Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,905 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

I Was A Husband: My Experience - Family (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Was A Husband: My Experience (133476 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / How Do I Handle A Husband Who Wants To Have Sex Almost Everyday? / Wife To Husband: ‘my Pregnancy Isn’t Yours’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 4:41pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Thank you.

After going through the follow up tunmiluabi posted in response to your scathing lmao subtle dressing down, albeit to a certain degree a deserving one, especially if you understand the psychology or working minds of women and the divine mandate ascribed to man, man in this context is referring to the male in this partnership, I couldn't not help not feeling that tunmiluabi and his estranged wife arent believers. I dont mean organised church goers, but actual they arent God of the Bible fearing couple.

I give it to tunmiluabi, for not washing his dirty linen in public and praise him for covering up his missus' unclothedness.

My advice to tunmiluabi, is to make peace with God, seek His Face and presence. To pray for grace. We already thank God for giving tunmiluabi the power & knowledge to create and get wealth. It takes three to get married and love is tribe - the Lover, the Beloved and Love. I won't labour the last sentence because this post is meant to be short and sweet

tunmiluabi, needs to look up the life of Naval and Abigail (i.e. 1 Samuel 25:2-42) and study every detail in it and then afterwards, review how he wants to go on in life.

I admire certain qualities displayed by tunmiluabi, who comes across as a fair minded, level-headed and undomineering male person. These are traits atypical of the classic Naija man.
Of course, the hand what life dealth out to him at the beginning was mediocre and this lead to all sorts developing on both fronts. Respect for husband was lost and love for missus equally too was lost.

tunmiluabi, I am guessing you're of a Muslim background, nonetheless, I want to refer you to Genesis 2:8, 15, as it seems, you are familiar with the Bible somehow. If you can spot it, you will find that, right from the beginning what in that verse ties in with what Ybaby was advancing. Infidel, is synonymous with unbelief, a person not believing in divine purpose(s), promise(s) pronounciation(s) and power(s)

You have a divine mandate tunmiluabi, according to that Genesis 2:15 above, to dress and keep everything placed in your care, lmao. Of course, this includes your missus to enhance, beautify her, pretty her up, decorate her, improve her, grace her as in be a facilitator that will bring the best out of her and make it possible for her to reach her full potential. I read you say, she is intelligent, her distinction is a testament of this.

There is a lady called Sarai/Sarah, without her husband insisting, she voluntarily accepted and called her husband Abram/Abraham her lord. This is her, unashamedly saying this man, her husband, owns her, that he is her owner, the same manner and/or way, a landlord owns a land or house.

"28So husbands must love their wives as they love their own bodies. A man who loves his wife loves himself.
29No one ever hated his own body. Instead, he feeds and takes care of it, as Christ takes care of the church.
31That's why a man will leave his father and mother and be united with his wife, and the two will be one
"
- Ephesians 5:28-29, 31

There is no equality in love, as the lover, always sees the beloved, as way up placed on a pedestal a "bae", before anyone else, so beyond comparison, while the beloved, sees the lover as without an equal

I don't want to go on as I've already overstretched my limit, but will now say, seek your Maker's face, pour out your heart to your Maker. Confess your destination to your Maker and don't give the situation oxygen. I no doubt know your heart desires will be respected. Miracles do still happens. You are an intelligent guy, who understands how to connect dots. A wise person sees things, which an ignorant person will require volumes to understand. No human heart wants love for five minutes or five years, but forever. It is well bro.

Infidels and epistle 6 and 7

They will write a whole novel so they will not pay thier children school fees or shelter thier family

E ku iranu

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:41pm On May 14, 2020
bukatyne:

Summarizing the bolded line.

God might choose our spouses however we need to work at it.

God's choosing just make challenges (not bad behaviors like adultery, abuse, extreme jealousy, stifling of potentials etc) easier to bear because you know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

God doesn’t choose our spouses.

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:42pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

It has worked for me for 19 years and works for many people too.

The ones who donot adher to roles open marital thread on Nairaland

I agree! kiss

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 4:43pm On May 14, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I agree! kiss
kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by ajbf: 4:43pm On May 14, 2020
CHoccolaTE:

Lmao

Men love to ignore that verse of the bible. Their favorite verse is the one telling women to submit.

