Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,861 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:06 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (111882 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by SleekyP(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2020
Nexus25:
[s]Gambari Agboola is a pure Fulani. Infact, his uncle renowned his Yoruba name when he was made Emir.

Ibrahim Gambari is devious and dangerous.
Responsible for the retirement of several Yoruba Diplomats when he was Buhari's Minister of External Affairs between 1984 and 1985.

No true Yoruba son and daughter should argue his origin. He's simply a Fulani man[/s]

Cc seunmsg

their forefathers are fulanis & early settlers in Ilorin.....the rest is history wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by kingbee90: 4:02pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.

YORUBA BROTHER??
TELL ME BROS, WHAT DOES IBRAHIM & GAMBARI MEAN IN YORUBA LANGUAGE? I WANT TO LEARN.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 4:02pm On May 12, 2020
adelaja70:
OK.. What's the meaning of Idiagbon in Hausa... In Yoruba it means UNDER THE COCONUT.
idiagbon is a Yoruba word. Probably his mother is a Fulani
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Miracle1991: 4:02pm On May 12, 2020
osazsky:
whether u like it or not the gambaris took u guys as slaves killed all the coward men and got married to ur girls forcefully for free sex and started adopting yoruba names just as disguise incase the real yoruba attack them when they are not ready to fight they will be speared are these people not smart and yet they say they are uneducated it all boils down to politics
why is it paining you?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:03pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

I'm sure u feel silly for celebrating ANOTHER Fulani man
Hehehehe
Alright igbo boy

I am sure you would spend the rest of the evening wondering how you can get Biafra

How is that your old Moniker Seguno?

It seems you really like Yoruba names! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by vegafbs: 4:03pm On May 12, 2020
President Muhammadu Buhari has announced the appointment of Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari as the new Chief of Staff.

The new Chief of Staff hails from Kwara state.

Gambari was the Minister of External Affairs between 1984 and 1985.

https://theupdates.net/breaking-gambari-replaces-abba/

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 4:03pm On May 12, 2020
seunmsg:

You mean Kolapo is no longer part of emir of Ilorin’s name?

Can you provide links to support the two claims in bold?

Keep deceiving yourself that because he answers 'Kolapo' as middle name he is now an official Yoruba Oba or Emir, good enough people like Ibaa Gani Adams are not tricked like your type
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:04pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
idiagbon is a Yoruba word. Probably his mother is a Fulani
Idiaagbon's father is pure Fulani but his mom is Yoruba.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Alright igbo boy

I am sure you would spend the rest of the evening wondering how you can get Biafra

How is that your old Moniker Seguno?

It seems you really like Yoruba names! cheesy

The guy who thinks a Fulani man is Yoruba is calling me Igbo?
Hahaha
The irony!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by 9iceprince(m): 4:05pm On May 12, 2020
valdetino:
Another Muslim

AS IF Jonathan appointed a Muslim COS and SGF

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by myobjective: 4:05pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:

Fulanis deceptively attach themselves to tribes they conquer to confuse the people, during elections they call themselves Hausa-Fulani, after elections are won they call themselves Fulani ethnic group.
Some Yorubas in a ploy to hide the shame of having to Dobale for a Fulani Emir claim that the Fulanis have been Yorubanized cool

Have you been to Ilorin?
I bet you wouldn't be able to spend a week there if you don't even know how to speak Yoruba.

There as Igala in Anambra but now they are Igbo, the same way are Ilorin Fulanis Yoruba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dikebuka: 4:06pm On May 12, 2020
Kia Fulani game sweet die.
I am an igbo man but seriously I like dia political sophistication. tomorrow he would answer kwara man and if care is not taken contest self.

As soon as I heard nephew to Emir in Kwara, I laughed..

But seriously the should try and change that stuff abit to Oba so that only the wise would understand

Thank God for history seriously
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Tolase1999(m): 4:06pm On May 12, 2020
congratulation to my pro-chancellor of Bayero University Kano. u can see his legacy in BUK

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

The guy who thinks a Fulani man is Yoruba is calling me Igbo?
Hahaha
The irony!
Bro denial is in your blood

The irony is lost on you, if you have to adopt Yoruba names to try to sound intelligent on a faceless forum

How far about Biafla now? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Miracle1991: 4:08pm On May 12, 2020
sesan85:
Lol, Ibrahim Agboola Gambari is one of those Fulanis from Ilorin with Yoruba name. He is the brother of the Emir of Ilorin Zulu Kolapo Gambari. Therefore, Bubu still appointed a Fulani man, lol.
so what? Kill yourself
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 4:08pm On May 12, 2020
JaffyJoe:
The Emirate family in Ilorin are 100% Fulani. The sprinkle of Yoruba in his name is tactical. I have no issue with whomever Buhari wants working with him.
nothing like 100% Fulani in Ilorin maybe in core north.
There is no cultural or language trace of Fulani in Ilorin today.you an outsider can never identify them. Alimi descendants have been yorubanised. They eat, dress, speak, answer Yoruba names. Only few of them re still holding their names.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 4:09pm On May 12, 2020
Dikebuka:
Kia Fulani game sweet die.
I am an igbo man but seriously I like dia political sophistication. tomorrow he would answer kwara man and if care is not taken contest self.

