Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? (49463 Views)

If Any Man I'm Dating Gets Broke, I'll Leave The Relationship- Lady (Video) / Lady Share Her Before Photo As A Muslim And Now Photo As A Christian / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

Truly she's really in love, but the religion barrier keep scared me, cos travelling out of country, wot if her parent starts disturbing my parents

Bro, her parents will never disturb your parents, ever. If for anything, your absconding will bond both families to make sure you people don't take things to the extreme.

On the brighter side, u r a very lucky dude. Mark my words, if you loose that girl, u will regret it. For now, you will take her for granted but wait till u loose her
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:18pm On May 09, 2020
Faysuze:
I was dating a muslim guy last year, during one of our discussions he told me he must make sure he gets married to a muslim lady. I didn't question him. I ended it few weeks later without telling him why.

I don't like complications.

it obvious the guy doesn't love u right from the onset, he might just using u for one advantage best known to him.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by SirPGh: 6:18pm On May 09, 2020
Why go for it in the first place when you're aware of the religious differences? Children of today!

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by dapadawee: 6:19pm On May 09, 2020
ask your pastor. witch full naira land o
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 6:19pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

it obvious the guy doesn't love u right from the onset, he might just using u for one advantage best known to him.

Yes true, I am glad he gave himself out early so I could move forward.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Ybaby: 6:19pm On May 09, 2020
omotola90:
so how about marriage?? You can't continue running away from your problems you know

Are the parents living with them after marriage
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:20pm On May 09, 2020
Sparro:

Bro, her parents will never disturb your parents, ever. If for anything, your absconding will bond both families to make sure you people don't take things to the extreme.

On the brighter side, u r a very lucky dude. Mark my words, if you loose that girl, u will regret it. For now, you will take her for granted but wait till u loose her

So u mean we should arrange on how to leave the country.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by segun18(m): 6:22pm On May 09, 2020
LuQuLuQu:
Your grammar gave me migraine and I have taken pain killers. I'd advise you when I feel better..

My person English language no be our mother tongue now abi na wetin...Abeg get well jare..
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Ryabcool(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

She even say something like this before that I should impregnate her, that with that her dad might consider, But I resist from doing that.
you never ready be that. Give her belle and watch her father calm down sharp sharp. Next thing on his mind na to make sure she is married before the pregnancy is obvious.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Ryabcool(m): 6:23pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

But her dad might imprisoned me, or disowned her ....

and am afraid to be identify as an ex convict
grin grin
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2020
doubleportion:
Then become a Muslim since you're in love!
NEVER!!. I can't convert to a Muslim, am the youth pastor in my church.

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2020
I would have loved us to have a chat or one on one conversation so that u don't lead other youths to hell with ur decision. It might not only be in marriage but other areas. Your position is very sensitive n u know youths love to imitate those they respect a lot. Don't follow what d multitude is saying or the general norms in the society. Stick to the bible. There r many virtuous ladies. Pray that God should open ur eyes. Marriage is deeper than d way we understand it oo. It's beyond the natural. I wish I can tell u a lot. If u need more counsel, u can DM so that we can talk
Teebaba30:

Am even the youth pastor in my Church, our G.O love me so much, am afraid of render those people love on me useless, Very confused...

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
segun18:

My person English language no be our mother tongue now abi na wetin...Abeg get well jare..

Am not the English freak type, am an accountant by education, do with me like that,
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by HeavenlyHolines(m): 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
WhatsApp-07061665762
Teebaba30:

Am even the youth pastor in my Church, our G.O love me so much, am afraid of render those people love on me useless, Very confused...

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Richard2020: 6:27pm On May 09, 2020
if you are really born again christian you can;t go with a muslem girl in the first place.

3 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by clericuzzio(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

She keeps crying everyday, even I myself, and in the state of confused now,.

SHOULD WE QUIT THE RELATIONSHIP OR WHAT SHOULD WE DO NOW..?

