Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (112033 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Cmanforall: 4:42pm On May 12, 2020
naptu2:

https://aledeh.com/2020/05/12/just-in-buhari-appoints-prof-ibrahim-gambari-as-new-chief-of-staff/
shocked

Minister of External Affairs in 1984... Now Chief of Staff in 2020... This is 36 good years and his generation is still in power.
Who did this to Nigeria?
cry cry cry
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by okenyenwa(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2020
Where is buhari in this country. It's been long i saw this man operating since abbah kyari died. This country is full of mystry.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 12, 2020
NWO and Who have taken over FG. Trust me you won't see PMB swear him in live if the news is not fake.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by AmDayo: 4:43pm On May 12, 2020
Mynd44:
He is an uncle to the present Emir Of Ilorin

Nephew not uncle.

They were also born in the same year.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 4:43pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.
Don't be fooled. He is not Yoruba. If you know, you know
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
so Emir is a Fulani title?
no sir oba is. abi baale, hehe
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by AmDayo: 4:44pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.

Bro no be Yoruba him be na core fulani

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dchampion65: 4:45pm On May 12, 2020
His credentials is incredible. Highly experienced but am afraid of Nigeria factor.

Hope Aso Rock demon will not 'demonise' him
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:46pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

My Yoruba brother's that fight for Fulani's?
My Yoruba brother's that can't see the bloodshed that is coming in lorry loads?
Those ones are enemies of Yoruba land
All these trolling won't help you achieve Bialra
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2020
senatordave1:

Yes a very good choice.Aisha or lai must have a hand in this.though a northerner,he is a Yoruba man.up buhari
Don't be fooled bro.
Since when did Gambari become Yoruba? Didn't you see the part he was called an uncle to the emir of Ilorin. Reason bro, reason.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StreetFight: 4:47pm On May 12, 2020
ogbuefi677:
Gofment of old,tired people.
Some1 that was already a lecturer 51 yrs ago.
Even if he was 30 then(almost impossible),means he's 81 now.

Lazy youth like you are only interested in drugs trafficking, sports betting and Yahoo Yahoo. Those qualities do not qualify you for leadership position. We cannot afford to have someone like Dino Melaye, Yahaya Bello, Ben Ayade or Nyesom Wike all who have psychiatric disorders as Chief of Staff to our dear President.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by slivertongue: 4:48pm On May 12, 2020
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari. Honestly, nobody saw this coming. He’s definitely not a bad choice and not the type of person that can be controlled by various interest struggling to hijack the presidency.

However, I’m concerned about his age. I hope he still has a lot of energy to run the office of the chief of staff at 76. I also hope he has no relationship or loyalty to the Saraki family of Ilorin.

let pray for strength. as for relationship with the sarakis ? the answer is yes
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Godfightsforme: 4:49pm On May 12, 2020
OK good, let him work well.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by olahero(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2020
Thank you Mr. President for choosing your CSO from my town.

This is a big blow to Bukola Saraki, He thought Kwara will not succeed without him, now look at where we are today!

FCC Chairman from Kwara, just appointed by Buhari.
2 Ministerial Slots to Kwara.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by myobjective: 4:50pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

that does not in any where change the fact that fulani are kings in yoruba land. be sincere if it was igbo that had a fulani as king you'll be shouting coward upandown.
afonja betryed oyo. and foolishly handed illorin to the fulani go and 5x

You can kill yourself the people of Ilorin are cool with their one/emir.

His position is a religious one and mostly ceremonial no one gives a Bleep.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by AmDayo: 4:51pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:
His mother is Yoruba and he speaks quite fluent Yoruba because he has spent most of his life in Lagos.

Gambari is a Yoruba name for Hausa tho.

wake up bro

he is a core Fulani
I live in Ilorin and am telling you the fact.

most of Fulani people in Ilorin have Yoruba name

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StreetFight: 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
Kaysalas:

Don't be fooled bro.
Since when did Gambari become Yoruba? Didn't you see the part he was called an uncle to the emir of Ilorin. Reason bro, reason.

And Emir of Ilorin is an Igbo or Ijaw. If you are not from Ilorin, then you cannot talk about Ilorin. Even people from other local government of Kwara State like Offa, Ifelodun, Irepodun, Asa, Oyun, e.t.c. do not know nor understand Ilorin's history and people. The rubbish you read in the internet are nonsense. I am from Ilorin and I know my people and my history.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Salamiazeez(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
congrats sir@gambari...kudos to PMB ...
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by HarunaWest(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
mvem:
Atiku Fulani heritage is disputed. I have spoken to many Adamawa people and they say he is not really Fulani.I understand what you mean by the intermixing which will alter the pure characteristics, because it is not hard to tell a pure fulani man
Atiku speaks fulfude, Buhari doesn't..But Buhari claims to be Fulani isn't it absurd. There's documentary evidence that Atikus parents are fulanis. So where the argument.
If you have been to Illorin,you will understand better. The fulanis there intermary. Not all Fulani must have that physical appearance that you seek. Not every Fulani is slim or has a pointed nose, not every Fulani is fair complexioned. I would have loved to argue with you but it's obvious you aren't from the North so you wouldn't know the dynamics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Yusman316(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
o9o9:
Served as minister 30 years ago and now still in power?

What's the big deal in the COS office that requires such an old person?

