Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,776 members, 7,813,566 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:07 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (111865 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nwaonyishi69: 5:00pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:
Truth is Buhari has so many surprises in his sleeve. Wouldn't have ever thought someone from Kwara will be his chief of staff. That office is like the soul of the president. I am now believing the news I read few days back that a new cabal is cropping up.

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo.
And to those who says he is too found of old people, baba don show say una dey correct cos the man na 75 years old.

My conclusion, he has a good biography and I pray he pledges his allegiance to both the president and the nation as a whole. May God help you do good and not be caught up in the politics and become useless AMEN.

And may he have the courage to tell the president whenever he is making a wrong decision or being advised to make a wrong decision.

And to those wishing Buhari dead, just pray you live as old as him o cos the man no dey die yet o and people that thought they will outlive him are gone and some terribly sick now ooooooo. May we all live long and may God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA. AMEN.

And to think he will go to the territory and abode of SARAKI to pick his new chief of staff baffles me ooooo.
Hope you know that relevant people in kwara are Fulani; and Gambari is one of them?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by nnadengram(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2020
[b][/b]
FREEMADNESS:
I have a feeling dat dis nigga is gonna snitch.
is either he betrays his boss or his pple (Yorubas)
not trust worthy at all.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by omorkelly(m): 5:01pm On May 12, 2020
witsel4:
Wonderful!
So which cartel does he belong?
Aishat or Mamman Daura?

He belongs to non of the above but rather to an external cabal; If you know, you know....
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 5:02pm On May 12, 2020
clemmonce:
Bro... I will explain some things to you, Buhari is not a Tribalistic person. . He is just doing his best to protect his people, the only way the North can survive in Nigeria is to put themselves in strategic position or else they will be totally marginalised. It is a plan from the amalgamation of Nigeria.... The Northerners are just protecting the future of their region. Simple. and i dont blame him.
Protecting their future by exploiting and cheating every other region especially those laying the golden egg. Right?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by freeze001(f): 5:04pm On May 12, 2020
Of course! Is the country and its appointments meant for only the North? There are smart, well-qualified and loyal Southerners that can also be appointed!
Omoslim26:

you go still complain if buhari put person of 35yrs pure Fulani-hausa man

let's just tell ourselves the truth all of us for this Country just dey pretend all we know is tribal attachment
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by KunleyY19(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2020
What are people saying sef...

The Gambari in his name is only paying homage to the fact that their lineage had their roots to the Alimi and Fulani conquerors... But today there's no real Fulani in Ilorin. In their traditional system of government, they still keep the Heritage that's why they use Seriki, Emir etc...
The same Ilorin has families that belong to Afonja Lineage. It's just a mixed land. They are more Yoruba's than Fulani's. Remember Kwara United was once called Afonja Warriors before being changed to Harmony Boys... If you doubt go to Ilorin today and start speaking Fulani...���

So till today it's either Ilorin Afonja or Ilorin Alimi...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:
Fulanis in Ilorin deceiving Yoruba Muslims by adding Yoruba as their middle names since the period Alimi invaded and conquered the Alaafin by using the traitor called Afonja grin angry

Answering Agboola will make Yoruba Muslims believe he is representing them and not the Sultan who oversees Ilorin Emirate grin
As much as I hate to admit this, this is the gospel truth. Yoruba open your eyes.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by KunleyY19(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2020
Nwaonyishi69:
Hope you know that relevant people in kwara are Fulani; and Gambari is one of them?

Names

Everyone suddenly now knows Kwara more than the indigenes!!!���

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2020
senatordave1:

So Fulani's dey bear agboola
Fulani will bear any name of the locals. It's an old trick in the bag used for usurpation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by riczy(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2020
I envy his résumé, God take my call!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by clemmonce(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2020
Kaysalas:

Protecting their future by exploiting and cheating every other region especially those laying the golden egg. Right?
That is the way it is. Do you know how many people China is reaping off, how many people the Arabs are reaping off....... Do you know how Europe is reaping Africa off... Humans are selfish by nature is only (I am Christian though so i will say it my own way) if God comes in to dwell in men that is when you can become selfless.
I dont support him in any way. But that is just the way it is. There is nothing we can do about that.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by oshorstan(f): 5:13pm On May 12, 2020
His age will soon be edited to 67
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FisifunKododada: 5:13pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Alright, igbo boy.

He is not Igbo. He is full-blooded Yoruba just like me. We have been warning some of you to STOP falling for Fulani tricks of pretending to be one of us while destroying our culture in Ilorin.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by OmoOshodi(m): 5:13pm On May 12, 2020
Meet the new Chief of Staff to the president......don't be deceived by the name he's a full fledged Fulani man

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by KunleyY19(m): 5:14pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:
Fulanis in Ilorin deceiving Yoruba Muslims by adding Yoruba as their middle names since the period Alimi invaded and conquered the Alaafin by using the traitor called Afonja grin angry

Answering Agboola will make Yoruba Muslims believe he is representing them and not the Sultan who oversees Ilorin Emirate grin

It's nothing new... Ilorin hate to be called Westerners... They have proven it right from time. But Kwara axis is a technical one because other part of the state particularly the South too will never claim to be from the north. Talk of Erin Ile, Offa, Ijagbo and the likes. Kwara is just a mixed state of various entity. The key in Kwara is a Muslim name and Not Yoruba name or Fulani name... Same reason Saraki was given Abubakar a name that never appeared on his certificates while in secondary school.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by danuzochukwu: 5:14pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.
No, he is not, he is a Fulani man from Ilorin, a brother to Sulu Gambari the Amir of Ilorin.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by sesan85(m): 5:15pm On May 12, 2020
Miracle1991:
so what? Kill yourself
Okay, cretin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by kpada22: 5:15pm On May 12, 2020
People like you and failure are 5&6, how on earth will you think of religion here? When we are considering competence!!!
valdetino:
Another Muslim
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 5:16pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
All these trolling won't help you achieve Bialra

