Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God (2991 Views)

Atheists In The House, What Made You Stop Believing In Religion? / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / If You Get A Telescope, You Will Immediately Stop Believing The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by tintingz(m): 9:57am On May 11, 2020
Mywd:

And so are u... Senseless talk

U believe there is no God but Satan... Juss look at you

Lmao.

So when I said I know there's evil, you think I was referring to that fairy being Satan?

You're a clown.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 10:33am On May 11, 2020
LordReed:

Yeah got caught up in other stuff. Anything interesting happen recently?
just the regular Corona be safe ish , you be good.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 10:36am On May 11, 2020
Mywd:

Even American Rapper Dababy believes there is God... Go check out his latest tweet... Dont die in lack of knowledge...
so honestly because a bunch of stupid celebrities believe in God then definitely he exists right?
You didn't just say that
Don't you know these celebrities are as clueless as we are? For all I know you might be a dumb celebrity trying to give false hope In religion to attract following, are you a man of God?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 10:39am On May 11, 2020
tintingz:

Lmao.

So when I said I know there's evil, you think I was referring to that fairy being Satan?

You're a clown.
hahaha this guy really is a Jesus clown , with follow come charger.
We shouldn't blame him much in his religion the embodiment of evil is Satan so anything evil is Satan , funny thing is only Christans even believe in this Satan wey wan chop everybody head
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by odinson1(m): 10:48am On May 11, 2020
If one god was real and all the rest fake, we would know. Consider three benefits of believing in a god:
- Believers in fake gods would be constantly complaining their prayers are never answered whilst believers in a real god would be jubilant over their amazing success rate.
- Believers in a fake god would bemoan the fact that they never feel the presence of their god whilst believers in a real god would talk to their god daily and be certain of it.
- Believers in a fake god would ask their god for advice yet still make many bad decisions whilst believers in a real god would find their god deftly guiding them through life's obstacles.
So it would be obvious which god was real and responsive and obvious that the others were not. But, here is the interesting thing, it is NOT obvious. Religious people all report these benefits whichever god they worship.
So we are forced to conclude that imaginary gods apparently work as well as real ones. This leads us to a second conclusion, since we know some gods MUST be imaginary, all known gods must work as well as imaginary gods. It turns out all gods are equal.
Is it not therefore fair to conclude, that all known gods are equally imaginary?
Is there any other reasonable conclusion?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by odinson1(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2020
Mbataku96:

My God (Jesus) is not just any god, he is the Truth, the Way and the Life.
He has proven to be the greatest by come down to us and giving he life, and death didn't stop him from rising like the sun in all Glory.
as far as your validation is coming from the bible, your argument is baseless. Anything can be written in any book, it does not make it true. If God works, you dont need excuses to back his/her/it's failures. The christian faith is based on excuses and wishes. You take all outcomes as depending on your whims and mood. Sometimes you choose to accept your misfortunes in good faith, other times you chose to be stubborn and shout, "this is not my portion in jesus name!". Wake up billions are living their lives without Jesus and they experiencing life about the same way as those who believe in jesus.

When last was a hospital emptied in the name of jesus?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by LordReed(m): 11:23am On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
just the regular Corona be safe ish , you be good.

Aight bro, hope you are too.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by LordReed(m): 11:31am On May 11, 2020
odinson1:
If one god was real and all the rest fake, we would know. Consider three benefits of believing in a god:
- Believers in fake gods would be constantly complaining their prayers are never answered whilst believers in a real god would be jubilant over their amazing success rate.
- Believers in a fake god would bemoan the fact that they never feel the presence of their god whilst believers in a real god would talk to their god daily and be certain of it.
- Believers in a fake god would ask their god for advice yet still make many bad decisions whilst believers in a real god would find their god deftly guiding them through life's obstacles.
So it would be obvious which god was real and responsive and obvious that the others were not. But, here is the interesting thing, it is NOT obvious. Religious people all report these benefits whichever god they worship.
So we are forced to conclude that imaginary gods apparently work as well as real ones. This leads us to a second conclusion, since we know some gods MUST be imaginary, all known gods must work as well as imaginary gods. It turns out all gods are equal.
Is it not therefore fair to conclude, that all known gods are equally imaginary?
Is there any other reasonable conclusion?

There could be other reasonable conclusions. One possibility is the gods are capricious, another is the gods are indifferent. Yet another is the gods take turns in who to favour or disregard. The gods may also have grown bored and gone to find some other planet to have fun on or they went on a trip and the automated system they left behind is either malfunctioning or it is completely kaput.