As soon as I heard nephew to Emir in Kwara, I laughed..

But seriously the should try and change that stuff abit to Oba so that only the wise would understand

Thank God for history seriously

That's why history was removed from school curriculum to deceive Yoruba kids

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Bro denial is in your blood

The irony is lost on you, if you have to adopt Yoruba names to try to sound intelligent in a faceless forum

How far about Biafla now? cheesy

Na Agboola dem use scam you
Mumu man

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Tolase1999(m): 4:09pm On May 12, 2020
Rexmy:

His profile seems interesting... I hope he delivers righteously.
He is also the pro chancellor of bayero university kano

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:10pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
nothing like 100% Fulani in Ilorin maybe in core north.
There is no cultural or language trace of Fulani in Ilorin today.you an outsider can never identify them. Alimi descendants have been yorubanised. They eat, dress, speak, answer Yoruba names. Only few of them re still holding their names.

Let's be real pls!
Stop defending these Fulani games!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Na Agboola dem use scam you Mumu man
Yes better than a worthless faceless Igbo boy

Face your Biafla cheesy
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

The Gambari doesn't trace its route to Sokoto. The Ilorin emirate grew organically on its own it only sworn alliance to Gwandu at some point in its political life. The Fulani that came to settle in Ilorin all came from old Oyo after they settled there from Mali.

Pick a book to cure your ignorance.

Alliance ke' why didnt they sware the alliance to oyo? let me school u. the illorin emir grew after the afonjas chickend out stop hiding the main fact. the fulani took over and then bowed to sokoto which is a bigger emirate. jst like britens had emperos, lords,governors in our country during the colonalsysterm
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FlordFlorez(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2020
valdetino:
Another Muslim
and a northerner (Kwara State).
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mechanics(m): 4:11pm On May 12, 2020
The post of COS requires one who's strong and agile.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by OriOko88(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:
Fulanis in Ilorin deceiving Yoruba Muslims by adding Yoruba as their middle names since the period Alimi invaded and conquered the Alaafin by using the traitor called Afonja grin angry

Answering Agboola will make Yoruba Muslims believe he is representing them and not the Sultan who oversees Ilorin Emirate grin
I tot you're Yoruba??
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by illicit(m): 4:12pm On May 12, 2020
The Fulanis of Ilorin are naturalized Yorubas, although they, particularly the royalty are descendants of Shehu Alimi the founder of the Emirate in Ilorin.

They speak Yoruba and have Yoruba names as a result of Ilorin being traditional and presently a Yoruba city.

They belong to the caste you can refer to Fulani Yoruba. The present Emir has a Yoruba name, Kolapo and he is a brother to this Ambasador.

Another Fulani Yoruba family are the Belgores.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by CreekCommando: 4:14pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:
Truth is Buhari has so many surprises in his sleeve. Wouldn't have ever thought someone from Kwara will be his chief of staff. That office is like the soul of the president. I am now believing the news I read few days back that a new cabal is cropping up.

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo.
And to those who says he is too found of old people, baba don show say una dey correct cos the man na 75 years old.

My conclusion, he has a good biography and I pray he pledges his allegiance to both the president and the nation as a whole. May God help you do good and not be caught up in the politics and become useless AMEN.

And may he have the courage to tell the president whenever he is making a wrong decision or being advised to make a wrong decision.

And to those wishing Buhari dead, just pray you live as old as him o cos the man no dey die yet o and people that thought they will outlive him are gone and some terribly sick now ooooooo. May we all live long and may God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA. AMEN.

And to think he will go to the territory and abode of SARAKI to pick his new chief of staff baffles me ooooo.
Brig. Tunde Idiagbon -- Yoruba with Fulani mother, his V.P in 1985
Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari -- Yoruba, maybe with Fulani mother, check very well; the nepotist can never change
You don't Know Buhari.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 4:14pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

Let's be real pls!
Stop defending these Fulani games!
excuse me wasnt to talking to you.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FisifunKododada: 4:15pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.

When did Gambari become a Yoruba name?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Yes better than a worthless faceless Igbo boy

Face your Biafla cheesy

I doubt u r Yoruba
Fulani man disguising as Yoruba
Abeg enjoy ur brother 'Agboola'
Hehehe

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by deesquarediddy(m): 4:15pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:

Get your fact right...Gambari people of Kwara State are not Yoruba. They are Fulani.

Sulu Gambari, the emir of Ilorin is Fulani.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dikebuka: 4:16pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:

That's why history was removed from school curriculum to deceive Yoruba kids

See as people just deh jump up because of Agboola name..well sha..time will tell

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (25) (Reply)

How Buhari, Osinbajo Now Greet In Aso Rock (photos) / President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump At The Oval Office. Photos / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.