What happened to young energetic people?
The old people in the govt won't respect a young man
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:

Even if I want to call you Igbo, I will just call you Igbo and I won't stupidly call you that. And for disagreeing with what I wrote doesn't mean I will just term you Igbo. I work with one of the biggest IOCs in this country that holds the economy of this nation and one of the things we cherish most is our culture diversity. And for record purpose sir, I am not stupid. And thanks for the compliment I will always remember you for that.

You can play the pity card for all I care, that's your business. But anyone, who has seen the ethnic and religious inclinations of PMB in his appointments and now wants to justify him because of the appointment of another Northerner is not only a fool, but a useless fool.

As for you working for an IOC, good for you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
AmDayo:

wake up bro
he is a core Fulani I live in Ilorin and am telling you the fact.
Nah you are the one sleeping
Have you ever been to Ilorin before?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:53pm On May 12, 2020
AmDayo:

wake up bro
he is a core Fulani I live in Ilorin and am telling you the fact.
Nah you are the one sleeping
Have you ever been to Ilorin before?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StreetFight: 4:54pm On May 12, 2020
AmDayo:

wake up bro

he is a core Fulani
I live in Ilorin and am telling you the fact.

Are you an Ilorin indegene? If not, then what you see is mirage.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by CreekCommando: 4:55pm On May 12, 2020
afecgivers:

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo. (I follow)
What are you even saying?
This man is a Fulani of Kwara Gambaris who are Fulanis just like Tunde Idiagbon whose dad was Fulani but had Yoruba mom. Buhari till death remains an ethnic bigot of the first order. Why not appoint a non-Fulani or a total Yoruba man?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by emezuo17: 4:55pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
. I thought the gambaris are the children of alimi, the Fulani man that killed afonja and installed himself the emir of ilorin, how is he a Yoruba man.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Mjpem23(m): 4:56pm On May 12, 2020
seunmsg:
Congratulations to Prof. Ibrahim Agboola Gambari. Honestly, nobody saw this coming. He’s definitely not a bad choice and not the type of person that can be controlled by various interest struggling to hijack the presidency.

However, I’m concerned about his age. I hope he still has a lot of energy to run the office of the chief of staff at 76. I also hope he has no relationship or loyalty to the Saraki family of Ilorin.

I swear To God, his loyalty to Saraki is not to be measure here.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 12, 2020
FREEMADNESS:
I have a feeling dat dis nigga is gonna snitch.
is either he betrays his boss or his pple (Yorubas)
not trust worthy at all.

He's not Yoruba, he's Fulani. Dude is probably senile himself anyway tongue
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Kaysalas(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2020
StreetFight:

And Emir of Ilorin is an Igbo or Ijaw. If you are not from Ilorin, then you cannot talk about Ilorin. Even people from other local government of Kwara State like Offa, Ifelodun, Irepodun, Asa, Oyun, e.t.c. do not know nor understand Ilorin's history and people. The rubbish you read in the internet are nonsense. I am from Ilorin and I know my people and my history.
Hahaha, stop being clever by half. Why did you not use Fulani @ the bolded?
Gambari is not of Yoruba lineage. Plain and simple. By the way, you are not the only one from Ilorin nor the only one knowledgeable about Ilorin history. Cheers wink

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 4:59pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

no sir oba is.
abi baale, hehe
that means re an ignorant, you dont have any business with the on going conversation.

To cure your ignorance , emir is not a Fulani title it belongs to Arabs . it is an Islamic name for a monarch
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by ogbuefi677(m): 5:00pm On May 12, 2020
StreetFight:

Lazy youth like you are only interested in drugs trafficking, sports betting and Yahoo Yahoo. Those qualities do not qualify you for leadership position. We cannot afford to have someone like Dino Melaye, Yahaya Bello, Ben Ayade or Nyesom Wike all who have psychiatric disorders as Chief of Staff to our dear President.
Get well soon bro.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by sweetgala(m): 5:00pm On May 12, 2020
chloedogie:
Truth is Buhari has so many surprises in his sleeve. Wouldn't have ever thought someone from Kwara will be his chief of staff. That office is like the soul of the president. I am now believing the news I read few days back that a new cabal is cropping up.

To those who called president Buhari an ethnic bigot, bubu don surprise you oooo.
And to those who says he is too found of old people, baba don show say una dey correct cos the man na 75 years old.

My conclusion, he has a good biography and I pray he pledges his allegiance to both the president and the nation as a whole. May God help you do good and not be caught up in the politics and become useless AMEN.

And may he have the courage to tell the president whenever he is making a wrong decision or being advised to make a wrong decision.

And to those wishing Buhari dead, just pray you live as old as him o cos the man no dey die yet o and people that thought they will outlive him are gone and some terribly sick now ooooooo. May we all live long and may God bless the federal republic of NIGERIA. AMEN.

And to think he will go to the territory and abode of SARAKI to pick his new chief of staff baffles me ooooo.

This is a Buhari man, Buhari only trust people whose loyalty has been tried and trusted through the ultimate test of time.

Says from his bio he was as former external affairs minister from 84-85 so it's obvious this is someone who is within the particular Middle belt/Northern Buhari causus which folks like Daura belong to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (25) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar's Son Test Positive For Coronavirus / First Thing Dasuki Did When He Returned Home After He Regains Freedom [PHOTOS] / Okorocha Opens His Mouth As Swazi Women Dance Topless At Calabar Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.