They also ignore the verse that talks about mutual submission in christianity.
Do women want to talk about being Virtuous women to their husbands as stated in Proverbs 31: 10 --- till the end?
Marriage is not a jamboree. Both parties (the couple) need to work their ass up to provide for their family. I will advise you to read that Proverbs chapter 31 from verse 1 to the end and advise your son(s), and probably brothers.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by toye440: 4:44pm On May 14, 2020
Obingene:
Hian!!
Cold shivers ran down my spines as I read this.
I'm so not enthusiastic about marriage anymore.
marriage Na Scam Abi.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by TemmyT002(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2020
Prymestrr:
Call me a sissy if you wish but I've a strong prejudice for marriage and hope to avoid it throughout my life Godwilling.
My focus in life now is my self development and being a good father to my greatest achievement in life; my son. With him I am content. No more kids and definitely no wife if I can help it embarassed

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Sunshyne200(m): 4:44pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

Those men are myopic. That is like a woman disrespecting a man because she bore the child.

Each party brings a certain resource(s) to the table and they are equal but different.

It is only an silly man that will disrespect his wife because he pays Bill's.

In saner climes the wealth is shared into half when dissolving the marriage - you know why? Becos if the man had to baby sit and nurture he will not have so much wealth and much more.

What a woman brings to the table is intangible eg peace, love, dinner time, family together time, spiritual time and when you force her to concentrate on the tangible guess what she can no longer bring the intangible.... so peace is the first to fly out then dinner time follows, picnic and family togetherness is gone.

She hates the man for it.

A woman must have her own money, own her own business or job but if her boss slaps her butt - a catered for woman will slap him back right away but if she is the bill player she takes it and becomes his girlfriend sef then the man comes on NL and says he is being cheated on.

We discuss the effect but the root is because she needs to make ends meet. A married woman should not be desperate to make ends meet. Put her in that situation and .. we have threads where seemingly kind wife turns to Dracula.

Leave your wives money for her. She does not have the capacity to feed a grown man, cloth him and shelter and it does not matter how much money she has.... she does not have the emotional capacity to do this and still see the man as her crown... he becomes her bathroom slippers and NO MAN except shameless men like @emmaodet can take the disrespectful eyeing of a woman who is feeding them. If you are feeding your wife and she eyes you.... you can look away and spank her during runtime but if she is paying your Bill's. It goes right into the soul.

This is my take.

Your previous comments and this is so instructive, might be from a females angle, but it's entirely the truth.

Pardon me; are you married, single or taken?

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 4:46pm On May 14, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Your previous comments and this is so instructive, might be from a females angle, but it's entirely the truth.

19 years happily married and provided for.... a kept woman

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by ajbf: 4:46pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:

Infidel
You not a Virtuous woman ( Proverbs 31 : 10 - 31). Simple!

6 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by bukatyne(f): 4:46pm On May 14, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

God doesn’t choose our spouses.

God sha gives wives to men?

Proverbs 19 vs 14: House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by sucess001(m): 4:47pm On May 14, 2020
It's not just marriage. Women are not good with power. Abuse is common for a lot of them cos it's an unusual position. Sad.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by MuttleyLaff: 4:49pm On May 14, 2020
Ybaby:
Infidels and epistle 6 and 7
They will write a whole novel [s]so they will not pay thier children school fees or shelter thier family[/s]
E ku iranu
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
Trust nothing the matter, hmm?
"Mi o ro boya oka epistle nah sef", loosely translated means "I doubt she read the alleged epistle sef before commenting"

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by rosalieene(f): 4:50pm On May 14, 2020
Most of the time, women are always painted as the victims of failed marriages when in some cases, its always the men that are victims. The woman would come out with her own side of the story of how she fed, clothed you and how you were lazy.�

your major issue here is that your wife felt you were lazy and wanted her money, that's what led to all that as she got fed up.

But the both of you lack understanding, understand and support your partner. *Know the difference between a lazy husband who just wants to live off his wife money and a husband that is just so unfortunate who needs support* that's what a lot of this women fail to understand. There is a huge difference.

Not everyone end up been lucky to be blessed with money. Some people try and try but it doesn't come.

In your case, thank God you had the last laugh finally.

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Bakare19: 4:50pm On May 14, 2020
jaxxy:

The beginning of it all and ur marital problems and also ur wife’s infidelity was when she wanted to go on a course and advance herself.

I must immediately tell u ladies have a ridiculous weakness and behavior, they are drawn to better attention and living even if it is most irresponsible, once they start to advance especially by their own efforts or thru sm outsider or frnds they begin to become foolish, loose all sense of responsibility and commitment to their partners be it husband or bf and get drawn by the temporal attention they have started to enjoy elsewhere. Ridicule their once cherished partner who probably needs them more then than ever before. It’s quite sad.