I know yorubas do have christians and Muslims in the family. They ain't fanatics. Just let the family know their daughter will still maintain their religion while you maintain yours
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Omoboy(m): 6:30pm On May 09, 2020
Bro if you love her marry her your happiness is more important than both parents.

Teebaba30:
There is this lady I have been dating now for almost eleven years (11) she was my first love, we started dating while I was still in my final stage of secondary school, things were moving smoothly, as we are both new in the game of love.

I could remembered, then, mtn with their free night calls, we would talk from 12am to 5:00am then, she is the daughter to the king of the town, a well known king in Lagos state, but along the line, as we progress in line, owing to my fine boy of a thing,.

You know we guys when we sense that, it seems all lady want us, due to our cute look, or academic reasons, we take the advantage to flirt, of which she so much detest a cheating guy, she caught me times without number, but still hard for both of us to let go our anyone, after my higher institution,

I relocated to Lagos to start life and keep the hustle real, but this lady was in Lagos with mom, she keep coming to my place even in Lagos, but unfortunately, we lost contact, for seven years, we couldn't reach ourselves, then i decided to relocated to another location in Lagos

But just last month, her call came, that she saw my contact on Facebook, And we try to renew the relationship, that's how we started and doing fine, she's now in her final year At Fountain University, Oshogbo,

Now the problem facing us now is, She is a Muslim, while am a Christian, her parent will never allow her to convert, while my own parent will never allow me to convert, and now we are madly in love, she try to convinced her dad, but all effort was prove abortive.

We love ourselves so much, but religion is the barrier facing us now, we are both planning to run away from the country, she promised to foot all bills for our travelling, but I told her we should try just be friend as our religion is the barrier here now.

If not for the religion issue, we plan to have our introduction this year, and get wedded next year, but religion want to truncate the whole plans,

Pls fellow nairalanders, your advice is urgently needed now, we are both confused, with no option, we can't let go of anyone, and yet we don't want our parent to turn back to us,

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Gander: 6:30pm On May 09, 2020
Empiree:
This is INVALID marriage unless you both want to deceive yourselves and face the consequences later in life. You can not be calling and worshipping Jesus while she's calling and worshipping God in the same house under the same roof. This is insane. You can not marry her unless you convingly become muslim. I hope she's not nominal muslim you can convince. So dont waste your time young man. Go and find your fellow christian woman. They are plenty out there, my friend.

"And do not marry polytheistic women until they believe. And a believing slave woman is better than a polytheist, even though she might please you. And do not marry polytheistic men [to your women] until they believe. And a believing slave is better than a polytheist, even though he might please you. Those invite [you] to the Fire, but Allah invites to Paradise and to forgiveness, by His permission. And He makes clear His verses to the people that perhaps they may remember." Q2:221
Fountain university is a Islamic faith-based university. So this said woman obviously has more than enough good Muslim men to choose from.
But op want us to believe that the lady wants them to abscond. Bla bla bla.
I don’t believe this op is telling the truth.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:31pm On May 09, 2020
HeavenlyHolines:
I would have loved us to have a chat or one on one conversation so that u don't lead other youths to hell with ur decision. It might not only be in marriage but other areas. Your position is very sensitive n u know youths love to imitate those they respect a lot. Don't follow what d multitude is saying or the general norms in the society. Stick to the bible. There r many virtuous ladies. Pray that God should open ur eyes. Marriage is deeper than d way we understand it oo. It's beyond the natural. I wish I can tell u a lot. If u need more counsel, u can DM so that we can talk

Okay, bro, may be u should send me ur WhatsApp line, so we can further our discussion there or u message me, 08147363508
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by GofGs: 6:32pm On May 09, 2020
My friend, the first thing is to get God's approval. If you're sure that God is leading both of u into the marriage, then you should start praying that the Lord should confirm it by making both parents consent. God can do anything!
On other hand, if u don't believe in God's leading into a marriage, still pray that God mercy should speak for u. It's not everybody that God leads in marriage and some don't believe in it.
Don't be surprised, God can go out of His way to speak to her father. God can get the attention of anybody anywhere if need be if u pray earnestly about it.
I'm sure u will laugh last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Teebaba30(m): 6:34pm On May 09, 2020
Gander:

Fountain university is a Islamic faith-based university. So this said woman obviously has more than enough good Muslim men to choose from.
But op want us to believe that the lady wants them to abscond. Bla bla bla.
I don’t believe this op is telling the truth.

