Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) (15418 Views)

Three Experiences That Make Me Think I'm Married To The Wrong Person / I Married Into The Wrong Family.. (true Story) / Over Emphasis On The Girl Child. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by emmaodet: 7:20am On May 14, 2020
Titi03:

This is all fake bravado online sir..

I'm very sure if we were to be exposed to the actual state / lifestyle most of these ladies are in, we would be moved to tears.

No one has this much vitriol in them and lives a happy life. Absolutely no one!

It's well.
Thanks for the words of encouragement because even though am married and shouldn't be worried, i have brothers, family and friends close to me i won't wish they marry these set of ladies.
By the way, you are my wife namesake and i like your comments.
You have just earned a follower

2 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by JasonJidenna(m): 7:21am On May 14, 2020
If you don't like me, F.U.C.C.K you.... From the bottom of my heart. wink
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Titi03(f): 7:46am On May 14, 2020
Visualize:
I told you. grin

Lmao..
Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Dande55: 7:47am On May 14, 2020
Ariza:
Let me know when you have checked it out and your perception about it.

But I'm certain it will be a good one. smiley wink
Babes, I'm fainting cry
The designs and arts are breath taking. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Ishilove: 7:49am On May 14, 2020
Y'all take Nairaland too seriously.

4 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by crackland: 8:03am On May 14, 2020
emmaodet:

It's well.
Thanks for the words of encouragement because even though am married and shouldn't be worried, i have brothers, family and friends close to me i won't wish they marry these set of ladies.
By the way, you are my wife namesake and i like your comments.
Amin

3 Likes

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Dande55: 8:06am On May 14, 2020
When an idea is challenged, it's called bully.
Someone created a thread without even facing the questions and challenges thrown at her. She started crying all over the thread, and somehow it's called bullying. cheesy grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Placing The Wrong Emphasis On Work (aka Earning A Living) by Mynd44: 8:13am On May 14, 2020
bukatyne:
Happy Sunday peeps.

I see, hear and read a lot of ladies been advised to 'face their career (which is actually work sef) and think of marriage later'.

Or just the short form 'career before marriage'.

Whatever variation of the advise, it generates laughter in me because:

1. Work/tilling the ground is actually a man's curse;
2. Work is just a means to an end: survival, sustenance etc.

Work in itself cannot give satisfaction hence replacing your family with 'work' always ends in tears.
interesting. The use of always suggests it is universal and true for all instances of people who pick their career over spouses

There is a reason work is often described as 'soul sucking'.

Family is also soul sucking actually. Post patrum disorder, PTSD from marriages, the need to get away and enjoy your own time

I watched an interview of Kourtney Kardashian where she said as she turned forty, she was afraid to die empty and felt she wasn't living enough.

You want to base a life hack on the Kardashians? Really?

That is a work/job: it gives you money and the fine things of life however, it can never give fulfillment. That's why even the very rich after they have made money start to look for causes how they can touch the lives of people positively or negatively.

That is not to say we should not be productive or resourceful. Every human should to the best of their ability be productive in a job, vocation or their calling

Some people give not because theu want to feel the reaction to a family but just because they dont like seeing others hungry or in pains

Now, there is something called 'calling or purpose'. This is the reason why you were created on earth. People's purpose range from pulling drugged kids off the street, inventing something to make our lives easier to writing lyrics that touch the soul. It can as well be spiritual as per pastors, evangelists, teachers, etc. etc.

How do we discover this purpose or calling?
1. God tells you;
2. You discover what you do effortless or what you are always drawn to. Some people would say what you can all day got free and be satisfied;
3. You discover your talents or gifts.

Every time you make an argument based on one religion, it is problematic why? Because not everyone follows your delicious beliefs. As a religious person, you have been conditioned after that religion and it shapes your beliefs and goals. Heck, that religion also dictates what you define as happiness and fulfillness

Some people are extremely lucky that their calling is their work. E. G. Someone whose calling is taking off drugged youth off the streets working in a NGO into rehabilitating drug addicts etc.

Every body has the duty to discover their purpose and fulfill it.

Remember my first point about how nothing is universal? The emboldened says it. Some people will find satisfaction in a family. Some in their jobs, some in a mustard. Everyone can only do what is best for them. Telling people that a job alone won't make them happy makes you no different from theo who say a job will make them happy

In summary, work is just work: a means to an end of living a better life and fulfilling your purpose/assignment in earth.
Do some charity work, do some NGO jobs and give back and see what it feels like even without a family. Think outside the box that is your religion and your thoughts might differ.

You can't expect an Atheist or a Buddist to follow your thoughts if you follow religion.
If you were born in India, you will probably be a Buddist. If you were born in Saudi, you will probably be a Muslim and these things shape experiences

Update: Original thread ended on page one.

Drama started from page two. cheesy

13 Likes 9 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (26) (Reply)

I Feel Like Divorcing My Husband: UPDATE / A nairalander has gone too soon. Bece / What's The Oldest Thing In Your Family House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.