Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,117 members, 7,835,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:32 PM

Woman's Intuition - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Woman's Intuition (5944 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:31am On Jan 13, 2011
The simple question is this:  Why can a woman have more than one husband if the man can have more than one wife?  

If we are going to speak ON THE BIBLICAL TERM, in the book of Ephesian 5 it specifically say WIFE AND HUSBAND submit to each other.  There is no husbands nor wives submitting to each other.  

First of all, no matter what view one takes on the issue of divorce, it is important to remember Malachi 2:16: “I hate divorce, says the LORD God of Israel.” According to the Bible, marriage is a lifetime commitment. “So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate” (Matthew 19:6). God realizes, though, that since marriages involve two sinful human beings, divorces are going to occur. In the Old Testament, He laid down some laws in order to protect the rights of divorcees, especially women (Deuteronomy 24:1-4). Jesus pointed out that these laws were given because of the hardness of people’s hearts, not because they were God’s desire (Matthew 19:cool.
Re: Woman's Intuition by ruffrider(f): 6:32am On Jan 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Did God specifically told one of the men in the Bible to have more than one wives? Men do what they want, but in the end, they pray for forgiveness.

You're allowed to prove me wrong . . . .
grin grin

@D-sense
Hey  kiss
Ki lo n sele?

I do not wish to reiterate futher on this matter.  But I will say this, Polygamy is illegal my country
Re: Woman's Intuition by Dsense(m): 6:33am On Jan 13, 2011
Mrs China grin
[size=30pt]Religious Section pls angry[/size]
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:34am On Jan 13, 2011
The bible specifically states that if lust were committed and the marital bed defiled you have committed a sin against God.  

So why would God contradicted HIMSELF by saying it not okay to do these things but it okay to participate in these things that correlates with this?  God is not an author of confusion, we are.
Re: Woman's Intuition by ruffrider(f): 6:35am On Jan 13, 2011
Good night you all. smiley
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:38am On Jan 13, 2011
Sleep tight now!
Re: Woman's Intuition by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 13, 2011
@D-SENSE

Pele o. Blame my husband, he wouldnt let me leave our bedroom.
Was I gone before? Kini mo fe se ni Romance section ni gba ti gbogbo yin ti daaru? esp fstranger [/b]to n ko ashewo ara e wa sibe lati politics. grin

Mrs.Chima:
[b]
The simple question is this:  Why can a woman have more than one husband if the man can have more than one wife?  

If we are going to speak ON THE BIBLICAL TERM, in the book of Ephesian 5 it specifically say WIFE AND HUSBAND submit to each other.  There is no husbands nor wives submitting to each other.  

First of all, no matter what view one takes on the issue of divorce, it is important to remember Malachi 2:16: “I hate divorce, says the LORD God of Israel.” According to the Bible, marriage is a lifetime commitment. “So they are no longer two, but one. Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate” (Matthew 19:6). God realizes, though, that since marriages involve two sinful human beings, divorces are going to occur. In the Old Testament, He laid down some laws in order to protect the rights of divorcees, especially women (Deuteronomy 24:1-4). Jesus pointed out that these laws were given because of the hardness of people’s hearts, not because they were God’s desire (Matthew 19:cool.

Actually some women do. . .  in the parts of India.

It all depends on the location and if laws [both cultural and of the court] allows. Only [b]Man [/b]mad laws prevents women in the developed countries from having more than one husband.

Nothing is stopping you, as a NIgerian woman, from having more than one husband. It's just that your society will be shocked with your actions.
Re: Woman's Intuition by Nobody: 6:41am On Jan 13, 2011
Can we stop quoting the Bible.

Some of us have not dusted our Bible for a while now, so we cant really be sure if the jargons being posted on this thread is the same as the jargons piled up in the Bible.

Thanks.
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:42am On Jan 13, 2011
You are right no one is stopping a woman from having multiple husbands but we live in a society where a woman can get stone in the RESTRICTED region (trying to be political correct) for taking off her coverings.
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:43am On Jan 13, 2011
The bible were mentioned which why I said if we are going to get into biblical sense then let quote what it said instead of something that we "heard".

The quoting stopped long before you typed a message to Dsense.
Re: Woman's Intuition by Nobody: 6:44am On Jan 13, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

You are right no one is stopping a woman from having multiple husbands but we live in a society where a woman can get stone in the RESTRICTED region (trying to be political correct) for taking off her coverings.  

Not in my society. The worst they can do is shun my marriage, which is not a bad thing. Who likes Busybodies.
Infact, if care is not taken by Nigerian men, I'll marry 3 husbands. And I encourage other women to do the same.
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 6:47am On Jan 13, 2011
I would encourage women to do the same as well.  There is a difference between being revealing and choosing not to wear a covering that is stipulated in the region of residence.
Re: Woman's Intuition by Nobody: 7:09am On Jan 13, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

I would encourage women to do the same as well.  There is a difference between being revealing and choosing not to wear a covering that is stipulated in the region of residence. 