I will rather divert my time into something profitable. than writing this epistle for joke sake, Bro, this is a serious matter, that gives me headache on a daily basis.

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Nobody: 6:34pm On May 09, 2020
There is no big deal as long as both of you don't convert to the opposite religion then for your children they should both be Christians and Muslims then when they come of age they should chose
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by akpota(m): 6:35pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

if you both love yourself, brace up and get wedded low key. As long as you both are financially independant, u guys can relocate, get married lowkey, get a kid and all parties we accept.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by doubleportion: 6:36pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

NEVER!!. I can't convert to a Muslim, am the youth pastor in my church.

Good! As a youth pastor, you are automatically a counselor, how would you counsel your members in this situation?

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by MrCaesar: 6:36pm On May 09, 2020
Go for court registry and damn the consequences. Your family members will be fine.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Sundrus: 6:37pm On May 09, 2020
SaintAY:

Marriage isn't a matter of luck ooo
u go consider urself lucky to find the right woman & family to marry into...luck join oga
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Gander: 6:38pm On May 09, 2020
Teebaba30:

I will rather divert my time into something profitable. than writing this epistle for joke sake, Bro, this is a serious matter, that gives me headache on a daily basis.
I don’t completely believe your story, sorry.
A gbo ejo enikan da, agba osika ni.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by Angrymode: 6:40pm On May 09, 2020
If both of you are not old enough to make religious decisions for yourselves, then wait till you can before thinking of marriage. No insults intended.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by softnigga(m): 6:42pm On May 09, 2020
HISS..........MY BROTHER THIS YOUR STORY, IS KIND OF TOUCHING TO ME OO, ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU SAID, THAT YOU BOTH ARE MADLY IN LOVE WITH EACH OTHER BUT YOUR PARENTS ARE AGAINST THE UNION OR RELATIONSHIP COS OF RELIGION ISSUE, I THINK THE BEST SOLUTION TO THE ISSUE IS FOR YOU TO APPROACH THE LADY'S PARENT SINCE IT IS HER THAT IS AT RISK HERE, SHE LIKES YOU SO MUCH AND IS READY TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU IN ORDER TO SUSTAIN YOU BOTHS RELATIONSHIP OR EVEN MARRIAGE IF IT WORKS OUT........ITS EASY FOR A MAN TO QUIT A RELATIONSHIP AND STILL FIND ANOTHER LOVE AT ANY GIVEN AGE AS FAR AS YOU ARE IN GOOD POSITION BUT FOR A LADY.....HER CHANCES ARE SLIM AND TIME BOUND OR LIMITED EVEN IF SHE IS OF THE OTEDOLA'S NOR ADENUGA NOR ADELEKE'S NOR DANGOTE'S, REASON BEEN THAT NO MAN WOULD WANT TO MARRY A LADY OF HIGHER AGE DUE TO RESPECT SAKE ONLY FEW WOULD ACCEPT THAT PROBABLY DUE TO BENEFITS OR GAINS THEY WOULD GET.......SO I SUGGEST U HINT HER TO USE HER ADVANTAGE AS THE ONLY DAUGHTER TO PERSUADE HER MUM N DAD MORE ESPECIALLY HER MUM COS SHE WOULD BE THE ONE TO CONVINCE HER DAD VERY WELL FOR HER.......EVEN HER BEST SIBLINGS ALSO CAN BE OF HELP TOO, N U AS THE GUY SHOULD DO AS IF U ARE NO MORE INTERESTED IN THE RELATIONSHIP SO THAT SHE WOULD INCREASE HER EFFORT IN CONVINCING HER PARENTS RATHER THAN THINKING OF THE IDEA OF ESCAPING FROM THE COUNTRY WHICH WOULD AFFECT U BOTH AS IT WOULD MEAN DISOWNING OF U BOTH BY UR PARENTS WHICH IS NEVER A GOOD SITUATION BECAUSE THE STIGMA N TRAUMA IT LEAVES IN UR MEMORIES IS ENOUGH TO TRUNCATE THE MARRIAGE FROM LASTING.........IF AFTER ALL PERSUASION HAD BEEN MADE AND HER PARENTS DID NOT CONSENT, MY BROTHER TO BE SINCERE WITH U, I WOULD SUGGEST U QUIT SUCH RELATIONSHIP COS A DESTROYED RELATIONSHIP IS BETTER OFF THAN AN ACCURSED HOME DEVOID OF PARENTAL BLESSINGS......THOSE TELLING YOU TO IMPREGNATE HER ARE NOT GIVING YOU THE RIGHT ADVICE COS IT MIGHT WORK FOR OTHERS BUT IT MIGHT NOT WORK FOR U, N JUST AS U HAD DISCOVERED THAT HER DAD IS A NO NONSENSE MAN, THAT CAN EVEN IMPRISON YOU, I GUESS YOU WOULDN'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN AT ALL, SO 'IT'S BETTER TO CRY FOR A WHILE NOW AND LAUGH LONGER LATER THAN TO LAUGH FOR A WHILE NOW AND CRY MORE LATER' THANK U, THATS MY ADVICE TO YOU.
Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by efficiencie(m): 6:43pm On May 09, 2020
@Teebaba30 you have two options to choose from. (1) Reassure your parents and those of your wife's parents that you both can maintain your religion whilst in the marriage and your children are at liberty to make their choice between the two religions. (2) Elope! That lady has already exhibited the traits of a wife and from the way you two describe your bond, you are both are already husband and wife by bond. Elope with the lady, start life somewhere else and after 5 years of total silence reconnect with your parents from both sides. By that time their old stubborn hearts would have melted to the point of accepting to bless the marriage and the children that have resulted from the union. Shikena!