Many possibilities to consider, if you just bend your imagination a little which apparently the holy text authors did quite a bit of. LMAO!
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by LordReed(m): 11:40am On May 11, 2020
IamMichael:
Its a good thing you are beginning to ask questions @Mbataku96

I will now refer you to the thread I'm currently running on this Nairaland...

Please kindly visit the thread and take your time to read through it... You will then make your own decisions afterwards.

Regards!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/5780709/thread-mental-emancipation-indoctrinated-religious

He he he, Mbataku96 is not asking questions, they came to bait atheists and some how prove their god is real. A poor tactic really.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mywd: 11:50am On May 11, 2020
tintingz:

Lmao.

You're a clown.

Just checked ur profile... Muslim ryt??..

No wonder u behave like a bvtch
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by jesmond3945: 12:02pm On May 11, 2020
hayoholla:

But your god said he can do all things things, and you believe him right. If I told you, I know all things, will you just believe me just like that, or will you consider me a crazy hippie that's high on snow white or will you rather want to know if he truly knows all thing. Is it out or place to ask?. If he can regrow a limb, heal the sick in the hospital, bring back the dead, heal all coro patient, what is keeping him waiting, why can't he just do it. I cant come to you now and say I can make you fat or slim at my wish, you wouldn't believe me unless I do it.
this is the same thing Pharisees said, so nothing new. If God was to do as you have said, you guys would still find something else to say. Why not leave his followers to worship Him like that. If it is miracle I have seen a lot, you can even subscribe to cbn on YouTube or 700 club. Even watch Reinhard bonkee
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by jesmond3945: 12:03pm On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:

Here is a price buddy
Suck my rooster
No thanks.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by jesmond3945: 12:04pm On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
man! Your daily does of fuckery to give seems plenty today ,
Get behind me.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 12:05pm On May 11, 2020
jesmond3945:
Get behind me.
lol I'll rather fvck a log , I'll pass
Keep your behind to yourself

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by jesmond3945: 12:07pm On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
lol I'll rather fvck a log , I'll pass
Keep your behind to yourself
woe betide you
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 12:12pm On May 11, 2020
jesmond3945:
woe betide you
he offered his behind, I rejected
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by jesmond3945: 12:14pm On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
he offered his behind, I rejected
blessings to you.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by TheSourcerer: 12:14pm On May 11, 2020
jesmond3945:
blessings to you.
you cool
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by tintingz(m): 3:32pm On May 11, 2020
TheSourcerer:
hahaha this guy really is a Jesus clown , with follow come charger.
We shouldn't blame him much in his religion the embodiment of evil is Satan so anything evil is Satan , funny thing is only Christans even believe in this Satan wey wan chop everybody head

grin grin
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by tintingz(m): 3:33pm On May 11, 2020
Mywd:

Just checked ur profile... Muslim ryt??..

No wonder u behave like a bvtch

Dummy, check well, do I look like a Muslim?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:30pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

your holybook clearly states that:

Matthew 7:7-8
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

... so why dont you pray for ANYTHING you have always desired in life and see if it will happen today, this week, this year or even this century....if it doesnt then you will clearly have a confirmation that religion is BS.
Ask for spiritual things and entity.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:41pm On May 11, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
Ask for spiritual things and entity.

A) do you really believe that all the sick, poor and hungry people who go to church and pay tithes every sunday are seeking for "spiritual" things/entity?
B) do you believe that when these fraudsters in robe are faking miracle and making cripples walk again and/or blind men suddenly see, they are claiming "spiritual things/entity?
C) cant your god "spiritually" fix the world (that he supposedly created)?
D) cant your god "spiritually" get rid of the devil?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:44pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

A) do you really believe that all the sick, poor and hungry people who go to church and pay tithes every sunday are seeking for "spiritual" things/entity?
B) do you believe that when these fraudsters in robe are faking miracle and making cripples walk again and/or blind men suddenly see, they are claiming "spiritual things/entity?

A. The reason for going to church is for worship
B. There are fake pastors etc of cause
C. Yes he can
D. Yes he can and I usually think atheist don't believe in devil
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 5:59pm On May 11, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
A. The reason for going to church is for worship

come on, at least let us be honest to one another....99.9999% of people who go to church and pay tithes is to fulfill their life wishes (better life, better health, better finances etc) the majority wouldnt pay tithes (nor go to church) if they didnt believe it would help them to achieve the wishes i just quoted.