A sorry tale and a big discouragement in taking a gal or lady serious especially the ones struggling and trying to advance. They ultimately lack character and that is a big flaw for any partner, be it wife or husband.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 14, 2020
Now that you have money, take your wife back. It's natural for women to behave the way she did when the husband is not providing for the home

3 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by freshboi88: 4:52pm On May 14, 2020
After seeing some comments, the devil is really the ruler of this world
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by TiglathPILESER: 4:52pm On May 14, 2020
Obingene:
Hian!!

Cold shivers ran down my spines as I read this.

I'm so not enthusiastic about marriage anymore.
Then dont think of ever having sex or exploiting sex through other means.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by 9izone(f): 4:53pm On May 14, 2020
thatsleepboy1:

I was moved to tears and your story is very emotional.
OP you passed through a lot. May God guide u wella.

But be patient with women and shine your eyes. It's the next woman in your life that'll suffer for her sins.
How on Earth do you even believe this story?
Anyways if I must say, leaving the house is an error! Looking at his wife, she managed, she never left him because he has no job, she was there even though they are fighting and all that she stood! So my dear, if this woman tells you her own part of story now, I promise, you will skip.
From my own sensing, I see this man ran into another woman.

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by MuttleyLaff: 4:53pm On May 14, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Ybaby:
19 years happily married and provided for.... a kept woman
She's married to an Igbo brother. She's Ijebu and still a learner

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Prymestrr(m): 4:54pm On May 14, 2020
TemmyT002:
Trust me man. In this era, the bad outweighs the good if any embarassed

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 4:54pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://media./images/e3544b8117d3ecbb0cb8751f1ce0ff71/tenor.gif[/img]
Trust nothing the matter, hmm?
"Mi o ro boya oka epistle nah sef", loosely translated means "I doubt she read the alleged epistle sef before commenting"

I did not sir.

If you promise me you are paying your children's school without your wife's help I will read it.

Plus busy men hardly have time to write epistle

So sorry I didnot read it

2 Likes

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 14, 2020
tunmiluabi:

Type error.. No... its one child...
it's well with you my brother, God will remember me just like He did with you.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 4:55pm On May 14, 2020
TiglathPILESER:
Then dont think of ever having sex or exploiting sex through other means.

Are you saying he should jo soapy... grin grin grin
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Mariangeles(f): 4:56pm On May 14, 2020
yaki84:

So u think God wasn't involved in his?
Wake up bro

There's always peace and unity where God is involved.
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by PrimadonnaO(f): 4:57pm On May 14, 2020
bukatyne:

God sha gives wives to men?

Proverbs 19 vs 14: House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

Ultimately, everything is from the Lord! cheesy

But the practical activity of choosing, is solely man’s business. He that findeth a wife... Not He that taketh the wife that I chose for him.

It would seem that after Adam’s fall in the garden, and his saying “the wife that you gave to me...” made God do an about-turn on the choosing thing. Lol.

So we choose, and present our choices before Him. Because He’s the all-seeing God, He will endorse or disagree, if the person asking is one who is sensitive to hearing from God.
But anyone who doesn’t seek His face first and goes ahead with whatever choice they’ve made, well... You know the rest.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by TemmyT002(m): 4:58pm On May 14, 2020
Prymestrr:

Trust me man. In this era, the bad outweighs the good if any embarassed

Hmm. True. One needs to be very careful sha
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by dharamanil(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2020
My man, I give you full regard. You be man and las las God no let you down
Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Roon9(m): 4:59pm On May 14, 2020
iHart:
God please help me in my marriage, I don't want to experience all these stories I read on nairaland.

Mine is in 2months time. I just pray

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by HRMK: 4:59pm On May 14, 2020
THANK YOU FOR WASTING OUR PRECIOUS TIME FOR NOTHING SAKE!WHAT A MEANINGLESS EPISTLE!!

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 5:00pm On May 14, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

She's married to an Igbo brother. She's Ijebu and still a learner

I will abuse you..
Watch!

1 Like

Re: I Was A Husband: My Experience by Ybaby: 5:01pm On May 14, 2020
ajbf:

Do women want to talk about being Virtuous women to their husbands as stated in Proverbs 31: 10 --- till the end?
Marriage is not a jamboree. Both parties (the couple) need to work their ass up to provide for their family. I will advise you to read that Proverbs chapter 31 from verse 1 to the end and advise your son(s), and probably brothers.

Provide first if she is not virtuous we will give her portion but provide first biko

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (43) (Reply)

I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help / You Met Your Wife Sister Like This, What Will You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.