#modified
@Teebaba30 Don't listen to the religious idiots trying to take away your key to success. If that lady loves you enough to confront her parents, then she will stand by your side to the end. Bible says: "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" Genesis 2:24. No religion was mentioned in this verse. The only thing to note in that verse is the word CLEAVE UNTO and from your post it is clear that your soul has CLEAVED with that of that lady. She is one flesh with you brother so MAN UP. Get a means of livelihood. Leave your location. Settle down with her somewhere else. Do a court wedding. Have your kids and raise them well. I assure you soon the stubbornness of your parents will melt.

Don't let religion, parental culture and traditions ruin the only chance of marital bliss you have. If you lose this love, you may finally marry a hoe who calls herself a Christian but is a traitor and a destroyer.

2 Likes

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by enemyofprogress: 6:43pm On May 09, 2020
Wetin you go find for mosque? You want her to convert you to their head slamming?abeg come make I find you better fine Jehovah witness girl wey I chop remain

1 Like

Re: She Is A Muslim, I Am A Christian. Should I Forfeit The Relationship? by nkemchineke: 6:44pm On May 09, 2020
I will give u. Perfect advice. Take her runaway, get married and start ur family. This life, if u die, ur family will never die and follow u. All man shld do what makes dem happy.
She can convert to Christianity when she's away with u.
But firstly, get out of this country where they can't reach both of u.
Listen to me, leave with her. I'm telling u from experience. In 20yrs time, when ur kids are grown and happy, u will be a very happy man.
Teebaba30:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (16) (Reply)

What Else Will A Guy Gain From A Girl That Says "No Sex" In The Relationship? / We Met On Facebook. We're Getting Married Next Month. Love Is Beautiful! / Man Saw His Girlfriend With Another Man After Lying That She is Traveling Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.