B. There are fake pastors etc of cause

when was the last time you havent met one of these fake pastors?!

C. Yes he can

why does he therefore stay silent while millions of innocent people are plagued, suffering and dying?!

D. Yes he can and I usually think atheist don't believe in devil

there are demons everywhere in this world, not only in the mind of religious people:
- a rapist is a beast/demon/devil... i dont need religion to believe that
- a pedophile is a beast/demon/devil... i dont need religion to believe that
- a murderer is a beast/demon/devil... i dont need religion to understand that.

the important question is that.... why does your god (who supposedly created the world) sit down and watches while innocent xtians die at the hand of these beast/demons/devils?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Faithful4real(m): 6:24pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

come on, at least let us be honest to one another....99.9999% of people who go to church and pay tithes is to fulfill their life wishes (better life, better health, better finances etc) the majority wouldnt pay tithes (nor go to church) if they didnt believe it would help them to achieve the wishes i just quoted.

why does he therefore stay silent while millions of innocent people are plagued, suffering and dying?!

there are demons everywhere in this world, not only in the mind of religious people:

the important question is that.... why does your god (who supposedly created the world) sit down and watches while innocent xtians die at the hand of these beast/demons/devils?

Actually sinners are no really a devil or a beast.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:51pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

A. I can't give the percentage but, IMHO some people do see the church as a wishing well, others for worship and some to fulfill religious duties.
B. I have heard them and see for myself anyways,seen in campus areas and not so good looking areas.
C. Nature is made and it's consequences (good or bad) must take place, people died of Illness and other causes during Jesus time.
D. I can't really say criminals are devil and wicked people are devil. I have witnessed power of the unknown from someone outside Christianity.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:12pm On May 11, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
A. I can't give the percentage but, IMHO some people do see the church as a wishing well, others for worship and some to fulfill religious duties.

again, as i have said earlier, we should be honest to one another... 99.999% would not go to church (let alone pay tithes to fraudsters in robe) if they knew that their wishes for a better life/health/finances will not come through.

B. I have heard them and see for myself anyways,seen in campus areas and not so good looking areas.

how did you actually know they were not fake pastors?

C. Nature is made and it's consequences (good or bad) must take place, people died of Illness and other causes during Jesus time.

but during that same "jesus time" wouldnt crippled people be healed? wouldnt dead men resuscitated? wouldnt water turned to wine?!

D. I can't really say criminals are devil and wicked people are devil. I have witnessed power of the unknown from someone outside Christianity.

of course, innocent xtians are savagely murdered/raped/abused/starved/suffering etc while your bible clearly states that:
2 Thessalonians 3:3
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Psalm 34:19
The righteous person may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all;
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:17pm On May 11, 2020
Faithful4real:
Actually sinners are no really a devil or a beast.

by all means...tell us all what rapist, pedos and murderers are if not evil beings...?
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Faithful4real(m): 7:47pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

by all means...tell us all what rapist, pedos and murderers are if not evil beings...?

They are human corrupted by demon. When they give their life to Christ there spirit become recreated a christ but his body and soul needs to be reborn. Those are the responsibilities a Christian have.

The devil can only affect there body and soul but not their spirit.

So they are not evil beings they are just controlled by demons.
Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:02pm On May 11, 2020
Faithful4real:

They are human corrupted by demon. When they give their life to Christ there spirit become recreated a christ but his body and soul needs to be reborn. Those are the responsibilities a Christian have.

The devil can only affect there body and soul but not their spirit.

So they are not evil beings they are just controlled by demons.

if that is the case then why that same bible demands that you murder, stone, maim and kill so many sinners, if their souls could indeed be redeemed?!

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Faithful4real(m): 8:08pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

if that is the case then why that same bible demands that you murder, stone, maim and kill so many sinners, if their souls could indeed be redeemed?!

Those laws were the old laws. That was why Jesus died for us to deliver us from those laws.

That is why Jesus told the pharisees that he came to save sinners.

Galatians 3:13
Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law , having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree” ),

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Good Reason To Stop Believing In God by Mbataku96(m): 8:29pm On May 11, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

Your post has made me come to this understanding, that atheists have capitalized on this Corona outbreak to discredit the existence of God. Shame! Shame!! Shame!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

In The Name Of Jesus: Why Is It So Powerful? / Why Is It That Most Religious Nations Are usually D Poorest & Backward Nations / Why Did God Create Germs And Viruses? Christians ,I need Your Answers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.