True. But there's a thin ice between the two, you just need to stamp on it hard enough to break through.

Travel back to the 1950s wearing one of your favorite 2-pieces swimsuit. What do you think would be their reaction? It has to start somewhere, and behind every action is always a reaction.
Re: Woman's Intuition by 190: 8:23am On Jan 13, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

Can we stop quoting the Bible.

Some of us have not dusted our Bible for a while now, so we cant really be sure if the jargons being posted on this thread is the same as the jargons piled up in the Bible.

Thanks.
grin grin grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by lumideezle(m): 9:41am On Jan 13, 2011
i belive in it die, there was a time i was about cheating on ma GF(regret it nw sha) she kept on calling me like her life depended on it like she could see me thru a binouculars
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 10:32am On Jan 13, 2011

Womens intuition is zilch, atleast to me. undecided
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 10:58am On Jan 13, 2011
They can be very wrong and also deceptive. undecided
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 11:11am On Jan 13, 2011

^^ And helluva troublesome too. undecided
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 11:16am On Jan 13, 2011
^^don't even get me started on that, IT does my head in walahi! angry grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 11:28am On Jan 13, 2011

Women's intuition ====>>>Greatest cause of breakups of relationships. angry undecided
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 11:34am On Jan 13, 2011
^^Have I cosigned you today? Now u have it, GBAMMED! grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 11:43am On Jan 13, 2011

^^lol. grin grin
Women's intuition is like rain in the tropics, once on it can never stop. grin grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 11:50am On Jan 13, 2011
^^And they still wonder why I hate TROPICAL areas? grin

In fact I'm moving further to the north pole(NP)! angry grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 12:43pm On Jan 13, 2011

Lol. But you are a Nigerian nao, you should like the tropics. grin

@post. Women's intuition is worth shit and can leave a man penniless after the eventual divorce. grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 12:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
I can't reminisce ever saying/suggesting I was in the 'TROPICS' huh? grin undecided

@OP

WE GIVE UP! angry
Re: Woman's Intuition by Phate07(m): 1:00pm On Jan 13, 2011

Dont worry, its safe. undecided grin

Women's intuition can make a man commit murder. angry
Re: Woman's Intuition by MrsChima(f): 2:25pm On Jan 13, 2011
Hmm. It seem though SOME of the gentlemen have been burned by the infamous "Women Intuition".
Re: Woman's Intuition by roymary: 4:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
Quote from: Ileke-IdI on Today at 06:24:11 AM
God had all the chance to create two eves, but he only created one.

I'd have expected one of these promiscuous NL (men LIKE ROYMARY) to justify their uncontrollable lust with the Bible. . . .but na female?  Anywaz, I know you're just joking sha

You sure dunno me and you don't wanna get me started coming forth with that misandrist sorta attitude.
Most of you women will argue that if men have the right to sleep around or marry more than a woman, also should women. But since this sound so good and women sincerely believe this, then why is it that when confronted with the question, "How many men have you fuccked?", most of you who have slept around with shiploads of men always lie? Tell me you are a virgin or have had sex with Just one man; You are the promiscuous one; maybe retired though.
Re: Woman's Intuition by chic2pimp(m): 6:32pm On Jan 13, 2011
I certainly do believe in "Man's Intuition", . . . Or as I Call it my very own Spider Sense.
Re: Woman's Intuition by koolchicco: 6:35pm On Jan 13, 2011
chic2pimp:

I certainly do believe in "Man's Intuition",  . . . Or as I Call it my very own Spider Sense.
PMSL grin

I call mine cobweb sense gan sef. grin grin
Re: Woman's Intuition by Nobody: 7:01pm On Jan 13, 2011
(In my valley-girl voice) RUFFRIDER I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AGREE!  grin.

I really do not believe that men were made to have one wife. This is why, as you said and is FACT, men have such a hard time being faithful. I will even be bold enough to say NO MAN is faithful, some may not step out physically but mentally even the most loyal to his woman, desires or have thought about another/others. This is why I dont see why men get upset when we call them dogs  undecided grin

@Chic, men do not have "mens' tuition" they don't have any common sense.
Re: Woman's Intuition by chic2pimp(m): 7:02pm On Jan 13, 2011
koolchicco:

PMSL grin

I call mine cobweb sense gan sef. grin grin

Abi oooo jare grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Can She Slap Him? Who Is Right? / Please Help Am Suspecting My Girlfriend. / Women Unable To Walk After They Were Publicly Flog For Having Sex Witout Mariage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.