If u call Gambari a Yoruba man, how can u recognize me?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by timo90(m): 5:19pm On May 12, 2020
gambari is pure Fulani,my father use to says gambari pa Fulani koni ejo ninu

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by xcabczyxabczzzz: 5:19pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:

He is Fulani not Yoruba, 'Agboola' in his name na scam wink

Here in the North when a Fulani migrates to a new city he will bear pick a name peculiar to that community and sometimes extend it to bearing the name of that town and use it to contest election.
You hear names like Musa Bida, Senator Issa Misau, Sule Maitama, Abdullahi Wase, Aminu Kano, Abdullahi Ganduje, Hassan Akwanga, Ahmed Suleja, Issa Funtua, Maman Daura etc the surnames are names of towns
Nice insight.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Bekool(m): 5:20pm On May 12, 2020
naptu2:
Biography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Gambari

His brother, Alhaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari, is the Emir of Ilorin.

In 1990 when the Gulf Crisis was being discussed at the UN, 2 of the 3 officials at the high table were from Nigeria. General Joe Garba was the president of the UN General Assembly at the time and Professor Gambari was also on the high table. Below is a picture of Professor Gambari and General Garba.

He has a very rich CV people like these are supposed to be the president of Nigeria not working under an illiterate fulaniherdsman.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by orisa37: 5:21pm On May 12, 2020
THESE MILITARY ARE SO CUNNING IN LURING HIGHLY TOASTED CIVILIAN PROFESSIONALS TO DO THEIR LAUNDRIES.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by ijedeikorodu(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
From KyaRI to GambaRI nna ihea na gbam gaRI angry

Kyari - Gambari - Buhari
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2020
clemmonce:
That is the way it is. Do you know how many people China is reaping off, how many people the Arabs are reaping off....... Do you know how Europe is reaping Africa off... Humans are selfish by nature is only (I am Christian though so i will say it my own way) if God comes in to dwell in men that is when you can become selfless.
I dont support him in any way. But that is just the way it is. There is nothing we can do about that.
There is actually something we can do about that.
History is replete with incidences of subjugated people who later changed status quo. It will happen again!
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yusman316(m): 5:23pm On May 12, 2020
dadexcel:
...."minister of external affairs "1984 TO 1985" Still in government in 2020 about 35 years after and some people still come here to praise these guys ....just unfortunate...
Sen. John McCain was in The U.S Senate for 30+ years before his death. He will still probably be in the Senate if not for his death. Service is not just about age but what one can offer in service

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by DJMCOTTY(m): 5:24pm On May 12, 2020
The man wowo sha
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by thatigboman: 5:24pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.
he is fulani. Gambari, the emir of ilorin is fulani, and the man is his uncle
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dpharisee: 5:25pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

Because they were fighting with Oyo. Ilorin was just a small outpost of Oyo. It has no king because it was part of Oyo, it was Afonja that sort independence for Ilorin when he had a problem with the then Alaafin of Oyo. He achieves this independence with the help of Fulani, Hausa/Nupe (slave from Oyo) and Yoruba Muslim. After independence, Afonja was killed in a palace coup and the son of Alimi was appointed as the 'amir' a title which means the head of Muslim which then metamorphosed into the Oba/emir of Ilorin today.

Historically, Ilorin never hard an Oba so there was no way the Afonja family could claim to be the ruling class of Ilorin and the Ilorin people are cool with the Fulani emir, who are you to disagree.

Liar, the Emir has been forced on them with federal might. If they protest or resist it is always brutally crushed.
Ilorin is a garrison of the Alaafin not an Emirate historically
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yusman316(m): 5:26pm On May 12, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Yoru wetin? Yoruba de answer Gambari? Do you know d full meaning of Gambari?
Fulani de answer Agboola?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:28pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:
Truth is Buhari has so many surprises in his sleeve. Wouldn't have ever thought someone from Kwara will be his chief of staff. That office is like the soul of the president. I am now believing the news I read few days back that a new cabal is cropping up.

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo.
And to those who says he is too found of old people, baba don show say una dey correct cos the man na 75 years old.

My conclusion, he has a good biography and I pray he pledges his allegiance to both the president and the nation as a whole. May God help you do good and not be caught up in the politics and become useless AMEN.

And may he have the courage to tell the president whenever he is making a wrong decision or being advised to make a wrong decision.

And to those wishing Buhari dead, just pray you live as old as him o cos the man no dey die yet o and people that thought they will outlive him are gone and some terribly sick now ooooooo. May we all live long and may God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA. AMEN.

And to think he will go to the territory and abode of SARAKI to pick his new chief of staff baffles me ooooo.

Ibrahim Gambari is not Yoruba.
He is Fulani.
You forget that Ilorin is ruled by a Fulani dynasty.
Prof is the elder brother to the current Emir.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by thatigboman: 5:28pm On May 12, 2020
Organicist95:

I'm sure you didn't see the middle name AGBOOLA....a Yoruba name
like ROTIMI Amaechi. The man is ilorin fulani, mr man

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (25) (Reply)

How Buhari, Osinbajo Now Greet In Aso Rock (photos) / President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump At The Oval Office. Photos / 10 Most Developed Local Government Areas In Nigeria-opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.