Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,765 members, 7,813,538 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff (111863 Views)

Why Buhari Appointed Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Peter Obi Hails The Appointment Of Ibrahim Gambari As Chief Of Staff / Emir Ibrahim Sulu-Gambari Thanks Buhari For Appointing Gambari As Chief Of Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:16pm On May 12, 2020
princdebola201:
excuse me wasnt to talking to you.

You are quite excused
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Idrisk19(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2020
Alihamdulillah, proudly Ilorite

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Sunshineg5(m): 4:17pm On May 12, 2020
StaffofOrayan:

I doubt u r Yoruba
Fulani man disguising as Yoruba
Abeg enjoy ur brother 'Agboola'
Hehehe
You are the one every sensible person doubts

Your position is always to support your igbo brothers while going against every Yoruba leader in history starting from your Seguno moniker days.

Pathetic! tbh cheesy
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by kabillionaire(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Noted please
Prof. Agboola(Yoruba) Gambari(Fulani)
Kwara state emir-fulani Kwara state, half yoruba, half fulani.
You're on your own.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 4:18pm On May 12, 2020
Dpharisee:

Keep deceiving yourself that because he answers Kolapo as middle name he is now an official Yoruba Oba Emir, good enough people like Ibaa Gani Adams are not tricked like your type

what is oba'emir again?
afonja nd asskissing be like 5&6. hypocricy nogo ke una. if na igbo nw u 4get mouth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by afrodoc2: 4:19pm On May 12, 2020
Destroyerofyeeb:
This one na our yoruba brother na. Let's see how he's gonna turn out. Hope he's not gonna become another cabal like the last one.

He is Fulani. Don't let the name fool you.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Destroyerofyeeb: 4:21pm On May 12, 2020
Oh, I see.
sesan85:
Nah, he's one of those Fulanis from Ilorin with Yoruba names.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StaffofOrayan(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Your position is always to support your igbo brothers while going against every Yoruba leader in history starting from your Seguno moniker days.

Pathetic! tbh cheesy

My Yoruba brother's that fight for Fulani's?
My Yoruba brother's that can't see the bloodshed that is coming in lorry loads?
Those ones are enemies of Yoruba land

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by martineverest(m): 4:22pm On May 12, 2020
valdetino:
Another Muslim
come up with something better
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by deesquarediddy(m): 4:24pm On May 12, 2020
Organicist95:

I'm sure you didn't see the middle name AGBOOLA....a Yoruba name

Forget that middle name, its to create a sense of belonging to the original owner of Ilorin which is the Yoruba people after Alimi a Fulani conquered Afonja to become the leader of Ilorin.

Gambari is 100% Fulani.

This man can speak fulfudei, the Fulani language.

Bubu can never appoint any Chief of staff who can't speak fulfudei cos him no like to speak English.

Reminds me of Yoruba saying... kaka ka dobale fun Gambari, ka kuku San Ku. Gambari is never Yoruba.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by faruqola(m): 4:24pm On May 12, 2020
[b][/b]that's my man thumb up
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by princdebola201(m): 4:25pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

what is oba'emir again?
afonja nd asskissing be like 5&6. hypocricy nogo ke una. if na igbo nw u 4get mouth.
so Emir is a Fulani title?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 12, 2020
deesquarediddy:

Forget that middle name, its to create a sense of belonging to the original owner of Ilorin which is the Yoruba people after Alimi a Fulani conquered Afonja to become the leader of Ilorin.

Gambari is 100% Fulani.

This man can speak fulfudei, the Fulani language.

Bubu can never appoint any Chief of staff who can't speak fulfudei cos him no like to speak English.

Reminds me of Yoruba saying... kaka ka dobale fun Gambari, ka kuku San Ku. Gambari is never Yoruba.

Okay
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by samzy66: 4:26pm On May 12, 2020
A distress sale of a new inverter ..an X2 series 8kv ,48v inverter ..it's new a serious buyer needed. Asap .you can send a mail to ikemsamuel66@gmail.com
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by myobjective: 4:27pm On May 12, 2020
Dreason:

Alliance ke' why didnt they sware the alliance to oyo? let me school u. the illorin emir grew after the afonjas chickend out stop hiding the main fact. the fulani took over and then bowed to sokoto which is a bigger emirate. jst like britens had emperos, lords,governors in our country during the colonalsysterm

Because they were fighting with Oyo. Ilorin was just a small outpost of Oyo. It has no king because it was part of Oyo, it was Afonja that sort independence for Ilorin when he had a problem with the then Alaafin of Oyo. He achieves this independence with the help of Fulani, Hausa/Nupe (slave from Oyo) and Yoruba Muslim. After independence, Afonja was killed in a palace coup and the son of Alimi was appointed as the 'amir' a title which means the head of Muslim which then metamorphosed into the Oba/emir of Ilorin today.

Historically, Ilorin never hard an Oba so there was no way the Afonja family could claim to be the ruling class of Ilorin and the Ilorin people are cool with the Fulani emir, who are you to disagree.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by StreetFight: 4:27pm On May 12, 2020
osazsky:
Nice one...imagine Lagos slaves afonja wanted to use style to appoint Tinubu who is their lord and master I hear some of them lick his ass and they take it as full time jobs in return they are given stipends...them one use style make tinubu president tru d back door these people are really cowards same to Ambode the slave kudos sir we love this new chief of staff see as he fine unlike the other yoruba gorilla

This is how chronic madness starts.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Godwin616: 4:29pm On May 12, 2020
Beyond all these ethnic and tribal war, one thing that strikes my attention is the education backroung. I noticed most of these guys at the top attend Kings College. Nna! My pikin must go that school o. Even the late COS Abbah Kyari passed through KC too. Biko what's special about that school.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by myobjective: 4:29pm On May 12, 2020
Sunshineg5:

Pathetic! tbh cheesy

Don't mind the guy. My mother is from Ilorin and I know a great deal about the history of the town.

