8:43pm On May 06, 2020
What's 10k for a month

Okwaraji's mum is even down with stroke
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Thomthom(m): 8:52pm On May 06, 2020
TotoNaRubber:
!!!

Bros abeg use 19,500 Tomorrow Hala me 5H make I take collect one Heineken for My landlady Tomorrow make I send my Azza??
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Okwyjesus(m): 8:53pm On May 06, 2020
omonnakoda:

He had mental health problems
Unfortunately in Nigeria our understanding of that stuff is low.

Kanye West and Many others suffer similar challenges but live in an environment where good care is available

So sad. ....
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by pat077: 8:53pm On May 06, 2020
Nikepucci1:
This should be done to all Old people especially Soldiers and their wives not because she is a mother of a footballer.....

Yekini was a proffessional footballer who was paid handsomely by his club,the fa,sports ministry and the Nigerian govt,whatever he did with his money was his business...

If players like iheanacho failed to invest wisely when they are earning megabox but instead use it to carry Instagram hoelosho,naija celebrities and actress then why should them and their parents be favourited for bailout by taxpayers money....
True. They even said his siblings are not doing well, does that mean yekini himself did not help any of them during his playing career? I heard the guy is very stingy with money.
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 8:55pm On May 06, 2020
Okwyjesus:

So sad. ....
At some point it was reported he was throwing away his belongings and it seemed he was depressed
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by pat077: 8:55pm On May 06, 2020
Owolabi10:
10k a month.. That is quite small.. What can that do for someone in today's economy
she is not their responsibility. Why didn't her son invest with all the money he earn during his playing career or was he playing for charity?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Luckybelt: 8:58pm On May 06, 2020
omonnakoda:
with mouth
Very easy

What is out of this world about spending N20k per day? $50 USD?
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by omonnakoda: 9:03pm On May 06, 2020
pat077:
True. They even said his siblings are not doing well, does that mean yekini himself did not help any of them during his playing career? I heard the guy is very stingy with money.

The guy is dead if you don't have anything sensible to say keep quiet
The same Nigerian entitlement mentality to other people's money.
How much money do you know that he made from football?
How many Nigerian people from his set got rich from football

Keshi Amokachi, Amunike,Eguavoen. Siasia, Iroha etc

Google is your friend search

the average salary in the Premier league in 1994
By the way he never played in the premier league

They were the ones that opened doors for Nigerians but none of them was on serious money compared to today

The moment I hear anyone calling another stingy I see a lazy man and a thief.

Go get yours and STOP HEARING about who is stingy
Re: Sikiratu, Rashidi Yekini's Mother Placed On Monthly Stipend By Sports Ministry by Sladotun(m): 9:06pm On May 06, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Beckham And His Three Sons Pose In New Manchester United Jerseys / Kelechi Iheanacho And Ogbodo, His Best Friend In A Club In Abuja (Photos) / Jay-Jay Okocha Left Someone's Hand Hanging Like Oba Of Lagos In Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.