So many people that came together to become Yoruba today came from diverse origin but today they are Yoruba.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by deesquarediddy(m): 4:33pm On May 12, 2020
Organicist95:

So kwara is an hausa state or what is your point

The fact remains that he is from kwara state

You guys should read history and understand that the Fulani people took over Ilorin in Kwara state years ago.

The king is Ilorin is emir and uses turban. They use emirate system. Yoruba oba does not use turban and the oba in council system is used.

When a Yoruba land was taken over by Fulani, you don't expect the traces of the Yoruba culture to disappear overnight, hence the name.

Gambari is Fulani, Kwara state has lots of tribes... Yoruba, Fulani, Nupe...name it

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by FisifunKododada: 4:33pm On May 12, 2020
Asgard13:

Fulani are the elder brothers of Yoruba people.... they’re one and same people

Agboola na confirm Yoruba boy... Tinubu’s son

But e Belike say e senior Tinubu... don’t know again grin

Yoruba no get senior for Nigeria. Fulani will always be junior to Yoruba.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by 989900: 4:34pm On May 12, 2020
Too old.
Further reason not to elect too old people, they can hardly see beyond their old colleagues.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 12, 2020
SimplePlan34:
Wow

Check Kwara state very well and you will discover that Fulanis with Yoruba names rule them. This man is a Fulani from Kwara and Buhari is a Fulani from Katsina. Na dem dem.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:36pm On May 12, 2020
naptu2:

https://aledeh.com/2020/05/12/just-in-buhari-appoints-prof-ibrahim-gambari-as-new-chief-of-staff/

Check Kwara state very well and you will discover that Fulanis with Yoruba names rule them. This man is a Fulani from Kwara and Buhari is a Fulani from Katsina. Na dem dem.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by papermill: 4:36pm On May 12, 2020
guy222:
Abba kyari that you people had been complaining about, was it because he did not guarantee Nigeria a three square meal?

I hope you know his Age? I will leave it here...
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 4:36pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

Because they were fighting with Oyo. Ilorin was just a small outpost of Oyo. It has no king because it was part of Oyo, it was Afonja that sort independence for Ilorin when he had a problem with the then Alaafin of Oyo. He achieves this independence with the help of Fulani, Hausa/Nupe (slave from Oyo) and Yoruba Muslim. After independence, Afonja was killed in a palace coup and the son of Alimi was appointed as the 'amir' a title which means the head of Muslim which then metamorphosed into the Oba/emir of Ilorin today.

Historically, Ilorin never hard an Oba so there was no way the Afonja family could claim to be the ruling class of Ilorin and the Ilorin people are cool with the Fulani emir, who are you to disagree.

that does not in any where change the fact that fulani are kings in yoruba land. be sincere if it was igbo that had a fulani as king you'll be shouting coward upandown.
afonja betryed oyo. and foolishly handed illorin to the fulani go nd 5x

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 12, 2020
Another fake news, look at the source.
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 12, 2020
deesquarediddy:

You guys should read history and understand that the Fulani people took over Ilorin in Kwara state years ago.

The king is Ilorin is emir and uses turban. They use emirate system. Yoruba oba does not use turban and the oba in council system is used.

When a Yoruba land was taken over by Fulani, you don't expect the traces of the Yoruba culture to disappear overnight, hence the name.

Gambari is Fulani, Kwara state has lots of tribes... Yoruba, Fulani, Nupe...name it

It's okay na
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by xcelentattitude(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2020
naptu2:
Biography.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Gambari

His brother, Alhaji Ibrahim Kolapo Sulu Gambari, is the Emir of Ilorin.

In 1990 when the Gulf Crisis was being discussed at the UN, 2 of the 3 officials at the high table were from Nigeria. General Joe Garba was the president of the UN General Assembly at the time and Professor Gambari was also on the high table. Below is a picture of Professor Gambari and General Garba.

The man know book o grin

If you are just hearing about him like me, gather here for a selfie grin
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Ochogbe(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2020
FREEMADNESS:
I have a feeling dat dis nigga is gonna snitch.
is either he betrays his boss or his pple (Yorubas)
not trust worthy at all.
Please, are Gambari family people of Ilorin Yoruba origin ?
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mvem(m): 4:40pm On May 12, 2020
osazsky:
he grew up in london
No...Pure Fulanis are mostly slim, with long faces and pointed nose. The pure ones. What has London has to do with his look
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by Dreason(m): 4:41pm On May 12, 2020
myobjective:

Don't mind the guy. My mother is from Ilorin and I know a great deal about the history of the town.

So many people that came together to become Yoruba today came from diverse origin but today they are Yoruba.

stop lying oduduwa (fallen demon) fail from the sky
diverse mpor mbok
Re: Buhari Appoints Ibrahim Agboola Gambari As New Chief of Staff by mvem(m): 4:42pm On May 12, 2020
HarunaWest:
not all fulanis look like Fulani. Atiku is Fulani, Buh doesn't look it, my mum is Fulani, but if you see some of her siblings, they don't look it. What actually happened is that in Illorin, some of the Gambaris married Nupe(tapa) or Yoruba so probably his mum isn't Fulani.
Atiku Fulani heritage is disputed. I have spoken to many Adamawa people and they say he is not really Fulani.I understand what you mean by the intermixing which will alter the pure characteristics, because it is not hard to tell a pure fulani man

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (25) (Reply)

Covid-19: Governors Give Buhari Conditions For Relaxing Lockdown On Monday / How Buhari, Osinbajo Now Greet In Aso Rock (photos) / President Buhari Meets With Donald Trump At The Oval Office. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.